Why are they so fucking shit

why are they so fucking shit

Attached: 747px-United_States_Soccer_Federation_logo_2016.svg.png (747x1023, 38K)

More money is poured into gridiron, basketball, baseball, and hockey. Hell, my highschool dumped more money into our lacrosse and field hockey programs.

Attached: mfw Americans.png (811x480, 140K)

They have an awful system of developing talent at the grassroots level.

Too much time spending our disposable income on nice stuff you sewer rat

lol what nice stuff? everything is designed to break in 2 years

We're good enough to leave talented players on the senior team who could play on the U20 team. Feels good honestly.

Not a sporting priority in our country.
It's getting better, though.
More local and club leagues are popping up.
We do need to pour money into youth training.

Because they insist on stuffing the NT with My Little Soccer shitters

Because we need mo money fo dem programs

Worry not, the future savior of american real football has emerged and will come of age just in time for the 2026 World Cup

Attached: trump prefers real football for his son.webm (1280x720, 2.42M)

>care about one sport
>can't even qualify for a u20 tournament

Attached: Screenshot 2019-06-08 at 11.24.38 AM.png (791x273, 35K)

lmao U20s is the easiest youth tournament to win too

Soccer is for Mexicans and women.

I mean >we got to the quarterfinals and went out to the South American champions. We did alright.

'ate SUM, ate MLS, love trump simple as

All our best athletes play football, basketball and baseball.

Trump will save football in the US

Attached: Capturar.png (998x700, 132K)

To be fair, the development system in Europe is extremely harsh to be honest. I know the European system produces some of the best talent, but I also know that many kids get ruined from investing so much of their life into the youth system but then failing to make the cut. Obviously they are taking a risk and they should be aware, but lets be honest, those kids are not fully aware of the risks they are taking and they suffer from the possibility of losing everything very quickly.

In the states, in most of the professional sports its culturally encouraged to have people play during college which will definitely hurt the development of players, but at the same time, I think its for best because the in reality, its very difficult to make it pro so at least you have the networking and some experience/knowledge to a degree if all else fails

That's probably how it is over here but I'd say in Germany the kids get a very good general education.

Maybe, I can see the German kids having to take extra courses in order to go pro or something. I just remember when I lived in Spain as a kid, I had several friends who trained their entire fucking life but were horrid at school thinking that it didnt matter as long as they trained which honestly gave some of them a horrible ego.

At the end, only 1 of the kids made pro at some 2nd division Spanish club while the rest are all working at low end jobs or not at all either giving up on it all or still thinking they can somehow make it at 22.

We will never produce a good player for several reasons:

1. We prioritize physical virtues over actual ability
2. We discourage children to be creative (use flair, dribble)
3. We have an almost non-existent youth system
4. Pay for play (honestly, what the fuck)
5. We prioritize results over skill development
6. We don't take the sport seriously.

The only semi-decent players this country seems to produce are either goalkeepers, or outfield players who left for Europe before the age of 20. The women's team is good because we are one of a few nations to take women's sports seriously. This country needs to look at the way Barcelona, for example prioritize skill development in small-sided games, or the way the Netherlands implements the Coerver method, or the way Brazil encourages kids to play futsal. FFS, most children in this country never even play street football, where the best players are produced. We will never produce a super star player. Maybe there will be a superstar American, but his development will be made outside of the States.
>we

your team didn't even fucking make it which should be blasphemous in and of itself.