Conmebol-Concacaf Merger

It should be like this

>51 countries (10+41)
>All concacaf competitions are dropped, only Copa America and Libertadores remain(and Sudamericana but with a name change)
>Nations League every 2 years becomes a qualifier for World Cup (12 slots) and Copa America (16 slots).

>4 Divisions (A, B, C, D)
>A: 10 countries (9 matchdays)
>B: 10 countries (9 matchdays)
>C: 14 countries (13 matchdays)
>D: 17 countries (2 groups of 8-9, 7-8 matchdays each, final match to decide division winner)

>A: 2 relegated
>B: 2 promoted, 4 relegated
>C: 4 promoted, 4 relegated
>D: 4 promoted (top 2 of each group)

Qualifiers work like this

>Nations League 1 (world cup, 12 slots)
>A: top 6 qualify, bottom 4 go to playoff
>B: top 4 go to playoff
>C: top 1 goes to playoff
>D: top 1 goes to playoff

>Nations League 2 (Copa America, 16 slots)
>A: top 6 qualify, bottom 4 go to playoff
>B: top 3 qualify, #4-7 go to playoff
>C: top 1 qualifies, #2 goes to playoff
>D: top 1 goes to playoff

Playoffs (repechaje) works like this

>10 countries, divided in 2 groups of 5
>Each country plays each other once, top 3 of each group qualify
>Each country plays 4 matches.

Attached: CONMEBOL-CONCACAF.png (1496x1061, 1.33M)

Other urls found in this thread:

starsandstripesfc.com/2017/8/29/16088402/mls-money-owners-sum-major-league-soccer-marketing-usa-mexico-canada
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

CONCACAF is well aware of the disparity between CONMEBOL and themselves. The merge will never happen.

Asia+Oceania merge is much more sensible and probable

Calendar would be like this
>2026
June-July: World Cup 2026

September, October, November: Nations League rounds 1-6

>2027
March: Nations League rounds 7-8
June: Nations League round 9
June-July: Nations League playoffs
September, October, November: friendlies

>2028:
March: friendlies
June-July: Copa America

September, October, November: Nations League rounds 1-6

>2029
March: Nations league rounds 7-8
June: Nations League round 9
June-July: playoffs

September, October, November: friendlies

>2030
March: friendly
June-July: World Cup 2030

Club Competitions like Libertadores or Sudamericana would just copy UEFA's format

Why would USA and Mexico give up on almost free World Cup berths?

No, fuck off

No it shouldnt. We have enough shit teams as it is. We should be looking to reduce the number of shitters, not increase it.
For me Copa America would only be played by Argentina, Brazil, Uruguay, Chile and Colombia. The other trash NTs can go fuck themselves.

>Argentina

Attached: Screenshot_6.png (785x227, 10K)

That's a retarded idea, also it would deny us the kino that is playing in Bolivia

The merge would benefit mostly concacaf, they need us, we are fine on our own.
The only problems Conmebol has are the reduced audience by not being open to the NA market, and that the 48 WC is going to make the qualifiers boring
Concacaf on the other hand gets to participate in an actual competition instead of copa oro

If we had more countries in Conmebol we could get rid of most friendlies
Also one day we could see Argentina getting relegated

To be a part of Copa America. You know they want to

La CONCHACAF de tu madre

Attached: 18582112_10207679845188226_5096237257732097574_n.jpg (600x656, 29K)

>Taking two 15 hours trip to play one game against the Portland Timbers

Witnessed

Also fuck OP and fuck conCACAf

Attached: E6A185CE-5077-414C-81EB-4F56B5838EF9.jpg (738x1192, 577K)

>CONMEBOL lacks numbers
>refuses to allow the Falklands national team to join

They have beaten Orkney 4-1 in the past so are clearly good enough to compete, tell Argentina to grow up and stop blocking their application.

How can you have a national team if you're not a nation?

Bringing libertadores matches to the US would generate a shitton of money and you know it

Why would Malvinas get another national team if they already have one (Argentinean National Team?

Ask Kosovo.

Honestly lads

the confederations are fine.. Perfect for qualifying even.
Rarely is the 6th best South American team as good as the 3rd best North American team.

However,
on even years outside of the World cup, Just like the Euros, we should have a legit Copa America.
And on odd years we can do our little continental cups.
That would improve everyone.

no

>Making Dynamo Houston take a 16 hour chartered jet to play against a soccer team based on Johnny Depp’s character from a Disney movie to qualify to play in a tournament where you’ll travel 1/2 way across the world to get assaulted by Italian Niggers in Buenos Aries

this. Copa America 100 was based as fuck.
Every 2 years we'll have a World Cup then a serious Copa America

Ask Gibraltar, Faroe Islands and Catalonia.

Cataluña is definitely a nation

I have an interesting bit of trivia you may like. The Falkland Islands, despite their close proximity to Argentina, actually belong to Britain. Even Argentina's military action against the Falklands failed to change this.

>Implying that wouldn't be based
You'd rather have concachampions over this?

Apologies for this oversight.

>Asia+Oceania merge is even more sensible and probable

fixed. CONCACAF-CONMEBOL merge will be necessary too for WC 2026. A CONMEBOL qualifier with 7 qualified teams out of 10 wouldn't make sense.

Maybe, but the distances are so vast.

All international tournaments should be held on the US since here's where the money's at and there's enough of you South Amexican vermin here to fill stadiums

chicanos are american, do not associate us with those subhumans

Most of our players have to come from europe anyway, at least in the countries that matter

>Rarely is the 6th best South American team as good as the 3rd best North American team.
Imagine being a fat gringolard and actually believing this.

lads literally no teams would qualify from concacaf. chile beat your supposed best team mexico 7-0 and they sometimes dont even qualify for the wc/scrape in

just scrap the gold cup/other meme cups and sort the copa america out. once every 4 years and both north and south america can play then itll be on the level of the euros and be taken seriously

With 12 slots at least 2 would qualify, realistically it should be 4, bolivia and ecuador are worthless

Osorio was a meme coach and now we have Tata. Right now, Im 100% confident that if our A team were to play your A team, Mexico would win the majority of the time.

>. You know they want to

Fans maybe do, federations? Doubt it, its an easy way into the WC for México and the US and playing a friendly match against some shit tier caribbean NT in any nfl stadium is way more profitable than going to play against Argentina A team in fucking Bolivia despite how much better such game would be sporting wise

Are you trying to wake the giant?

If you try to embarrass the USA like this we will throw money at the problem, our gigachads will skip playing basketball to get the soccer payday, and USA will become an unstoppable juggernaut reigning unrelenting doom and gloom on the world (cup).

Leave well enough alone. Our current system is dumb as fuck, but it keeps the balance of power intact.

holy shit imagine this kino

can you fucking stop i dont mind chicanos but you guys are too fucking optimistic about our shit teams holy fuck

>COMECONCACA
ayy

Because that confederation would get like 12 slots in the 48 team wc

No, you just overrated englel. Mexico can handle the likes of englel but

>Just throw money at it
>Don't implement a relegation system because current team owners will lobby to keep their profits and not risk getting sacked by better teams
And that's why you'll never be better than Toluca & Tucano

cbf would need end states tournament in order to this work

*but not Brazil, Belgium, Argentina etc.

MLS doesn't make profits m8

*draws against venezuela*

Basically this.

>merge CONCACAF and CONMEBOL
>take the Middle Eastern nations out of AFC and add them to CAF
>merge the remaining AFC nations with OFC
>you're now left with UEFA, Americas, Pacific Asia and Africa+MENA
>12 UEFA spots, 7 Americas, 6 Pacific, 6 Africa, 1 host

I want this just to see Bolivia getting relegated to Concacaf.

Right, they are all there for fun. Just like FIFA, which is also a non profit organization. Gotcha.

>32 teams
48 teams are already approved, you need to adapt it

Honestly that would be great
If americans pour tons of money into football, a lot of that will eventually go to sudaca's teams when they increase money prizes for qualifying to Libertadores

With that american money we could improve stadiums, youth development and a ton of other shit. Maybe we could be on the level of UEFA

yeah but concacaf gets six it's basically guaranteed, anyone making the hex would be in now

Cont.

Teams that make it to UCL group stage make around 15~20 million euros
Teams in Libertadores group stage only make 3 million USD
No wonder the eurofags take all our talent

Do you seriously think Mexico and US would have a hard time qualifying in this format?

I see both mexico and US in league A, which guarantees you at least a slot in playoffs against league B shitters

Mexico would qualify, el americano I don't know, they can be real shit sometimes.

Question: Why is this necessary?
CONCACAF is like a containment zone for countries that don't give a shit about soccer and Mexico gets to dominate it for the foreseeable future. What would a merger do but dilute the overall quality of CONMEBOL?

Attached: 1490380119973.png (452x510, 402K)

>Mexico gets to dominate it for the foreseeable future
Not true, and we hate this

Just to make more money with bigger tournaments and give Bolivia a chance to feel good about their team.

Who else do you have to deal with besides maybe Costa Rica? The other Central American countries are too poor and small to field a particularly threatening squad and the Caribbean is baseball/cricket country.

That's the thing, we don't have to deal with anyone and still don't demolish the region. And even if we did, which we don't, it means nothing on the global stage. So really, being the king of the pile of shit (sometimes) is not good.

FIFA wants the game to get bigger, and for smaller countries to get better since better teams, more money, this is one way to do it.

FIFA went instead for more teams in the WC, but concacaf will just get blown up, being in conmebol would actually slowly improve them just like Venezuela went from joke to Bolivia++.

Sounds like you're playing at your level then. If Mexico can't dominate a confederation where they're literally the only country of size that cares about footy, how can you expect to compete in CONMEBOL?

This, you just become a big fish in a small pond and never improve since you're always playing crap day after day.

And since central america is mostly subhumans you don't even play your best 11 for the fear of being injured.

>how can you expect to compete in CONMEBOL?
It's not that I expect it. It's that we have competed in CONMEBOL multiple times. This might be shocking, but almost everyone, there, in Europe, Africa, etc. is just as shit.

Fuck that.

Let the racist/beaner tournament exchange cups every now and then between the us and mex.

Libertadores will be played as an unbiased SA tournament with the refs being racist only against the invited two teams, just as baby Jesus intended.

That's not necessarily how it works. It's not like Mexicans can only play in CONCACAF. There's nothing stopping Mexican players from playing in CONMEBOL and UEFA and bringing their experience to international tournaments. That's how American fans are seeing it, at least. We don't think we suck because we play in a borefest confederation, we suck because MLS keeps trying to keep our kiddies playing domestically instead of cutting their teeth in Europe like our few actual good players.

>There's nothing stopping Mexican players from playing in CONMEBOL
Except, you know, CONCACAF directives/chicano shekels/the fact that we can't afford to play to tournaments at the same time?

I'm talking about individual players, not your NT as a unit. Why do you think CONMEBOL NTs are so good? They play in European clubs.

MLS should add relegation just like the rest of the world, and try to become the pre Europe league by throwing big cash to conmebol players that are not 40 years old pensioners.

Yeah, there are two things, numbnuts: the Western Hemisphere and the equator.

>Mexico can win uefa. And libertadores. And lord stanley’s Cup. And the pennant and Lombardi trophies. And the final four. And the Oscars, Tony’s and Emmys.

Our shit players are overpriced because our internal market is overpriced thanks to Chivass, so not gonna happen.

MLS IS relegation. It’s the world class player’s retirement community. Zatlan and Rooney should be playing with tennis ball softened walkers.

Refer back to this post, smooth brain

Pro-rel is of course not sustainable as soccer in America currently exists but it should be within 10 years and in a perfect world, the USSF would be working on a multi-year plan to incrementally reform our division structure into a pro-rel pyramid with cohesive club mobility. Unfortunately, MLS is a franchise system created by investors and MLS voluntarily introducing pro-rel would be a violation of their terms of investment, so the whole process would be an absolute legal shitshow.
The move would have to be forced from above either from the USSF calling for a league reform (won't happen as long as USSF continues its incestuous relationship with MLS) or FIFA threatening sanctions for clear violation of the statute demanding division mobility. Being the corrupt cowards they are, I don't have high hopes for FIFA.

Ask Puerto Rico

Puerto Rico is a nation though, just not a country

Nobody in MLS makes money except the players.

The best teams are squeaking out profits in the singles of millions.

And the current owners will never agree to a relegation system, which wouldn't actually DO anything to magically make American players better, you dipshit.

It's more that with more money for the players, more of the actual top tier athletes would turn to soccer. New 6'6" pro players would just mog the manlet South American teams.

Mexico's best athletes all play soccer.

If you can't dominate the soccer backwaters, you guys are going to be perpetual also-rans in any real competition.

kek no, i love my ez ticket to the wc

thats just not how it works in a lot of sports. you think if you just gave brady or shaq a tennis racket he would beat federer, or gave them a golfclub they would beat tiger woods? some people are just talented at one sport. rooney is the least athletic person ever and got to the top of the game. athletes in football is larely a meme you need brains technique and skill

If you gave Shaq a tennis racket at 14...yes. Yes, Shaq would have decimated the pro tennis tour.

It's not about immediate transference of athleticism. It's about pipelines. Currently there's basically not soccer pipeline because soccer pros make in the low single digit millions. Why would you, as an elite level athlete, choose that over literally anything else?

Sure, there are going to be people who aren't ever going to compete in some sports. I'was a D1 collegiate baseball player. I was drafted, but so low that my chances at The Show were basically nil. I could also play basketball at a relatively high level (I walked on) and I was a nationally ranked cross country runner in high school. I wasn't good enough to start on our soccer team (3 All-Americans named while I was in high school), but I could play with them. If I'd played soccer for more than 4 years, I might have been pretty good. But soccer wasn't an option where I was; there were no travel teams and no ways to improve myself as a soccer player. But I was a travel team baseball player and I spent a lot of time training to run marathons, so my skills in those sports were nurtured and improved. Part of it is that marathons and baseball were my dad's things, so I naturally leaned toward them. But I played organized soccer most of my childhood. But that was it. There wasn't anywhere to go from there until we moved, and by that point I wasn't going to catch up to the kids who'd had those opportunities and I was settled into my sports.

Who is the kid on the right?
I know it's Xavi on the left but I can't place the one on the right.

Attached: who.png (1099x1600, 1.34M)

>Nobody in MLS makes money except the players.
You have absolutely no clue about your league's revenue, this is a retarded statement. Why is the MLS expanding teams continuously if there isn't a profit involved for the team owners?
>The best teams are squeaking out profits in the singles of millions.
No, it's higher than that. The issue is that MLS accounting hides it by saying the league itself is the one making the profit and not the teams, which doesn't include revenue from broadcasting rights, the real money maker. This site explains it well starsandstripesfc.com/2017/8/29/16088402/mls-money-owners-sum-major-league-soccer-marketing-usa-mexico-canada
>And the current owners will never agree to a relegation system, which wouldn't actually DO anything to magically make American players better, you dipshit.
They won't because owners, who personally get a cut from MLS profits - aside from the teams through redistribution - would possibly lose that money if their team gets relegated. That's why it won't happen. And yes, it does improve your team quality because it enables actual competition due to the winners earning more money as prizes, player transfers, marketing, etc. so it's an incentive to be on top. This is basic for any sport you fucking moron.
And this is also why you'll see articles wondering if the MLS is a Ponzi scheme on a huge scale
>It's more that with more money for the players, more of the actual top tier athletes would turn to soccer. New 6'6" pro players would just mog the manlet South American teams.
Tall players are good for headers but that's it, Messi is a manlet and taller players can't deal with him, Chile is smaller on average than the US and it doesn't matter since it's a collective game based on skill and tactical placement of players.

>Shaq
kek no, Shaq would have one of the worst reaction time in tennis

>If I'd played soccer for more than 4 years, I might have been pretty good.
Delusion.

I was also the same, and thought the same, but i actually had a chance to continue to play, and guess what - you are not gonna make it.

Eveyrone who made it already were a stars in their u-12 teams, the alphas of their u-12 teams and local middle school stars

because 92% of those who are u-12 stars dont make it into senior football.

YES OP CANT WAIT FOR BRAZIL TO SCORE 30 GOALS TO CURAÇHIT

I don't mean pro. As I noted, I *was* actually drafted to play baseball. I get how hard it is to reach the upper echelon of a sport.

I mean "maybe play D1 soccer."

international club competitions would be a bit of a hassle though. imagine nacional or peñarol having to play against whitecaps or ny city
but if usa/mexico bring more money to organize than it can be done

They would never play in the same division

The only thing stopping Mexico from going to CONMEBOL is CONCACAF, Mexico makes so much money in USA that they don't want to stop doing that shitty torunament every 2 years.

CONMEBOL and CONCACAF don't get to an agreement to allow Mexico to play there desu Mexico should have most of the power in the confederation why don't they use it?

The confederation could just make it a rule that after a long distance trip the team cannot play again before 72 hours have passed

The idea is to expand football in the americas. If the US market got more interested into football because now they are playing against famous countries instead of torero&toballo, that means more money for everyone

hard to do that with cbf because that would need the end of state championships and more money being thrown at them to compensate for the end of state champs

CONCACAF exists for one reason only: to allow Mexico and the USA into the World Cup.
We're so shit, that we don't even qualify half the time.
FIFA wants the lucrative North American market, and know they won't get it if the CONMEBOL juggernauts keep BTFO out of USA & Mexico.
Plus, the best money laundering is in the Caribbean. CONCACAF isn't going anywhere.

>Shaq
Dude was super slow his entire career, he wouldn't last a single set, sure would have a great serve, but that would be it since he's stupid slow, also since he's super tall any drop shot would end him.

He would be better as a GK, low shots would be his weakness, but he had the height to make up for it.

No, what CONCACAF doesn't want to lose is Copa de oro which make them a fuck ton of money, you have to make a similar competition.
Are you willing to have a torunament like that every 2 years?.

Why would they need Copa de Caca when they would have the glorious Full Copa America all the time.

Well they could keep their own Cup for the worst division teams, while the real ones go to Copa America, it would be just like Europa League and the Champions.

Lmao

Top tier bait

You weren't a nationally ranked cross country runner in high school if you spent other seasons not training. Sorry.

what would be the point??
watching matches like bolivia-guyana in a regular basis?

both conmebol and concacaf are doing fine,USA dint even qualify last WC proving the small central countries have a chance
here in the south,peru got to qualify and chile and paraguay,to countries that have WC history dint qualify

Nah he was, he's the mythical american black athlete good at everything and would dominate Football but they don't want to.

Then what is the point?

Better teams in the WC now instead of caribe shitters, also eventually caribe shitters may become better.

Look into it. It's a pyramid scheme with franchise fees right now. Owners are hoping it achieves enough scale to be profitable in the future.

>Mexico's best athletes all play soccer.
No, they box.

>This is what mexichango believes
Every single one of your boxing legends would have drop that shit in a second to become a footballer, they just sucked at it.

Money, copa america without guests, and nations league which would be cool in A league and incredibly fun when eventually a big country gets relegated

>Every single one of your boxing legends would have drop that shit in a second to become a footballer
AHAHAHAHAHA

NO

>you can't play a sport and run 5 miles a day
lol

i would love to see brazil vs canada in january though

Dude i even made a calendar, there are no matches in january

Amusing but the worst it gets is late Autumn/early snow.

>caribe shitters may become better
Exactly how much better to you expect islands with 50,000 people to get?

But I enjoy our qualifying league. It´s comfy if difficult.

No other confederation has it so it's very unique.

If part time dentists can go the WC you can too.

I love it too, the thing is that when the 48 teams world cups begin is going to be shit
A 10 team league with 6,5 slots lacks any tension
That's why we need a nations league, to preserve a league format with some kind of tension

at least curaçao is playing in the GC right now, you shitters choked against guadeloupe and montserrat last year, in fact, only by luck your country isn't in fucking league C in CNL

Attached: CONCACAF-MÉXOC.png (651x480, 383K)

>Full Copa America
>No NA team ever wins
>NA fans tune out
>FIFA loses money
>Oro becomes "Least Incompetent Caribbean NT Trophy"

Wow, brilliant plan.

Are you delusional, or do you just not realize how lucrative of an opportunity boxing is?

Yea ur right, USA always qualif-

what is this? a Royal Caribbean Cruiseline itinerary?

it's the ConCACAf Nations League, it will start in september

Attached: 1561298920693.png (1920x1080, 1.26M)

This is a shit idea. Only fifa would support it and fifa cannot make any good decision