Name a more overrated NBA star

name a more overrated NBA star
>muh dunk means im top 5 best centers right?
>*while Kobe and D Wade carries him to a ring*
>wait I thought I was top 5 whats happening?
>*tries to do the same shit with Nash, Lebron, and the dynasty in Boston
>bbbut my rings!
fuck this insecure baby, literally all he has going for him is his rings he got from Kobe and Wade. He will never be top 5 center all time. Hes not even top 3 Laker centers

Attached: shaq.jpg (1485x1200, 161K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Z49whgBNCyE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Attached: DhTT7xXUwAAofId.jpg (645x729, 34K)

great argument, wojakshitter

I want that juicy Shaq meat

I'm like, Kobe, nigga tell me how my ass taste ~

youtu.be/Z49whgBNCyE

Shaq was big and stronk.
But in terms of talent, he wasn't very skilled.

he cute

How can people post on Yea Forums without having basic knowledge that leads to posts like this?

Your post was so shit it didnt deserve a different response

Kobe why are you on Yea Forums don't you have someone to rape?

based. OP BTFO

OP didn’t master Shaq-fu
NO DIGNITY!

He had the best post moves of any center in history.

Kobe doesn't consider Shaq overrated, he just thinks he's too lazy and that's the reason why they didn't won more titles
(for Kobe standards everyone is too lazy)

You idiot that's Hakeem Olajuwon

Hotter than a McD apple pie take.

>needed Dave Robinson and Hakeem to quit to be relevant
>horrible on defense
>never worked on free throws, knowing he'd be fouled for 20 years
>adds zero input as analyst
>"muh rings" and ad hominems when based Chuck wrecks him

Pure babby and shit person overall

>pure babby and shit person overall
Facts

Shaq walks onto an all time GOAT team.
Kobe doesn't even make the bench.

>when a European knows more about bball than an American.

Consider me disgusted.

>Kobe carried him to rings
You have to be over 18 to post here

>fuck this insecure baby
Actually you sound insecure as fuck, OP. Are you scared of the big black man?

You forgot to mention how Rodman bullied him

Is it actually harder to land free throws the taller you are? Is there a correlation?

I recently watched a video that explained why the majority of tall players are shit at FTs but I can't find it now
One of the points it made was about the height of the basket relative to the player's eyes and hands when executing the shot

>#1 in field goals attempted
>#1 in field goals missed
>top 5 all time turnovers
>never shot above 50%
>career 32% 3 point shooter
>carried by shaq 3 straight years
>cries and gets shaq traded
>misses playoffs
>misses playoffs in the MIDDLE of his PRIME
>muuuuuuuh mamba mentality

Attached: sand nigger.png (359x480, 218K)

true. shaq is a perfect example of someone who can dish it but not take it. just like the president. maybe he'll run some day

have you ever seen Shaq off the court?

Fuck off semen-slurping plastic zoomers

I never talked about his skills as a basketball player, simply commenting on him ass a tv personality, which he is awful. he just spouts his reddit catchphrases like "bbq chicken" and gets pissed off whenever chuck makes fun of him. he's the kid on the schoolyard who takes his ball and goes home after getting a scrapey.

Oh look, it's Penny Hardaway.

>Complains about a wojak reply
>Constructs his argument poorly written with memes and no statistical or video proof
Meh, I shouldn't even bother replying to a shitty troll thread, also I refuse to believe somebody would be
naive enough to look at a YouTube compilation of Shaq dunking the ball and thinking that's how he played that's leddit level.
>Imagine being David Robinson and get cucked by every other all-start center of his era.
Robinson couldn't even beat Shaq in 1on1 situations when he was in Orlando and had limited post moves and Robinson was on his prime.
Tim Duncan bailed his career big time.
>horrible on defense
People were legitimately scared of running the lane against Shaq, ask Reggie Miller on the 2000 finals.

The only downsides of this game were free throws and rebounding where he was uninterested and at times lazy.

Hi Penny

Attached: 1518801966126.jpg (722x592, 31K)

He wasn't overrated almost every team he was on was a contender or actually won the nba title. He was a frustrating guy cause he was pretty much unstoppable. Yes he was mostly dunks but he had top notch foot work and quick feet. His biggest downfall is never developing a jumpshot/free throw and desire. If he had cleaned these issues up then Michaels undisputed GOAT status may have been threatened.

based. fatty had like 3 good years.
and big ben

also Yao

Hmmm.... Let's list centers that are all-time greats:

- George Mikan
- Wilt Chamberlain
- Bill Russell
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
- Moses Malone
- Hakeem Olajuwon
- David Robinson
- Tim Duncan

I can easily pick two or three in the above list that would make an all-time greats team before O'Neal.

Kobe Bryant wouldn't make the cut on an all-time great team either. However, there may be an argument that Bryant would be closer to making an all-time great team than O'Neal. How many shooting guards would be in consideration for an all-time great team?

- John Havlicek
- Jerry West
- Clyde Drexler
- Michael Jordan
- ???

>- George Mikan

>paved the way for every center

and we're very thankful to him for that, but if you seriously you think he can cut it with the other guys on that list you're a dumb fucker

Youre underestimating Mikan by a margin. Dude was so good they had to make the rules harder just so we wouldn't dominate as much as he did. He definitely deserves his spot

apparently not

Attached: 800px-DirkNowitzki.jpg (800x1283, 157K)

brook lopez would eat him for breakfast

Yes
The release point of the ball is higher in a tall guy

Shaq was a good player

Shaq was the best player I've seen.

/Casual/ general

Allen Iverson

fpbp

wojakposting is cancer, but it's what this faggot OP deserves.

It's literally a mixture of not practicing and pressure. Dwight Howard is a good example. During practice that faggot always made at least 90% of his free throws but the moment he had to do it in game he choked.

Only Olajuwon, Kareem, and Russell were on par or above Shaq. Duncan is close .

You’re forgetting one crucial factor.
Sports are for entertainment. Shaq made every game fun to watch.
This is why the Spurs dynasty and Warriors are going to be looked back on as dark times for the NBA. They won but they won cynically without entertaining.
The Spurs did is through slow half court basketball and Tim Duncan rebounds. The warriors through endless meme chucking. Neither dreamed to imagine.

You're just jealous of his blackness and giant manhood.

It's obvious none of you zoomer faggots watched him play.

>all-time NBA leader in dunks(they didn't keep track of this stat until he was like 35 but I'm pretty damn sure it's him)
>broke the basket TWICE by just dunking
>regularly drew double and triple teams and still scored
>always delivered in the playoffs and in the clutch(top 5 all time PER)

>couldn't shoot
Who gives a fuck when he dunked so much. But he did have a decent mid-range jump hook back in his Magic days. He could also handle the ball on fast breaks as well. He purposely put on weight on the Lakers to improve his effectiveness near the basket as a proper center should.

>muh free throws
He has something like the second highest FG% of all time so it didn't matter. He was shit at free throws but not to the degree it didn't make him a top 5-10 all time NBA player.

The NBA needs a Shaw back so badly nowadays. Memechucking would never be a thing with him around desu

>leader in dunks
There is absolutely nothing special about being able to drop the ball into the rim at point blank

>broke the basket TWICE
Many players are capable of destroying the backboard, they chose not to since they're not assholes
>drew double/triple teams and still scored
Only when he was in dunk range, he had absolutely no form of shot
>clutch in playoffs
who is robert horry, kobe, and derek fisher

This. Prime Shaq shots on virtually anybody in NBA history except Wilt.

They literally changed the rules of the NBA because of him. They were scared nobody would want to watch thick black Adonises bully effeminate manlets in the paint so we got the slow, agonizing evolution into the memechuck we have today.

fpbp

Kobe is way more overrated.

Ah yes, noted slasher Reggie Miller. And how can you say the one of the only downsides of his game was his rebounding when he was an objectively better rebounder than defender. Youre retarded

this but unironically

Shaq would destroy all these bums

b..bait...?

Attached: 2019-06-10 16_46_13-aubrey - Paint.png (706x857, 746K)

He wasn't even top 3 in his era.
Hakeem
Ewing
Robinson
Were all better in terms of actual post moves. Shaq was like 98% brute force.

Attached: hakeem_olajuwon_small_ball_fb.jpg (1200x628, 333K)

>>"muh rings" and ad hominems when based Chuck wrecks him

Still always makes chuck seethe though.

Duncan was better than Shaq in every way.

Better shooter.
Better defender.
Better leader.

However, Duncan was a PF not a C.

lucky for him positions are a completely arbitrary construct that only exist in basketball because other sports have them

Chuck never gets mad when in arguements with Shaq.
It's almost always the opposite. Barkley can actually take a joke, Shaq is a fucking sensitive little bitch when anyone makes a joke directed at him. Also Barkley always gets the better of him in debates, and Shaq like clockwork starts bringing up his rings.
And when that doesn't even work, he tries to threaten Charles, who usually just blows him off. Because they fought in their primes, and Charles got the better of Shaq......and you can tell he's still mad about it.

shaw is underrated
kobr is the most overrated player in history

this desu

OP is a zoomer, ignore thread

>you will remember a 100-year old crippled Arvydas Sabonis shitting on Shaq constantly
All Shaq had was his size and strength. Whenever he was matched up with a guy who could check him on the block, he was shit. Greg Ostertag and Rik Smits also gave Shaq fits.

Attached: 9457686-standard.jpg (665x531, 106K)

>misses playoffs in the MIDDLE of his PRIME
Kareem Abdul Jabbar did that, during some of the weakest NBA years (ABA peaked), while having a HoF PG on his team.

It seems to be that way.

Hakeem is the GOAT center anyway. [spoiler]After Moses Malone, just kidding[/spoiler]

Underrated with hardcore fans though.

pic related

Attached: lakers.jpg (633x613, 93K)

yes. Since the release point is higher you have to have a steeper arc in order to have the ball enter the basket at a given angle

>NBA allowed double team just so the teams could have a chance against him
nah

You are implying that the fact that shaq only dunked and didn't take jump shots. If you have a 7th 1 in 315lbs center and he's taking jump shots of any kind then you OP would make a terrible basketball coach.

>rings he got from Kobe and Wade
Wade definitely carried him in 06, but everyone (including Shaq) acknowledges that.

But he carried Kobe. Shaq AVERAGED 35.7 points and the 14.9 rebounds with the Lakers during those runs.

>while Kobe and D Wade carries him to a ring
google me chuck

WHY DO UNDERAGE AND EUROTRASH HATE ON KOBE AND KNOW SO LITTLE ABOUT THE GAME?

he was pretty inefficient. Sure, he made some clutch shots, his game was fun to watch, and he had a hell of a mindset, but Kobe isn't a player I would want to build my team around

Wilt owns Shaq and it's not even close. Shaq was lazy and slacked off on defense a lot, and was trash his last few years because he never took fitness seriously. Wilt was an elite defender and had unreal stamina and conditioning. Try to imagine Shaw averaging 48.5 mpg without missing a single game

Attached: 2vblu03.jpg (253x320, 7K)

>muh dunk means im top 5 best centers right?
>*while Kobe and D Wade carries him to a ring*
You literally named two more overrated players than Shaq.

based.
Wilt is the GOAT. Maybe Shaq could have been on that level if he tried and stayed in shape instead of falling so fast.

Attached: wilt flex.jpg (499x700, 169K)

I will argue AI he only had a few top years