/comfymlb/ (18+ Only)

We don't care if this is the real thread. Fuck trains, fuck Schwarberfags, and fuck broships

STL: Flaherty keeps Cubs to one hit in shutout win
BOS: Bogaerts goes 4-for-4 with two homers in loss
BOS: Cashner gets smoked for seven runs in loss
HOU: Gerrit Cole holds Indians to one run in win
CHC: Cubs confirm Cole Hamels to return Saturday
OAK: Chapman propels A's with go-ahead homer
MLW: Josh Hader blows late lead as Brewers fall
PIT: Jameson Taillon (elbow) headed for surgery
PHI: Jake Arrieta says elbow is in a 'tough spot'
CHC: Hamels (oblique) on track to return Saturday

Attached: image0.jpg (490x513, 91K)

Dodgers doing well tonight.

Saw Padres had the upper hand earlier, did Lucchessi shit a brick or something?

Yea Lucchessi left with bases loaded and then the dads gave up a slam to Will Smith.

I don't know why the Dodgers won't bite the bullet and ship Ruiz for a guy like Vazquez. Smith is clearly the catcher of the future, why are they constantly holding on and letting their bullpen shit bricks in games that count? Sometimes you can't put all your eggs in the farm's basket.

Honestly I'm surprised they didn't get a big bullpen piece like Vazquez, now I'm just hoping the guy they got from the rays is good.

Kolarek is a lefty who tends to strike out batters more than what you had. He should be good for them. The Rays are a bit weird though, they keep trading guys who help them like Mallex Smith and Ryne Stanek and their returns don't pay off for the most part. They're a solid team but that front office is dumb. Even after Snell extended I could still see him being shipped.

Because their biting the bullet trade deadline deals have fucked them in the ass the last few years
Also relievers are a meme

>tfw doyers current president came from the rayz
Honestly surprised the rays would sell, I feel like they could be in WC contention slightly but oh well.

I know that just the idea of prospect hugging getting out of control. Yankees could have honestly gotten Stroman if they weren't so stubborn on that end.
Never trust the Rays. They might be a consistently better team than others but (((ownership))) could care less about building a real winner.

>(((ownership))) could care less about building a real winner.
lel this, they're already a foot out the door to Montreal, I wouldn't be surprised if their attendance is worse than the marlins next season (except when the yanks or sux come to town.)

If they somehow have a fire sale (anything is possible) you're probably right on the money here. The funny part is the Rays just helped out the Marlins a big deal by trading Stanek and one of their Top 10 prospects for fucking peanuts. They're a weird team, man.

Sometimes it feels like the rays are trying to kill fan interest.

They'll definitely be out of Tampa in 10 years. Without question. The situation there is dire despite winning.

Montreal isn't going to publicly fund a ballpark just like Tampa isn't going to. They are trying to bribe one city and threaten the other in the hopes that one of them blinks and forks over a billion dollars.

Ah yes gentlemen. I daresay ahh... yes... let me just... ahem.
*inhales*
Friends... bromans.... countrymen... lend me your >cusb

Gentlemen as a true adult baseball fan I've noticed that the Rays attendance isn't very good. Am I the first to notice this? Let's discuss my findings in depth.

I heard Bronfman's son was willing to do something along those lines but I could be wrong. Either way, those exhibition games are a sign Montreal fans can pack. It's honestly not their fault the league conspired to get rid of them and succeeded.

I believe their attendance was similar to the Rays for a good while leading up to them being moved.

To Montreal, no less. To my knowledge, they had a baseball team at one time and are looking to expand.
Now gentlemen, as I mentioned, the Rays have poor attendance. This has not gone un-noticed league-wide. The Rays are seen as a laughingstock attendance-wise, and it stands to reason that without INCREASING their attendance the team is in danger of moving.
Perhaps to Montreal? In my mind, it's the perfect fit. I hear they once had a baseball team in Montreal.
That said, this all goes out the window if the Rays can correct their attendance problem, which I've heard is very grave.

I see checking attendance that the Rays are under performing. Where do you gentlemen think the team may land? I hear Montreal once had a baseball team. Perhaps they're looking to test the waters?

During the 80s Montreal was one of the better baseball towns in North America, it's after the strike in which Selig conspired to get them and the Twins gone (and only partially succeeded there). Making matters worse it was Loria who spearheaded the DC relocation only to abandon them for the Marlins the minute he put the Expos at their nadir.

Have any of you gentlemen heard word about any team relocation possibilities?
I've been doing some research, and it seems the Tampa Rays have some quite poor attendance. Now, to me, this SCREAMS relocation, but to where?
I know Montreal once had a team. Perhaps they might be interested?

I know it's a pipe dream. I know it's not happening "today", but I do consider myself an expert on these matters, so please, hear me out.
The Montreal Rays.

I don't know what their name would be "à Quebecois". I'd love for any other expert baseball fans to bend my ear regarding this matter.

This has been quite a pleasant experience, I must say. Simply peers sharing our deep knowledge of the game. I'd ask for nothing more.
Perhaps after a brief respite and rejuvenation we can discuss the matter of Marlins bad. My research tells me that Marlins bad, gentlemen, and this may be a fine time to explore such matters.