PLEASE watch our cricket world cup

PLEASE watch our cricket world cup

Attached: Untitled32 (1).webm (640x360, 2.82M)

but its on at 2:30 in the morning

and /cric/ is full of bullies

Attached: 1546914495514.jpg (240x193, 16K)

fuck off fatguts

Attached: lol.webm (1152x648, 2.85M)

bump

>Watching Boreswing but with Flatbats and dirty pakis.

Would rather watch actual baseball, and I hate it.

Was this good

I’m lolling at the guy who lost his chips at the end
but yes fantastic shot

It's a foul ball how is that good

I'd watch it but not paying for sky sports

you can hit a homerun into the stands in any direction

you can hit the ball to any part of the ground in cricket
since it went over the boundary he got 6 runs as well

bump

who /windies/ here?

I would. It seems really comfy. But it comes on late at night, and I'm too retarded to understand how cricket works no matter how many games I watch.

its kind of like baseball, only you can hit the ball in any direction, and outs are if the ball hits the sticks behind the batter

"strikes" are overs, only theyre called as 1/10th of a full "over", maxed at 50

the ring at the edge of the field is worth 4 runs if you hit the ball with it, 6 if it goes into the stands

Understood everything except for the overs.

6 balls bowled = 1 over

So if you're maxed at 50 full overs, and each strike is 1/10th, that means you can do 500 strikes before you're out?

post the bouncers on khwaja or the catch of smoth
bowling team will throw the ball 300 times - deliveries/pitches
6 pitches = 1 over.
a bowler gets to ball 60 pitches/10 overs

FUCK, I thought it was 10

the pitcher tries to hit the sticks, but usually doesnt hit or its batted away. The catcher behind catches the ball, and it counts as 1/6th of an over

theoretically yes, but nobody is able to bat that long unless the pitcher is extremely shittyshitty

So how many potential times can a batter score on one thrower? Like, can the bowling team just throw 60 pitches and the batting team score on every one, or is there a limit?

you can score on every pitch. all 300.

After the batter hits the ball he and the guy on the othe side need to get to the other side of the dirt for a run to count. You can technically score as many times as you want but it's rare to get more than a couple runs on an in-the-park hit

Okay, so what does an out mean? I'm watching the highlights from Bangladesh vs. New Zealand, and just passed where New Zealand got two outs, and then apparently there was some controversial call where a guy should have been out but they reversed it. So, do three outs end your "turn"?

How exactly does somebody even get out? Like I get if somebody catches a fly ball obviously that's an out, but how do the sticks work?

three sticks, the wickets, stick out of the ground behind the batter. They have these light sensors on them that detect if the ball hits them, and if they are, theyre out, called a "wicket". If 10 wickets are hit, or 10 balls caught before hitting the ground, OR in rare cases where an outfielder can get the ball back to "home plate" before a runner is past their hitting line(that small white line they abt behind), they can knock one of the sensors off and its a wicket

thats why you usually see 277(9), meaning they beat a certain score without losing all their wicket chances, or if its just a clean number (say 275 without parentheses, they lost all their wickets)

each batsman gets one chance and tiny mistake fucks you over. 10 batters for each team. This is why they dont swing the bat randomly cause a small knick can cost you badly.
you can get batsmen out by
>catch
>hitting those three stumps behind him by the pitch
>run out - just like that running from base to base in baseball
>leg before wicket - sorta like batsman obstructing the ball with his leg which otherwise would have gone to hit stumps. Many minor rules in this one tho.

So, does losing all your wickets actually mean anything? In that match, New Zealand ended up with 8 outs but still won.

so like I said, if they beat the other teams score:

say bangladesh scores 270 runs
NZ has scored 275 off of a 6 run ball hit into the stands
they still have wickets they can play under, but they can choose to end the game because theyre winning, and bangladesh cant play again

Is there any reason why they would want to keep playing?

Is there any classic match that you would reccommend I find to get a better grasp on how things work?

they could just to rub it in I guess, but if you already win why keep playing

I dont have any games to recommend, but I managed to stay up and watch the cricket world cup the last time around and it was pretty comfy. Try some highlights from youtube

usually your best batsmen are the no. 1 and 2 wickets. as you lose more wickets you get into your shit batsmen, and wickets 8-11 are your bowlers so they usually aren't very good at batting at all
you want to keep the outs down so that when you've got only ten overs left you can go crazy and start whacking the ball out of the ground for sixes, and because you've got more wickets in hand you can take that risk
if you lose ten wickets your innings is over

Thanks friend, will do. I watched the Australia vs. West Indies match. Pretty good fun, even though I would have preferred a West Indies win.

Oh, okay. That is good information to know. Thank you sir.

usually there's no other reason to keep playing other than price but this world cup has a round robin format for the group stages where the top four on the ladder goes through to the semis, and the teams with a better net run rate get through

>price
meant pride

He's confusing you. In a 50 over (one day) match like in the current world cup, each side only gets to bat once. So if NZ bats second and reached Bangladesh's total, games over. NZ won and they can't choose anything, games done.

Now in 5-day test matches that changes, there are further options and control in how long you bat, but that doesn't apply to 50 over or T20 matches

>watching paki paddle

I still dont understand your 5 day matches

Attached: 1537995115926.png (658x901, 75K)

Good.

So what, in a 5-day match you would just want to score as much as possible to keep the other team from catching up to you on the next day?

each teams get two innings each
you can keep going for as long as you can, even across days. an innings ends by losing 10 wickets or the captain decides to "declare" which basically means you think you have enough and want to bowl to take ten wickets off the opposing team

You don't need to

both teams bat twice, most runs wins. If the game isn't over by the end of the 5th day, it's called a draw.

is it test, odi or t20 world cup?

Just learn about one days and t20s first

One day = 50 overs for each side. 6 balls to be bowled in each over so 300 balls to be played in total by each side.

20 overs = same shit, just lesser overs. 20 x 6 = 120 balls to be played by each. Idea in this one is to score faster since there’s less balls, that’s why you’ll see much more big hitting

ODI

If you come to /cric/ we can hook you up with good quality streams

BASED

*hand instinctively twitches towards my zip*

Ahh yes, the streams

I'd like to but I have autism. Can you assure me that all the grounds are in fact a perfect oval?

one is!

Attached: unfxrh9iap231.jpg (640x894, 67K)

PLEASE watch all the games at the rose bowl

CAM ON ENGLAND

Attached: 1559728647120.png (275x369, 42K)

BASED

Thanks but last time a /cric/ guy shared a stream with me I got a nasty infection

bump

>poverty baseball
>a sport

do they play cricket in the bahamas

its their national sport

Why aren't there standard field dimensions?

each ground has its own flair.

that would be boring and impractical

why do americans even exist

>no /cric/ in the subject
>match abandoned
This is not the thread

Attached: 626CADB8-E8E3-4EA9-ABD0-25951BF06C05.jpg (724x707, 110K)

Because brits are shit at war.

Tell that to a quarter of the planet we conquered.

And we let you have it, we were too busy fucking up an actual General with a real army.

We click our fingers and you come running

You are, and always will be, our little bitches

why is there no /cric/ thread?
this is the only result on the catalog for 'cric'

Imagine thinking being good at conquest makes you good at war.
Defense is the hard part, and where bongs fail.
That and y’all failed at conquest in 1812.

Because us kiwis are asleep and we run /cric/

Run it like a stream of diarrhea down your throat.