WINTER OLYMPICS 2026

Where do you think it's gonna be Yea Forums?

strawpoll.me/18212611

It'll get announced tomorrow

Attached: 1561235388334.jpg (637x463, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

apnews.com/ecac0540dbd2c9a50893b3e25d53208e
youtu.be/hFAtTq8dfe0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Hopefully Italy

IKEA

>Distance Milan to Cortina
>257km as crow flies
>407km by car

literally the stupidest idea since Beijing 2022

Attached: 468A86C300000578_0_image_m_28_.jpg (650x376, 22K)

Stockolm would be of niggers, americanization and gays.

Stockholm, due to multiculti and lgbt

Does anyone still watch this joke now that there's no NHL players?

speaking about olympics, there are actually European Olympics going on right now, but I don't have links for non-regionlocked streams, so I'm not making a thread. If someone has, please do.

saw some events, lots of cutes in road cycling

also cute swiss girl on opening ceremony, but i accidenly saw it on tv while scrolling, so there might be more of cutes whom i did not had a chance to see

Stockholm + Åre is even further away and there is even talks to throw a baltic country in that shit.

we already had a taste of how swedish olympics would look like with the alpine world cup. no thank you.

the last good Winter Olympics was Vancouver, and the peak was Sapporo 72
the rest of it has just been meme shit

Milan if you care about quality
Stockholm if you care about the environment

>the last good Winter Olympics was Vancouver, and the peak was Sapporo 72
>the rest of it has just been meme shit

Attached: images[1].jpg (164x307, 9K)

Stockholm fot the love of God

>winter olympics

Only snowniggers care about this dick swinging contest

>holding olympics unironically
can't wait untill they let the football A teams compete in the summer olympics, so that the entire thing just becomes another wc with some meme competitions of people throwing shit around and whatnot during the halftime

Pyeongchang was acceptable. It was Sochi which was meme shit and caused all this mess the winter games bids are facing at the moment. If only they elected PC back in 2007 for the 2014 games nothing of this would be happening.

what? Pyeongchang was awful, empty stands on every event expect skating ones, awful time schudle in some events, for example ski jumping ended past midnight Korea time.

At least it didn't had the host country spend 40 billion dollars and literally and unironically doing state sponsored doping.

Do people even care about the olympics these days?

It was awful even for Asian time
American TV stations destroyed the schedule

And I mean fewer and fewer people go for those sports since there's not much money in them

Kinda want Goofy to win

well yeah, that was bad kek. dosen't change the fact that pyeongchang suck. it wasn't a discredit to all sport like sochi, but it suck.

the only thing russia did wrong is not to pay off the officials more, like america does. they would not have been caught then

You now remember that time swedes didn't wanted to waste money in the Olympics so much their own citizens literally bombed their stadiums in order to take away prestige from their 2004 bid.

apnews.com/ecac0540dbd2c9a50893b3e25d53208e

>GOETEBORG, Sweden (AP) _ A powerful bomb rocked the main sports stadium in this western Swedish city early Monday, the latest in a series of attacks that have jeopardized the country’s bid for the 2004 Olympics.
>Police said the bomb exploded about 2 a.m. local time and no one was injured. The blast went off at an entrance to the New Ullevi Stadium and a roof section was badly damaged.
>Plans call for the Goeteborg stadium to be used as a site for Olympic soccer competition, if Stockholm is awarded the Summer Games.
>There were no suspects and no claims of responsibility, according to Goeteborg police spokesman Bengt Staaf.
>But Swedish television SVT said an anonymous caller to the Stockholm newspaper Aftonbladet warned shortly before the explosion that a bomb was about to go off, but gave no indications of when or where.
>It was the ninth attack on a sports facility in Sweden since the spring. All of the others have taken place in the Stockholm area.
>On August 8, a bomb destroyed parts of the 85-year-old Olympic Stadium in Stockholm.

Attached: stadium.bombing.jpg (158x222, 17K)

Based

Was Are 2019 that bad? Care to explain what happened?

garbage weather and no visibility. all the events had constant delays and all the tracks were cut by half making it unfair and stupid

Yikes. I think Pyeongchang also had some of these issues as well (people nearly froze to death at the opening) then again weather is unpredictable and tends to vary each year.

Genuinely based, the Olympics are a huge money sink. Once they're over, cities are left with extremely oversized sports complexes that will never be used to their full capacity again and come with huge maintenance costs, and the increase in tourism for a month doesn't even cover the investment.
They should all be in Athens, or at most have 6 cities, 1 per continent (minus Antarctica).

Italy please. I don't want to deal with even more tourists. It's already enough.

how much they pay you for posts like this? give me a contact I would use some extra cash.

Do Swedish women like American men?

how so? i'm not excusing russia for cheating. i'm just stating the fact, they didn't do anything different from other 'super powers' like us and china. all of them juice like crazy since children and yet only russia is a scapegoat

Also the snow turned into wet mud and they did nothing to fix it. Look at the results of the men combined event and you'll see how it became impossible to keep a lead in the second run. They just don't know what to do in case of bad weather.

Depends of who organizes and if the legacy plans are well made. Los Angeles, Barcelona and Atlanta are still making good income out of all the venues and areas which were recovered for the olympics. Pic related was a wasteland in BCN and now its always packed with tourists every Summer. The olympic stadium and Palau Sant Jordi are still regulary used for events/concerts (the former was the home stadium of Espanyol for nearly two decades

Now, cities like Montreal and Athens shat the bed and most of their venues are either abandoned or never used to their full Capacity, all because they never actually planned what to do when the circus was over.

Attached: CAD88BEA-FD7D-4185-9A35-A50E5865FDF8.jpg (1024x576, 126K)

This. I also went to munich and their Olympic parc is beautiful, and fully accessible to the public

Imagine caring about winter olympics haha. So weird!

Attached: Holmenkollen.jpg (900x633, 140K)

Lillehammer was kino, user.
youtu.be/hFAtTq8dfe0

Attached: ED40DCD0-51F8-4A94-AC14-4A3338AFA205.jpg (1200x892, 293K)

It was depressing Munich lost the 2018 race to a literally who worst korean town

Attached: AD11038B-7D82-4A1B-B64D-C4C54E1AEEE3.jpg (974x661, 171K)

Does Sweden even have any mountains even close in size and elevation to Cortina? What about all the alpine skiing events?

Put it in Milano.

Medal plaza would be right in front of Milan cathedral so that would be better than most soulless plastic and tin plazas nowadays

lmao Stockholm to Åre is 610 km through nothing but forests

>mfw tourists take the train from Stockholm to Åre and get SJ'd
>mfw tourists take the car from Stockholm to Åre and get Moose'd and traffic safety camera'd
>mfw tourists take the plane from Stockholm to Åre and get SAS'd

Attached: miroslav satan.jpg (500x567, 53K)

Åre Mountains, at the locality of Are, Jamtland, which would host the alpine/snow events. Ice/indoor events would be held in Stockholm. There are also mountains in Ostersund.

Attached: are-piste-map.jpg (4168x1616, 3.89M)

How's public transportation between clusters in Sweden?

From Stockholm to Are, by train it would be 6 hours. To Falun its much faster, just 2 hours in train. Don't remember now but they will most likely build separate olympic villages for the athletes on each site.

Attached: sverige-eng.jpg (2000x1125, 417K)

Thanks user. I thought the IOC was vehemently against hosting events spread so faraway from each other, the Sigulda thing should have been shot down from day one.

Not anymore. Given fewer and fewer cities want to host the Winter Olympics (you can thank Sochi for that), the IOC were forced to be more flexible with their laws and now allow multiple cities/countries to host. After all, beggars can't be choosers.

Who do you think is going to win?

Based

What’s wrong with SJ tho. I just watched a review of Gothenburg-Stockholm by Paul Lucas and it seemed like a great value

Sweden.

It's a very tight race tbqh. IOC is focusing more in the sustainability and minimal spending in order to return the prestige to the winter games. Stockholm seems to be the best on this aspect. However the popular support was low until now and some fear they would face a similar scenario to Denver when the city was chosen to host the 1976 edition but resigned when the costs skyrocketed. On the other hand, Italy has a strong support, both popular and government wise. However the fact they will have to build much more and that they've relatively hosted the games recently (2006) could play against them.

As you can see, both have their pros and their risks. If they ultimately pick the one which spends the less, Stockholm will win. If, on the other hand, decide to pick one with assured budget and support, Milan would grab it in the bag.