Brazil literally cheated all its way to get the 2016 Olympics

bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-48881867

>A former governor of Rio de Janeiro says he helped pay a $2m (£1.6m) bribe to secure the Olympic Games for the Brazilian city in 2016.
>Sérgio Cabral told a judge the payment was made to secure votes in the decision-making meeting in 2009.
>He said that Carlos Nuzman, then the chairman of the Brazilian Olympic Committee, handled the negotiations.
>In 2017, Mr Nuzman was arrested amid an investigation into the alleged vote-buying scheme. He denies wrongdoing.
>Cabral is currently serving a 200-year sentence for several corruption cases.
>On Thursday, he said the then-president of the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF), Senegal's Lamine Diack, also served as intermediary in the alleged deal.

The absolute state of Brazil and the Olympics. Favela monkeys should never be allowed to host anything again.

Attached: 1.jpg (852x480, 34K)

>Olympics
>Corrupt

You don't say? Old fucking news

>Cabral revealed for the first time at Thursday’s hearing that he paid $1.5 million to guarantee five-to-six votes, then later spent an additional $500,000 a month before the vote to bring the total to nine. He hopes his cooperation with officials will lead to a reduced sentence.

So basically, if it wasn't for those nine votes, Rio would had been eliminated on the first round and either Tokyo or Madrid would had won.

Considering >we would be in even more debt if >we hosted the games, i don't know if being mad at hues or thanking them for saving us from the financial disaster they are facing now.

Attached: OH NO NO NO NO.png (1260x381, 60K)

Everyone is innocent until proven guilty though, mutt. And it's what just happened.

>NOOO YOU CAN'T BRIBE THE OLYMPIC COMMITTEE

Attached: 1522040970528.jpg (785x731, 101K)

Nah, >we are actually happy for not getting this mess in the end. Considering the absolute state of Rio now. Also because fuck Mandril

Attached: AAC8C023-B4BE-4EDE-8B51-B06FA6659C79.jpg (1136x852, 126K)

>cheating IN the olympics
>cheating FOR the olympics
pottery.

Everyone talk that no one wants to host Olympics anymore and they soon be dead, yet it turns out countries actually bribe committees for this.

>IOC bribed
Absolute shocker mate nice detective work retard

Rio won back in 2009 before everything imploded though. And because Lula was forcing the Next Superpower meme in everyone hardcore during that time, so he bite more than he could chew.

>Nah, >we are actually happy for not getting this mess in the end.
Exactly.. who cares if Brazil bribed their way into hosting a financial suicide, they deserve it tbqh

Curious question aussiebro, how is Sydney doing after 2000? They seemed flawless back in the day but i’m sure there is something else people didn’t saw. Only thing i know is Telstra will be demolished for god knows why after not even 20 years.

it was always the case to convince people to vote for a specific city, "legal" lobbying or straight bribery, corruption has always been how it works. it's pretty much like presidential election when you think about it, you vote for someone only for your own interests, to pay less taxes, etc...that's the same for me.

now we should thanks brazil for saving the olympic games from shit timezones, the broadcast hours were comfy, it it was chicago and tokyo it would have been shit, now sadly the next olympics will be in tokyo and most of the sports will happen live when we sleep. fuck them

>Only thing i know is Telstra will be demolished for god knows why after not even 20 years
They're re-configuring to better suit rugby/soccer which are the main uses for the stadium now. Sydney isn't an AFL city and cricket has the SCG so there is no reason to keep it round, it's also really shit because you sit so far back in the back rows.
Everything else in the Sydney Olympic park is intact as far as I know. They still use the arenas for basketball/netball. Sydney's economy remained the strongest in the country
I don't know of any issues from 2000 tbqh

Now you know how people feel in America when the Olympics are held in Yurop.

Sydney was for me the last comfy summer games.
>Athens led Greece to bankruptcy
>Beijing was full of political shit
>Rio bankrupted itself

London was probably the only exception, all the rest was crap.

noo way
i thought they fairly bought the olympics and the world cup back 2 back

who cares about what others feel? I'm not the others

Attached: 1553335760307.jpg (828x651, 68K)

>only $2 million?
That makes the IOC looks cheap as hell

>implying there isn't a market for "confessions"
>believing in brazilian judiciary system
>believing in Sérgio Cabral

Just wait til you find out how Qatar got the next World Cup

>implying BR economy has the same size than greek one

Attached: 12574653346.png (644x800, 13K)

the same way Germany, South Africa, Brazil and Russia got it

>>Cabral is currently serving a 200-year sentence for several corruption cases.
lol why not 2.000 ? What's the point of such sentences ?

this

olympics, world cup... everything goes like this, stop being so naive into thinking organizers don't want "incentives" to make the decisions they make