Why is Iverson so disrespected?

> Mainstream sports media outlets absolutely hate him
> Normalfags who parrot the Media hate him
> Actual NBA players love him & named him the 5th best player ever

Attached: 36650C60-512C-4133-A282-4F67292E3AAB.jpg (652x489, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lzJp2XeDMBQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because he didn't show up to practice.

because he wasnt a good goy

Ive honestly never heard of this guy

Establishment hates real niggas who make it out of the hood.

I watched a documentary about his life. He was fucked over bad as a kid. Any word if he really was involved in that shit?

I've never heard any of this stuff because I'm white but the black kids at my elementary school in the 00s loved him, so I'm gonna call bull

during the years i liked basketball (mid 90s to mid 00s), he was my second favorite player to Shaq
pure entertainment

This is why
> 1. David Stern hated Iverson for introducing the hip hop culture into the game
> 2. David Stern was also desperate for a new face of the NBA, and originally pitched the idea to Iverson
> 3. Iverson was offended that they wanted him to drop his entire identity simply to fit the traditional view of how a Superstar should look & act. So he refused
> 4. Due to Stern’s desperation for the next Jordan he had no choice to back Iverson as the face of the league, this changed when Kobe had his breakout season in 2002.
> 5. Now that Kobe had become the new face of the NBA, Stern vowed to ruin Iverson’s career and did everything he could using the referees & media to get him out of the league
> 6. The Establishment’s hate for Iverson & the culture he made acceptable that they enforced the Dress Code rule
> 7. Kids today weren’t old enough to watch AI growing up, so all they can base their opinions on is what ESPN & other journalists say about him

Advanced stats faggots hate his inefficiency

Truth. Fuck Stern

AI will always by my GOAT
I used to keep a picture of him in my wallet until my friends found it and made fun of me, I'll probably buy a nice poster or something soon.

This, the cycle literally repeated itself with Kobe, since after Lebron became the most marketable star. David Stern killed what was left of Kobe’s career by vetoing the Chris Paul trade. Robbing him of at least 3 more championships

lol

The bowling alley thing?

What's so funny?

I'm a Sixers fan and I hate Iverson.

Nothing, that's cute

Cool kids wore his shoes, shut up OP

The guy was great at playing through injuries, but he was all about his own stats, and he never made the players around him better.

He scored a lot of points, but he had a poor shooting percentage (a couple of times below 40% for the year). He got his ppg from playing so many minutes.

If a lot of NBA players like him, it's because a lot of NBA players aren't very smart, and are only interested in individual stats, as well.

Seething zoomer, Iverson’s era was the most competitive & hardest to score in NBA history. All of the superstar wing players had low FG percentages. Only fucking retards go by advanced metrics. There wasn’t a player in the league that competed harder than Iverson on a nightly basis

AI is the reason why players wear arm sleeves. He started wearing it cuz of a shoulder injury and it caught on

Because he didn't do things the way "they" wanted him to.

Dude singlehandedly dragged one of the worst teams ever composed to a finals appearance, multiple playoff appearances and spent his best years in a team that thought Eric Snow was a starting PG and refused to build around him.

Dude was probably too aggressive and contrarian to ingratiate himself with management and media and politic himself into a good team like Lebron but he was huge back in the day. He gave all manlets hope.

Basically Harden if he didn't have a jumpshot and was smaller. Only popular bc he brought hiphop and street to the NBA if he was Stockton or Havlicek nobody would've given a shit

It's because he never won shit.

Stern was slimy shifty little kike... his whole career was finger pointing and denying he ever made any mistakes. He was carried by the greats who played the game during his time in office... but ultimately the NBA is a shit league because of him

Is the doco on him on Netflix worth watching? I find Netflix docos hit and mostly miss

he was a real nigga so he sold a lot of shoes, it's why they refballed the bucks out of the ECF that year. plus the bucks had literal shaq kryptonite in Ervin Johnson. the lakers got swept by the bucks that year in the regular season

Will you post your poster once you get it? We need more cute stuff I'm getting jaded this week probably because all my teams lost.

When I was 12 I named every video game character I played as "Ballplayer 3" because of Iverson. Cringy as fuck to think about how I even did that in Morrowind but I really did genuinely love Iverson's game. Most fun player I've ever watched

He was unashamedly black and before the NBA and its fans were ok with players being unashamedly black.

>disrespected
By who, snobby old kikes? Everyone loved watching AI play. He's not top 10 all time but who gives a shit, AI put on a great show every single night

To be fair, if he got the same superstar treatment by the refs that mj, kobe, and lebron got, his stats would be bonkers. He got the opposite , he would get beat up every game and the refs would swallow their whistles. So he got a very raw deal compared to those guys. He's probably slightly underrated while they are a bit overrated, but, he was still inefficient and a poor decision maker more than he should have been, that can't be denied - in that way he's similar to Westbrook except that his high is higher, but his lows were just as low.

he was an incredible basketball player

he also is by most accounts a garbage human being

shitty attitude
he was the first big player to bring that thug-life mentality to the game.
combin that with the Jordan+Stern+Faulk "the best player is bigger than the game" shit they created for Jordan, you got a massively talented but thoroughly unlikeable dick

Attached: 15693493820582820r294 skeptical man .jpg (680x440, 98K)

Iverson was the coolers mother fucker in the league. His handles and finish at the rim were top 3 all time 10X better than curry or Kyries weak ass shit. He legit took the gangsta shit to a new level. he was the first star I can remember that was street af from his talking to his tats to his cockiness. He was authentic. and let's not forget he started the whole accessories look with the arm bands and the wrist bands and the head bands and the elbow band and even sometime the finger bands. The guy had natural swag, and inspired a generation of ballers being a smaller guy in a big man's league. Also his Reebok's were EVERYWHERE.

Also he was a true superstar in that could put the team on his back unlike most of the pussy stars today.

Attached: CH36zVNWsAEYKEZ.jpg (1200x909, 166K)

feat fingerband

Attached: iversonsixers072111.jpg (422x300, 27K)

swag

Attached: homework.jpg (2104x3146, 1.19M)

The only guy that ever truly shook MJ...

Attached: 45656.jpg (480x360, 15K)

...and he wasn't even mad. NBA was great back then.

Attached: rsz_gettyimages-510401.jpg (1024x683, 216K)

>he never made the players around him better.

Who was he supposed to make better again? Kenny fucking mutombo? AI was based as fuck and carried his team for over a decade

>if he didn't have a jumpshot

Full retard

>cp3
>titles

lmao

hmmmm???

Attached: Bill-Laimbeer[1].jpg (1280x720, 146K)

GOATverson

Attached: iverson.gif (360x240, 3.89M)

He’s a stupid nigger
>much handles

Get a clue

He's the only reason anyone cared about Philly at the time, of course he got fuck tons of recognition. The fuck you on?

wasn't a winner

Not true, Dražen Petrović also did MJ real good.
youtube.com/watch?v=lzJp2XeDMBQ

Attached: dražen.jpg (177x284, 9K)

Fag alert

Westbrook tier stat padder.

>Chokebrick tier
>gets his team to the finals
What now?

This was a thing even before people knew about advanced stats, he was known to be hot and cold and to brick you out of the game with awful shot after awful shot a few times per season. That was the scouting report on him from the beginning, unbelievable ball handler, play maker, top tier talent, tenacious defense, streaky shooter, bad decision maker and teammate at times.

Harden never played a minute of defense ever, AI played great defense. On offense the comparison is apt.

Westbrick made a finals, in the west, while KD was very inconsistent all playoffs. That 76ers season they made the finals in a post Jordan post Shaq east with one of the best defensive teams in the NBA which could absorb Iverson's brick laying in a weak eastern conference. Terrible fucking logic on your part.

Stern held Iverson down:
- AI brought "'hood" culture to the NBA
- Basketball players started looking like your local Blood/Crip
- Ratings went down b/c boomer cumskins hated 'hood NBA
- Stern did everything to fuck with AI
- Instituted new "professional" dress code
- Specifically to fuck with AI and get ratings up
- AI was real af, told Stern to fuck off
- AI got on Stern's shit list
- Best scoring point guard ever, Westbrick didn't come close
- ESPN has NBA's cock firmly implanted in its mouth
- Started destroying AI's rep in media

Fuck (((David Stern))). Kikes always in the nigga trading business like they did when we were slaves. Kikes were the slave traders and still are, buying and selling niggas on their teams.

Attached: allen-iverson-tattoos6.jpg (492x708, 70K)

Guy is a walking apocalypse. Look at his life post-NBA and compare it to his contemporary stars. Is that also Stern's fault?

I read somewhere that his mom would buy him food if he made 10/10 shots during practice when he was a kid but he would intentionally miss because they were so poor

Never heard that story, but if that’s true, I would gain a ton of respect for Iverson.

the people around iverson looked after him. he had a portion of his money in a trust that he could only access after 20 years or so after his career was done and had a lifetime reebok deal. probably the only reason he isn't broke now. had a good financial advisor and agent

This thread proves it. Iverson was “cool”. He was a compelling character within the drama of basketball. He was not even fucking close to being one of the best players ever, however.

>practise

Cope more zoomer, a panel of NBA legends named AI the 5th best player of the century behind Kobe, Shaq, Duncan & Lebron

Dirk is also better tbqh famalam

>Is that also Stern's fault?
Yes it is to the reason why the NBA is shit.

AI is in the Top 10 player of all time.

OP must be very young. When AI played all you ever heard was heaps of praise and after he retired it was a nonstop barrage of "pound for pound" bullshit. Disrespected my ass

>Is that also Stern's fault?
Stern has had vendetta against the NBA finding a way to destroy it within.

Stern was the cancer and now Silver is gonna euthanize it.

>Pound for pound

What a fucking meme. What do "analysts" even mean when they say that outside of weightlifting sports? How can you be the best "pound for pound fighter" or the best NBA player "pound for pound". Is there a points per pound category in stat sheets I'm missing?

I'm guessing it was thing made up by a radio jock such as Jim Rome to pretend he knew what he was talking about and it just stuck to the point where even all time greats regurgitated it.

AI is nothing to fuck with. There's a reason Stern and Silver are hatred within everyone.

We talmbout prakiss

AI was a legend to kids. Everyone hooping tried to act like ai

For the same reasons people don't like Westbrook, and Westbrook is literally just a better AI.

Players like him because, at the end of the day, they're just dumb nigs who stand in awe of raw athletic oogabooga gib me basket ability. He was a monster, but he didn't make his teammates any better, and you can't win a chip with a player like him.

Also he was pretty cultural influential cause of his persona

AI was basically the Mike Tyson of basketball. One the most exciting players you could ever watch play. Extremely competitive and excellent skill set, but never quite reached his full potential. Still at minimum a top 10 point guard of all time. In his prime everyone wanted to be like him and wore his shoes.

>Westbrook is literally just a better AI.
>Best AI season
>33/3.2/7.4 on 44.7% FG
>Single handedly carried a team of scrubs to the finals
>1x NBA MVP

Literal zoomer retard.

AI's best teammates for several years was Eric fucking Snow lmao

>There wasn’t a player in the league that competed harder than Iverson on a nightly basis
He played his ass off, but he took a lot of bad shots. Now, to be fair, it's not like he was surrounded by great shooters, but he wasn't a playmaker either. Not much different from Kobe really, and Kobe obviously won some 'ships. We don't know what Iverson might have done on a more talented team.

One of the biggest looser to ever play the game.
If you disagree you are a millenniel that was a kid while he was playing.

It means that if he were any taller he would be better