Cricket 2.7
Rugby League 2.3
Greyhound racing 2
Motorsport 1.5
Tennis 0.9
Golf 0.8
Other sports 3.7

How do we stop this?

Attached: 879A30A9-2E55-4D8D-AB50-92CA354ECD4F.jpg (660x574, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uAY54jvd8Eg
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

A Grand National every fortnight.

Soooo, less than one month in burger land?

who the fuck attends these events when you can watch them in 4k, from different angles with replays?

You cant

Attached: 1525319312248.jpg (960x676, 118K)

>greyhound racing

Wonder how prole FC would do in the PL

Instill in your children that other sports besides povertydive exist. Get them playing rugby, cricket, tennis as much as they play the ball of poverty. Typical recesses over the schoolweek here is football one day, basketball the next, baseball, maybe some volleyball, and even soccer. Ice hockey is a bit tough to pick up and play, however.

I imagine in the UK, it's "how's about a kick lads?" every fuckin' day of the week.

it's called a kickabout, not a kick

No shit you dumb fuck.

>no!! you have to play other sports!!!

Attached: 1563926354731.jpg (2100x1440, 172K)

Wrong. At my school 'games' was
Rugby in autumn/winter term
Football in Spring term
Cricket/athletics and cross country in the Summer

Girls would do hockey and netball

Then PE would be a mix of swimming, basketball, tennis, gym/cardio and five a side

On top of that people would play football and 5 a side in their free time

It annoys me because we are shit at football yet competitive at rugby and cricket yet no one gives a shit about them

Fourth in the world at football.

I went to a posh school which didn’t even play football (we even had teams for meme sports like waterpolo and basketball, but no football) and I only knew a few people who followed club rugby. Most people followed club football though.

Then what is this issue? Why isn't this translating into huge attendance and viewership numbers for your other national sports, like cricket and rugby? Yeah, I get cricket and rugby are more centered around international play, but it's always easier to invest yourself over a shorter international tournament structure out of patriotism than follow a professional league over a few months.

Nah because sports like Rugby and Cricket whilst fun to play are pretty repetitive to watch, I love Rugby but honestly the 6 nations is enough Rugby for me most years, I couldn't watch a whole league season of it. Football is the best because there's so much freedom and space for creativity that just don't exist in most other sports, and as you say you can just have a kick about every day with the lads. You can't really play Rugby with like 3 other people but 2v2 football can be really fun.

People like to play but not to watch really
Here in Brazil many, many people plays volleyball but not many actually watches the sport

Club rugby and cricket are big in some countries though, so they have the potential.

Guess you answered my question here: Don't know much about rugby, but a little about cricket coming from a baseball country, since the meta is similar. And the bat-and-ball sports are very dynamic, it's just more subtle (i.e. baseball/cricket when the pitcher/bowler are playing their tactical battles against the batters), but fascinating nonetheless.

I went to a posh boarding school so don't think its representative of UK schools as a whole

reckon football is my oxygen, I can have a shit hard week or work but knowing there are footie games on tv makes me happy

Football is also so deep rooted within society, there's just no way to pull the love of football out of people, other sports spent a century wanting to exclude everyone but their old school mates from playing. Now Cricket and Rugby have seen how big Football is they want a piece of the pie but they didn't put the work in to capture the nations imagination.

youtube.com/watch?v=uAY54jvd8Eg

I like football and think it’s good we play it because it’s the worlds sport really. Just would be good if the other numbers would rise a bit.

Honestly, the only thing that really bothers me about that list is fucking Horseracing and equestrian at 7.5 million. Fuck that shit.

Gambling mate

based an dog rekking toff '''''sports'''''''

Attached: dogg.jpg (604x406, 85K)

I know, and it's fucking grim.
Grand National too.

>not getting coked up with the boys at the races

shut up you mixed race fat nigger faggot

nigger fuck

>greek
>calling literally anyone mixed race or a nigger

>t. nigger

Same, I'm getting annoyed by the people saying "but they make so much money compared to doctors who save lives" or whatever
What do they think that doctor looks forward to after the day ? A good meal by his wife ? Women can't cook for shit nowadays
That doctor is the same as us, he wants a pizza and a beer to go with his comfy Ligue 1 Uber eats match of the week

Who gives a fuck about attendances? It only affects salaries and owner profits. More people play badminton than tennis in the UK but because a shuttle cock is too fast for TV it has no coverage (and the All England is just as prestigious as Wimbledon)