Is Marco the traditional German name?

Is Marco the traditional German name?

Attached: wc_1314-333.jpg (283x400, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gfds.de/vornamen/beliebteste-vornamen/
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-45559619
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's not uncommon. I have a friend from Munchen and his name is Marco.

No, it's Mohammed.

for me, it's Mario

No, its Mahamoud.

I had a friend in highschool named Marco.
It's not traditional per se but definitely not super rare.

yes, like Kevin, Julian, Mario, Andre, Toni

Julien is a popular name here too

julien is a normal name here, in germany it's a low class name, just like toni, mario, marco, many french normal names like pascal, marcel etc... were/are popular among the lower class in germany

What are upper class names then?

gfds.de/vornamen/beliebteste-vornamen/

most popular first names in germany

Markus is the traditional one but it's been fairly common for a while now

What are some name dichotomies in your cultures? Nowadays in Croatia the higher your status the more likely you are to give your child some Slavic/Christian name and all the fucking undesirables give their children weird foreign or foreign-influenced names. You can literally guess how well off the people in my VERY big extended family are just by looking at their names.

adolf

why do you have people named Sven
that always struck me as weird

for us it's french names with several syllabes

Why do Euros call their children Kevin?

>Anglicized form of the Irish name Caoimhín, derived from the older Irish Cóemgein, composed of the Old Irish elements cóem "kind, gentle, handsome" and gein "birth".
>Saint Caoimhín established a monastery in Glendalough, Ireland in the 6th century and is the patron saint of Dublin.

low class, it's american, like dylan, brandon, etc...

At least here, it started in the 90 with Home Alone

Attached: kevin-mac-allister-696x378.png (696x378, 164K)

Kevin Costner

Jocelyn and Michelle are both used as girl names here. There's also a cultural movement amongst the gays in Dublin to change their names to the french version so they sound gayer and are more easier able to identify each other as gay without the need to consult grinder.
It is advised that if you are french and not gay and visiting Dublin that you should adopt an Irish version of your name for the duration of your stay. If you're not sure, you can ask them when you present your passport at immigration what the Irish version of your name would be.
If you are french and gay though you will have a fun time in Dublin.

fucking this, every time some right-wing voting retarded low-class scumbag has a child they have to name him
>brian
>kevin
>lola
>angelica
>fifąż

imagine being butthurt because people all around the world associate an irish name with american culture and low class

idk, its common here, two of guys in my class were called sven

that seems like it could be a worldwide phenomenon. can't say I've ever met a rich person with a funny name, they're all traditional. although it isn't just the poverty-stricken who name their children after trees or spell jason "jayeson," comfortably middle-class people do it too.

Thomas Müller is the most average German name

italian first name like mario enrico etc its for asifamilien

germans are so cucked they stopped naming their children wilhelm, friedrich and shit and started giving giving them spaghetti names LOL

What happened to names like Norbert, Heinz, Dieter, Wolfgang etc. How can names even go out of fashion? Is that even a thing in other countries or just Germany because no one wants to be called like their nazi grandpa?

in general double names have been becoming less popular in german so parents are using their kids baptised names as first names, so you see lots of christian names nowadays

dont know anyone named Sven
might be a norfern thing tho
souf here

Names definitely have a shelf life. Nowadays you'll probably never find anyone named Mortimer or Mildred for example

t. ante

HOLY FUCKING SHIT OP. I USED TO PLAY WCCF. I HAVE A FULL LE/ATLE A.C MILAN TEAM BEFORE THEY PULLED IT FROM EU.

I SO WANT TO PLAY IT AGAIN AND MAKE A MEME TEAM WITH ALL THE KOLE'S. PLEASE REPLY.

Attached: pls.jpg (750x750, 166K)

i don't think that we have this situation here. retarded people will name their kids retarded names no matter the class

literally half of your world is named a variant of Muhammed

nah,I do have a traditional name but it is a bit more rare

>conversation about European culture
>Everyone ignores the American
>topkek

the dutch give their children dumb names as well
>Names definitely have a shelf life
yeah but we don't use german names anymore at all, the same names we have used from about 9 AD until 1945

for me, it’s Jhonny, Jeison, Maicol and Yesica

Attached: 1974finalsquad.png (179x180, 5K)

Jack Packáge

Believe it or not, but in Bavaria names like Anton, Josef or Günther are having quite the revival, which was unthinkable in my generation

There was a time when 1/3 of men in England were called John, but growing up I can only remember three or four at school

parents not giving their kids double names means they have to decide between the christian and german one and most stick with the christian

that's not really what's happening

it is. Every Hans, Ernst or DIeter had a second name whether paul, josef, maxim(ilian) or whatever and the top 3 names of 2018 were Paul, Alexander and Maximilian.

Germany is dying; get over it

>Alexander and Maximilian.
those aren't christian names

they may have older origins but they were popularized by chritianity

It's like watching a traffic accident

Attached: vornamen.png (1182x544, 98K)

What is the problem with newer names?

imagine having a grandpa named kevin or fynn-luca

Attached: 1552427896998.jpg (208x200, 14K)

>Fynn

what the fuck

they're gay and exclusively of foreign origin

many only fit cute children not adults

touched a nerve, Julien?

Modern British names are just old names spelt wrong

>JOKE
>YOUR HEAD

Richard, Robert, Christoph, Maximillian, Justus, Henrik, Heinrich, Karl, Reinhold, Joachim, Johannes....

Attached: ja des is so.jpg (491x600, 62K)

same here, person called Poseidonas or Electra is more likely to be upper class than someone being called fucking Tasos or Manolis though

Names go out of fashion everywhere.

>Edgar
>Clifford
>Walter
>Eugene

reminder that kevin got popular because of fucking football

In portugal it's the same with João, but it never really went out of style. It's not really low ar high class. The most common name of our kings was also João
t. João

the lowest of the low names here are
Kevin, Brian (often misspelled as Braian or Brayan)
If he is called Brian it is very likely he steals cellphones for a living

among women it's Jessica and Jennifer
Since we don't have the J phoneme in Argentina Spanish, it gets pronounced Shesica, the same goes for Shonatan

Kevin is like Walter, depends on surname.
Kevin is a nigger name, unless you have a British surname, so Kevin Mac Allister is fine.
Walter is a nigger name, unless you have a British or German surname.

Muhammed isn't very common here, maybe in Egypt

And Marcos, anons?

this, my mother told me a lot of people called their kids kevin because of kevin costner
generally using foreign names here is very low class or rural retard tier

I have a friend in Bremen and his name is 'Mirco'

Edgar is fairly popular name amon lower class Mexican zoomers here in Texas & probably Cali too. Why? I don't know
I'm on mobile but google "dudes named Edgar" & you'll see how those niggas look like.

My 100% german cousins name is Jean-Pierre..

Gudrun
Elfriede
Hildegard
Helmut
Waldemar
etc.

how many Abdullah's do you know?

Is ''Dietrich'' still a thing in German speaking countries?

The most popular names just 80 years ago are totally out of fashion in England too. Alfred, Albert, Victor, Stanley, Harold, Ronald were the most popular names back then. Nobody under 60 is still named these. Although, this might just prove your point as the most traditional English names are Anglo-Saxon/Germanic and went out of fashion due to Nazis.

My grandparents were: Victor, Dorothy, Phyllis, and Patrick. Only Patrick somewhat survives, and ironically he's my only grandparent still living.

>untermenschen talking about Deutschland

Attached: yikes.jpg (500x322, 16K)

>Nobody under 60 is still named these
You still get some people who are officially named Alfred or Harold, they just end up being called Alfie and Harry, because nobody wants their kids to sound 70

Walter, Werner and Gerhard are the three most patrician names in the world.

Change Werner for Konrad and you might have a point.

>t. Konrad

>Gertrud is a worse name than Emily

>henrik, joachim, johannes
how common are these in germany?

As a modern variation of Markus kinda yes.

>Mirco
Well that's a Yugo.

>Henrik
very common
>Joachim
a bit old-fashioned; not that common anymore
>Johannes
extremely common

Not really. That shit's Italian. Mirko would be yugo.

like there is a difference in Mirko and Mirco.

KEK
E
K

kinda funny that those two names are commonn in germany, since they are also very commonn here in norway

I'm just telling you plenty of Italians have the Mirco/Mirko name and a Yugo wouldn't be named Mirco.

Every Mirco I've ever met was a Yugo tho.

Marco is an Italian name not mirco

There is a difference between Julian and Julien in German, though. Julian is a normal name.

Is naming a child a sport?

yes and the best way to victory is naming your daughter after a version of your grandmas name (in my case that would be Mina because my grandma is called Irmina) and your son after your best mate( Lars)

Germans just don't use their own versions of the names anymore which is ironic considering these are the original versions. Instead of Ludwig they use Louis, instead of Heinrich they use Henry or Hendrik.

>Henry or Hendrik.
this is retarded
Hendrik sounds danish. Disgusting.

Just call your kid Henrik

this has been the case for hundreds of years. I know more Alois than Ludwig

alois is used in catholic regions in memory of st aloysius but never replaced ludwig.

Yes it happens everywhere

In the UK horrible, awful zoomer names like Noah, Logan and Theo are in the top 10 names

LOGANG
O
G
A
N
G

>Dieter
the name that destroyed America

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-45559619

>Leo
>Noah
>Oscar