These are the top 5 best New Japan matches of 2019 as voted by fans

These are the top 5 best New Japan matches of 2019 as voted by fans.

1 - Will Ospreay vs. Shingo Takagi (6.5)
2 - Minoru Suzuki vs. Jushin Liger (10.14)
3 - Kazuchika Okada vs. SANADA (8.3)
4 - SHO vs. Shingo Takagi (5.13)
5 - Tomohiro Ishii vs. Taichi (8.11)

Do you agree?

Attached: y1TD03U5J7M.jpg (1166x655, 318K)

>Shingo only person up there twice
Based as fuck
>Shingo/Ishii isn't up there
Cringe as fuck

>shingo
based
>suzuki vs liger
glad i'm not the only one that thinks this was liger's best match of his retirement series
>okada/sanada
too many dragon sleepers for me
>taichi
meltzer seething

why no Kenny match?

Why no Tanahashi, Ibushi or Naito match?

Based Shingo

Attached: 8dd69_188_049fd051_5a35f362.jpg (399x600, 56K)

I will never get what the Japanese people see in Sanada.

SHO vs. Shingo might be the most overrated match in recent history. I simply do not understand the high praise for this match. I get the excitement of it being Shingo's first big singles showing in New Japan, but still. SHO under-delivered. His stuff looked so weak in comparison to Shingo's, his strikes looked soft in the exchanges and his timing was not very strong. He just didn't bring the heat in the match. He doesn't have that second gear in him and it's no wonder he's where he is. Match was weak as fuck.

he looks good and he was Muta's youngboy. plus i guess he "carries himself like a superstar" but i can't verify since i don't speak japanese

i personally tune out any time he steps in the ring

I do not.

>1 - Will Ospreay vs. Shingo Takagi (6.5)
BASED
>2 - Minoru Suzuki vs. Jushin Liger (10.14)
Could have been better maybe but is based for being two over 50 niggas and is going down in history as Liger's last great match
>3 - Kazuchika Okada vs. SANADA (8.3)
Cringe, Simpnada no dimes
>4 - SHO vs. Shingo Takagi (5.13)
Based as fuck
>5 - Tomohiro Ishii vs. Taichi (8.11)
Based as fuck
Overall based list, but my favorite was ELP vs Rocky, now that shit was great.

Based Shingo

no. however, selecting taichi v ishii is pretty based

Based Ospreay, Wrestler of 2019.

ELP vs Rocky might end up being one of those matches that's brought up as underrated so much it becomes overrated, but it's for real the best match of 2019

My problem with Suzuki vs. Liger is in terms of build, that was probably one of the best stories in all of 2019 if not the best. Shit like the Kishin Liger reveal and Suzuki screaming Liger's shoot name at him was absolutely great. And Liger is standing in the ring in Korakuen saying "It won't be a wrestling match. We're going to kill each other. I'm definitely going to take his head." and I'm expecting this to be an insane brawl where they just beat the absolute shit out of each other.

And then it's just a wrestling match. It's a very straightforward Minoru Suzuki wrestling match straight out of the middle of the G1. And then at the end of the match they're fucking bowing to each other when a month ago, Liger was trying to fucking stab Suzuki with a ring spike. Probably one of the worst cases of a build and a match not fitting together that I've ever seen.

>Tomohiro Ishii vs. Taichi

based

a list of great matches but I thought Ibushi/White was the match of the year in 2019.
there were about 10 matches better than Tanahashi/Omega in 2019
agreed, massively overrated, but he does have truly great matches on rare occasions
Sho isn't at the level of the top guys in NJPW, or even the top guys in the Junior Heavyweight division
this

This is what divides the Japanese fans and Western fans.
Western fans think he's a boring shitter while Japanese fans love him.
Just like Western fans love the Young Bucks in New Japan while the Japanese fans never gave a shit about them.
Maybe it's a country thing.

>Western fans love the Young Bucks in New Japan

the neckbeard manchild incel hamplanet segment of the western new japan fan base loved the young cucks

In context that was a pretty hot match. Those guys had a rivalry built up over tag matches all year, and the BoSJ match was the first time they faced off. I liked it