What's the appeal of Cricket?

What's the appeal of Cricket?

Attached: 1562401592154.jpg (250x250, 8K)

cricket

HOWZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

A chance for the colonials to bet England at it's own game.

This is the second time you have stolen a thread of mine. What's your problem you fucking chilean ape nigger

crack hit of cricket

goes hand in hand with summer lifestyle. nothing better than lying in the pool getting pissed while watching a test match

Perfect way to spend a summer afternoon

Attached: jj.png (872x522, 535K)

reminds you of getting nonce'd in a public school. halcyon days

aesthetic as fuck. Good anglo banter and also funny as fuck 3rd worlders who provide unlimited laughs

Attached: cric.webm (1280x720, 1.17M)

this is the thread

Attached: Indians.png (579x194, 17K)

have sex

based

low iq sport for low iq fans

Anderson is such a kino bowler

Attached: andersonSwing.webm (854x480, 1.26M)

*be's the most aesthetic sport on earth*

Attached: behrendorff opening the bowling HAHAHAHAHA we're fucked.webm (1920x1080, 2.69M)

*be's the elite sport*

Play it and you'll see. Imagine baseball, but you have nfi where the balls going to go right before you try and hit it because it's going to bounce and change direction a bit

look at all the countires that play it, its a literal slave sport

Keeps Indians off the shit filled streets

it's a game for gentlemen chads

Attached: cricket.png (1420x794, 1.29M)

There's nothing comfier than a test match.

BASED fucking france

FUCK that semen slurping sport I HATE it

I've been watching this world cup and I've enjoyed it. It's very chill. Also the /cric/ threads are pretty based too.

Explain why they use 'girl bats' wide as fucking tree trunks. Seems like the most skilless game.

because a delivery in cricket has way more variation that you have to try read to actually play shots. and its not a 1 hit and you're gone type situation like baseball. the entire point of cricket is to have proper balance between batsmen and bowler. pretty obvious if you watch even 5 minutes of cricket

Attached: kanedrive.webm (640x360, 327K)

>girl bats
The fuck?

It looks gay as fuck with that wide ass bat and underhand swings.

Like something you would do in PE to make sure noone feels inferior.

>I don't like how the equipments look so it's a skill-less sport
Thank God it's a 160+ IQ sport and we don't have to deal with such mongs

You know you're facing a rock hard ball travelling at 150kph and that you're legally allowed to bowl to harm the batsmen, right?

Attached: chanderpaul retired dead.webm (540x360, 2.66M)

>why is a soccer ball so big? its so easy to kick and defend against. seems like the most skilless game.

Attached: wogs.jpg (213x237, 9K)

>Like something you would do in PE to make sure noone feels inferior.
You absolute brainlet

We play a variation of baseball or whatever (but easier) at schoolyards here. The thinner cylinder shape bat is standard and takes you the furthest. To make girls participate there is also this wide ass bat similar to the cricket one, so they can atleast hit the ball with an underhand swing, though you cant get very far.

Thats why i suspect cricket might be gay

>Australians joking about players retiring dead

I think you might be an actual retard mate.

too soon, mate. have some respect.

So you judge a sport based on the equipment and not how it's played.
HOWLING

lets see you face a delivery from a bowler like this and see how you got with a little cylindrical bat cunt

Attached: 1561132027394.jpg (782x726, 58K)

Its the combination of the weak underhand swings, wide 'girl bats', low power hits (slow and low ball travel).

Perfect for PE i'm sure, to make sure kids don't get hurt. But seeing grown ass men doing this is just wrong

You're conveniently ignoring that the games are fundamentally different and the objective in cricket is not one lucky hit but batting for an entire day trying to accumulate as many runs as possible.
Not to mention cricket is played with a rock hard ball that travels at 150kph with bowlers trying to pitch the ball into your fucking head.

Attached: lyonwallop.webm (714x401, 2.13M)

>doesn't watch the sport
>makes conclusions based off the bat's width
Might agree with

What's this so called "variation of baseball" you guys play?

The fuckin banter maaaaaaate

it just had better not cross the line mate

Attached: 1559489123551.png (1280x718, 1.09M)

the chad slinger vs the swedish cvck

Pesäpallo
they hit a ball thats literally just thrown in the air and this dumbcunt swede thinks that somehow takes more technique than facing 150kph in swining yorkers

there is none. its the woat sport

Carefel, might break a little sweat if you throw the ball for too many hours ;)

I don't know, the whole game is so low effort/low energy - doesn't really seem appealing (atleast as an adult activity).

I'll just drop the little inconvenient fact that India actually crushes on the top level in this "sport" (sorry Indians, but athletisism/physical performance isn't exactly your strength).

>thinks india is good at cricket
right, so you've never watched cricket and dont know anything about the sport. thanks for clearing that up
dumbcunt

t. low IQ moron

Attached: tfw.png (642x134, 12K)

I mean >we literally beat India the other week and thrashed them 4-1 last summer when they played us. Also, when you've got 1.3 Billion people who love it like people in Europe like football, it's not exactly surprising that a few of them are going to be good

*steals your thread*

Attached: 1561511286449.jpg (761x452, 83K)

Literally only people who don't know anything about cricket think India is good. We also thrashed them in India recently in an ODI series despite none of our best players being in the team.

A simple Google search will tell you Australia is the greatest cricketing nation in the world.

You're playing rounders, not baseball

>so low effort/low energy
fast bowlers honestly have one of the highest workloads of all professional sports. Forced to constantly sprint as fast as they can over up to 3/5 days all at once

It's not a fairy sport like baseball where you can;t hit the batter. It'a a tactic to hit someone in cricket

>Pesäpallo
They wear shorts kek. What a bunch of poofters.

Cricket is odd. You see the scoreboard and doesn't know who is winning.

I can call my opponent a cunt and it's allowed. In fact it's encouraged

It's because 1 team sets a score that the other has to chase. Basically the only sport in the world that works this way.
If you watch a bit of cricket it becomes easy to tell which team is "winning" (or rather, in a better position).

Why didn't they make it like basbeall where both teams play offense and defense in each inning

>and doesn't know who is winning
And that's a good thing.

Because batsmen bat until they're out unlike baseball where they meme swing and their at bat isn't even that important.
Also cricket predates baseball by like 200 years

>It's not a fairy sport like baseball where you can;t hit the batter. It'a a tactic to hit someone in cricket
But baseball batters don't wear 10 pounds of padding and facemasks. You're also allowed to hit players in baseball all you want, but the penalty (and there should be a penalty for being an inaccurate retard) is your opponent gets a free base. It's perfectly legal all the same.

>Because batsmen bat until they're out unlike baseball where they meme swing and their at bat isn't even that important.
Bruce talking about things he doesn't understand. Quit watching baseball highlights of homeruns. A "pull shot" as you would call it is "played" in certain situations and to certain pitches. You're not going to "meme" swing at a slider that was located low and away (or low off-stump to you) in the zone on a 2-0 count with no outs and a man in scoring position. "Meme swings" are unloaded when a pitcher makes a big mistake and leaves something hanging in a player's sweet spot.

> their at bat isn't even that important.
Yes, the .950 OPS player who comes up in a high leverage late inning situation with two men on in a tie game doesn't have an "important at bat" when the batter behind him is middling hitter. The best hitters in baseball create about a run per game for their team. The average runs an MLB team scores is about 4.5 to 4.8, so a team's top hitter is 20 percent of their offense. Kohli for India averages 60 runs in ODI. I'll take a guess and say India averages about 200-250 runs in ODI, so Kohli, India's top bat, is 25ish percent of their offense, similar to baseball.

the clear distinction in cricket is that batsmen play the long game and the crux of the sport is about constructing an innings over a long period of time, not one good hit like in baseball. Comparing cricket and baseball is just pointless and totally fallacious anyway because the sports are nothing alike. this swede is just a dumbcunt.

>the crux of the sport is about constructing an innings over a long period of time, not one good hit like in baseball.
I understand that, but I would say the relative difficulty factors in producing net positive results in both sports are the same, as getting one good hit in baseball is just as difficult as building a good score in cricket due to the former being a more defensive sport (i.e. can't hit 360 degrees, have to run after fair contact, home run boundary is further than the 6 boundary, etc).

Anyhow, my response was to the "meme swing" idea. I see so many dumbshit Indians say, "All they play is pull shots." Not true at all. There's defensive "strokes," if you will, that are employed to keep fouling pitches off, which increases the likelihood of inducing a pitching mistake. There's "cut style" shots that slice the ball the opposite way, there's "loft shots," that can bloop a hit in, etc.

But yeah, anyone who would try to compare the sports is misguided. Very different, even if superficially similar.

*be's the best sport of all sport's*

because no one is winning

>appeal of Cricket?
I don't like cricket

t. imminent unelected eton cunt ''''''PM''''''''

excuse for the colonial lads to get together and have a laugh
it's also elite which is an added bonus

Attached: 1562276621561.jpg (641x960, 98K)

You are clinically retarded. If you attempted to play this game within five minutes you would be in hospital or dead.