Bring me your weirdest sports facts

Every medal won by Zimbabwe at the Olympics were earned by white women.

The female field hockey team that won gold in Moscow was fully white and Kirsty Coventry, a swimmer, won 2 golds, 4 silvers and a bronze.

Attached: download.png (318x159, 2K)

new zealand was the only undefeated team in the 2010 fifa world cup

Attached: 1562538161660.png (593x403, 181K)

Was this back when it was Rhodesia?

like 2/3rds of all olympians train in US anyway. so if you think about it our medal count is like 10x what it actually is

No ameribro, Zimbabwe became independent in April, 1980 and they won their first gold medal during the following summer.

Every medal won by Israel at the Olympics were earned by Jews.

Attached: Gal-Fridman-gold-medal.jpg (590x496, 325K)

Yes but what about the athletes?

BAZINGA

topkek

>The female field hockey team that won gold in Moscow was fully white
They were also assembled a month before the olympics and had never seen, never mind played on artificial turf before that tournament.

What are you implying?

The first gold medal won by a khaliji was an Emirati, to this day UAE is the only gulf country to win a gold medal with its local population

What was it in?

Building sandcastles

2004 Olympics, Men's double trap shooting

>trap shooting

Attached: 13854676-7061709-image-a-87_1558606300879.jpg (962x640, 131K)

Stelio Kontos is still undefeated

Attached: 59857C17-2D3A-4525-BF8B-82E48EA5576D.jpg (200x200, 12K)

Coventry was fairly recent, I think in Athens or Beijing IIRC.

>trap shooting
really made me think

Attached: yw4hlST_d.jpg (640x360, 11K)

George Weah is the only head of state to score against Gillingham in the league cup

israel does have a lot of star athletes

George Weah is the president of Liberia yet his son Tim plays for the USA

>UAE
>trap shooting
National sport I guess

Stella Walsh won a 100m Olympics Gold metal. After her death it was discovered she was intersex.

> Arabs are good at trap shooting
Who would've thought

kek

Dundee United hold a record of 4W 0D 0L against Barcelona in European football

Attached: Barca2[1].jpg (634x402, 90K)

There have only been two Major League Baseball games with an official attendance of zero. Once in 2015, when the Baltimore Orioles barred sales of tickets to fans as a safety measure due to ongoing riots protesting police brutality, and again in 2018, when the Oakland Athletics gave away tickets to thousands of fans to celebrate 30 years in the Bay Area. Per MLB rules, attendance is based only on tickets which have been paid for, so despite a sizable crowd in the stands, the record books will indicate nobody showed up to watch Oakland beat the White Sox 10-2.

When Mets manager Bobby valentine was kicked out of a game in 1999 he returned to the dugout wearing a disguise of sunglasses and a fake moustache.

Attached: i.jpg (640x360, 21K)

>field hockey
>swimming
>sports