How do they do it, bros? How do they keep fighting...

How do they do it, bros? How do they keep fighting? They’ve suffered humiliation tournament after tournament for decades now, yet they still believe that the next time will be the one when it comes home. Is it hope or delusion?

Attached: 86969BEF-ECCA-419E-9DA5-EFAFA03A3680.jpg (500x500, 252K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VSqxup_dqCI
theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/jul/24/1966-world-cup-final-conspiracy-refereeing-50-years
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I think it's a combination of hope and delusion. They keep the faith though, bless them.

This is the most accurate answer, mate.

IT'S FUCKING COMING HOME

Attached: 1533174717816.png (300x469, 155K)

Self-deprecating humour. We pretend this year is our year even though we know not, because as soon as you go 'we're shit and we're not gonna win anything' you don't enjoy it even when you do win.

All hopeful englishmen are Scots falseflaggers hyping up the team so that when it fails speed bullies us

Personally I'm quite jealous if the set-up you guys have, where you dominate a bunch of meme sports that only you play, and then call yourself a dominant sporting nation.
I think any other country would be too embarassed to do that, but it doesn't stop you lot.

It's the hope that kills you. Plus I think people here kind of resent/hate success in a weird way.

Lads...

Attached: smugstgeorge.png (509x450, 42K)

UK has so many other sports we have to be try to pretend to be good at.

so fucking butthurt. dominated by colonies at games y'all made up.

Attached: 1435595935348.jpg (531x471, 72K)

The Perfidious Albion

Basketball is huge in many countries and America dominates.
In baseball whenever Japs play in the MLB they’re unstoppable for a few days then they get exposed and fade away.

>when England lose any game of football it's humiliation
you're ABE is showing
the only real humiliations we've had were
>1994
>2008
>2010
>2016
Italy, Holland, France, Argentina, Spain have had as many or more.

USA doesn't dominate hockey

Forgot
>1776

IT'S

>this absolute banter rocket

COMING

hanging on in quiet desperation is the english way

Attached: 559939783.jpg (300x225, 15K)

France's qatar best friend, only reason they got to host the WC, they will rig it for us

LMAO! How do Americans keep coming up with such new and hilarious jokes! XD

HOME

Attached: 1561584920383.png (424x984, 206K)

based

Attached: 1530493917157.jpg (756x600, 371K)

t. zoomer

>tfw my countrymen and I made Yea Forums seeth for the entire world cup
>tfw when we do it all again next year

Attached: 1531082619421.png (670x499, 485K)

And 1812. We always win

Oh this will rile up the leafs

>start 2 wars with Germany
>make America pay for 2 wars against Germany

Attached: Devilish_4a1cb5_6238404.jpg (470x595, 81K)

The ROOF the ROOF

Attached: 1425930423004.jpg (800x448, 79K)

you didn't win 1812

You paid for WW1 and ww2 mate

We won every war in history

Holy fucking based!

Attached: 1464377346927.jpg (568x960, 111K)

How is it then that Cuba absolutely dominates baseball world championships?
And the US is barely better than Venezuela?

You lost the war against obesity though.

You lost the war on being white. Enjoy islam

I cant view your picture because my phone has parental access enabled tell me what it says sweetie

It says ITS COMING HOMES 2022

Anglos, holy shit I swear...
Name 5 humiliations at World Cups we had. Take any time lapse you want....
The only ones I remember are 2002, 2010 and 1982.

Despite being 56% of t-

After Trump we will be 100%

based

2018?

You do realise the guy you're replying to was including all tournaments, not just WCs, right?

>invent trophy
>win it every year
>someone else wins
>cancel it
What's their fucking problem?

Attached: 1562309165143.png (294x408, 44K)

>lose war of 1776
>lose war of 1812
>bailed out of German occupation by US in WW1
>bailed out of German occupation by US in WW2
>Muslim majority

Must suck to be England

As soon as he builds that wall lmao

We lost by a single goal to the Champ. How is that "humiliating"???
So? what are we counting here? friendlies, so yeah...we surely sent some B team and they lost against some nigger nation or Caribbean island somewhere.
Is that it? so we lost a friendly to a shitty team sometime, and then we win the WC.
That's exactly what the 1986 NT was about, no one gave them a chance.
youtube.com/watch?v=VSqxup_dqCI

Attached: JUST!.jpg (651x367, 55K)

unless you're up against Viet rice farmers or Best Korea

>lose war of 1812
Y-yeah... lost it... ha-ha... totally not the opposite haha....

Attached: And the White House BURNED BURNED BURNED.jpg (1000x679, 237K)

>We lost by a single goal to the Champ

Attached: 1556044989493.png (716x724, 315K)

>yfw America got raped so hard in 1812 there is a British soldier ghost that haunts the White House
B A S E D.

you also chimped in 2006 after getting knocked out perfectly fairly

>We lost by a single goal to the Champ. How is that "humiliating"???
you smashed by croatia and barely scraped by iceland and nigeria

YANKS GO HOME!

Attached: Commemorating the 200th anniversary of burning the White House.jpg (609x745, 133K)

>burn a building and run away
WE WON!

Attached: remove burger.jpg (638x367, 53K)

Why? Because it's all just a laugh mate.

Recent press hysteria about that American lass *sipping tea* aside, you just don't get banter.

You are the most overworked, tense, fragile people in the first world; robbed of real community and friendship by the commodified place you live in, to the point you create a fantasy where you're the rich guy and it's your turn to set the rules.

The way we live, the mild disappointment tinged by banter, pints and mateship, is completely fucking alien to you. You've been robbed of the basic human experience.

Attached: 6mG34Xr.jpg (3000x2000, 3.81M)

Bet you'd struggle to run lmao.

Attached: england and america.jpg (635x726, 54K)

Idiot we liberated Canada from your rule and made them independence

Attached: savages.jpg (562x397, 88K)

>the amount of times Americas capital was burned by Britain- 1
>the amount of times Britain's capital was burned by America -0
Clear winner in my eyes

>You are the most overworked, tense, fragile people in the first world; robbed of real community and friendship by the commodified place you live in, to the point you create a fantasy where you're the rich guy and it's your turn to set the rules.
sounds like my life tubby onanist

We don't send mlb players in those competitions

Get yourself up Norf lad, it's just a laugh

why are you in tunisia bruv?

may do that. maybe manchester

Manny is alright, ish, probably the most "southern" Norf city, culturally. i.e. expensive bars, spread out nightlife requiring an "Uber", cocaine Charlie's looking for a fight and such.

Leeds, Liverpool, Newcastle, Hull, Sheffield are proper Norf places, good lads and good nights.

Because we have actually won the mens world cup before. Once you win it once you can win it again. I'm not sure why you faggot Americans think that throwing millions at bringing over retired English legends is going to train your own players to win you a trophy. You remind me of the Chinese, all money and no heart. Pussy.

WTF? again, How did France humiliated us by socring a single goal more?
We had a shitty team that barely made it to the WC to begin with.

1966? Reffball at its finest, the German reff didn't even speak spanish but he somehow "knew" that Rattin was insulting him and quote "gave him a bad look".
Also Uruguay was reffballed by the British reff at its game with Germany.
theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/jul/24/1966-world-cup-final-conspiracy-refereeing-50-years

>1986
wtf?
>2006
Literally made up lie, we protested the kick at our keeper by Klose.

Attached: 5_ramsey.jpg (1111x814, 222K)

huh? that is completely wrong user

>Canadian education

English culture is very bipolar, they love being miserable almost as much as they love being hyped and excited

Painfully accurate

Nobody else in the world appreciates absolute shite like the brits do. We revel in shite.

i genuinely can't think of seeing a single post on Yea Forums in the past month, or a single statement made by anyone in the British media, where England winning the womens' World Cup was considered a real possibility.

the USWNT are the Brazil of womens' football. everyone expected you to win. no one in England ever claimed otherwise.

SEETHING

>using br as an example of greatness in this day and age

UK granted us our independence, you guys had nothing to do with it.

Baseball and Basketball are international sports. As are all the olympic events USA dominates.

Meme competitions. USA does not send any of their best players, particularly pitchers because the risk of injury is too high. Club baseball is more prestigious than international. Players make millions and they are too valuable to teams to risk injury. Moves of soccer are natural for the body. Pitching is not really. And there is a lot of sprinting and diving in baseball which is hard.

By the way, World Baseball Classic is the best international for baseball. USA does send MLB players here. But not the best MLB players none of best pitchers. But USA won that last time anyway.

USA is definitely the best nation for baseball, only a fool would argue against it. Probably top five are USA Dominica Venezuela Japan Cuba

>1982
speaking of humiliations hows the belgrano doing

Attached: steve o.jpg (453x500, 33K)

any day now right lads h-ha ha

We'll do it when you Brexit

Attached: 1530574254108.png (1239x275, 38K)

For Northern Ireland

>invent a bunch of sports
>be shit at them anyway

We did what you couldn't

Genuinely, how was 2014 not humiliating?

American athletes are famous worldwide.

Only famous Englishmen was David Beckham.

the amount of replies this post has is a good indicator of the fragile american ego

because Lamps goal was a goal and the game would have been completely different had it gone in

Whats so special about that year?

it wasn't good, but it wasn't humiliating. lost by the odd goal against two decent footballing nations. thems the breaks.
2010 was much worse. drawing against two mickey mouse shitters and winding up in the worng part of the draw

>wtf?
you cheated. you humiliated yourselves and disgraced the sport. if an english team won a world cup in that fashion i'd feel nothing but deep shame

Animals.

Attached: Alf_Ramsey_(1969).jpg (220x271, 11K)

How do they do it, bros? How do they keep fighting? They’ve suffered humiliation battle after battle for decades now, yet they still believe that the next time will be the one when they defeat Hannibal. Is it hope or delusion?

Attached: 1466719155054.jpg (499x600, 67K)

Fuck he’s right I have to work today and I worked yesterday

The latter.

>they still believe
It's not so much belief as just shitposting on a national scale. I'm not saying we all think the team is shit and has no chance, because the hype every tournament that it might be this time is genuine (for example I think the general view before the SF against Croatia was that we were slight favourites), but it's the same kind of hype for when 4channel says Porto will definitely win the CL because some user got quints or somesuch. It's mostly ironic but not entirely ironic because on paper the team is usually at least decent. The fact that it isn't outrageous, obvious bait every time (like if Norway said they would definitely win the WC or something) is part of the charm of it.
Anyway, semi finals isn't humiliation no matter how you slice it for a team with our record.

Attached: COMING HOME.jpg (627x418, 164K)