Why is England the only Anglo/Five Eyes nation to call it "football"?

Why is England the only Anglo/Five Eyes nation to call it "football"?

Attached: Soccermap.jpg (2500x1272, 475K)

Because their gay

>USA: subhumans, suck at football, invent their own sports, call football soccer
>Canada: subhumans, suck at football, invent their own sports, call football soccer
>Australia: subhumans, suck at football, invent their own sports, call football soccer
>New Zealand:: subhumans, suck at football, invent their own sports, call football soccer
>Ireland: subhumans, suck at football, invent their own sports, call football soccer
>South Africa: subhumans, suck at football, too poor to invent sports, call football soccer

Irish outcasts.

SP
BP

>too poor to invent sports

Yeah, let's pretend South Americans' affinity for soccer doesn't stem from their poverty.

Attached: Soccer.png (825x376, 43K)

>UK: subhumans, suck at football, invent their own sports, call football football

Soccer is an English word. You are simply using English slang rather than proper English.

Using soccer as the terminology for association football because saying association is too long. Rugby doesn't have this issue.

America/Canada etc have never invented their own sports, they merely took English sports and slightly modified them.
Why do you think they call it football?

All the real men in England left to explore the dangerous unknown and invent real sports in their colonies leaving only fags and women left on the island.

Soccer is short for Association Football. It became associated with Upper class types who preferred Rugby Football. Working class types started to view the word Soccer as a pejorative because of British Upper class disdain for plebs and their game Soccer. Rugby Football was always more popular in the rest of the Anglo countries, so Soccer was the preferred term for Association Football there.
Fast forward to modern times where mothers don't want their kids to get brain injuries and prefer Soccer. Also foreigners flood in to the Anglo world and call the word "Soccer" racist etc. Soccerfags in America resent the higher status of American Football (an offshoot of Rugby) start to argue over whether it's appropriate to call American Football Football at all because they use their hands.
The origin of the term football comes from the fact it was played on foot rather than on horseback like Polo. Some of the earliest forms of football allowed the use of hands.

Attached: 1558665985685.png (306x306, 73K)

Good post. There are many codes of football and if anyone genuinely believes that his favourite code is the only code entitled to be singularly called football, that man is a hipster and a codelet.
Saying here: gaelic, rugby, soccer, for clarity of definition. We also may call american football gridiron, australian football aussie rules, rugby league rugby league or league, canadian football canadian or the french equivalent of the gridiron.

We used to call it soccer for decades, soccer is a British word. But it seems during the 80s onwards we moved more towards football and many zoomers seem to think soccer is an American thing.

>crash into each other and chase a leather egg
>call it football
>invent a stupid reason for it being called football
kek

American Football was adapted from Rugby Football. It's played on foot and there's a ball.
Is this too difficult an explanation?

# =)tj-

divegrass is now known as #=)tj- theres no stopping this meme screencap this

NZ and SA haven't invented any sports
all of the TriNations probably refuse to call football football until football stops being divegrass/girly sport (compared to the other football codes)

Soccer comes from "Association Football." Google it, faggot. I'm not spoonfeeding it to you.

That's why extreme poshfags in England call football "soccer," because rugby is technically the real "football." Now neck yourself.

Then why isn't American football called gridiron universally?

The code is called Association Football, it gets named soccer to differentiate it in those countries because they have a rich tradition of more than one code of football.

>canadian "humor"

Attached: 1558448985462.jpg (380x250, 31K)

My experience is that people refer to it as NFL, at least in Ireland. In Australia it's called gridiron. The Irish calling it NFL is probably more to do with successful marketing and brand recognition desu.

One of the strangest unhinged posts I've ever seen on Yea Forums. Who or what are you even upset at?

Aussie rules football is the oldest football code on earth lmao

If you had to create a new code of football what would you call it and what would the core mechanics be?

what a broad question
what are our options?

>number of teams
>number of players on each team
>hands
>feet
>misc equipment
>field shape, size, surface
>goal sizes, shapes, count
>points/goal format (think australian football)
>scoring options
>player positions/restrictions/types
>game length, divisions (halves or quarters)
>fouls and penalties for fouling
>ball size, shape, material, count (types?)
>what happens if the ball exits play and where or how or if it exits play
should just put all the options in a random generator and see how you go

desu I used to love playing random games with made up/evolving rules when I was younger in school
I wish there were groups I could go to where someone brings the rules along and the group just plays
also when is the thread for rulecrafting/sportcrafting/experimental sports?

good thread