What role is most important in modern football?

What role is most important in modern football?

Attached: wide-midfielders.jpg (344x215, 11K)

Fullbacks and defensive midfielder(deepest midfielder)

Gk

Whatever Yaya played for City in 13/14.I also like DM's who can shoot the fucking ball.

Came in here to say literally this

GK

VAR

>they fell for the fullbacks meme

>WF

Inside forward mate

podolski role

For me its the False 9 number 10

Advanced midfielder (Trequartista)

At the highest level, RW since there are so few good ones. Most clubs attack 60-70% down the left flank/center.

sushi role

Attached: 6dBt2Oj.jpg (251x242, 15K)

Sweeper keeper

Hate this winger era lads

Miss the number 10 with beautiful touch, the superstar as a 9

box-to-box midfielder

le cut inside right footer

>Trequartista

>that flag
>has probably the best winger in the world
>yikes

Mezzala

this. we press now

the correct answer. Nothing more important in tactics than the guy connecting attack and defense

The enganche

>Regista

Attached: 1481305596636.jpg (469x463, 50K)

Var sinso

based

They’re all equally important. Total football. Cruyff knew this

>Whatever Yaya played for City in 13/14.
Patrician

Kek

the inverted false trequartista tbqh

>Guys, we need good players.. on EVERY position!
200 iq

Big fuck off target man teebyaich

Either Goalkeeper, Sweeper/libero, Centre midfielder or Tap in merchant, depending on the playstyle of your team and the quality of said player on that position.

>le dribbles past a guy or two and passes it to a player waiting or making a run for the box who then proceeds to bottle the shot and fans clap for your effort man

this. spam crossed balls into the box and eventually connect with a human tree. 2ez

It's always the keeper
You can play without a forward or a mid, even a defender but not without gk

the Giroud role

if you don't have a creative midfielder you achieve nothing.

Cruyff wanted to experiment without a goalkeeper and an extra field player when he was manager. He never really did but theoretically he thought it could work

This.
Actually, from my experience, all a team need is 1 great player by sector to be very successful.
>GK
Always underrated, a shitty team with a Great GK will turn into a good team.
>CB
More important than the LB/RB. The CB is the pillar of the team. The CB and the GK control the defense. Communication is the most important skill here.
>Midfield
There is a wide variety of midfielders, the best one are the ones able to defend and attack.
>Offense
Unironically the false 9. The player creating spaces. Unless you master positioning like Cristiano Ronaldo, any forward will struggle with defenses if they don't have a player creating spaces for him.

>GK
Come on, you can have a good gk but if the defense are trunks of wood then you'll still have a bad day. A mediocre team with a great midfield playing counters will win matches, that's why parking the bus is a legit pragmatic tactic, but really boring and reserved for shitty teams that can't do anything better

True, it's all about the axis of the field. If that is occupied by solid players then you can afford some meme wing players and don't care as much when they lose the ball.
I do think that in modern football the wingbacks have become very important in possession play but I can't really name elite players on those positions since they're mostly failed wingers who can't defend properly when necessary. It's a tough position to fill, a player like Milner is good I think, someone who plays in service of the team and who is reliable

Raumdeuter

>the ghost and then just scores

/thread

>the famous german comedy

How would that even work and how is that different from Neuer?

"most important"
The roles that are present in every single formation ever. So CF, GK, DM, CB. Some formations don't even have wingers or fullbacks, same goes for AMFs.
But the most crucial for the TOP teams are always going to be CMFs. You can make an argument for CFs as they are the ones that usually score most of the goals but without someone creating chances for them they will be completely isolated. CMFs also help defensively, and if your midfield is getting exposed you will almost certainly conceded goals no matter how good your defenders and keeper are. Second most important for top teams are fullbacks, literally every single team that has ever won anything of note in the last 10 years had elite fullbacks at the time.

No idea and he's no longer around to explain himself. He was just going a bit too far with his focus on possession tactics and the need for an extra field player that he forgot the basic need for a goalkeeper.
I heard this in an interview some time ago with someone who was his assistent or at least a trainer with him but I can't remember who it was. He said that other people convinced Cruyff that it was too much of a stretch to try

*Wins CL*

This had always been the answer.

Wingers are a fool's answer. The most important position are central, not out wide

Midfield

The money laundering role

Cryuff died? That can't be. I never saw a sticky for him