There is no other league system in sports that can even come close to the English football pyramid

There is no other league system in sports that can even come close to the English football pyramid
Even as far down as the 5th tier, it is a nationwide league and the majority of the teams are fully professional

Any team can enter the league system and with enough money and luck it is possible for anyone to reach the very top. American closed league systems are basically communism and ruin the competitiveness in sports

Attached: english_league_pyramid.gif (3000x1725, 228K)

bump

i mean yeah i agree but you didnt really need to make a thread about it

Mostly because your country is so small teams can play in a nationwide league that far down.

>Any team can enter the league system and with enough money and luck it is possible for anyone to reach the very top.
It's like that in most European countries, no?

let's see

Bundaliga
2. Bundaliga
3. Liga
Regionalliga
Oberliga
Landesliga
Bezirksliga
Bezirksklasse
Kreisliga
1. Kreisklasse
2. Kreisklasse

looks like we got 11 tiers

That's pretty cool. OP's image is cut off though, in my region the pyramid goes down to the 16th tier, but other areas go even lower which is crazy.

England, Germany and fair play to them, Scotland have the best non league systems in the world.

how the fuck is 16 tiers even possible? what is an average game there like?
2nd floor vs 3rd floor of your apartment building? pub team from across the street vs pub team from down the street?

2nd part

What is your Seniors' football like?
Here, it's people from sometimes 35 up to 60, in rare cases even older, playing most weekends in proper teams.
Even got training once a week.

The especially crazy ones can even play in a sort of little regional league.

The 16th tier where I'm from is the Newcastle Corinthians 3rd division, which includes the likes of pub teams that made the step up from sunday football and the reserve team of a 13th tier club.

Attendances are almost entirely friends and family, they don't have proper grounds most of the time so no 'entry fees' or anything. They are funded almost fully by local businesses sponsoring them.

Can't speak for the south but it's actually a pretty underdeveloped part of the game. My county has only just established an official over 35s league and we have Walking Football leagues too. Of course in non league there are plenty players over 40 who play alongside younger players.

you only have 3 national leagues, we have 5
>It's like that in most European countries, no?
yes, it was just a dig at any yanks that might pipe up
OP image says it goes down to 24 tiers
it's just sunday league
anyone can join the pyramid

Based OP

My club got as high as the 5th tier, before dying.

The phoenix club starts again in the 10th tier next season and I couldn't be more excited to begin again.

Attached: IMG_20190604_201257.jpg (1024x1024, 89K)

Sunday League is technically below the Football Pyramid.

RIP

I remember going on an away day to North Ferriby, not all that well mind you as I was drinking on the bus but I remember. Hope you manage to climb back up.

>they don't have proper grounds most of the time
This is a Bezirksklasse tier pitch in Germany, i.e. 8th tier. Or used to be, I think they got relegated.

Attached: fuchshain.jpg (1009x724, 510K)

Bloody hell, that's bad but at the same time, quaint. The pool looks great for target practice.

they have to make do with what's available
I think they have a special arrangement with the league so they are able to play on that shitshow of a pitch

That grounds has more soul than the entire Champions League

Here grounds have to be FA approved. That's how they were able to ban womens football for about 50 years. The FA stated women were banned from FA-approved pitches after their games started getting too popular, since pretty much all pitches were FA-approved it put a stop to the womens game for decades.

alri lad, i remember when moors and north ferriby were both promoted to the conference, it's mental how quick our fortunes changed and then you disappeared

whereas we somehow managed to finish 2nd (second) and although we choked in the playoffs, we are upgrading our ground to EFL standards and have already made some good signings and should be up there again next season

Attached: moors ground renovation.jpg (1200x900, 198K)

but surely they played somewhere else before this? there doesn't even look like there's a clubhouse

even some sunday league teams have a small stand

clubhouse is that L-shaped thing bottom right