Ireland, Scotland and Northern Ireland should create their own league

Ireland, Scotland and Northern Ireland should create their own league.

The league would consist of 12 teams: the 4 provinces of Ireland (which could not be relegated) and 8 teams of Scotland (that could be relegated). Underneath would be the Scottish Championship.

The reason why Irish teams shouldn't be relegated is to build up their teams as well as to build interest in them among Irish fans. This might seem unfair to Scotland but it would be a big benefit to them to capture the Irish TV market.

Attached: scotland ireland.jpg (400x320, 65K)

>The reason why Irish teams shouldn't be relegated is to build up their teams as well as to build interest in them among Irish fans
this is the most american thing I've ever heard, and you're not even american

This may seem stupid, but the provinces system is basically the only reason Ireland are even moderately successful in rugby.
I'd rather just have increased investment in Irish club football though.

>the 4 provinces of Ireland (which could not be relegated) and 8 teams of Scotland (that could be relegated)
I smell fenians

It's pretty much the only way to get the Irish to care.

>increased investment
You Irish are so funny. I don't know why it's always about investment with you. It doesn't have in England (except from foreign billionaires).

no

/thread

I just mean that a larger proportion of the money that's already going to the FAI should be put back into the game at a club level. The previous FAI Chief Executive had a salary that was greater than the total prize money given to the team that finished second in the national league.

t. seething Hamilton Academical fan

based, corrupt Delaney

Also,
>It doesn't have in England (except from foreign billionaires).

Attached: premier league payouts.png (1347x757, 961K)

I don't want to share a team with Rovers and Drogheda fans

based

Attached: 1584211.jpg (1500x1051, 179K)

Yeah but that's not from the FAI, which is what I take to mean by the use of 'investment.'

they're payments from the league to the clubs

>It's pretty much the only way to get the Irish to care
The league here needs more promotion but you've to understand that soccer is our 4th sport.
I'm not agreeing about establishing 4 provinces instead of our old clubs, mostly because it will only alienate all the actual supporters of the local league that we already have, and I don't think it will attract the sky customers in their Liverpool and United shirts away from their coaches.

This is a fucking atrocious plan, even before you got to the bullshit about having different rules for different teams in the same competition.
Never post on this board again.

Attached: arnie stop.jpg (194x259, 8K)

HON MUNSTER

SCORE SOME FECKIN GOALS

a Unified Irish League would be best, Scotland is on their own.

>burger
>thinks Ireland should be unified
Every single time.

Invite Wales, Cornwall, and Brittany as well and it'd be based.

Do you even know why we have separate FA's?

This is the kinda shit I'd do on CM.

>Anonymous 06/21/19(Fri)04:50:02 No.93615371▶
Because Dublin. That's why.

Twice a deal was on the table for an all-island FA/league and twice Dublin fucked it at the last second putting in crazy demands pulled out of their holes.

The logistics are a disaster. There are no direct public transport connections between most of the cities and large towns on the island of Ireland so fans travelling will have a nightmare.

That is before the Scots are involved.

There were valid reasons the Scots & Welsh did not vote for a Rugby World Cup here.

An all-island league would work first but for that you need fewer teams at high level and better transport links. The IFA will also not want to be swallowed up as the suits will lose out.

Neither will happen with the current shower at the FAI.

>excluding the other Celtic nations
Add representative teams from Isle of Man and Cornwall as well as 4 from Brittany to make it a proper league of 18.

Attached: celticnations12.png (204x225, 23K)

nobody wants to watch celts play football, or sports for that matter. theyre just not built for athletic competition.

>gordon strachan says scottish genetics are why they never win.jpg

>Aberdeen
>Cardiff City
>Celtic
>Cork City
>Cornwall County
>Crusaders
>Derry City
>Dundalk
>Dundee United
>Guingamp
>Hearts
>Hibernian
>Isle of Man
>Kilmarnock
>Linfield
>Lorient
>Motherwell
>Nantes
>Newport County
>Rangers
>Rennes
>Shamrock Rovers
>Swansea City
>Wrexham

46 game season like the lower leagues. The bottom four are replaced by the top teams in their domestic leagues (if they meet league requirements).

Soccer is the most popular sport in Ireland bar none

It's definitely more popular than rugby and hurling but I think it's tight between it and Gaelic

irish football should be eliminated
the only sports allowed should be rugby, gaelic football, and hurling

The 4 provinces thing would actually be pretty cool. Would probably make me care about Irish soccer.

European places should be places on league position though regardless of country. Not like the way it used to be in rugby to get Irish teams in Europe no matter how shit they were

>I don't think it will attract the sky customers in their Liverpool and United shirts away from their coaches

This here is the main reason the LOI is so shit and they are seriously too thick to understand why.