The winner of the Tour de France won 1/6th of that

The winner of the Tour de France won 1/6th of that.

In all seriousness, traditional sports are on borrowed time.

Attached: DC3316D6-511D-4462-A158-FDE7C25297E5.jpg (2184x1332, 1.03M)

Federer makes less than that for winning a grand slam. The money in sports is in the sponsors, and no one can sponsor a 16 year old.

I hate that zoomers are so good at video games.
It just reinforces the point that almost everything competitive is a young man's game, even if the only 'sport' related attribute is reflexes.

Think it shows how brainless fortnite is. Literally zero strategy.

Then why aren't you world champion

>Being over 18 and playing Fortnite

>I can win an easy three million but I don't want to because it's a shitty game
Come on, don't lie. I'd zoom it up playing that shit for three mill

i just cant ndersntand how 22yo can win
he is fucking younger than me
how?

How are they on borrowed time? A lot of them have existed for centuries.

Because I'm to intelligent

$3m is probably the cost of a single TdF stage.

>I'm to intelligent
>to

Yes, you look very intelligent

Attached: 1423323001787.jpg (640x480, 101K)

Prize money isnt how pro athletes make their money, its salary and endorsements. Bernal will be making a lot more than 3 mil in no time. Nobody cares about prize money in sports these days because the athletes are already so rich

the entire industry counting everything everywhere is $1 billion

just the nhl makes $4.5 billion. that doesn't count lower leagues, other countries leagues, internationals, outside endorsement deals to players, etc. that's just hockey, our clear #4 team spectator sport, the #1 sport of a smallish country and only relevant in a handful of yuro countries

hell fucking nascar almost makes that a year just off tv rights here. it's got a long way to go

Esport is basically 5 years trends with weak skill transfer between games.
All these kids are basically shooting stars, they get really good at these games because of the high plasticity of their brains.
Then 3 years later the thing is in decline, they are a bit bored by their kiddie game and there are now 10 other younger kids better than them (as they just copy pasted their playstyle and adapted faster to the new meta).

you people are naive about the pro gamer business. most pro teams are barely scraping by the players don't make near as much as you think

There are a few exceptions like smash melee, but even that is finally starting its decline after 15+ years

Esports is for children and pedos

There's a few players that make quite a lot of money but you're right that most of them aren't crazy rich. This Fortnite shit is really an anomoly but who knows what can happen in the future.

that was 0/10 bait brother

Esports is a very risky option because your lifespan there is very short and if you don't make it, you're fucked.

By your early 20s you're already slower in reflexes compared to teens so you're fucked. It's not like traditional sports where the best guys are like 30/40 year old boomers who can fall back on experience.

There is no money in melee, arguably more in CS, Lol and SC (at least in Korea) but it's still only for a few dozen of persons max with a rapid turnover in an activity with millions of players.

Only way to make a buck consistently is becoming an entertainer in parallel on Twitch but you have to be gifted twice (being very good AND being funny/likeable) and being ready to pivot to keep things fresh.

In any case there is no "career" per say in esport unlike traditional sport, past 22 you're 100% done for the highest levels, average pro activity is 2-3 years and that's if you're very adaptable, many players are just "one trick ponies" and since game rules change like every 6 months these days with balance patches well...

yikes

I'm 30 and my reflexes are unironically the fastest they've ever been.

Tour de France is shit and irrelevant though.

wow

>this fucking zoomer already achieved more than I ever will
>probably already had more sex than me, and if not, he soon will

$3m is nothing compared to what footballers make though

$3 Mil is more than what footballers make from winning. Footballers just make more salary, its different in E-sports where people who are actually popular (from streamin/youtube) and are technically athletes that compete, make shit loads of money from sponsors and their team contracts. Even more than most footballers.

i wonder if trump will commute bernie madoff's sentence

Attached: af2.png (680x521, 115K)

CS and Dota still have boomers who've been playing since 1.6/Dota1, though.

oof

There are loads of pro footballers that dont make 3m/y and i doubt any at all in the 16/18 years age group.