Played baseball for years but never really cared to get into MLB until now. What should I know about the league?

Played baseball for years but never really cared to get into MLB until now. What should I know about the league?

Attached: i.png (500x500, 9K)

It was once America's game because it was easily accessible by the common man because ticket prices were very affordable.

The powers that be think "lack of action" or "time of games" is the reason interest is waning. They're blind to the actual problem. The average Joe cannot afford to spend $400 to take his family of 4 to a single game.

>played baseball for years
from 4-7 years old or what?

Attached: Gene_Wilder_as_Willy_Wonka.jpg (335x297, 15K)

The Doyers are gonna have the best record in beisbol, homefield advantage through out the playoffs and World Series, but they're gonna choke.

To the Twins!

19th century: pure sport
1900s-1970s: amphetamines
1980s: cocaine
1990s: rampant steroid use
2000s: steroids banned
2010s: juiced balls

Juiced balls?

commissioner manfred ordered that the balls be altered to make home runs easier to hit
juiced balls are now used at the top level of the minors and in the majors

where can I get a juiced ball? ebay?

Join the best fans of baseball

Attached: best baseball fan.png (459x650, 832K)

Girls with butts?

"Have sex on her period with a condom, call it red sock."

Lil Wayne, probably

But people pay the same price for hockey/NFL/Basketball/MLS tickets and they are filled.

manfred is slowly ruining the game with juiced balls, changes like banning the shift, and zoomers watching football instead

that said, we odd year now

Attached: 1541112328935.jpg (344x344, 19K)

NFL is a low supply of games. NHL and NBA also have fewer games and play in much smaller arenas.

Yeah, just buy a game used ball from this season

Boomers are very resistant to positive changes (e.g. juiced balls, extended netting). I think the game's popularity only pales in comparison to the NBA, NFL because black culture is more popular now than ever, and, well, we know which sports they prefer.

>pales in comparison to the NBA
it doesn't though stop believing this shit

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- American football, under attack from critics in recent years, has lost some of its popularity but is still the champion of U.S. spectator sports -- picked by 37% of U.S. adults as their favorite sport to watch. The next-most-popular sports are basketball, favored by 11%, and baseball, favored by 9%.
Source: Gallup.

Pace of play is an issue but only because foul balls are fucking boring and good players hit tons of them.

that's such a brainlet surface level way to quantify it. even giving you that I was arguing the pales in comparison part, not which is barely more popular, which 11-9 is not. there's not as much crossover with nba fans(homies don't watch shit besides nba and nfl for example), whereas more people like me still watch mlb just slightly prefer nfl or whatever, but by this poll it's all nfl by my vote, even though I go to games and watch it regularly and it draws my dimes.

Meanwhile Jamal who only watches national games and bandwagons shit, doesn't spend a penny and wouldnt ever watch half the league play picks nba. so by our two votes nba is more popular, even though mlb is getting more attention and money from the two of us

>MLS
Bruh, they practically give those away

Doyers choke lol

What do the other 43% prefer?

Nah that shits getting mad popular. Once they get to 30-32 teams some majors cities will be bummed they didn't get a team.