If they were in the Prem, with Prem money, what tier would they land in?

If they were in the Prem, with Prem money, what tier would they land in?

Sorry for American shitpost

Attached: Old firm.jpg (615x409, 62K)

They'd have to start at the lowest tier and earn their way up the league by getting promotions.
Theoretically they'd be somewhere between the top of the championship and cusp of top 4 in premiership.

Celtic - top 6 in EPL
Sevco - midtable in championship

Newcastle tier at best. Celtic would do better though

>with Prem money
Upper half of the table. Scotland is small but a lot of people support these two. With Prem money, they could do well. Plus they are clubs with a pedigree.

Maybe I'm ignorant, but I don't think Rangers would be in the Championship. Definitely not mid table there. They sell out Ibrox. I think they'd be mid table in the Prem

Selling out stadiums means jack shit nowadays.
Sunderland, newcastle, villa even leeds had good attendances last couple of seasons but have all been in the championship, only newcastle getting straight out.

Rangers current squad would be bottom half championship at best.
Celtic would do a lot better, but would they attract those great young players they always sign on the cheap without promise of champions league football?

Prem money can mean a lot of different things. I suspect they'd be relegation fodder at best because they don't have much of a following outside Scotland. Of course, some petrocriminal might decide to launder money through one of them so anything could happen.

>don't have much of a following outside Scotland
But most of Scotland supports one of these two. Support wouldn't be a problem. Attracting players wouldn't be a problem if they competed in EPL.

Though it would probably be called BPL then.

Support isn't a guarantee of anything these days. The money in the PL is a big leveller, outside of the biggest clubs or those with additional investment.
Could end up solid clubs like Everton, could be shit tier like Sunderland or Leeds.
Obviously current squads are trash, so it would take time to get there anyway.

It's only called the EPL outside of Britain. Until recently, there'd been Welsh teams in the top flight since 2011.

>Prem Money
>Prem publicity
>Attracting prem level players

All this on top of the already massive worldwide fan bases and they would be near the top 6 in a few years

Celtic would be 5th

Rangers would be 12th tier, sometimes fighting not to be relegated

>don't have much of a following outside Scotland
Imagine being this dense

I don't know if this means the SPL is better but my team Derby should have lost 3 or 4 nil today to Rangers. Does this mean we are actually in for a shocking season (I think so)
That Kamara looked way better than anything we have

Kamara is some player considering we paid 50k for him but your keeper stopped that being a cricket score today.
Also well done on creating a good atmosphere in the stadium today, you're more than welcome back

>If X team had Premier League money, would they be Premier League level?
What a fucking stupid question, if my local saturday league side had Prem money they'd be able to compete.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
OHNONONONONONONONONO

>Celtic would do a lot better, but would they attract those great young players they always sign on the cheap without promise of champions league football?
Instead of 6 CL games they'd now get 38 top league games throughout the season (more chance to prove yourself on the big stage), I think they're covered in that aspect

the reality is that these clubs are poor by premier league standards
assuming they could scrap enough together in their first season to avoid relegation (unlikely), they would be fighting relegation or struggling to finish mid table most seasons

talk of top 6 is complete delusion; the clubs at the top of the premier league have orders of magnitude more money than everyone else

>worldwide
Let’s settle down here, they’re not as famous as Boca Juniors or Parma

Celtic would be anywhere from 7th-15th

Rangers would be in a relegation fight

Celtic are bigger than 95% of English clubs

We have good away fans, shame the club has priced out all the loud home fans with middle class families who don't make a sound.
Our squad is also really fucking bad this season.

so are leeds united

I love how insecure you are that you feel the need to post this for validation. No one says Celtic isn't a big club but it is just in a fucking tinpot league so it's achievments aren't comparable.
An English team winning the league 10 times is the equivalent of 50 scottish premier leagues

Yeah but didn't Leeds just have really bad management with finances or something

With the cash injection, and after a few years establishing themselves, they’d be top half of the PL for sure. Man Utd and Liverpool are the only clubs in England that are inarguably bigger than Celtic and Rangers.

Celtic have a European cup too. And UEFA cup final. So more achievements still than 99% of English clubs.

Rangers would win the league through the power of song desu

>assuming they could scrap enough together in their first season to avoid relegation (unlikely)

is that really true? Celtic have a squad full of experienced international and European competition players.

for example Celtic players have 309 international appearances between them. Sheffield United have 109, Bournemouth 229.

i think they'd be mid table with their curreny squad

>scottish internationalists

ah yes scottish international caps quite the boon

Celtic are far better and even they're basically a Championship squad at this point

>Celtic have a European cup
Nottingham Forest have two and they're certainly not a big club.

Their songs are pish. Celtic has the GOAT football songs

if we're going off their squad alone neither club would even be in the prem at all

>copying Liverpool means we have good songs

Attached: kuiva apu.png (1039x559, 261K)

Because singing gay songs about some bitch called grace is gid

They do like to party all the time, and they have much to celebrate.

Attached: BkoeJ8qIAAEXSfu[1].jpg (576x1024, 76K)

Pointless question really. Any team could compete at the top of the prem if they have the right billionaires in charge, support and history don't mean anything anymore. Without a sugar daddy Rangers and Celtic would be anywhere from just about top half prem to midtable championship depending on how well they are being run at any given time.

>RULPAT
What did they mean by that?

WE LIKE TO SLEEP ALL DAY AND PARTY ALL NIGHT
THIS IS HOW WE LIKE TO LIVE OUR LIFE
I GOT A FEELING EVERYTHING IS GONNA BE ALRIGHT
SO COME ON, COME ON, COME ON

Attached: 146-1464166_post-party-rockers-in-the-house-tonight-pepe.jpg (820x458, 55K)

so are Burnley, what's your point

Rangers would be relegated. Celtic would Be wolves/everton tier.

Pretty stark difference given Rangers had a 4-3 aggregate win over Celtic in the eagle last season

>Celtic would Be wolves/everton tier.
Take a look at their starting lineup and tell me that again

They might have good local support and decent size ground, but without mega rich owners they could be in any position from West Ham to Leeds United or even lower

Celtic is a bigger club than Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham and Manchester City.

>50k and 60k capacities
>decent
That’s bigger than the vast majority of premier league stadiums