I've never in my life watched a non-euro/wc tournament so I have no idea about the state of spicball...

I've never in my life watched a non-euro/wc tournament so I have no idea about the state of spicball, aside for Brazil/Argentina.
Can someone redpill me on Peru reaching the finals? I always thought they are utter shit, especially compared to teams like Arg/Brazil/Colombia and maybe Chile. Is this some amazing feat, and a huge fluke equal to greece/Denmark winning the euro, or am I wrong and they are a decent team?

Attached: copaamerica2019.jpg (968x645, 42K)

Peru would beat any wcless european team specially >bulgaria.

they won one match (of 5) to reach the finals. they are a good team for SA standards though

A fluke would be Bolivia, Ecuador or Venezuela winning.

So, it's not that much of a surprise then?

Isnt Ecuador decent?

They did kinda like portugal, parking the bus and winning on penalties/extra time.

Is this the first time they are reaching this far?

Did they beat Danemark?

no they reached a final 40 yrs ago i think.

>it's not that much of a surprise then?
I don't know, but you shouldn't conclude that perĂº is part of the best 3 on SA atm because of this, their last results haven't been good

>wcless

>Did they beat Danemark?

lol

PIRU is dogshit tier, they never achieve anything and are just a general disgrace to our continent, they literally hate our guts because of some war hundreds of years ago

The entire continent hate your guts because you were literally vessels to the european colonists and secretly helped them while preaching independence. Chileans are the reason why the Falk Islands belong to the UK.

Peru is a good team but they are inconsistent as hell. When they show up they can play to most teams levels with their tactics but they don't have any world class players to carry them.

They won 2 copas a long time ago
Ecuador is decent only at home were they have altitude
Peru comes and goes, is Chile tier
This is the SA power ranking
1.Brasil
2.Uruguay/Argentina
3.Colombia
POWERGAP
4.Peru/Chile/Paraguay
POWERGAP
5.Venezuela/Ecuador
POWERGAP
6.Bolivia
5.Venezuela

Why is Argentina in the same tier as Uruguay?

Attached: GettyImages-97794577.jpg (960x613, 93K)

They have a very close level.

Yeah but they always choke.

How? Uruguay had 4 stars

Nah, you make sus rich now. Also our dogshit team chucked yours twice now. Thank you our best costumer.

Attached: IMG_20190704_124937.jpg (1080x1493, 289K)

>bulgayria

seethin' macaque

el chileANO

Quick reminder that Bolivia is even worse than Venezuela and is only not relegated to conCACAf thanks to playing in the everest at home.

Conmebol is literally just 10 countries, 8 of which are bad, Peru getting second place is no more surprising than a d10 dice rolling 9.

I never liked how tiny Conmebol is in all honesty

>Chileans are the reason why the Falk Islands belong to the UK
argentina threatened to invade some islands in chile a few years ago from that incident, that's why the government (dictatorship) was with the brits. I don't know why they care so much though, they were a few chileans who really supported/care about the war, and argies only care because their government brainwashes them with "argentinean pride" when they talk about the islands

Brazil is in decadence and a shadow of what it used to be but still the best NT in South America.
Uruguay is in renovation.
Worst Argentinian NT in history.
Chile had a good few years between 2010 and 2016 and has been overperforming since then under Argentinian coaches and a few good players but they need a new project.
Colombia had a good few years too under Pekerman and now needs a renovation.
This is the last time you're probably going to see Peru reaching a final in your lifetime.
Ecuador is not what it used to be a few years ago.
Paraguay is just there, doesn't really do much of anything.
Bolivia and Venezuela are slowly improving but still very very far away from qualifying to a World Cup.

In a few words, South American football is at its lowest point in a really long time and slowly dying.

What do you think of US and the Mexico NTs?

bruh colombia has won 1 copa america and has played 6 world cups, one more than peru, less than chile (9) and paraguay (8)

Isnt the argie team stacked as fuck right now?

Stacked yes... A team, not