Redpill me about this sport

Attached: Fencing.jpg (1280x720, 111K)

it's not a sport

Boring to watch(unless you have competed at a high level), fun to participate in

if it's in the olympics, it's a sport, if it's not in the olympics it's not a sport

We used to be very good at it.

Attached: imrs.php.jpg (1484x1035, 244K)

Does it stop being a sport if it is no longer in the olympics?

why not?

It's a great sport and very difficult to master
Also the training is horrible

Also pokey proddy is not fencing, and is very VERY gay indeed
Sabre is for real men

>Boring to watch(unless you have competed at a high level), fun to participate in

Pretty much this desu. I fenced for several years and it's great sport but it's surprisingly untelegenic for a sport that's about swordfighting.

I never fenced and I think it's very exciting to watch, even team events.

Whats the difference?

You can only hit the body, arms and head in sabre and foil, sabre is slashing and striking with the blade so you parry repost in a fluid natural way

Foil is only stabbing and lots of stupid twirling around eachothers tips like nonces and lunging

Epee is like foil but you can stab anywhere, when I was a kid we used to have to compete in all three regardless of what team we were in, I used to stab the toe and won four matches in a row in a competition just doing that for a laugh, it's a complete meme

>it's a complete meme
irl if I stab your toes you're hors de combat mon ami.

Is very gay

>toe stabbing
This is why France won the most battles

>hors de combat mon ami.
what kind of faggot language is this? how do you pronounce this without looking like a fag?

Don't voice the h. Make your lips into an o shape whilst you talk. Easy

all French makes you sound like a fag. ironic how they call it the most beautiful language in the world when in reality it's just like any other Romance language but you make retarded guttural noises too

You're only saying that because you're gay for french accents

Fancy frufru Olympic sport that in most forms of media is shown to be played by rich peoples.

the backseat parenting in this sport has to be the worst ive ever seen

>he hasn't seen the 9yrs old drag queen pageant

>two niggers running and slash like mongs
nah, get fuck

I fenced for ~7 years and I can say that it is absolutely the most fun sport to play without any fucking question. You’re sword fighting. It’s insanely awesome.

But, it also is a super autistic-sounding thing to tell people you do. When you tell people, prepare for lots of questions and for everyone to associate you as “the fencing guy.” If you’re not prepared to make yourself look cool in your answers, you’re doomed to be a weirdo in everyone’s eyes. I saw a majority of weirdos go through that fencing club, but also a couple guys who escaped as chads, and a couple extremely, extremely hot women. It works female bodies like volleyball kinda, but a bit more arm strength.

you'd think sword fighting would be cool but it's actually extremely dull

epee is the only real fencing

is there an age limit to get into it recreationally? i.e is there stuff I will never be able to learn unless I started before high school like in gymnastics or tennis?

not if you're willing to get your ass kicked the first 1000 times

life already kicks my ass every waking second. physical punishment is nothing to me

All fighting is boring to watch in general when you take away the danger. Without the fear of death fencing isn’t much different from swinging sticks at each other. It’s why technical boxers like money bore normies to death, they know there won’t be a ko