Are the beatles overrated?

are the beatles overrated?

Attached: 3421234523412341.jpg (1110x1110, 195K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/RUkyI4MEsmI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

they were gorgeous and they could sing. i don't see any problem

It’s complicated

yes

yes in some ways, but they're still very good and pretty universally enjoyable

The only band that deserves to be overrated.

Peak NPCcore, insult them and normalfags react like you just ran into a church on a Sunday screwing "JESUS IS A FAG"

Screaming* forgive me for phoneposting

I thought they were overrated until I really gave Abbey Rd, Sgt Peppers and the white album a good listen.

very overrated but still a fun band. probably the worst fanbase of all time though.

Listen to Revolver

I would say no, but I'm biased

I would say no. Every music fan likes them. no one can hate the beatles. Even if you aren’t a big fan, there’s always something in their discography that you can enjoy. The fact that they are still being discussed to this day shows how vital their compositions were and how their love for music continues to inspire musicians.

Not really, they were indeed very important. Of course if you magically remove them from history then someone else would have taken their place, but even so, they did exist so they were indeed important.

this is true and Idk why because they don't really listen to the beatles that much

they were important in the same way michael jackson is considered "important". they didn't do anything that hasn't been already done before. they were just sensational, and that's about it.

they boring

LET’S MAKE YOUR OWN BEATLES
>Playboi Carti
>Clairo
>Lil Uzi Vert
>Lou Reed

I can tell you're a 9th grade zoomie.

based zoom

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.

oh shut up.
"The Beatles suck" is the coldest music hot take around. desu it's more of a hot take nowadays to say they live up to the boomer hype.

No.

No, they absolutely did innovate, just not quite as much as is usually claimed.

probably but not by a ton. they're a great band

>le "HOW CAN YOU HATE POPULAR THING"
no different than marvel/disney fans

You didn't have to reply with this.

They're underrated

I was into Beatles when I was like in the 6th grade it’s not my fault that you Beatlesfags are still on the mental level of a child

John Lennon ____ his ____

top three most overrated of all time. There with Nirvana and Sex Pistols.

No, it's like saying Mozart is overrated. Their musical merits are beyond the point, it's about the blueprint they invented and their impact

i think people conflate how much they are discussed with "overrated"

they're actually underrated when you really think about it

This post is the opposite of based

I suppose you could argue that if the were removed from history, several bands would have to replace them. It's very rare that one band can achieve as much as they did.

As for being overrated, idk, I love most of their albums and i think they deservedly get their praise. Also I barely hear their music about these days (except for that Yesterday movie last year), so they're for sure not overplayed today.

And yet you have nothing to say

if you really think otherwise then you probably don't know what being based means. go back to circlejerking with your normie friends over your Revolver vinyl on instagram.

First-rate when it comes to songwriting craft but try to explain it to scaruffifags whose theoretical knowledge of music amounts to NUH UH THE DOODOOS HAD AKSHULLY SITARS ON THEIR OBSCURE LP A YEAR EARLIER.

Yardbirds already had a sitar in one of their tracks before Rubber Soul came out. they're not very obscure.

Because you are a fag

thanks for proving his point

That's incorrect.

Abbey Road and Magical Mystery Tour are too good to call them overrated

stop being in denial, beatard.
youtu.be/RUkyI4MEsmI

I used to think they were but then I heard John Lennon beat his wife and realized they were based

I was in dark times listening to the Beatles, they comfort me. For actually 5 almost 6 months have I listened to them most of the time for my emotions. You really don't get it.

I thought beatles didn't know any music theory stuff. Just did what sounded good no? Isn't that why people get impressed by it more?

>
i'm dying

They're underrated
Untrue, most young people today don't care for the Beatles. I was at a college bar with my mates recently and as I was putting on The Beatles on one of those touch screen jukeboxes a girl was flipping off the screen. Had to sit through that "I hate you and you and yoouuuuuuu" song and Roxanne (the new one, not the one by the Police) before In My Life came on.

Point is you’re a contrarian loser if you can’t hear the genius in the Beatles

MC Ride
Michael Gira
Sean Lennon
Beethoven

My favorite Beatle is Stuart Sutcliffe

Attached: Stuart Sutcliffe.jpg (496x654, 180K)

No, but they're definitely fading out slightly

Sneed
Chuck
Farmer #1
Farmer #2

lol

yes

Yup. They were Pop-Trash of the 1960's. Boomer nostalgia makes them "Muh Icons"

The Beatles aren't capeshit, though. Their songs have wonderful compositions, melodies and lyrics and all.

still there's more reasons to hate marvel than the Beatles

I don't think The Beatles can ever be overrated.