Is Ospreay right about japanese crowds?

is Ospreay right about japanese crowds?

Attached: n4p1zxtk76k41.jpg (5167x2208, 594K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DyPip3VcuPQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Y0yc7RI4J2Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yes but he's still a cringe ass flippy shitter

Yes.

I like Nick but I can’t take his opinion seriously when his fed is stuck on YouTube and isn’t drawing shit

Did Big Daddy Nick criticize the fans?
I assumed he was mocking the pseudo-stiff larpers that can't throw punches

>NJPW is gonna sell out MSG August 22.

Attached: Doubt.jpg (200x303, 16K)

you dont think if they put a WK level card, it wont sell out?

Yes.
If the jap fan is gonna see you only twice you don't matter to them so there's no connection there.

He was criticizing English speaking puro Twitter and the fact that everyone is poorly imitating Japanese wrestling because it has an air of mystique to it.

the majority of it he was criticizing western false fans but they don't want to talk about that part because it hits tonclose to home.

They have gaijin come and go all the time as fill ins for tours and to round out factions, so there's no reason for them to give a shit. It's not that I think Nick isn't talented, it's just that he hasn't spent nearly enough time in Japan for anyone to get invested in him. Why should they?

Americans can't appreciate good wrestling so I have my doubts even if it's a card better than a WK card.

Aldis just can't draw. Fucking Jap fans only see Dragon Lee or whatever he's called now like three times a year, yet they go apeshit over him because he performs well.

Attached: DeC3wAMV4AEQoxB.jpg (600x400, 35K)

Wont even come close

Not without Kenny, Jericho, or Moxley. Americans don't care about that gook shit. Look at all the recent NJPW US tours that were only drawing 500-1000 per show.

no he was talking about snob fans like this: but no one actually read the article.

>that everyone is poorly imitating Japanese wrestling
Ospreay seethin because of this part, trying to make it about fans
Can't wait until ReDRagon and Petite Dunn get asspained and whine about it

WWE is running Wrestlemania in August in New York?

>They’ve just been co-opted to believe ‘oh its Japanese, it must be better. I better agree or everyone else will think I’m stupid or everyone will think I’m not elevated enough as a wrestling fan. I’m not knowledgeable enough.’
where is the lie? puro twitter trannies are insufferable and he's absolutely right.

Yes
>I’ve wrestled in Japan and I love going to Japan but I’ll be honest with you, I don’t love wrestling in Japan because it hurts. It’s really physically taxing and I don’t get the same adrenaline rush from it because the audience don’t react. It’s like I’m killing myself and its *light clapping*. What I mean by this, I understand and respect that they have their own thing and there are some guys who are phenomenal and there are some who are some of the best ever. Legends. But it works for their culture. It works for that audience.

Cringe

kek weak ass bitch

i wasn't aware aldis wrestled in japan

>I don’t love wrestling in Japan because it hurts. It’s really physically taxing and I don’t get the same adrenaline rush from it because the audience don’t react. It’s like I’m killing myself and its *light clapping*
So he's upset he's not getting faggoty full sail cheers in Japan and is claiming it's cause the audience don't react to anything? Aldis looking like a bitter shitter who couldn't get over and blames the fans from this quote

>I hate them because I got mild reaction
kwab

no fucking doubt it sells out.

it was in 2012 noah and he was still magnus

Attached: 1555978454310.png (632x353, 252K)

He could wrestle a better match than Aldis without doing a single flip

>naito winning the title was the loudest pop he ever heard
jesus christ what a huge fucking lie, people falling for this shit now too?

>Bong vs Bong
Who cares

lee vs takahashi was MEGA BASED.

>dimeless looking literally who foreigner got mild reaction
wtf I hate racist japs now

ha he looks thrilled to be there. i forget how many companies tna worked with. anyway, aldis is a great promo but there's a reason he only succeeds in a throw back promotion.

No, he's wrong. Aldis doesn't get cheered because he's a nobody shitter, not because the Japanese are stuck up and refuse to get behind someone unless they're built up for years. That limey freak has let a title that lost any prestige it had over 30 years ago get to his head. He's a decent promo but his in-ring work has all the charisma and excitement of the chicken laced fart I just took. Less even. So of course he doesn't get over in a country that doesn't speak English. It's not even a workrate thing like he's insinuating, because Japan has historically adored guys like Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant, Bruiser Brody, etc. Because those guys had actual characters and personas and were larger than life. Whether you're putting on exciting matches or exuding an exciting presence, the bottom line is, you have to be exciting. People have to want to pay to see you. Who the fuck would pay to see Nick Aldis? Take that toy belt away from him, and what does he have left? Jack shit. He's a walking, talking giant Ambien pill. He's like someone made a CAW and just wanted to start playing the video game so they skipped all the customization, threw a random haircut and pair of trunks on him and left everything else default. But no, it's an entire country that's the problem, not his galactic simp ass.

Hell, Jeff Cobb got big reactions in his first match. It doesn't take paying your dues to get over in Japan, just being impressive or cool.

Exactly. You just have to have something, anything. Aldis has a toy belt. It's like me expecting to be automatically over because I came in wearing a 30 year old cardboard crown from Burger King.

Redragon pretty much seething about NJPW fans for years after based Bushi told them that the Jap crowds treated their matches as bathroom breaks

HAHAHAHAHA
Cry more Magnus. Just accept that Japanese fans don't care about you. Because they can get incredibly loud during big matches like Okada vs Naito

What would Aldis know? He wrestles in front of like 20 people for a youtube show

Gardenia got over with the crowd with only flippy gay shit in a single tour just within 3 dates. Guess some wrestlers can't make enough of a performance to play to the crowd, huh?

Attached: EOw6RmaUcAECcsi.jpg (1364x2048, 425K)

But why didn't Cody get over with the Japanese crowd? He stayed longer than Dulce in NJPW

No, he specifically was whining about how in Japan you have to "kill yourself" just to receive light applause. Basically admitting that he's a shitter that can't hang so he never got over. So when he sees western fans trying to emulate that style, he starts shitting his pants because he knows the more it catches on, the more exposed he's going to be. Then he went on to whine about how there are some marks who have the "gall" to prefer that style over the slow motion, tepid, theatrical, melodramatic Mid-South 1980s """classic""" style that he does. And the thing is, it's not fucking classic, it's an abomination. Buddy Rogers, Lou Thesz, Karl Gotch, etc. all of them would run circles around this shitter. You watched those guys work, and they never moved like they were underwater, and they weren't selling shit like every slam or strike had nearly fucking killed them. They had actual intensity, and they moved and reacted like they were in an actual fight, not a choreographed stage play. For all faggots like Corny whine about "muh moves" "muh no selling" etc, these retards like Aldis that get gassed in sixty seconds moving at a snail's pace look 100 times more hokey and fake.

>But why didn't Cody get over with the Japanese crowd?
He's exactly the same kind of wrestler as Aldis, that's why. He's only over where he is now because of his booking and because he's a decent promo.

>wearing a 30 year old cardboard crown from Burger King
That would get a pop from me seriously, any guy (un)ironically wearing the burger king crown to the ring may actually have a clue.

Straight up, anybody who works for NWA whining about any particular form of wrestling being "fetishized" is a fucking clown, because that's literally all NWA is. Fetishizing some shit everybody else moved on from decades ago.

Cody? (yawn) Yeah, I wonder why...

To be fair those shows were being headlined by some draws vs Taichi with both the major belts being on Naito who wasn't there.

The dome doesn't carry reactions that well, whole crowd was going absolutely fucking mental by all accounts of people there.

Well, it has more prestige than the belt Aldis carries around, that's for sure.

There's plenty of people that give a shit about Okada. Besides that, I dunno.

Seething

even when they came with okada, naito, etc.last year they were playing ROH venues.

Based Gardenia making the fujos' dreams true

Attached: Gardenia Shingo.gif (457x257, 3.23M)

You can be over in antwhere in the world if your good
maybe this guy is not so good
he should stop being like a crying bitch lol

Guys like Tanahashi & Naito get fucking god-tier pops in the US dumb burger

source?

More over than Will himself

>t. never watched a US NJ show before

i havent so do you have a clip of it so i can hear the crowd?

>Not without these 3 guys that weren't there when they sold out Madison Square garden last year

Attached: 1579486580389.jpg (558x564, 47K)

hope those goalposts aren't heavy:

youtube.com/watch?v=DyPip3VcuPQ

youtube.com/watch?v=Y0yc7RI4J2Q

>Either of those
>”””””God””””” tier
PFFFF BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

the garden sold out under the pretence that those guys would be there though

Moxley wasn't even in New Japan then

still better than Roman LOL

obviously not including moxley dumbass

>goalposts

B-but user, I was told that everyone worked this super slow style and it was selling stadiums on weekly basis!

Who cares