Where did it all go wrong?

Attached: 1DD331BF-B4AF-4076-8BC3-60F83C8B9B84.jpg (637x572, 98K)

plebbit immigrants destroyed the culture

Board man doing it for free.

N

/pol/ was good until 2016
Yea Forums was good until 2008
Same reasons probably

that guy was 15 years old 5 years ago

I passed the previous test so I'll be appearing on Jeopardy at some point in the future. I've fantasized about dropping an easter egg for Yea Forums, going on a winning streak, and becoming Ian 2.0

Nice lad

>cup champions
Asterisk needed

>98
Jesus Christ

flags
generals
lel's murder

winning reality tv show, explain this

>barely any power ranking threads
>no late night /feel/ threads
>almost no usa vs europe threads anymore
Yea Forums has truly gone to shit

I

Go fuck your mom

>josuedinho
>98
>5 years ago

Attached: 1555147031410.gif (350x192, 1.18M)

>Not knowing about Ianb owl

Around 2013 when the mods and jannies started clamping down and faggoty generals were being forced

Older posters who created OC left. I feel like after the 2014 WC the traffic on this board died down quite a bit. It became a ghost town at times. Also jannies, generals, and reddit

I like all this pretending as if most of you aren't refugees from red.dit and other places where you were banned from
kys and take me back in time

Jannies started accepting Twitterfags

I love these threads cause it’s the only time that me being here since 2009 is a little relevant to anything. 2012 had /q/ and a lot of board culture things were complained about and saw each boards unique identity shattered. Sure there is a movie and sports board, but Yea Forums sure as hell talked about movies in a different way than Yea Forums did. After the mods cracked down, each board saw its own large identities crumble and generals take hold as a place for safe refuge from mods. Once the board was broken into little fiefdom-esque generals, there was no united front against retarded jannies. By 2014 all the old OC guard was gone. It was a shame cause the community here from 09-12 was incredible. It was just fun to come to this board every day and see it’s take on anything from car chases, political upheavals and flash based sports games. It’s a shame it’s over

>tripfag
>calls people reddit
yeah...it's gonna be a yikes from me.

>tripfag thinks he isn't reddit
kill yourself desu nigger

Been here longer than you've been masturbating, go back

At first everyone thought he was a complete idiot. Then he almost fucked some girl he tried to take to the top, but she refused and then laughed at her as she lost. GOAT play and then he just got clutch and won a lot of the competitions that were puzzle/memory based.

G

Gas newfags

>tripfag

you're the problem

Imagine being 25+ caring about any of these

Fucking this. The jannies were on a mission to kill this place, check the IRC logs. Luckily they have no power in/tv/, the GOAT board for Yea Forums refugees.

The fappening was undeniably a turning point for this website. Trump's election only furthered the spiral

Influx of right wing retards thinking every board should involve politics discussion. Like fuck off cunts, I'm here to escape that shite.

Jannies killed it. Wouldn't let us have our board culture because retarded crybabies thought if all the shitposting went away there would suddenly be active and fruitful discussion of midseason games between mediocre teams that nobody actually gives a shit about.

Instead traffic fell off a cliff
becauss there's no reason to be on Yea Forums outside of major sporting events and 90% of gamethreads have been replaced by three or four posts within that sport's general.

Fuck jannies.

Why do they greentext on reddit and YouTube?

Does anyone have that stick figure comic showing Yea Forums as some sort of wild west boomtown in 2009 and 2011, and then 2015 where its just a dystopia of general threads and jannybots patrolling the place for dissidents?

Because that's exactly what fucking happened.

Back to ifunny, zoombox.

For me the best part of this board back then were Power Rankings thread

Fucking power rankings man I miss them

I think JUST is probably the easiest reference to get in but you could describe your chances as 18-1 or 7-1, best of luck user.

>5 years ago
>good
>98
newfag detected

no just Yea Forums it's shitty everywhere man

Attached: u_u.webm (965x545, 1.47M)

probably 20% of my time is here and 90% of my bans come from here and if anything i dial it back on here the most. I can shitpost harder on shithole boards like /ck/ full touchy ass goobers, actual boomers, and women than i can here

Whats with the game show can you explain that D:

Simple, just look into the camera and TSUUUUUUUUUU

Yea Forums is still pretty good during major events and happenings. It's just that the day to day traffic seems slower and bland. I kinda noticed that with other boards I use too even though I don't regular them as much as Yea Forums.

/asp has better culture than /sp. if abl's didn't have liverpool to talk about this board would be dead

A poor recruitment policy when it came to hiring janitors. Funposts are deleted within minutes whilst /pol/ racebaiting threads are left up.

jannies destroyed the unique bro culture butt here were also a lot of terrible tripfags around back in the day that nobody misses

Used to be good. Now the big tournaments bring in more /pol/trash who tend to linger afterwards. Seriously, dont even have to go that far back. Even the 2016 Euros were still fine as the immigrants hadnt found their way to Yea Forums yet.

Attached: 1118full-rainey-qualley (4).jpg (1118x1118, 115K)

>Yea Forums summer cup
>winning a reality tv show

There's your answer

Mods trying to clamp down on bro culture in 2012
Generals starting to overtake the board.
Newcunts who heard about based Yea Forums flocking here and posting in generals.