Tfw you keep thinking it's a C you hear in your mind but it's actually a G

>tfw you keep thinking it's a C you hear in your mind but it's actually a G

Attached: 14479687687.jpg (395x336, 25K)

perfect pitch is a meme and make for bad musicians

fuck i've had that before

I want to believe that but it also sounds like cope

While I have even poor relative pitch I'm fine if I mime playing an imaginary guitar neck and find the note that way. Seems sufficient.

I don't think you want perfect pitch anyway, I know a couple of people so afflicted and its just like some sort of autism thing where anything out of tune upsets them (church bells, beeping noises from electronic devices etc).

just develop relative pitch bro perfect pitch is a meme

like the other user said relative is what really matters.
chet baker could play anything as long as he knew where to start

Perfect pitch is something that can be trained in children, is real, and helps with composition. Anything else is cope.

>I know a couple of people so afflicted and its just like some sort of autism thing where anything out of tune upsets them
No, those people are just ostensibly complaining so they can brag.
>oh my god can we even with this church bell? It is supposed to be an A but it’s a little sharp! Oh my god so annoying!
So fucking what. I can hear out of tune harmony and I don’t cry like a bitch. Everyone I’ve known with perfect pitch is incredibly annoying and wants to remind everyone of their perfect pitch constantly.

I knew someone who’d try to have perfect pitch, tune her guitar to it and then be a semitone out on each string, it’s just an exercise in trying to look smart

>developing tinnitus in children

Go to hell you monster

What if you're actually perfectly accurately and RELIABLY the same amount off? So reliably that you can compensate it because you know how off you are with the right results but it "feels wrong"?

Perfect retardation pitch?

Attached: 1530484472529.jpg (699x699, 300K)

Stop hearing overtones bro

how

Probably this.
In my case, I'm usually only a half step or two off of what the note is... and I can only do it when I focus and think of pieces I've heard before that have a note that really stands out that I know. For example, the starting G in Rachmainoff's prelude in g minor stands out in my mind as a distinct note that I can imagine and then confirm by playing on piano.

>I'm usually only a half step or two off of what the note is...
This.
It is fucking enraging.

Attached: 1270684478040.jpg (432x288, 51K)

We're so close and yet so far. In the end, does it even matter?

Yes.

Attached: 14423857252.jpg (2000x1762, 218K)

I thought I figured out a chord sequence of a song, but i was on the V of each chord instead of the I

I don't believe this since the augmented 4th should have given it away.

Amen.

>tfw love making nice melodies but completely failing at having control over finding the right chords to go with them, especially ones fitting the mood
I hate how it seems like I can only find the right ones by accident and not just knowing which ones to use or at least knowing which one could work really well.

Attached: 123751487154.jpg (406x551, 102K)

hey man music is all subjective. my C might be your G it doesn't matter man just chill and do whatever you know :)

I know that feel

Everything you listen to causes tinnitus. Tinnitus is inevitable.

I have “perfect pitch” but if I’m asked to sing a note or if I try to tune a guitar / bass by ear, it’s always a little flat. Just sounds better to me.

lmao, why is there medication shilling right in the wiki introduction?

Attached: wikiwat.png (621x670, 88K)

Why would you assume anything is in any key in the first place if you don't have perfect pitch?

HOW

Wtf, might buy that now