How true is the assertion that black people invented rock music...

How true is the assertion that black people invented rock music? I know of all the greats in the 50's who kickstarted modern rock, but European folk music from way back has a very rock reminiscent sound, if you take traditional Irish music from hundreds of years ago even, there are strong roots to modern rock music.

I'm not /pol/ by any means, I'm just really curious about whether it's fair to just say chuck berry completely invented rock music.

Attached: IMG_0489.jpg (1200x1515, 268K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nypost.com/2017/03/21/the-dark-past-of-chuck-berrys-scandal-filled-sex-life/
efukt.com/21881_Chuck_Berry_Farting_On_Hookers.html
jimgoad.net/index.shtml?chuckberry
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>backtopol.jpg

Not true at all.
Beethoven invented Metal, Jazz and Rock.

I hope you're joking

Please tell me this is bait.

>BLUES, JAZZ, AND ROCK WERE ALL INVENTED BY EUROPEANS AND SAYING OTHERWISE IS MARXIST LEFTIST BLACKWASHING FUELED BY A DESIRE TO ERASE THE CULTURAL HERITAGE OF GOOD CHRISTIAN WHITE PEOPLE
JFC white people. It's ok for black people to come up with things you like.

Attached: Je773hs772bhr.jpg (470x470, 97K)

Early rocknroll includes a lot of elements of folk, country and other european genres, blacks gave it a push to their own direction but if blacks never existed we'd likely still have something very similar to rock that we have today

No you wouldn't have had modern rock without the blues.

Did you even read my post? Dont let your insecurity get ahead of logic user

We wouldn't have something similar to the rock we have today because blues is essential to the sound of rock music, so the last part is incorrect. We would have something essentially different.

>chuck berry completely invented rock music.

He also installed a hidden camera in the ladies bathroom of a restaurant he owned and recorded women and young girls on the can.

nypost.com/2017/03/21/the-dark-past-of-chuck-berrys-scandal-filled-sex-life/

I mean early predecessors of rock are pretty clearly a product of the environment in the southern united states in the 19th and early 20th centuries which was anything but a monoculture, but this desire to minimize the role of black people in it's development is crazy pills territory. Whether or not OP is baiting, there are plenty of team color tards that push that noise.

Yeah I'm thinking he's based.

based

>blues is essential to the sound of rock music
in what way?

In the way that the chord progressions, use of blues notes, phrasing in melodies and beat in rock music is a product of black rnb music.

read a fucking history book bro

lol

chord progression and phrasing in melodies is a product of many different genres combined, many of which were european

'Black' and 'white' music in America steal from eachother a lot with success on both sides

The 12 bar blues is one of the most common progressions in rock especially in early rock. The syncopated phrasing in melodies is also coming out of rnb music. Also, African American music is Western, and so it operates in a European framework. Saying rock is black music isn't saying its from Africa, its from the genres and cultures which black America created.

Rock music is an American invention, and yes blacks invented it. Whites took it over, and the only reason you think European folk music has a rock sound is because lots of European bands began incorporating those influences into rock music.

All rock music is rooted in American blues, which would of course go on to other things and in some cases lose any blues influence at all, but those are the roots of it.

how does the fact that blues were important for early rocks development contradict what I said? Without blues rock would be more like country and folk and vice versa. You're trying to undermine the influence european genres had
not sure why you'd mention that africa part but ok

by european I mean white

>how does the fact that blues were important for early rocks development contradict what I said?
*important for rocks developments. Even later rock music in the 70's and 80's makes heavy use of blues notes and blues phrasing.
And because you said we would have something similar. It wouldn't be very similar, it would lack one of the most important parts of its development (rnb) That's like saying without Hadyn, Mozart and Beethoven classical music would've sounded essentially the same. They defined the sound of that genre/era numbness. Are you too retarded to use basic logic? No ones undermining the influence of country music on rock, you made a claim which is factually incorrect to try and undermine one of if not the most important parts of rocks development by saying it was just blacks giving it a push.

I should also mention the later rock which has less blues influence (like pink Floyd) has even LESS country influence. So that argument doesn't work either.

>RACE RACE RACE RACE LET'S TALK ABOUT RACE RACE RACE
damn i kind of don't care
unepic and cringepilled, kind of a snooze moment
gonna go take a shit

Races don't exist.

you're starting to seethe already lol
i never said that it would sound essentially the same, i said that we'd have something similar to rock due to the fact that genres influenced it were european. Are you too retarded to read? Or perhaps too insecure?

>BRAAAAAP "And you can smell my fart. Piss on ya, that’s what I’m doin’. Pissin’ all over you"

>"I can't kiss you, your face smells like piss"

>"Give my ass a little kiss. Kiss it." BRAAAAAAP

efukt.com/21881_Chuck_Berry_Farting_On_Hookers.html

jimgoad.net/index.shtml?chuckberry

i don't see the relevancy of that to thread... but yeah i'll have to say this is pretty based

>i said that we'd have something similar
No, you said we'd have something very similar. But it wouldn't be very similar. It would be essentially different. It would be a completely different type of music born of out of different influences and lacking some of its most recognizable characteristics.

based
cringe

>by european I mean white
So do I.

White European bands added European folk influence to what was a strictly American genre before. Funny you mention country, country had a bigger impact on rock music than European folk when it was in it's infancy. Ever heard of Elvis?

holy shit, fuck this faggot

your logic is retarded, one genre of music is essentially different from the other because it lacks one part of its characteristics? going by that logic all genres, including subgenres are essentially different

>How true is the assertion that black people invented rock music?

It’s nothing but politicaly correct historical revisionism.

It’s ridiculous to claim jazz, blues and rock & roll were invented by Blacks and are somehow rooted in African music, when Blacks had been living in the U.S. for hundreds of years across multiple generations while being immersed in Euro-American culture the entire time, which included Euro-American folk music (which is in fact the basis for jazz, blues and rock & roll).

Attached: euro-american folk music William Sidney Mount - Dance of the Haymakers 1845.jpg (1026x864, 734K)

what the fuck

This

It's not one of its characteristics, its one of the most important characteristics. It's like saying classical music would be very similar without Hadyn, Mozart and Beethoven. They defined the sound of that era, its' just factually incorrect. Without them it's not even clear you could speak of the Classical era in the same way let alone as having a very similar sound. There would be no rock music without blues, it would be an essentially different genre of music.
African Americans invented jazz, blues and rock. Like I said saying they are black music is saying they are music which was created by black America not Africans.

>Africans belonged to white people in America therefore their culture belongs to white people in America

Yikes.

> African Americans invented jazz, blues and rock.

Nonsense, all those genres were developed over time by a whole bunch of musicians of various ethnicities but those genres are still all derived from Euro-American folk music.

> Africans belonged to white people in America therefore their culture belongs to white people in America

Black-Americans are really the only true exclusive Americans, as their society is wholly Americanized with no connection to the their ancestor’s original African culture, whereas every other ethnic groups still has a connection to the mother country (or tribes, in the case of Indians).

Attached: Euro-American folk music.jpg (2400x1445, 1.61M)

>Nonsense, all those genres were developed over time by a whole bunch of musicians of various ethnicities but those genres are still all derived from Euro-American folk music.
No they aren't. Jazz is mainly derived from the blues, ragtime and marching band music and has more impressionist influence than it does from European folk music. Where are you getting off thinking this? All the major developments in jazz were the result of almost entirely black musicians.

Black music was a crucial ingredient in rock music, but they didn't "invent" it.

/thread

Well the people who started playing rock n roll first were black people so I think that's enough to say that they started it. Doesn't matter if there was european influences, they still did it first.

>/thread your own post
cringe

Irish slaves taught that music to black slaves, so according to the shlomeboys blacks created it.

are you ok, nog?

>no connection to the their ancestor’s original African culture

not true at all. rythms and melodies from African tribal music were brought by the slaves and incorporated in their music. who are you trying to kid?

Mods please...

There isn’t an ethnic group in history that has been subjected to more forced cultural assimilation then Black-Americans, they have zero connection to their ancestor’s African culture and there is absolutely nothing “African” about jazz, blues or rock & roll, theses genres are wholly derived from the Euro-American folk music that Blacks were immersed in from the moment they set foot in America and for all their generations since.

Attached: euro-american folk music.jpg (736x1016, 202K)