Why do americans care so much about youth sports?

why do americans care so much about youth sports?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-20 Watch adults turn a 7-year-olds’ baseball game into an all-out brawl.png (1448x791, 1.24M)

you're American, so you tell me why

>Why do americans
>that flair
Please turn off your VPN

> implying that isn’t a paco who just recently was released from his holding camp

Lmao, that South Park episode is true after all

*concentration camp

is there a hand holding camp I can go to?

Believe the bullshit propaganda. Obama and bush used those same camps for the immigrants to process them. Only brainlet libs didn’t read that full article from the hill

I fucking wish.

how many died then

Because the American social safety net is non-functional, so collegiate athletic scholarships are virtually the only chance for your children to have a better life unless you're already in the upper middle class (and can afford to send them to a private school where their grades will be perfect).

I played baseball all the way through college largely because my dad loves baseball unequivocally (I could take it or leave it) but the most telling part of baseball, for me, was the travel team shit that you really have to see to believe. My dad, despite loving baseball himself, was really careful not to try to live vicariously through me. He spent almost all his time coaching other kids.

But the other dads (and moms) would lose their shit when I got started over their kid. Keep in mind I was an All-State 3B and on the travel team I was playing catcher because -- and this is important -- literally only one other kid could and he was our ace pitcher. Everyone else lacked the arm strength to make the throw to second base from their knees. So I played virtually every game, either at 3B or C. I was an average hitter (somewhere around .350 on the travel team, collegiate career is .303) but I had the big arm to play both positions and I have zero collegiate career errors.

Every day the coach would post the lineup, I'd be on it, and Timmy's dad (or Billy's dad, or whomever was sitting) would lose his shit about how "his boy was a better player" and "I wasn't playing for the same stakes" as my dad made the mistake of admitting I had a 529 to pay for college, so the scholarship was't important for me -- ended up being semi-true, I got into a better school because of baseball.

You see, when scouts came to watch games (which was usually a couple times a week) their kids NEEDED to be playing to be scouted, so they could get the scholarship offers. One mom literally got arrested because the coaches had her son on the bench when the Yale scouts were at the game.

Not nearly enough.

Living their long gone youth vicariously through their spawns

>Because the American social safety net is non-functional
lol didn't read the rest faget

>Concentration camps where people who are trying to come to this country are kept in better then prison environments and given health services so they can be processed for immigration status then returned home if not qualified
Yeah this is the worst concentration camp ever

cont'd

So for those parents it's not just a kid's game. It's serious fucking business. It's their kid's future and their future and all of the hopes and dreams all wrapped up into one giant clusterfuck of emotional trauma and disillusionment.

Things were better on the high school team because there was one simple rule: no fucking parents at practices. Any parent who complained to a coach was asked to leave and told (not asked, told) they were barred from games for the rest of the season. The play was still pretty serious for some of the kids and I'd ask the coaches to let our second-string 3B play if I wasn't feeling confident in my swing because he was a friend.

Some context notes: I'm from New England, from an old money family (which means we're doing all right, but we're not 1%ers), and went to what was at the time one of the top 50 public schools in the country (a deliberate decision instead of a prep school, which my parents could afford). My high school teammates came from slightly more mixed backgrounds, but the "poor" kids were still living in single family homes and such. No trailer parks.

American colleges have SEPARATE admissions slots for recruited athletes. I was recruited by an Ivy League school and thus got into said Ivy League school because I wasn't in the same queue as everyone else. My SAT score, for reference, was a 1520. Great, but not Ivy League great all on its own. Baseball absolutely got me in, and the athletics scholarship meant that I paid about 1/3 of the "sticker price" for my education.

This is why American parents lose their shit at a 7 year old's baseball game.

he's right tho

>being this mad about facts

Attached: kysmm.jpg (460x276, 28K)

Wish it was as bad as that, would deter them from coming over to begin with.

The real, non-meme reasons:
1. America is huge. We have single States that dwarf entire European countries. The “local” pro team could be a literal day’s drive away whereas your local college is down the road.

2. *Some* pro teams are more comparable to a corporation than a community. They treat fans like customers and it’s offputting. This point is subjective #1 is the reason most Americans will give if you ask them offline and on the street

Well put. It discounts that some Americans are just violent pricks who would as soon pick a fight over the last bucket of fried chicken at the grocery store.

the real question is why is college so expensive and i wonder what so admin salaries are at these schools

Chat shit get banged

Predilection to violence is hard to quantify. Is it AMERICANS that are violent, or a certain subsection of Americans? But I'm certainly not going to discount it's likely a factor.

Amusingly I can answer this. Entry-level admin jobs at a private non-profit university are roughly 60,000 a year. Adjust according to locale, of course. They favor graduates of the school (of course), and especially prize minority graduates. At the top end (25+ years) of non-leadership jobs it's between 120 and 150k. Leadership jobs inflate comically much like C-suite pay.

My wife briefly worked for our alma mater as an admin and made 85k. They were sorry to see her go because they lost their sole Native American admissions adviser.

>Is it AMERICANS that are violent, or a certain subsection of Americans?
It's a certain subsection of people worldwide. If you think it's everyone or close to everyone you're not thinking, we would be in chaos if that's the case

SOUL

>give me gibs I don’t qualify for or else I make an ass out of myself at a teeball field
Holy fucking yikes reddit

no it's just some ivory tower northeastern goober who thinks his goofy ass situation was an actual issue and applies it to the rest of the country he has no contact with
>collegiate athletic scholarships are virtually the only chance for your children to have a better life unless you're already in the upper middle class
yep they totally make trailer trash and hoodrats pay full sticker tuition. who the fuck is a dumb enough asshole to pay full sticker unless they are upper middle income or above?

t. poor bamafat