Jericho appreciation thread

Soon to be 50, this boomer probably just had his last major title reign. He put over a ton of talent and has carried AEW on his back since it's creation. Now there is new talent stepping up and ready for a big push, Jericho has done his job and can take it easy. As his career winds down, let's take a moment to appreciate the Ayatollah of Rock 'n Rolla.

Attached: chris-jericho1-1.jpg (800x500, 56K)

what a legend

I didn’t want him to drop it brehs. When Mox hit the PS on him I felt pretty sad and slumped back in my seat. I feel like Jericho could have held until at least the next All Out but I don’t feel annoyed at him for wanting to stop wrestling for a while, he’s nearly 50.
I WILL REMEMBER YOU JERICHO

>Jericho will retire soon
>no more goofy heel tactics
>no more stupid idiots
>no more over the top funny entrances like having a choir sing his theme or having the inner circle come out in matching outfits
Im gonna miss him bros...

Attached: tenor.gif (220x216, 11K)

List of guys to get over and benefit massively from Jericho in the span of just a few months

>Sammy Guevara
>Darby Allin
>Santana and Ortiz
>Jake Hager
>Jungle Boy
>Jon Moxley

Yeah, I'm thinking hes GOAT

a true GOAT
Took the Spanish god into the stratosphere with him

I was fine with Jericho or Moxley winning and like this Jericho can still play a mentor role to build Sammy up as his apprentice.

he also was the first guy to seriously give Page a spotlight in AEW with their match for the title. He could’ve been a self mark faggot but actually gave him a big rub, the match was very close.

real goat solely for the fact that he always rose like a phoenix no matter how many times he got buried, fucking idiots between wcw and wwe had a show carrier in their hands for 25 years and did jack with him

it's absurd to me how he got Sammy, Santana and Ortiz over, I didn't give them two cents
>Sammy goes from panda jacket wearing faggot weeb to perfect fuckface heel that can get beaten on and on without loosing heat, doesn't even have to cut a promo to get it back, MJF mogged hard
>Santana and Ortiz, just two random guys that showed up, now THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST with great physical and comedic timing and Santana who came out of nowhere as tremendous promo

he put him over hard in the build up when he was booked like shit and was never given time to cut a promo

Even if Jericho wrestles less now that he lost the belt he does a lot of backstage stuff and critiques everything and makes suggestions to Khan. Jericho's definitely helped improve the quality of the promotion massively.

Fuck this just made me sad.

Not only did he put them over, he didn't do it at the expense of himself. A true GOAT.

i’m most impressed with how he pretty much saved Hager. in that one promo he killed the “we the people” shit stone dead in one line. even though Hager is a 6/10 wrestler, Jericho managed to get jack fucking swagger over as a hoss.

How come he couldn't get Scorpio Sky over?

don't worry, i don't think jericho's going anywhere for a while

not much tv time and not many promos but he did get the rub, they were popping for him in the pre-show

God I wish he was just 10 years younger. The difference in the old guard and how they're able to work the crowd compared to newer guys is night and day. It's gonna suck when he's gone .

How many more runs does Jericho have left? Between saving early AEW, making multiple stars and even going to japan to put on boomer kino with tanahashi this has been his best work in years

I get that he's enjoying it, but he really should cut out the Japan stuff. First, we don't want him to get corornavirus. Second, that's a lot of wear and tear just from the travel alone. He needs to get another good 10 years out of his body.

it's what he does best, killing gimmicks and start over with a new fresh one, fuck one of the reasons he didn't go back to the E was because he didn't want to do the list anymore

if I have to speculate I'd say two more: he'll mentor the Circle for a while until they can go by themselves, maybe they'll turn on him and he'll go baby face, final run mirroring his first gimmick as lionheart, much like now he's mirroring his rockstar gimmick from wcw, just old boomer that knows that his time's up but still has a few things left to do

Sammy & PnP have always been great, this is why Jericho picked them

jerichoholic 4 life

Attached: source (1).gif (350x263, 1.72M)

He's still got nearly 2 more years on his AEW deal

Imagine the pop on his final face turn.

They should have some kind of Royal Rumble where he runs in as Lionheart, Monday Night Jericho, Y2J, Codebreaker era, The List, and Painmaker kind of like what Mick Foley did. WWE owns those gimmicks probably so it can be cheap knock offs or parodys

His NJPW matches are mostly just Jericho wanting to have dream matches like his match with Tanahashi. Sorta like Moxley went to NJPW because one of his main goals was a match with Suzuki.

>The difference in the old guard and how they're able to work the crowd compared to newer guys is night and day
this. even in NJPW, King Switch does everything under the sun to get people to spit on him, and KENTA just shows up day 1 and gets ten times the heat. at least Jericho is there to take guys under his wing. Kinda wish he had more young guys like Sammy because he isn’t gonna be able to teach much to guys in their primes like PnP and Hager.

Working is only a lost art for WWE marks. There's plenty of guys who can still do it and they're all gonna have proteges

Wrestlers that if you don't like them, you don't like wrestling:

>Jericho
>Jushin Thunder Liger
>HBK
>Kurt Angle
>Ric Flair
>Stone Cold
>Macho Man
>Mr. Perfect
>Vader
>Rick Rude
>Rob Van Dam
>Okada

Who else?

I think he’ll definitely get a face turn, people just love him far too much. It would be the perfect way to get Sammy over as the next Inner Circle leader too.
>Jericho coming out for one last time with Nowhere To Run for his theme instead of Judas
>puts up an admirable effort against Sammy but gets out-heeled in the end

I think actually that MJF and Sammy "get it." They have some legit potential. Sammy in particular.

Kenta was helped by the irl heat from being from NOAH, Shibata coming back to put him over and ruining Naito's moment

Tanahashi and Shibata moreso than Okada

Would still rather Guevara start up his own stable with TH2

I hope we still get Jerikino for the long haul. Even if he's not at the top of the card he's clearly too valuable to take out of weekly TV

This. I hoped he'd go at least to DON.

Doesn't help that I'm not really that sold on Mox.

I think Sammy especially because he can do flippyshit and still work like a heel in the ring. I think MJF will be a star that will be burned out too fast and too soon. I wasn't impressed with the Cody match or the build up to it. It's easy for anyone to be a heel by demanding 10 lashings on TV and calling people fat on twitter

He does like 2-3 Japan matches a year. He'll be fine

Do I have to like their entire body of work?

Bret
Ishii
Suzuki

Look at it through this lens. Jericho will always be there, but Omega being the ace is the long game. Moxley vs Omega tells a better story than Jericho vs Omega

>the ace to surpass Moxley is a man a few years older than him who is beginning to wind down
this ain’t wwe brutha, Hangman is the next top guy after Mox

agreed. and sammy can do goofy shit but still come across as serious

The reality is, Age isn't as important as you think. Omega hasn't worn out his welcome as a top guy yet.

Kenny vs Hangman vs Mox where Hangman wins would be as kino as Benoit vs Shawn vs HHH. WWE used to do some things right that AEW can learn/steal from

MJF right now is on more of a Miz path than whatever heel he thinks he's imitating. Sammy has the real upside

is it possible jericho can find a way to face MJF? i feel like that would be a classic

Jericho will probably turn face once The Inner Circle has run its course

1 run possibly with the tag titles make Sammy into a main event player

1 run as the contender for the gold

And 1 last face run with the world title

I wonder what they are going to do with the inner circle now that jericho is not champ. It felt as though the whole group's dynamic hinged on Jericho keeping them under his thrall because he was champ.

They're probably gonna face The ELITE in WarGames and disband

Jeribloat

Isn’t big daddy Jericho signed until 2022? He will have one or two more reigns

Cringe, it's all subjective ya mark

Attached: 1583053148957.jpg (638x959, 92K)

Nope absolutely not. Go check omega's twitter and his pinned tweet. Omega Moxley is clearly the long term game , omega is clearly presented as the ace lately the way they put it then page will take it from omega. KO is imply 36 and proved he is their best fucking wrestler and has huge charisma ,people acting like he is 45 need to btfo

Because SCU is a stable of 3 Jannetties. There is nothing unique about them, I guess all 3 of them being shaved bald is kind of noteworthy?

I doubt he's anywhere close to being done. He will go longer than Flair if his body can hold up.

WOAT opinion

Attached: shibataa.jpg (800x1200, 120K)

>make Jericho your undisputed champion
>bury him immediately afterwards
>have him bounce around the midcard for most of the time after in WWE

Vince didn’t deserve Jericho

based

Attached: shibata3.jpg (600x600, 85K)

MAYBE...

hes touring with his band in the summer

he signed for 3 years so he still has almost 2 years to go

>Wrestlemania coming up
>Jericho loses the belt

How long until Edrones 180 on boomer Jericho when he shows up?

>Goldberg is too old and out of shape to be champion
>Jericho is the first and only AEW champion
It's okay when my secret club does it

Attached: chris-jericho-fat.png (800x500, 320K)

>How long until Edrones 180 on boomer Jericho when he shows up?
AEW fans will be considerably worse considering he's one their main attractions and he's has-been midcarder in WWE.
Plus AEW fans take wrestling ALOT more seriously.

He's not playing a single concert on Wednesdays so he can continue to work with AEW

What will he do now?

>wwe out of nowhere

rock n roll brother

>>wwe out of nowhere
Every Cody and Moxley promo and interview in a sentence

>wwe out of nowhere
>replied to cultist who talked about wwe
You probably should've quoted the other user, but he's on your "side"

I knew he was dropping it with the look on his face in the ring when the crowd chanted his song and looking across at Mox. He was taking it all in knowing he's done his job. Imagine being that content in life.

He said on Twitter it's his favorite entrance he ever made in his whole career and I believe him.

How about a Booking Role from now on?
Officially out of the storylines too, this way he can counter any ego of the new guys and give a fair shot as any.

I mean, fucking Road Dogg does booking... Jericho would be a godsend in comparison.
Or is he too pricey for it? I mean, he’s about to retire and he’s gonna need the cash too.

He's working you all into a shoot he's going to come back 40lbs leaner and dominate

for all his faults jericho can at least wrestle for more than 3 minutes