WINTER OLYMPICS '26 DECISION GAME THREAD

olympicchannel.com/en/events/detail/134th-ioc-session-and-host-city-election-lausanne/

Announcement show at 17:15 CET

Attached: 1543934987705.jpg (1200x679, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

olympicchannel.com/en/live/event/134th-ioc-session-and-host-city-election-lausanne/video/detail/announcement-show-host-city-2026/
dn.se/sport/inget-os-till-sverige-valet-foll-pa-milano-cortina/
dn.se/ledare/lisa-magnusson-vi-ska-alla-vara-glada-att-vi-slapp-os-skammen/
stockholm-are2026.com/en/7-reasons-why-sweden-should-host-the-2026-olympic-and-paralympic-winter-games/
thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9355926/ac-milan-inter-san-siro-630m-2022/
elpais.com/ccaa/2019/06/21/madrid/1561116374_560451.html?id_externo_rsoc=TW_CM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

now THIS is irrelevant

cripple dick

Who bribed more for it?

Sweden shouldn't be allowed to host until they have black swedes competing in winter events at the same level as the whites. Cmon Sweden its 2019.

As a swede, I hope Italy will host it.

Just wait for the Olympic ceremony with Greta and her Somali wife lighting up the flame

As 1/86th Swede, I hope my ancestral home of Sverige will host it.

>meme olympics
nobody even wants the real one

I read that 87% of the Milano population wants to host the Olympics. Meanwhile 57% of the Stockholm population DOESN'T want to host it.
If it goes to Stockholm it's a disgrace.

What does that mean? Do Brazilians have cripple dick?

Is it between those two or are there other cities?

Hopefully it goes to Milano. No city should have this forced upon them.

DESU Swedes are a lot into this kind of stuff

Is anyone here from a city that has hosted the Olympics? I always wonder if it’s a nightmare or a pleasurable experience.

olympicchannel.com/en/live/event/134th-ioc-session-and-host-city-election-lausanne/video/detail/announcement-show-host-city-2026/

we're live

this one does
and it's between those 2

I am. Twice. It was based as fuck!

You really regret you didn't let Rome win that, didn't you user

I hope Milano wins.

Our Prime Minister is a corrupt traitor flushing down the taxpayers' money while the old are living on fucking bread and water.
No one wants this shit. Literally no one. Fuck off.

>Swedish bid includes latvian city of Sigulda – that will host bobsleigh, luge and skeleton
exporting the shit sports to save costs is a genius move. Is IKEA in charge of this olympics or what?

hope its iran, great country.

Attached: Ompi hiljasta..jpg (393x427, 20K)

fuck off

I'm so glad Calgary dropped out of this. We narrowly avoided a $5 billion mistake.

Attached: 1myariut9k911.jpg (2837x3546, 772K)

No more European or East Asian cities please. Olympics is supposed to be a global event

Attached: A18061A3-3090-4BD1-BC81-C9D14140C40E.png (320x287, 104K)

ok sverige impressive concept but your alpine world cup this year was messy

Attached: 1545444649237.png (600x497, 8K)

>Ouagadougou 2030
>Quito 2034

Cringe at Italy's wewuz video

please no

please fuck off

Jesus Christ this Italy video is so fucking shit. Is this supposed to be a promo for the Winter Olympics?

It should be in Dublin desu

LISA Vittozzi on tv introducing Milan bid

Don't make her cry anons

Attached: in2pofef_400x400.jpg (400x400, 26K)

>83% national support
LOL 60% OF STOCKHOLMERS ARE AGAINST IT
PLEASE PICK ITALY

what the fuck italia
at least you have sofia

Attached: 1530010633660.png (741x609, 27K)

public opinion went the exact same way here. Canadians out side of Calgary wanted them to host, but Calgarians voted against it because they would actually be footing the bill

I hope it's Italy. I don't think there will ever be olympics as close as Milano to us.

FRIDA

Cringe

>Primeminister, Volvo CEO, former Ericsson CEO and Svenskt Näringsliv speaking at the candidate city presentation
the true rulers of Sweden

this tbqh

does anyone actually get excited to host these things anymore?

no this means we have to pay more taxes AND get stuck with a bunch of tourists AND risk Finland winning olympic gold medal in hockey in Sweden

Imagine being so arrogant that you go through with the bid despite the people being against it.
Good luck getting re-elected Stefan Löfven. You're not going to live this one down.

>Om Sverige får vinter-OS kommer tävlingarna att spridas ut. I Stockholm och Södertälje avgörs curling, ishockey, konståkning, parallellslalom, skridsko, short track, skidor, skidskytte, big air (snowboard), freestyle (hopp).
>I Åre tävlar man i alpint, freestyle och snowboard med Falun får arrangera backhoppning och nordisk kombination.
>Även Lettland har ju ett finger med i spelet i den svenska OS-ansökan. Grenarna bob, rodel och skeleton ska avgöras i lettiska Sigulda.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

DET KOMMER BLI KÖ OCH FÖRSENINGAR DAG IN DAG UT I 3 VECKOR AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

DRA ÅT HELVETE HÅLL SKITEN I NORRLAND

SLUTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I just realized my only long term goal in life is attending Lisa's biathlon events at an Italian Olympics. Don't crush my dreams IOC.

Attached: 28fj3w.jpg (633x758, 62K)

I CANT FUCKING WAIT TO HAVE ALL MY TAXES HIKED UP LIKE A WEDGIE BETWEEN MY ASSCHEEKS TO FUN THE OLYMPIC GAMES

I really really hope your dream comes true

Winter olympics in South America when?

DON'T DO THIS LÖFVEN

DON'T YOU FUCKING DO THIS

I've already forgiven you for the last WCH and apologize for my chimp compatriots whistling your national anthem user.

>vitofags

Attached: 1532502075871.jpg (195x258, 7K)

It's gonna be Milan

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

BASED
A
S
E
D

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
HOLY FUCKING SHIT YES

THANK FUCKING GOD

"Congratulations" Italy

RIGGED

BASED ITALIA

WE'RE GOING TO MILANO BABY

Attached: 1537349673237.png (748x687, 30K)

VI FUCKING VANN BOYS
SÅ JÄVLA SKÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖNT

Thank God

THANK FUCK FOR THIS

isn't Italy in rough financial shape? This seems like a bad idea. Not that this has ever stopped the Olympics before

based italy master-race wins again.

Attached: apu f napi.jpg (750x597, 34K)

>celebrating this much

Cringe

relief

i honor of Italy saving Sweden, I will buy a pizza sometime later this year maybe

For some reasons, countries with shit economies seem to love to host these kinds of events.

Italien blåst åt helvete

Thank you Italy! You're a beautiful country! I can't thank you enough for this!

i-it will generate more tourism!

Attached: 1559338507746.jpg (1630x1950, 265K)

>cringelord naturefag speech
hard pass

I'M SO HAPPY

THANKS ANONS

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 12K)

>its 1-1
More like 2-0 to us for dodging this shitfest lmao

YES! NOW CAN FINANCE MORE REFUGEES COMING HERE!

based italy
>beat finland to win olympic gold in 2006 in italy
>qualifies us to the world cup of football 2018
>let's Zlatan score 1-1 goal to qualify us for quarter final in 2004 euros
>let's Zlatan dick them and win serie A trophies for a decade
>Gre-no-li
>saves us from hosting olympics
i fucking love italy man

Congratulations! I'm glad the people who actually wanted the Olympics got it

Fucking commies

Italy is a beautiful country and I know they will do a great job. Also we avoided the catastrophic costs we can't deal with right now. Everything is as it should be.

lol @ this guy talking

>F-Fucking commies!!

Attached: 1544008508696.jpg (1646x1969, 275K)

t. William Bögelius, svenskt näringsliv

Shut the fuck up. Only old people who will barely be alive by 2026 want this shit. If you want this shit so much foot the entire bill by yourself.

Memes aside, why did Italy get it? From a environmental perspective we are more fit to host it but I guess the IOC could care less about the environment.

kys foppa

Probably because they were aware of how little support this bid actually had back in Sweden and how heavily supported the Italy bid was by the Italians. It makes no fucking sense to give it to someone who doesn't want it.

i bribed the IOK

>what are the Alps

Based Swedes celebrating for avoid being raped by refugees during the winter Olympics

lmao imagine if we had gotten this shit
It would have been Nya Karolinska 2.0

Disaster averted but I'm not forgetting this whole fiasco. I refuse to vote for the Socialdemocrats as long as Löfven is their party leader.

>bore IOC to sleep during pitch to avoid hosting shitfest and guaranteed financial losses
based Svens

Attached: snuvade av spaggar.jpg (837x782, 114K)

>how heavily supported the Italy bid was by the Italians
Northern italians at least, terroni will cry to no end. Anyway Milan is in good shape as far as services and transports, I don't know how we'll pay for shit since after years of huge spending the city hall is broke but I guess we'll jew money from the state (which is not a problem since we keep the country kinda afloat)

>what are having to build multiple venues from scratch because that is literally their plan

>7 years to go until Milan-Cortina
>3 years to the closest winter games
>5 months until winter

Attached: 1550533286649.jpg (600x600, 99K)

>s-slog ut er ur VM

Swedes wildly celebrating Milano's "win" and italians not giving a fuck. Based Yea Forums.

>terroni will cry to no end.
why lol

>Frågan om vilka som står som garanter för de svenska spelen har varit ofta ställd i Lausanne under helgen. En källa med goda kontakter inom den olympiska rörelsen säger till DN att det fortfarande finns en oro inom Internationella olympiska kommitténs (IOK) ledning för att Stockholm Åre inte ska kunna ge ekonomiska garantier för om någonting oförutsett skulle inträffa, till exempel att säkerhetskostnaderna för spelen skulle öka kraftigt.

>Peter Reinebo, verksamhetschef vid Sveriges olympiska kommitté, bekräftar att det blev frågor kring det svenska garantipaketet, som han menar är innovativt och annorlunda, och därför behöver klargöras.

>Han förklarar att den svenska lösningen för att garantera spelen är en kombination av näringslivet och försäkringsbolag.

>– Sedan när det gäller säkerhetsfrågorna är statens engagemang oinskränkt.

>– Staten tar ansvar för dessa frågor oavsett säkerhetsläget.

dn.se/sport/inget-os-till-sverige-valet-foll-pa-milano-cortina/

Look at that ugly fuck's face. He wouldn't be happy til this entire country is in a fucking ruin. Thank fuck the Olympics bid failed.

For brown people

why aren't you giving a fuck, considering how much of your taxes will go to fund this?

Thank fuck we didn't get it.

>20k jobs created during 6 years
Pretty based

>wont have to deal with even more annoying tourists
>wont have to waste taxmoney on funding it
>wont have to deal with the entire city shutting down for a month or however long this shit is
That's a big W in my book

Our taxes are thrown in the toilet anyway, so at least we get a cool event.

And all of them will be going to refugees

Congratulations to Stockholm. Not you, Milan. Get ready for taxes raising and decades of debt very soon.

Not under Salvini's watch

What are the votes?

APOLOGIZE

Attached: MilanoCortina2026.jpg (1200x849, 260K)

47-34

>MUH GRANDE OPERA
>MUH CORRUPTION
>MUH WASTE OF FUNDS THAT COULD GO INTO GIBMEDATS

Turin hosted in 2006 and we were fine
What worries me is the retards of the Lega trying to finance this through memebots

Thanks swedanon

Also
>IOC:” w-we want the most sustainable and costless project to win so we can improve the winter olympics image”
>Also the IOC: *picks the most expensive bid*
Reminder the IOC is as bad and corrupt as FIFA only that they are a bit more subtle in it.

Venice is closer to Cortina than Milano

Attached: lutetium.jpg (1462x1462, 288K)

I don't think anyone thought for a second that they actually gave a shit about the environment.

Except maybe the people who ran our bid.

no no, thank YOU

I am so happy guys

what do they plan to build?

Not that much desu. Mostly two exhibition halls in Milan, one was already planned. Almost everything else already exists and will need a revamp.

Places like Antholz (biathlon) and Bormio (alpine ski) are already there.

Oh and we won't need to host luge, bob and skeleton in FUCKING LATVIA.

>From a environmental perspective
Who gives a fuck about that shit?

Italy is such a based country. Only one more reason to like them. Thank you!

based italia saving the superior olympics.
shitty sweden celebrating, because they know they won't win shit and that would mean less money for browning up their country
very nice

Ah, yeah, muh jobs creaton... All those numbers and stats are either fake or heavily manipulated. A lot of them won't be "created", but just guys coming from other places and moving away as soon as the job will be done, and that's only for the Italian workers, as in fact most of the work will be done by eastern Europe guys who'll GTFO after a few months. And you'll never have 20k guys working on site at the same time, at best it will be a few hundreds for some months to dig stuff, then a new few other hundreds to sink concrete for some months, then another hundreds to set up electricity, water, windows, whatever...
Plus it's Italy, so 1€ spent in construction work equals to 1€ gifted to the mafia.

based and redpilled

dn.se/ledare/lisa-magnusson-vi-ska-alla-vara-glada-att-vi-slapp-os-skammen/

Grym artikel om hur nära katastrof vi verkligen var

It's either money going to the mafia or money going to new homes for Ngubu and his 13 kids, knowing Sweden

GULDEXTRA

stockholm-are2026.com/en/7-reasons-why-sweden-should-host-the-2026-olympic-and-paralympic-winter-games/
>With stunning alpine conditions, it’s not unusual to ski or skate to work or school
>In fact, they have over 50 words for snow!
>and Sweden has no end of romantic log cabins and saunas to warm up – preferably with a glass of ‘glögg’ or a craft Swedish beer.
This is literally fake news

Sweden, Finland and Norway are the only countries where a majority of the population follow multiple Winter Olympic sports, yet somehow they've only hosted the games once since 1952 and won't host again until 2030 at earliest. What the fuck is their problem. Take some fucking responsibility.

Fuck off we don't want it

>In fact, they have over 50 words for snow!
isn't that inuits?
>With stunning alpine conditions, it’s not unusual to ski or skate to work or school
isn't that norway?
>and Sweden has no end of romantic log cabins and saunas to warm up
isn't that finland?

can't sweden do anything on it's own?

>Handing over the responsability of wasting billion of dollars in an event which only lasts 3 weeks.
This is one of the most retarded comments i've seen in a long while. More like the IOC should fucking take responsibility and spend their own money as well in the monster they've created.

Attached: 4ba.jpg (600x594, 35K)

>LA gets to host the Summer Olympics for the 3rd time
>A third of LA don't want it

The Sigulda thing was honestly one of the things which killed the Stockholm bid. I doubt any future bid will try to pull something similar in the near future.

Also, I heard San Siro will be torn down. Where is the Opening Ceremony going to be held, then? I only know the closing will be held at a literal roman amphitheatre (Verona) which is actually based as fuck.

Attached: 2481.jpg (3888x2592, 2.75M)

Why spend their own money when IOC can trick local governments into funding the whole thing and then takes a portion of the profits? Easy money.

>Celebrating that you received the right to host the White People Games
Fuck off no one cares.

IOC have offered billions in support to host the next Winter Olympics and there is no need for the games to be anywhere near as expensive as the ones hosted in Sochi and Pyongchang that were built from the ground up and built as propaganda to impress. Sweden, Finland and Norway have the luxury of being able to share the bid as they already have built huge venues capable of hosting every single event, are neighbors and are on good terms. They are the only countries where several of the sports are a big part of their culture, half of the sports were created there. It's about as petty as England turning down the World Cup, US turning down the Summer Olympics. Absolute laughable countries, put an end to the Winter Olympics if even the countries who are supposed to love it don't like it.

*dabs on Sweden*

Attached: 15386957362748.jpg (1024x683, 77K)

Italian girls are craving Anglo Cock.

>We try hard to blend with zoomer culture
I mean, Beijing also did it with their 2022 bid and handover presentation.

Attached: Screen_Shot_2017_07_13_at_1.09.20_PM.0.jpg (1200x800, 162K)

Mine leans towards the left

Yes. Like I told you. It's fake news. They made it up.

Milan's mayor clarified San Siro belongs to the city of Milan so no way it will be demolished before the games

>It's either money going to the mafia which will also import Ngubu for the illegal work on the construction sites and his 13 sons for human trafficking activities, or money going to new homes for Ngubu and his 13 kids, knowing Italy and Sweden

fixed that for you, you'll get the mafia AND the Ngubu

Norway has a government fund worth $1100B and counting and you can't spare $5-10B to host the Winter Olympics once every 30 years? Oh fuck off.

Salt Lake City 2002 cost the Americans $1.2B and they were left with a profit of over $100M. Why can't you pull of the same?

well, guess what, that fund's purpose is to be used in the future on useful stuff, not on useless 3-weeks pissing contests

I hope buenos aires or santiago host one someday so i can watch the winter games

pls, dabbing was never zoomer culture.
it's just the most popular way of assuming dominance over your lessers

Attached: 2019-01-27_12-01-57.webm (1278x718, 2.8M)

The interests alone are enough to cover 10 Olympic Games. Norway is the all-time medalist winner. Skiing is the biggest sport in the country. If they want the Winter Olympics to exist its their fucking responsibility.

Good, Milano is less gay

Oh really?
thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9355926/ac-milan-inter-san-siro-630m-2022/
>AC MILAN and Inter Milan have agreed plans for their new stadium - which means the iconic San Siro will be knocked down.
>The two Italian giants are planning to build and move into their new £630million ground by the 2022/23 season.

Attached: 1444865713989.jpg (480x360, 20K)

Fuck no
Go to Sweden please

There are no plans for demolish Meazza
The fuck your retarded bong """"journal"""" is on?

clearly awarding Milan the Olympics was a mistake by the failing IOC who are filled with sick people and real low lifes many of who I fired. Beautiful Salvani will investigate. The right thing will be done or I will have no choice but to sanction.

Like any Ngubu worth his name would stay in Italy rather than join his 47 relatives living in Marseille

To be fair, AC Milan and Inter are supossed to fund it. So it will be private investment and won't be included on whatever it will be the final price of the 2026 games.

Will make sure to be there to watch Ingrid BTFO Vithotzzi in front of her home crowd.

Attached: ingridtand_BzGkDXSoiCI.jpg (1080x1320, 443K)

I went to turin 2006 and it was great but milan/cortina is a bad idea.
they are too far away and even athletes will not like it because they will not have mega orgies

>i'll be 36 years old in 2026

Attached: 1522416419401.png (1920x1080, 1.65M)

Aren't they going to separate the athletes in two different villages to avoid transportation, though? Or will there be just one village?.

Why can't they have mega orgies?

>t. 38yo in 2026

*Nordic

like you said there will be different villages for sure

We turned down the US Olympics because we have a trillion dollar debt to pay off. We had zero debt and a surplus (thanks to the dot com boom) when Clinton was in office and shortly after he left. Salt Lake City WO, Los Angeles World Cup, and Atlanta SO were all paid for because we had the money. So yes, Sweden is right to not want it when they would rather spend money on more important uses. It’s right for us because we don’t have money. Pretty sure England is in the same boat. The UK, US, Estonia, Poland, and even fucking Greece pay the bill for NATO. How about you put your part Mr. ?

Italy is always in rough economic and political shape, it's Italy.

The sun is the biggest selling bong paper and literal trash.

>mfw the new Madrid government already announced today they want to bid for the olympics. For the fourth time.
>elpais.com/ccaa/2019/06/21/madrid/1561116374_560451.html?id_externo_rsoc=TW_CM
At least there will be a referendum where this stupid idea will most likely be killed before its given birth. Also, they don't have Samaranch around anymore to help them this time.

Attached: vl4eqakfrpr21.jpg (499x385, 108K)

You're literally hosting the 2028 Olympics in Los Angeles. UK & Ireland are bidding for 2030 World Cup and have government support. Not sure what NATO has to do with anything, but Norway clearly loves to waste money there as a self-proclaimed nation of peace and second largest contributor per capita after the US.

Funny thing is that the only country that can be perceived as a threat to us is Russia, and being a NATO members has just escalated that threat. We'd be on much better terms with Russia if we like Sweden and Finland chose to stay out of the treaty. To generalize the biggest impact it's had is to drag us into wars on continents we have no business of even being involved in.