Why don't they play Anglo sports like the rest of the Commonwealth?

Why don't they play Anglo sports like the rest of the Commonwealth?

Attached: 1280px-Flag_of_Canada_(Pantone).svg.png (1280x640, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E_6d3JBBo4s
youtube.com/watch?v=MZjWLOCv-Mk
youtube.com/watch?v=XCJ3_HisW_8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because they're desperate to be like us.

/thread

long and cold winters
even today, so much of our soccer is played indoors
maybe we will git gud once global warming raises our temperatures some more

Our British ties are super weak.

Attached: 44b3b51d134a2f9c40ce1dbf90d20435.jpg (850x1076, 133K)

American cultural influence is too strong. Same reason why blacks in the Caribbean stopped giving a shit about cricket and now put all their focus and attention into basketball and track and field.

All of them live right by our border. They're basically us. Only Brotidh thing about Canada is their queen.

YOU JUST KNOW

How fucking Kino would it be if Canada was a proper tier 1 rugby nation

*British

Are there any nations that have more British influence than American? Ireland will be up there, and possible Australia/NZ

South Africa, maybe? Although I've never been there, so I could be wrong.

We do? Sports such as? The only "anglo" sports that come to mind are cricket, soccer, and Rugby. All of them have strong amateur base here.

Had a classmate from Malaysia. Remember them telling me their education is more UK based.

Because
youtube.com/watch?v=E_6d3JBBo4s

Depends what you mean by influence, a lot of nations around the world directly implemented the UK's legal and legislative framework , we have a lot of influence within the Commonwealth too. In Asia and Africa you tend to find people who want to be perceived as middle class, gravitate more towards British culture whereas those who want to be hip and cool go for American.

most countries in Europe, Africa (exclusing Liberia), and Asia (excluding Japan and Korea)

we had better universities and it was easier to go back to uk compared to aus/nz so we didn't end up with as many public school types bringing sports over

between first snow and dry out from melt most fields are only usable 5-7 months a year
you guys don't really like hockey
usually schools only have a football or rugby program

This video never fails to make me laugh. It's almost painfully accurate.

Japan is pretty similar to Britain:
>Island
>Monarchy
>Tea
>Curry
>Drive left side
>Rain

But they love baseball more than soccer

we've had to dumb our educational system down considerably to accommodate illiterate fry cook juan and hotel maid juanita's 8 children

Our northern states do

That's because there's only been one good soccer anime.

To put this in perspective, there are two great rugby animes and like 16 great baseball animes.

The relevant states do like hockey. Look how much relevant states like Mass, Pennsylvania, NY and the Midwest like it. Sunbelt shitholes are not relevant

What rugby animes are there?

We've got a lot of poos so we do have cricket leagues here. My province is supposed to have the second biggest league in North America

Attached: Team_BC_List_FB.png (477x531, 40K)

Canada is like our son that we only ever see at Christmas. We like them, but we've just honestly never been that close.

>canada has cricket poos
>america has beisbol spics

Battle of Britain

All Out!!, which is great.

There's two more rugby animes due out. Try Knights (which is based on a great manga) and number24 which is an original work.

I should note that all rugby mangas seem to begin with someone who is loafing through school getting convinced to play rugby and ending up being pretty good at it.

I meant more in terms of modern day relations. We obviously still have a huge amount of respect for Canada's role in both world wars, but we just don't have the same level of cultural closeness with them as we do we Australians and New Zealanders. They seem much closer with you guys, than they do with us, which is perfectly understandable.

Football is growing insanely fast in Japan though, considering it was an amateur sport in Japan until the 1990's to where the J League is now it's bigger than a lot of leagues in Europe.

youtube.com/watch?v=MZjWLOCv-Mk

Sounds based

This. England is our estranged father that we’re never too happy to see. France is our loving mother.

The Japanese love rules & regimentation that's baseball in a nut shell.

youtube.com/watch?v=XCJ3_HisW_8

and America is our hip cool step-dad

...who touches you in the shower and convinces you that it's perfectly normal.

>France is our loving mother.
Hmmm...I wonder what part of Canada you're from...

Truly a mystery...

New Scotland?

I’m Anglo Ontarian. It’s just pretty clear from the history books that France + Huron are the good guys and England + Iroquois are the bad guys

kek

All Out!! was explicitly meant to be an introduction to rugby and its rules for a Japanese audience, so it emphasizes things a lot. I was somewhat shocked that they took time to glamorize roles like hooker and prop. The explanations are really good and reading All Out!! to practice his Japanese was how my dad finally came to grasp all of the rules of rugby (despite me playing for like 8 years he never really got into it).

The manga run is at like...80 now? They've gone through basically every part of rugby except international friendlies.

Also
>Used to have an empire
>Everyone on the continental mainland hates them

That’s pretty cool. Would be good to go over the rules in more detail.