Imagine running away from the striker as she enters the offensive zone

Imagine running away from the striker as she enters the offensive zone.

Attached: high school tier.jpg (1722x1002, 588K)

>offensive zone

defending is definitely lacking in the women's game, and it really showed during the WC.

the women in general were actually surprisingly good when attacking, crossing, finishing, etc.

but there is so much ballwatching on defense. there was a goal against France where the tall black woman (forget her name), gets caught out of position and just casually jogged back, causing a goal. there was a pass or deflection (can't remember) and it felt like the ball was slowly rolling around the box for a full minute.

there was also that rapinoe set-piece goal that just went through everyone.

women just seem to lack some defensive intensity.

Hardly breaking news that the standard is low compared to the men.
Reminder that FC Dallas under 15 boys beat the senior women's USA team 5-2. And it's not like FC Dallas is the cream of underage talent. I'm sure there are lads on Yea Forums who play for amateur teams who would smash the women's world champions.

So just like van Dijk except Alisson is not there to save her?

Van Dijk is a good shot stopper though

Being able to train full time would do wonders for a lot of womens leagues, but whilst there are players getting £5k a YEAR in the WSL it's never going to happen. Even for the few fulltime players, going up against amateurs in your domestic league means its harder to improve.

has Van dijk ruined defense? everybody trying to mimick him now

Can't get dribbled past if you run away from the ball. Man mountain basics.

Women lack immediate common sense when it comes to football and I don't think it's something that can be trained
when a defender is running at you, getting further away from the ball is always a bad idea

Dilate

Just like they can't defend their vagoonas

Attached: r1zr3jm86ba11.jpg (550x543, 83K)

>the women in general were actually surprisingly good when attacking, crossing, finishing, etc
>defending is definitely lacking in the women's game, and it really showed during the WC.
really made me think

We're putting together a team incase those bitches want to challenge us. Got an Argie user, his mates, and I can play fullback.

>vagoonas
new nickname for Arsenal fans right here

As the attacker approaches more dangerous areas of the field (especially in/around the box), you want to close down the distance by facing the attacker with one leg leading and the other behind (legs at a slight diagonal angle, knees bent to lower center of gravity and quicker reactions), strafing the attacker's movements. Contain and guide the attacker towards non-dangerous areas of the pitch. Stay goalside, between the goal and the ball. Never fucking turn your back like in pic 2. Teammates should cover runs but in OP's pic it doesn't look like anyone else is there, so a double press could have been helpful. Only tackle when:
1. High probability to get reach the ball
Or
2. Desperation/last resort
If the attacker starts to get by you, jostle them up with your body and shoulder-to-shoulder contact to make it difficult to get a clean shot off.

they're women, virgin
they're playing to enjoy
if you want real competition, watch real football

I mean I'd smash some of them...

I wonder if my Sunday league team would beat them.
Don't watch women's sports for the skill. It's why I mostly watch women's tennis, beach volleyball, figure skating.

the Virgil Van Dijk school of defending

They were awful at everything

yes m8, it's trash, everyone knows

That's exactly how Van Dijk plays

>calling penalty box a offensive zone

Like they need to. Most guys are terrible at scoring
>t.terrible at scoring guy

Everything's offensive to women.

We'll eat asado afterwards my men, I can prepare some mean cocktails.

let's just ignore that Rose LaVelle made a beautiful move, stopping her momentum going right and shooting left footed. taking stills like this completely ignores the flow of the game, any armchair analyst can do it. It's like showing a gap in the defense on NFL and saying "the running back probably should've gone through that hole" when it all happens in under 2 seconds.

the 2nd goal scored was a well earned goal, like that by Tobin Heath (that was taken away and credited as an own goal), both players showed control of the ball and nice finishes. Nederland's defense was actually decent compared to most women's teams. USA defense is quite bad, you should analyse those moments and question why the Nederlands failed to score so many times.

if you want to criticize level of play, look at the rapinoe goal from the thai game, and her 5 minute celebration on a goal that put them up 9-0.

>vagoonas
have sex

well womens soccer is basically high school soccer so....

3 defenders watching a goal happen is bad soccer

Ugh, I hate women.

>3 defenders "watching" a goal

2 were guarding the wing defenders from making a run while keeping their eye on the ball, the 3rd, sweeper probably, went after the ball and got tricked by a nice cut

I'm not saying they play on the level of men's soccer, but they definitely play on the level of college men. and they definitely have come a long way from the 1999 world cup

it would be like comparing a collegefootball team to the NFL, obviously the NFL is better, but there is still enjoyment watching college

it's a good thing as a proxy pedo you'll never have to concern yourself with that. as soon as you pursue that 14 year old you're chatting up, chris hansen will be there

>Being able to train full time would do wonders for a lot of womens leagues, but whilst there are players getting £5k a YEAR in the WSL it's never going to happen
I think that's the biggest advantage our women's team has. Thanks to the Olympic Development Program and Title IX college scholarship money our women can train full time from the time they're toddlers until they're in their early 20s.

Can I come? You can manage with ten when I get booked right?

Attached: nigel.gif (400x225, 3.93M)

nah, judging by this board full of incels it is the opposite. i'd say their defense is a perfect catenaccio lol

>when a defender is running at you, getting further away from the ball is always a bad idea
Nothing wrong with that, lad

Attached: Optimized-Screenshot-2019-05-30-at-21.01.26-1000x600.jpg (1000x600, 58K)

My god, look at those broad shoulders. Who is this menacing mountain of a man?

Attached: 1525209846058.png (1916x1524, 134K)

defensive mistakes never happen in the men's game

>Women lack immediate common sense[.]
fify