Dave Meltzer unironically thinks this is the greatest tag team match in history. Is he right or is he a shoot retard?

Dave Meltzer unironically thinks this is the greatest tag team match in history. Is he right or is he a shoot retard?

Attached: apwtagteamtitlematch.png (1158x633, 2M)

It was kino

How many times did Adam Page slap those delicious thighs of his?

honestly was pretty good.

it was

Attached: iB5E3DK.png (426x532, 502K)

One of the best matches I’ve ever seen.

I don't watch modern wrestling so i don't care!

>greatest tag team match in history
nah, that's the original TLC
this match was okay but too many bullshit fake finishes

ok boomer

kys

this /thread

Not only is it a retarded take, his reasoning for why this was so great is even more retarded. He was amazed by all the 'little things' they did. Like Omega momentarily selling his arm. He literally thought it was some groundbreaking piece of wrestling art, when Omega sold slightly before going for a cover and that's why one of the Bucks could kick out of a finisher. This is basic stuff but Dave's using it to justify his 6 star rating for an indyriffic spotfest. He's a strange man.

it was fine, but way too heavy-handed with the kick outs of super finishers and ultimate death moves
that shit can be done well but they missed the mark

he gave it six stars?

Attached: 1576793495177.jpg (675x945, 71K)

Best tag match I've ever seen, granted I've only been watching wrestling since my wife introduced me to it in 2016.

Not yet, but he said it was better than the last Kobashi-Misawa match, which he gave 5 stars. He also called it the match of the year, and he gave Okada-Naito 5 stars +

kek

"why don't you watch TV while I go upstairs with my friend Tyrone. Here, look, wrestling is on."

he will give it at least 5.5 stars. 5.75 tops

Melodramatic, soap opera shit apparently constitutes great storytelling according to autists like Dave. I actually cringed when buck #2 stared at the tape on his hands after he attacked Kenny's bad shoulder and recoiled in horror like he was Lady Macbeth realising what he had done. Just as awful at that overbooked mess GL/YB match they had in Japan

ok consoomer

He said it might be. Why are you lying?

He said he couldn't think of one that was better

can't remember ever seeing a better one

This isn't even in the top ten Bucks matches. Meltzer is an autist with a severe case of recency bias.

>Young Balds on the card
hard cringe

This.
I'd say TLC I and II were both better than this.

I hate cringe tranny shit and spot fests, but this was based. It had legit storytelling, callbacks, drama, and it builds the kenny/Hangman story toward building tension

>callbacks

Attached: 1557625983854.jpg (900x900, 120K)

that's how in ring psychology fags are, wrestling at it's deepest is pretty much
>wrestler targets another wrestlers injured body part
>wrestler sells the injury and acts like it hurts to use said body part
yet some people consider this something worth a praise, though most wrestlers are too stupid to do something that simple

>is he a shoot retard?
Yes, he's an autistic mark that sees endless flips and think it's automatically good wrestling.
The core storyline in the match was good and the moves that furthered it were those that popped the crowd the most
>Hangman spitting on Matt
>Matt spitting on Hangman
>Hangman trying to powerbomb the Buck on the Table and Kenny stopping him
>the Bucks trying to kill Hangman
>the OWA from Hangman
>Kenny going mental after the Golden Lovers' finisher
>Hangman finishing with his own moves
fuck it's like they get wrestling but they just can't help themselves to bury their matches by doing a million of moves, Hangman should've been dead after all that shit on the ramp, Nick no selling the tablespot, the poisonrana from the top turnbuckle, the continous count break, that shit made me zone out

Yep, it wqs close to being great then they just had to do all their shit and ruin it. Meltzer at this point kind of just puts a negative stink on things as he can't just say he likes it, he has to try and pretend it's the best ever, to prove something and you know part of it now is because Cornette tore his ass up Summer of 92 style.

>"nonono I've- I've watched wrestling for 50 years and-"
complete mark. The fact is that they have guys like Bret and Raven lurking around AEW and they don't consult them to put up matches, and in all honestly I'm not sure that the Bucks would even give a shit about having someone to help them in that regard given their records.

It was not memorable at all.

god those titles are ugly why can't modern belts look good anymore?

>I hate cringe tranny shit and spot fests, but this was based. It had legit storytelling, callbacks, drama, and it builds the kenny/Hangman story toward building tension

Attached: 1583112077093.webm (1920x1080, 2.83M)

why do ppl say dave is obseesed with flips when okada ishii shingo suzuki misawa akiyama kobashi shibata and taue never ever flipped and he loves all them way more than anyone here.

>he loves all them way more than anyone here.
bullshit, he was arguing how omega layed out those matches for ocarder.

ive seen quite a few bucks matches and i cant think of any better

>I hate cringe tranny shit and spot fests, but this was based. It had legit storytelling, callbacks, drama, and it builds the kenny/Hangman story toward building tension

Attached: 1573956126863.gif (800x371, 183K)

because he rated Hiromu and Ospreay higher than Naito v Okada when he first saw them and he knows he can't go against the popular, and correct opinion, that it was the better match with the better wrestlers

Yeah, they should be using these guys to agent matches, they have some agents, but it's clear they aren't strict with the guys and many wrestlers are planning their own matches, which would be fine if you had a veteran to reel them in, make the good shit better and take the bad shit out, but it seems like the current agents are just saying 'Sounds great boys! Go do your thing!'

>Naito v Okada
It wasn’t and nobody even remembers it outside of the finish.

>Naito crawling outside
>Okada working the leg and getting booed
>Naito getting overwhelmed in the fistfight and spitting in Okada's face
>the Stardust press
not my fault if you're CTE'd

shoot retard

also pic related

Attached: Fellow-kids.jpg (678x452, 25K)

hiromu vs lee was way better than that trash, ospreay is like the cucks, he brings down whoever he has a match with.

>NOOOOOOOOOO THEY DIDNT DO ENOUGH FLIPS! MY ATTENTION SPAN IS SO TINY I NEED A FLIP EVERY THIRTY SECONDS!!!! WHERE IS MY THE OVEREXAGGERATED :O FACE! THIS IS SO BORING UGHHH
stick to trannymite

Could it be? SrGrafo just turned heel?!

Got a kek outta me user, well played

Gay

Who’s waiting for based Corny’s review?

This. I also want to see what he says about the Cody match, especially the Brandi bullshit and the retarded ending where he hit him with the finisher twice. Also have to hear what he says about the tattoo.

How many canadian destroyers was there

Based

Best pure tag match of the 21st century, not as great of a spectacle as TLC II

Dave cant be expected to give an honest opinion due to bias.

i dont remember any

It was pure kino.

bruh this match wouldnt end had no in ring psychology and after they kicked out of every movie imaginable for 30 mins a clothesline was the finish. The match was ok at best. I was forced to watch this with a friend because I make him watch NXT and NJPW all the time. I just wanted this match to end. The moves that they hit were decent enough but it was a giant spotfest where people kicked out of 20 different moves that in this era and especially any era before the move would be a finisher.

I think there was only 1

>another /cult/ thread filled with generic one sentence of praise

Attached: 7 star matcherino.webm (960x540, 2.94M)

There are like five Misawa/Kobashi vs Taue/Kawada matches. Benoit and Angle vs Rey and Edge. Even Revival vs DIY if you're into NXT. This match was good, really good, but Dave likes to jump the gun

Hangman busting out a callback to Scurll was REALLY good though, I have to admit.

Dave mentioned this spot as an example of great storytelling

Shit match

I think it works. It popped the crowd for one, it meshed with hangman hitting the one winged angel later, and it called back to another guy who left the elite and found success without the Bucks. It looks silly out of context, but it worked

It's fucking retarded in context.

Nah

HEADCANON

Ending was too anticlimactic but it is up there

what
part
of
that
counts
as
head
canon
it's
all
based
on
easily
obsevable
examples

>WPOTCAHCIABOEOE
ftfy

Who the fuck cares about Meltzers opinions?

this whole match was the way it was because it's all they care about

>meltzberg
>overrating a match when his name is one of the signature moves
pick two

>It popped the crowd for one

there is literally two people cheering you cultist

>busting out a callback
>an example of great storytelling

there is no arguing with cultists

>*does a basic callback*
>WOAH GREAT STORYTELLING
Dave's just a pleb

ITT

Attached: 1541760605967.png (1000x1000, 496K)

Based

Vs. World's Cutest, PWG11
Vs. Golden Lovers, NJPW Long Beach
Vs. ReDragon, RPG Vice and Ricochet/Sydal, WK10
Vs. The Addiction, literally any time it happened in RoH