How come they nevet get credit for carrying Barca to a bunch of CLs and Spain to a WC+Euro?

How come they nevet get credit for carrying Barca to a bunch of CLs and Spain to a WC+Euro?

Attached: 1549418840393.jpg (700x466, 119K)

>literally rated as the greatest midfield pairing in the history of the sport
>"how come they don't get credit hurr"

they have 0 BOs between them

because they weren't social media whores

>the only way to get credit is to get a ballon d'or
You're a zoomer right?

Because they didn't. These guys did.

Attached: eufa.png (1024x1024, 176K)

is he wrong tho?

yes
Maradona and Pele never won it but got credit

.. yeah?

because by themselves they did nothing
remember 2007 and 2008 ? They needed Dinho and Messi afterwards to carry them.

ah yes, I too remember ronaldinho and messi's performances for Spain

they did, they didn't get individual awards because messi is the better player but they're widely regarded as two of the best midfielders of all time and them + busi is considered the best midfield ever

Any midfielder in the Messi era would have been considered GOAT assister. I could have been top assister if Messi was on my team and I lost a leg fighting the jews

baste

Attached: 1558326795418.png (801x767, 107K)

the one struggling at NT level is Messi tho, not them

I remember WC 2014

I'm convinced Argentina NT are cursed. Not one of their players has showed up for the team even tho they are considered top tier in their respective leagues

They've been shit for a while now, but now their whole team is an offense. All their best players are, while the rest are literally who. Even their midfield are offense players played out of position, which results in comical 6-0-4 formations once the game has started. Only a couple of players like Di Maria and Messi seem to ever drop to get the ball back up the pitch.

>proceeds to call someone a zoomer
You dumbfucks. There were no Ballon D'Or for players outside of Europe

Are you retarded?

maradona spent his whole career in europe you mong

No, you are the dumbfucks. Before 1995 only european players in Europe could win Balon d'or. From 1995 to 2009 every player in Europe could win it, then from 2010 every player in the world.

He's right.
This don't make him european

No he isn't. Are you saying that Maradona and Pele didn't get credit for their skills despite not getting the ballon d'or? Keep in mind Maradona played in Europe.
No response? That's what I thought.

>Messi carried Spain

What?

>I'm convinced Argentina NT are cursed.
No. They had a chance to win a Copa America but Messi literally missed a penalty in the final against Chile.

Messi needs to get carried by a GOAT supporting cast to do things. On the other hand, Maradona was a true leader who elevated his teammates' levels.

Oh now I understood what you mean. Yeah they got credit but they wouldn't get the BO anyway because they aren't european.

cause they're the refball midgets, nobody likes them

Why did Iniesta end up in Japan instead of an oil country?

He has wine to sell and there's a big market in China/Japan especially compared to an oil country

Vissel Kobe is owned by Rakuten, Barcelona's current sponsor.

Fair enough. Just seemed an odd move.

1) Spain was under constant doping allegations at the time. You saw Nadal rise up, Ferrer, Alonso, Contador, all peak at the exact same time while their doping doctors went under trial and got pardoned because Spain didn't have anti-doping laws.

2) Their World Cup run was the worst one ever. They lost their first game and then lulled you to sleep ever since, passing the ball 1200 times per match. The Torres red card against Chile was laughable (pic related). And then the quarterfinal against Paraguay they got lucky that Paraguay missed their penalty. The final they tried to lull you to sleep again, and then they scored when Netherlands were down to 10 men.

3) Messi. He's just too good and consistent every year. Xavi didn't win anything for years from 1998 to 2005. That's a long time for a "GOAT" to not do much. And then Messi got to a World Cup final and lost in extra time playing with teammates from Sporting CP, Sampodria, and Lazio while Di Maria and Aguero couldn't start due to injury plus the other 2 forwards choking 4 goal opportunities. You could replace the guys net to Messi from Eto'o and Henry to Villa and Pedro and he played even better. The same with Suarez and Neymar, Ibra and Bojan, or now Dumbele/Coutinho and Suarez. Messi pretty much guarantees you 70 goals created in some way or another and has done it for 10 years straight.

4) They're just not sexy. Xavi looks like an arab dwarf and Iniesta looks like a pale ghost. Maradona was another dwarf with no goals but he had a lot of swag and media presence while he ran around with the camorra in Naples fucking models. Whenever you watch an Iniesta interview he looks like the uncle that's tired of life.

he's a self proclaimed weeb iirc

Since 1995, BO has awarded the best player regardless of nationality. Midfielders cracking the podium:
Xavi - 3 times
Iniesta, Zidane - 2
Any other midfielder - 1 or less

only forwards carry teams, this is the redpill

>Cristiano Ronaldo "For me, the best award is the Golden Boot. Football is a game, and you win it by scoring, so for me that is the most important prize. It is the best award out there for me."

no goal = no win
simple as

/thread closed