Do you agree with Wilt Chamberlain Yea Forums?

> What i said to Michael was that when you are so great that the league tries to change the rules to stop your dominance then you can claim yourself as the GOAT. Every rule change that has happened during your career was implemented to make it easier for your game

Attached: D13C8AB3-C791-4DEC-9927-1FC47611C40F.jpg (881x1200, 182K)

Is he the real goat then?

Attached: george_mikan.jpg (560x700, 51K)

imagine this: Pele scored 700 goals when offside didnt exist

Messi will finish with over 700 goals when offside exists plus he was never the #9

When did nba players start cleaning their underarm hair?

It wasn't really implemented to make it easier on him. It was more like they didn't want smaller guys driving to the basket getting their head knocked off their shoulders every time they found their lay-up line. Jordan just benefited from it because outside of his "I don't need a screen, lemme take this fool" shots, he went pretty close to the basket for his two points. I think Wilt would have thrived under the better safety regulations too, but at the same time, because of how he was, I don't think he'd win more than the odd Championship as a second option. I don't know why he was so obsessed with statistics.

>imagine this: Pele scored 700 goals when offside didnt exist
Where did you get this fake news from?

Tom Brady btfo

Aaron Rodgers btfo

Because in Pele's time the modern offside didn't exist. And Wiki has Pele's official goal count at 761 from 1957–1977 and Messi can score his 700th this Copa America. He'd only be 60 official goals behind Pele at the age of 31/32.

basketball was a babby sport in Wilt's time and they were changing shit all the time to make the game function

In Pele's time, kicking a player and going in two-footed went unpunished more often than not, the ball was essentially a bowling ball when wet and your boots were cement shoes after about 30 games. You put Messi in against the old monsters of Botafogo or Benfica, he'd be Eusebio's ball-boy.

t. Guy who actually held an old football and whose dad owns one of Ian St. John's old boots. How did those even pass the fucking standard?

Wilt scored 100 points as a rookie 23 year old against part time accountants. If he is the GOAT then the Women's soccer team is the greatest in history since no one ever scored 13-0 at the world cup.

Attached: wilt.jpg (1354x894, 128K)

Nope, Pele scored 700 goals when yellow card didn't exist, the ball had almost two times the weight it has now and there were no hormones to help manlets play a professional sport

I agree that the 60s were the toughest era, though. Smaller league, more focused talent .. every team was essentially a mini-Superteam and you had to grind it 80 times against them, instead of encountering a "tanking team" or a "playoff hopeful" like you do today.

it's easier to keep possession with a heavier ball, messi would dance around everyone in the 60s like garrincha except he would also score as much as pele

Attached: Ds-2vywXoAA-OEM-1.jpg (960x1200, 223K)

The context to this quote was they were at the 97 top 50 players of all time. Wilt and mj were having a super heated debate. Screaming at each other. Wilt used it as the final mark "Michael had no response"

>Because in Pele's time the modern offside didn't exist.

Yes, thats a load of shit. Where do you even get that from?

The only rule change made was in favor of attackers. Offside rule was harsher during Pele's time.
>In 1990 the law was amended to adjudge an attacker as onside if level with the second-to-last opponent. This change was part of a general movement by the game's authorities to make the rules more conducive to attacking football and help the game to flow more freely.

Attached: averagefieldinpeleera.jpg (776x419, 56K)

Does that mean Nickell Robey-Coleman is the goat?

Attached: 61D863B5-C84B-4D82-8617-D9E3AC69E568.png (512x512, 85K)

wilt? mj?

Kareem was the GOAT.

Messi wouldn't even play in the '60s since he is a manlet who needed hormone treatment to play at the professional level

Jordan
Russell
Kareem
LeBron
Wilt
Duncan
Shaq
Kobe
Bird
Magic

there's your top 10 GOATs. first half in order, latter half not

Daily remind that Wilt was so obsessed with stats and individual accomplishment that he was never ejected, with 5 fouls he stopped defending no matter what
Glorified statpadder not even top 10 all time

lolno heavy ball would work against messi
lol
I just researched the rules on hand checking. I've played some bball recently and I was confused on how I was supposed to stop people from driving on me while I was defending. it seemed legitimately impossible without being able to body check like in soccer.
now I understand that an important rule was eliminated in order to allow people to play offence easier.
ultimately I decided that a basketball is more dynamic to posses than a soccer ball because it's possible to carry the ball fully to the opposite side of the defense while you drive.`