F

F

Attached: Toronto-Raptors-logo-2015-current.jpg (3840x2160, 606K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HtrRSsLrtPw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Now that they've won their one title they should be immediately relocated to Seattle

W

they'll be fine

S

Siakam will be a better player than Kawhi

>tfw sonics

Attached: wojak.jpg (1600x900, 77K)

why even live anymore bros? honestly tell me one good reason and i won't do it.

why did kawhi leave? WHY?

Attached: gh7xey796h321.jpg (1126x1216, 106K)

delete this thread NOW

Attached: 3vKMgjQ.png (364x486, 271K)

He did say he wanted to live in LA, right

Raptor fanbase is the amusing

So many seething at Kawhi, because he didn't reciprocate muh love

Kidnapped the man on his way to LA and put him in the basement for a year. Convince themselves that Stockholm syndrome has occurred, only to find out he was carving a tunnel out like Shawshank.

Kawhi is based and redpilled

youtube.com/watch?v=HtrRSsLrtPw

Attached: eddie murphy.jpg (700x700, 68K)

NOOOOOOO STFU

Attached: 2019-06-10 16_46_13-aubrey - Paint.png (706x857, 746K)

>tfw Lowry and Gasol are gonna be traded

Attached: 1671094abb5fc7703470fa508113111a.jpg (633x758, 297K)

I agree, Rapties' fans did it to themselves and set themselves up for disappointment.

Still /champs/

Everyone in the world knew Kawhi was just going there for a year and he won them a fucking nba championship during that year and canadians are seething and hate him I don't get it

Rapties fans won't admit it, but Jerry West schooled Masai.

Why would raptors fans feel bad, kawhi gave you a fucken CHAMPIONSHIP!
It was known he wasn't gonna last at Toronto at all, so why some of their fans are upset is beyond me tbqh

>Moronto sports fans

are we really surprised though?

>people are going to remember the entire team being injured

lol no, they will remember the champions

Raptors fanbase truly is the worst.

Why people saying Raptors unlikely to repeat just because Kawhi's gone? Raptors almost made the ECF twice without him and would have had it not been for LeBron, and most of their core is still there. Why people saying if they make the playoffs, most likely they get bounced in thr first round, when with their roster the ECF at least still seem possible?

they had derozan back then maybe siakam can carry them but most people doubt it

Lowry is still there though

They just resigned Patrick Mccaw. Raptors confirmed for back to back and Mccaw confirmed for 4peat.

It just doesn't feel right for him to leave after just one season, especially after giving them the 'ship. Had they lost in the Finals, him leaving would actually be more acceptable. It would be like if LeBron went to the Cavs, then won a 'ship, then immediately fucking off to LA instead of staying longer.

Why are people saying they'll trade away their core?

i am a lowry fan but he isnt even a top 10 point guard all around, probably top 10 defensive pg but when you are gonna be outmatched by at least 1/3 of opponents you are going to have a hard time carrying a team

Wait: the Raptors are seriously considering trading away Lowry and others? Do they really want to be known as "that NBA champion that missed the playoffs the following season"?

thats how its done man if you dont have the goods to win it all, you blow it up and start over, mediocrity in the nba is worse than being shit, the fans at least understand you are rebuilding because you are not satisfied without a shot to win

imagine paying canadian taxes when you make 40m/y

We won a chip, fucker. Unless we get booty blasted next season and don't make playoffs, which is unlikely based on how shitty the east looks right now, there's no reason to be upset.

2021 is when Raptors will have a bunch of cash to make signings

>gets it
and honestly even if you do miss the playoffs which wont happen even without lowry or gasol, who gives a fuck? you won a championship, you havent won a stanley cup since 92 or 67 depending on if youre torontonian or canadian and the cup may never return to canada. so just enjoy it

>we get booty blasted next season and don't make playoffs, which is unlikely based on how shitty the east looks right now
But what if it does happen?

And yet other teams get shat on for failing to defend, like LeBron's Heat or the Warriors in 2016.

kawahi was a mercenary for one year, he did not choose toronto, he was traded there because the spurs were done with him
if you return a team of committed and motivated players then there is expectation of repeating, no one expects anything from the raptors now, they are off the hook

So people are fine with the Raptors *not* repeating? Never heard fans of any other championship winning team feel like that, for other teams failing to even try to repeat is seen as a disappointment.

im sure they are butthurt, if for no other reason than he waited until all the stars were signed before making his decision leaving toronto in a shit spot to “try to repeat”

Raptors couldn't sign anyone even with Green and Kawhi off the books. Still over salary cap.

So they screwed?

well there you go, it was already in the cards that they would be a one-hit wonder
i wouldnt mind the blazers being a one-hit wonder, i guess they already are but i want one in my lifetime

I wake up with the erection of a champion every afternoon

Last saw kawhi in a raps jersey with 2 mins to go on my shitty barely functional stream
I’ll miss him bros

>it was already in the cards that they would be a one-hit wonder
And people are fine with thay?

Fuck ya World Champs BABAYYY

i just said i would take it as a blazer fan, seems like the raptor fans are ok with their championship

S

They don't wanna repeat? What is wrong with them? Even the Cavs wanted to repeat after 2016, they just couldn't.

Not worth gutting the team for one season when you are getting Giannis

It would only have been possible if Kawhi stayed for another year. Right now the Raptors will probably still be a playoff team and if we get to the playoffs who knows what can happen with the current state of the East.

Its basically written in the stars right now because there's no salary room to make a big play for this season. Next season is when there will be room in the salary cap to make some moves

Would Kawhi have stayed if they *didn't* win?

he was California dreamin'

>why did the player who made no secret he wanted to play in LA last year leave the second he became a FA?

he was always a rental, only the really dumb were surprised, enjoy the fact you get a banner and the little gold tab on the jerseys and make fun of the 12 teams that don't

I miss Kawhi

>It would be like if LeBron went to the Cavs
Not at all. It would be like if LeBron got traded to the Cavs when he didn't even want to go there in the first place then left after the year is over.

Everybody wants to win the championship. Most just can't. Think for a second.

Enjoy your asterisked title cuckandia..now Kawaii is home where he belongs and he’ll finally bring us alpha la bros the chip :)

Being the only Canadian team in the NBA, I just don't like the idea of players not liking Toronto or not wanting to be in Toronto.

I don't really care "that" Kawhi left. Everyone kinda knew he was going to, and I'm glad we got the championship during that one year he was here. I just don't like the idea of players not wanting to play here. It hurts on a pride level because I actually think Toronto is a great city, and that Canada is a dope country. So it's more of a blow to the place that I live in than anything else.

I'm not sure what propaganda they feed the players but they make it seem like playing in Toronto is suicide when it's one of the best teams in the NBA to play for.

Canada is too white
Utah, Portland, OKC, Indiana, Minnesota, Sacramento also are like this and it hurts with free agents

It's not LA.

Pretty much yup. A black dude who grew up in California or Texas or something usually doesn't want to fuck with anywhere in the north or midwest. It's a pretty common story.

I'd post >F but that implies the Raptors were ever alive to begin with

The NBA has 6-8 teams that matter and the Raptors will never be allowed to be one of them
It just so happens a literal act of god gifted them a fluky title this year
Not to denigrate the north here, I'm happy for you guys, truly the good guys of basketball, but expecting anything more was always lying to yourselves
Un-sexy markets don't get to matter in the modern NBA

The Raptors without Kawhi is still a better team than the Jew York Knicks and the KD-less Nest.

They also have more postseason experience than the Kemba Celtics, who will most likely implode once again because of Kemba's inexperience and Gordon hogging minutes and touches.

How likely is it that they miss the playoffs?

0% chance of missing the playoffs. Siakam will be their first-option going forward, and most likely will be an all-star. Out of all the east teams that didn't make the playoffs last year, only the Heat made a big signing and might try to make more moves soon. At any rate, the Pistons and Magic are at the most risk to lose their spots in the standings.

Attached: 9C6C83A2-7AAB-438D-AE31-723BD0D203CD.jpg (788x960, 135K)