Does anyone else somewhat expect extreme metal to abruptly supersede rap in the coming decade?

Does anyone else somewhat expect extreme metal to abruptly supersede rap in the coming decade?

Attached: l.jpg (600x900, 44K)

Normalfags arent gonna listen to extreme metal m8

No, extreme metal isn't even going to supersede the other metal genres.

Rap is going to implode upon itself just like hair metal & hard rock did in the early 90s eventually, probably in the next few years. But it won't be fucking metal that replaces it kek.

dissection sucks. they claim to be a black metal band when in fact they're metalcore. not even a hint of darkness in their overly technical, soulless, overproduced wank.

What are those other metal genres that are more popular than extreme metal?

When did they claim black metal?

Satanic lyrics is not the same as black metal fuck your trips

kek
no
Good luck marketing that stuff to normies, use it in adverts or movie trailers and stuff.

I think industrial might be making a comeback or just metal with more electronics in general, the genre still has a lot of potential but metalfags are usually very conservative about their sound and hate any kind of electronic stuff

>dissection sucks. they claim to be a black metal band when in fact they're metalcore
>LARPs as a metal elitist
>doesn't know what metalcore is

Further proof that currently on Yea Forums, all the "black metal fans" are poseurs and non metalheads. Stick to The Smiths fagola, you're no metalhead.

Tech death through avenues like The Artisan Era and Season of Mist seem to be attracting a lot of people. I live in a fairly nice area and all the kids listen to hip hop though.

>you're no metalhead
thanks for the compliment bruh

Yeah, shit like sutrah or deviant process is next level

>thanks for the compliment bruh
Sure. Now stop pretending to be a metalhead and go back to listening to shoegays and "post rock" you little faggot. We don't like you or want you around us at shows.

Attached: hipsters-.jpg (500x417, 68K)

It's okay dude, no one wants to be around metalheads.
Hardcore metal fans who listen to nothing but that and act all high and mighty because of this, who go all elitistic about liking a genre that's not even hard to get into past the initial edge are a big reason metal is not and will not be taken seriously.

Pretty bad b8 although it still worked

close but synthwave or metal-synth is gonna be big with the zoomers when they get older.

>yada yada yada
You wish you were a metalhead, but you won't be accepted because you're a fake phony. Nobody likes phony fucks, punks don't like you, rap fags don't like you either.

Heavy metal, power metal, the most popular thrash metal bands.

satanic lyrics wasted on soulless dogshit that doesn't even exude a tiny little bit of darkness.
their music is just about as dark as the soundtrack for the disney movie where mickey mouse is dressed like a wizard. same exact vibes on their horseshit music.
satan chose my post because its the truth.
cry more about it.
Hypothermia's Raksbladsvalsen part III has more darkness in it than dissection's entire discography combined even without the fake ass satanic lyrics
I'd also like to add fuck watain, fuck immortal, fuck emperor, fuck mgla, fuck batyushka, and fuck behemoth with their fake ass poser shit

As much as people would prefer not to admit it, nu-metal, alt metal, and metalcore are all still much more popular than extreme metal as well.

Can you imagine a festival in which idk, Cannibal Corpse, arguably one of the biggest DM bands, gets anywhere near a headlining spot on a bill with say idk.....Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Anthrax, Judas Priest, Slipknot, Korn, Rob Zombie, Killswitch Engage, Deftones, and all the other typical faces? Hell no.

Behemoth for whatever reason has become pretty big over the years, I always found them pretty damn boring, but even they aren't as popular as a lot of bands from other genres.