Soo. are we going to gloss over the fact that he exploded out of nowhere?

Soo. are we going to gloss over the fact that he exploded out of nowhere?

Attached: van_dijk.jpg (810x451, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/EnRouteAnfield/status/1137043130749005824?s=19
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bet he exploded inside your whore mothers cunt

Played like that for years. Difference is marketing

Because he isn't that good. As soon as a player dribbles past him he fouls them.
Liverpool has made him look better than he is.

>As soon as a player dribbles past him he fouls them
sounds based

Who precisely is carrying him at Liverpool, then?

That's actually a good strategy

>As soon as a player dribbles past him he fouls them.
this is was his style last season. this season he adapted the superior tactic of dropping deep till it becomes allisons problem

last year
>HAHA VIRGIN VAN FLOP HAHA
this year
>m-m-messi is better i think

Attached: 1559927438834.jpg (797x796, 109K)

until he sulked because southampton wouldn't sell him in the summer he was doing the same there, just more publicity at a bigger club

>As soon as a player dribbles past him he fouls them
But wasnt there a stat posted no one has dribbled past him this season??

Cuz of matip la

hes not all that great desu senpai

>nobody can dribble past you if you stand inside the goal

Attached: big thinjk.jpg (4077x2718, 1.65M)

Liverpool are insufferable cunts. They don't even understand Matip is better than van dyke.

Perfect example of brainlet casuals and commentators. He was already elite at Celtic. He was superb at Soton. But no one watched or cared.

Same shit with Brooks and Maddison, people act amazed at how they are in the Prem when it was obvious in the Champ. You'll see it with Grealish here soon enough,

Matip was shit before Van Dyke showed up you fat faggot

Matip. He's the real MVP

>out of nowhere
Maybe if you're some retard that doesn't follow promising young players, perhaps. He's was a big deal at Groningen and stood out in the CL at Celtic.

>You'll see it with Grealish here soon enough,
you lost me there

Not that guy, but Grealish was already impressive when Villa was last in the PL

matip was good but injury prone, like really really injury prone, he's finally not injured often and has a good season and people are shocked

twitter.com/EnRouteAnfield/status/1137043130749005824?s=19

>dribble past me, will ya

Attached: vvd.png (960x566, 571K)

Maddy is inconsistent.
He did a a handful of good games last season.
Don't be fooled by some stats.
He's a free/corner kicks merchant.
Don't get me started of Chilwell who's mediocre at best.

When he played at Groningen I thought maybe he could become a good defender eventually, wasn't really sure because he seemed lazy or lethargic at times. It's just the way he holds himself and how he moves it makes him seem better than he actually is.
I do think he's on the top 20 cb list though, now

>tfw I've seen the Man Mountain play live in person and I didn't even realize it at the time

Everyone looks good at Celtic because there's literally no competition. Nobody fucking cares about the Scottish League.

I’m so tired of Yea Forums contrarians saying Matip is better than VVD... we get it, you’re trying to look smart, but it’s not true in any way.

He got noticed because he scored some goals and because he cost 84 million
mediocre at best

How did Liverpool defense improved so much since he showed up then?

thinking about it, this is 100% correct

Was he sent off for this?

playing style and a better defensive midfield
makes for less pressure on the defense

tap on the wrist la

>he hasn't heard about the false #4

this isnt like your pussy handegg, lad broke his ankle then got right back up and played the full 90

post yfw he'll get dribbled past for the first time by Tsuuu in the nations league final for the game-winning goal

/lifelong/ here, all the english players are such brainlets it's not funny
>chilwell
>maguire
>demari gray
>maddison

Gnabry already did for Germany

I've seen him play in person too, but it was fairly obvious he was easily the best player on the team. If he had just gone to Ajax or PSV instead of Celtic he would've been noticed a lot earlier

Attached: van Dijk.jpg (408x612, 35K)

seen him at 22 for celtic in a reasonably competitive game and he looked a class above

wondered at the time why no one had gone in for him since they could have got him a lot cheaper than what he left southampton for, should be a scout me

he scored that one header off a corner and now zoomers wont shut up about him

a literally who before that

Pretty sure people won't shut up about him because he transformed Liverpool's defence.

>when you see the game you don't see the man mountain
>when you see the man mountain he's already opining shit ton of space and yelling at team mates

you post like a fag

He's become so overrated he's underrated desu

commentators were praising him to the moon when he was at Southampton though.
dumb article surfer

>But no one watched or cared.
in almost every match there is scouts looking for new talent

Attached: 1559948006643.jpg (342x147, 4K)

he definitely is based. just look at the things he did at liverpool. some came because of his capability of being a leader (in the defeince) and others came because he is just very good at defending.
And now comes the interesting part: Because now that he has this reputation of being a man-mountain who no one can dribble past (not even speaking of headers) players will be intimidated. It's kind of the same phenomena you sometimes have with good keepers.

This is why I'd rather they buy an intimidating full back rather than a meme midfielder. Max out the stats, inspire hopelessness.

Not a fucking clue.

Because when they do he fouls them so it doesn’t count. He’s been dribbled past by several people this season but they don’t count because he’s a cheat.
Literal meme stat.

Nope
And Robertson wasn’t sent off in the CL for pushing a player like Son did

no one can dribble him because he sits so far back from any attacker while Matip does the dirty work.

Pretty sure scousers have a large contingent of delusional fans who will always claim their players are beyond world class no matter what.

It's part of why Matip has been looking so good recently. Teams always attack down his side so they don't have to deal with Robertson and VVD, giving Matip lots of opportunities to win headers and make tackles

That's because he runs away (see Messi 1st leg of CL semi) or he moves he whole defence around so that everyone else marks the dangerous players and he just hangs around for the balls that spill past seven Liverpool players

delusional, Barcelona attacked Van Dijks side a few times and every time VVD screamed for a double team. He even got caught alone 1v1 with Messi and he signaled for someone to come help him. He's really vocal about getting help which to casuals looks like he's instructing a defense.

>just the way he holds himself and how he moves
That's literally 98% of good defending actually

>breaks leg of people daring to oppose him
BASATOOOOOO

This. Look at that shitter Sinclair looking world class in that league

Name 19 better CBs

Even loveren looked good playing in this liverpoop side, the workrate of the midfield is insane to track back and cover for any defensive errors. Van dyke is a good defender but the hype is nauseating

he unironically is the best defender atm
you literally can't win against him
>fast
>built like a tank
>big
despise Liverpool desu, but he's the best

6 (six)

ajax chose Van der Hoorn over him. talk about quality scouting

Lmfao people thinking Ronaldo has a chance vs him. Great display versus the mighty switserland!

Says a fucking wafflepedo

No fullback is hitting the numbers that Robertson + Trent are in Europe, I doubt Klopp will spend big on one.

So is de Ligt though

I love the obsession here with trying to make him seem mediocre or even shit.

It's like people are so obsessed with being contrarian and proving they are "smarter" than normal fans and pundits, that they have to just shit on anybody who is rated to try prove it.

He's the best CB in the world right now, one of the few who can actually lead a defence, and has height, power and pace. He'd get into any team on the planet, and any manager would love to have him.

But of course, some incels who managed to get Crawley Town into the PL on Football Manager 2016 know better, he only has 13 for throw ins ffs!!

Attached: 1548267870539.jpg (1200x800, 92K)

Why did he get serviettes?

Because he loves clean sheets

(they're bed sheets)

Upvoted and (you). Even personally he seems like a chill dude without an overinflated ego. Hard to fault the man.

>sent off
lol, he plays for UEFApool

>Out of nowhere
He's 27. Defenders don't typically shine or stand out until they're in their late 20s. It's not like attacking players who have their flair locked by the time they're 21. The deeper you are in your position, the later your "explosion" will be. He won't be peaking for another 3 years. We're only seeing the first harvest.

he didn't explode out of nowhere he was already good enough to play for a big club when he was at Celtic but no one wanted to try sign him because >muh Scottish pub league

Liverpool wasted £50m waiting for Southsmpton to get him first

FPWP

>already good enough to play for a big club when he was at Celtic
>letting Legia score 6(six) on you

>scored 6
>still didn't go through

Lmao & POOlish "football"

He is the Messi of defenders. I don't think I have seen a more dominant CB since Puyol.

I know players like Ramos, Chiellini and Thiago Silva were great players but I don't think they have same qualities. They just don't dominate the play in the same way.

Ramos is awesome are scoring in big games though.

they have qualities which are not as clear as VVD's hoofing and sprinting. VVD is rated highly by kiddos because of his size

de Ligt isn't very fast that's his main weakness

>Dutch defenders getting universal praise
>Dutch attackers are completely irrelevant

g-guys what's going on im scared

Attached: hlhzGGn.jpg (600x600, 33K)

>big deal
Such a big deal that no Dutch top club wanted him and he went to Celtic. He was never rated here tbtqhf.

Attached: 8uytg.jpg (1440x1080, 106K)

Attached: 1542401046381.webm (800x431, 2.42M)

Check'd
Your team just has to play total football more. Have everyone defend and attack when they're in position to, because you sure as hell don't have any reliable strikers.

Fucking hell, Mbraaap literally can only run straight.

I don't know if you are serious. He is amazing on the ball. His reading of the game is also exceptional. If he was just a big lad, then attackers would be able to take advantage of that no?

Liverpool have only conceded 22 goals all season. I think since Puyol retired. Barca have only managed to do the same once and Madrid have never managed to concede fewer.

Only teams with defence that solid are teams like Atletico Madrid that focus on that aspect of the game entirely or teams like City that avoid the need to defend by dominating possesion.

Liverpool have no business being so defensively solid.

>muh pace
Wasnt it Cruijf that said "When I start running earlier than the others, I appear faster."
tl;dr, IQ is a thing in football

Teemu Pukki didnt

Everytime i've watched this fraud he's been bailed by Matip or De Ligt.

Pygmalion effect works there as well

At Groningen he wasn't like Robben or Suarez, even the blind could see they'd become worldclass. VvD was less obvious, but I did rate him. Then again, I also thought Zivkovic was the real thing, so what do I know.

(Ninety Six)

seething

Attached: 1550251079519.jpg (1080x1115, 603K)

that's not true, if you been watching the PL enough, you would have noticed he was a beast at Soton too especially in the 2016/17 season

Gnabry

So many jealous cancer retards in this place. Suck it faggots, he is world class.

PS: Get cancer