CM PUNK On Today’s Wrestling: "What Are You Doing? It's Not For Me."

Kevin in the Morning with Allie & Jensen recently spoke to the Second City Savior. He opened up about today’s “wrasslin.'” There is a lot of content out there, but Punk admitted that it’s not for him. Today’s wrestling just isn’t his generation.

>“It’s wild. There’s a lot of it. There’s so much wrasslin’.

>“So I’m like the old grizzled hitting coach that a new baseball team hires, and I come in like, ‘oh man. These guys don’t even know how to swing a bat. What are they doing? You don’t need batting gloves and the elbow guard. Come on. Let’s get back to basics. What are you all doing?’ I understand. It’s not for me. It’s not my generation,” Punk said. “It’s a completely different game. There’s good, and there’s bad.”

Attached: CM Punk Says Today's Wrestling 'Is Not My Generation'.png (742x418, 537K)

he already said this on the podcast. he's going to start looking like an out of touch boomer real quick

>his gimmick was preaching about change
>now that change come bitch about it
typical boomer

I can see he coming back as soon as the RAW after Mania

CM Punk is the definition of an NPC, faggot still tweets about how The Walking Dead makes him do a basedface.

Not the change he is talking about.

I feel the same way, but I might also be an out of touch boomer
the matches these days are just obnoxiously fake and the wrestlers can't drive a convincing story to save their lives
like Cody going for a roll up in the opening minutes of the MJF match that he went through hell to get
they've just completely lost the plot

>implying he isn't right

the change of workrate fags getting pushed which spawned an entire new promotion being formed as well as wwe main event scene the last couple years.

not for me Clive

Cringe

Who gives a fuck

Kofi Kingston is a product of CM Punk

>a guy who was always a shitty subpar wrestler who got carried by his talking
>acting like he is the "coach" and has anything to teach anyone
>acting like most people aren't better technical wrestlers than him

Legitimately awful take coming from Punk considering people were saying the exact same thing about him as little as 9 years ago. Fuck I hate ‘back in muh day’ retards.

There are so many guys still wrestling that had their debut before this simp bitch...
He's just a quitter.

This kek, Punk was a horrible wrestler. Even all the midgets on NXT are a thousand times better than he ever was.

Post his armbar

"Back in my day" is valid considering wrestling is dead.

Attached: IMG_0010.gif (250x203, 944K)

what?

Attached: laughingrainmaker.jpg (230x240, 21K)

>wants change
>change comes
>it doesnt draw and kills wrestling
>no you have to like it

What he's saying is that all these flippy manlets doing 5000 flips to land a punch is retarded and looks retarded. His style is more slow paced impact oriented old school. More storytelling through moves and action rather than flashy shit that goes nowhere. And he's right.

WWE is dead. Wrestling is more successful now than it has been in 20 years everywhere else.

it's a sit down neckbreaker

>Wrestling is more successful now than it has been in 20 years everywhere else.
Doesn't matter. No new fans created, wrestling is still cold. The "success" of minor feds like AEW and various indies still operates inside the woeful, withered niche wrestling has become.
The only place wrestling is genuinely meaningfully thriving is Japan. America is fucked.

If wrestling was dying AEW wouldn’t exist.

It's a modified brap attack with theatrics

It's existence doesn't matter. The fans are just WWE fans, They're not booming wrestling, they have like 800k viewers. Their viewers are just the same boomers. Their existence is indicative that Cody struck a rich vein of disenfranchised WWE fans and nothing else. They're just leeches suckling the carcass of Amerimutt wrestling for a few final dimes from the obese E-Smarks before it finally kicks it.

It would because a money mark is using his daddy's oil money to invest in it. 800k is laughable.

This is an impressive level of anal devastation even by "AEW dares to just exist" standards.

Vince has been killing wrestling since 2001

Nice "argument"

>point out wrestling is dying (it is)
>U-U MAD, U MAD
You should be happy. Wrestling's only chance at genuine rebirth and renewal is death.

Remember that part in his shitty movie where he kept cutting himself?

go rebirth yourself

But nobody hired CM Punk to do anything.

When will you idiots understand that wrestling not being mainstream doesn't mean it's dying. Contrary to what retards believe, being a niche market can be completely sustainable and even better because it filters the casual scum. See Card games, fighting games or some anime genres even. Game of Thrones was able t ogrow as big as it did when it was niche, when it became mainstream it all went to shit.

>See Card games, fighting games or some anime genres even
All thriving
>Game of Thrones
Pointless point about how you thought the quality went down when it became popular. You're right but it still grew.

>Bends the arm the way it's meant to bend
Bases

Cody is fucking dumb

I want Punk on the JRE, or Jim at least needs to comment on this.

Punk was never a work rate fag his matches depended on the stories he built around them.

>(You)
>When will you idiots understand that wrestling not being mainstream doesn't mean it's dying. Contrary to what retards believe, being a niche market can be completely sustainable and even better because it filters the casual scum.
>loses popularity
>loses recognition
>nobody cares about it
>"th-this is fine!"
>Card games, fighting games or some anime genres even
Literally mainstream interests.

WWE is more successful than all your tranny feds combined, kid.

Poor cm punk having fantasies of being brought in somewhere to teach something he never knew himself.

reading would be your friend

Isnt that Bayleys new finisher?

This. He's so detestable.

Lol I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that in his match.

Maybe, if the "back in my day" wasn't still in the past decade.

>no new fans created

I was just at AEW last Wednesday and there were was a group of 7 year old girls in front of me that knew more about the show than I did including singing chris Jericho's entire song as he came out

>AEW
>kids
nice headcanon

this

What AEW is doing and what NXT was doing is everything this little faggot screeched for

>AEW drawing the young thot dimes
Based

there's kids dressed up like Darby or Cassidy in the arenas every week

>wrasslin’

Attached: actwres cringe.jpg (800x1200, 92K)

CONSOOM

Attached: 1572486080108.webm (632x346, 2.92M)

He literally started the decline