Can someone tell me why there are pro sports teams outside of New York and LA?

We are the only two relevant cities in the country. We have all the celebrities. All the money. All the banks. All the big corporations. There is nothing really of consequence outside of New York and LA and no one would ever visit any American cities outside of those two.

Tell me why there are teams outside of them?

Attached: Private-Jet-New-York-City-to-Los-Angeles.jpg (655x400, 102K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HpPUUWp5sO4
usatoday.com/story/money/business/2018/11/01/fortune-500-companies-list-cities/38215229/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_urban_areas
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

if new york and los angeles are the only two cities that matter in the us, then why does boston keep winning all the american sports leagues?

Because there’s other cities in america and canada you retard
t.NYC.

Not really. LA and NYC are the London, Tokyo, Hong Kong, etc. of the USA. Do you think any of those other cities really matter?

Yes or no? And Canada isn't a relevant country. They really shouldn't have teams at all

You are a dumbass and this is a bait thread
/end thread

I'll just tell you that every single FA in every single sport singularly wants to play in LA and NYC. All of sports media is in NYC and LA

There's more excitement in a championship when LA or NYC is involved. Imagine the ratings if every year, we got LA vs NYC?

>all the celebrities

actually, lots of stars live in Miami or Las Vegas these days

You couldn't pay me to live in either of those shitholes. San Francisco and Boston are better

Very good question. What could it be that makes Boston so objectively superior.

That's fine, not everyone can handle being around financial, technological, and media centers. If you can't make it in either city, you can't make it anywhere.

Boston IRL isn't relevant
San Francisco IRL isn't relevant.

I never hear anyone visiting either city and I fly frequently between NYC and LA.

Not everyone enjoys spending 70% of their income on rent

Get a real job then idiot.

you're gonna repost this bait thread every day huh?

Attached: 1551827322946.jpg (460x344, 67K)

New York and Los Angeles suck at football, the only sport that matters.

How many athletes come from California? Tell me? Even football.

why is LA so bad at sports, bros?

The dodgers always have gorrilion dollar payrolls, yet they havent won a series since the cold war

>get a decent job
>get a decent house too instead of some hole in the wall
>still spend 70% of income housing

Great cities

Supply and demand. If no one wanted to live in the two most desirable cities in the world, they wouldn't be expensive

Name expensive cities outside of LA and NYC and they are all usually small shitholes or isolated vacation spots

Grew up in LA, and moved to NYC a few years ago. LA blows

>California has a $3 trillion economy
>LA blows

Uh huh.

Okay retard

Why do I feel like someone from LA made this thread? New Yorkers don't really talk or think about LA that much

>I never hear anyone visiting either city and I fly frequently between NYC and LA.
then that is enough to solve the problem
>I
its you baby
you are irrelevant and the circles you navigate within even moreso
thank you please come again

>m-my city is better!
it sucks dude. it just sucks so much

we got another boomer here with her non correlative data sets
>USA has trillions of money
>therefore, ergo

Attached: fjnrwejfnofo4komok4mot4km.png (776x960, 595K)

this

What relevant industries are outside of LA and NYC?

>All the big corporations.

really?

Let's see:

Top 10 largest American companies by revenue 2018:

1. Walmart (Retail, $500.3 bn)
Based in Bentonville, Arkansas

2. Exxon Mobil (Oil & Gas, $244.3 bn)
Based in Irving, Texas

3. Berkshire Hathaway (Financials, $242.1 bn)
Based in Omaha, Nebraska

4. Amazon (Retail, $232.9 bn)
Based in Seattle, Washington

5. Apple (Electronics, $229.2 bn)
Based in Cupertino, California

6. McKesson (Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals, $208.4 bn)
Based in Irving, Texas

7. United Health (Healthcare, $201.2 bn)
Based in Minnetonka, Minnesota

8. CVS Health (Healthcare, $184.8 bn)
Based in Woonsocket, Rhode Island

9. AT&T (Telecommunications & Media, $170.8 bn)
Based in Dallas, Texas

10. Ford (Automobiles, $160.3 bn)
Based in Dearborn, Michigan

>not one single company from NYC or LA
hmm

>Name expensive cities outside of LA and NYC
these place are not even in the top 5 nost expensive places to live in the world
you sir are a hack and likely american to come up with such a stupid premise

>5. Apple (Electronics, $229.2 bn)
>Based in Cupertino, California

Gee, what state is LA in?

Have you ever eaten food, driven a car, used heating/gasoline, lived in a house or done just about anything that wasn't watch TV or browse the internet because all of those industries are outside LA and NY

>piggybacking credit off a city more than 200 miles away

Attached: 1549503804161.jpg (500x500, 44K)

The biggest airline is in Atlanta. The biggest soft drink company is in Atlanta. Turner/CNN is in Atlanta. The busiest b airport is in Atlanta.

>silicon valley and LA are...
bayareafag here, you can fuck right off socal bitch, you losers have zero to do with silicon valley except transplant here to make it even more gay than it was before. sure the homos around here are over the top, but at least they can carry a conversation, keep to themselves most the time, and don't lie to themselves about being gay

>not being ashamed of your degenerate predilections
imagine thinking this was a positive you aids ridden faggot.

I can eat food shipped directly to LA or NYC
I can get a car shipped directly to LA or NYC
Heating and gasoline isn't particular to any city

Do you own a bank account?
Do you use the internet?
Do you have a smart phone?

Yeah thank us, faggot.

coming from an island openly ruled by pedos, that doesn't mean much

>Heating and gasoline isn't particular to any city

No, but the point is that you wouldn't have if the rest of the country didn't pipe oil and natural gas to your wasteland of a city. You fucking retard.

When is the last time NYC or LA won? The real question is if those two spic shit holes keep winning nothing ever why do they have teams? The answer is, the real american cities need someone to beat.

>NYC
>Spic shithole

What?

>puerto ricans arent hispanic

the fact Walmart is able to make 500 billion fucking dollars a year should make every single American feel ashamed

also, when did Texas become so economically relevant outside of oil?

>NYC
>not full of spics, niggers and jews

>also, when did Texas become so economically relevant outside of oil?
When Californians moved their businesses there for tax purposes

Pic related. The most commonly spoken languages in NYC by neighbourhood in 2015.

>not a spic shithole

Attached: 5afc99e9e3186e22008b4dfa-960-914.png (960x914, 195K)

LA and NY have expensive housing.
Cheap as fuck everything else though compared to most of the world.

>the fact Walmart is able to make 500 billion fucking dollars a year should make every single American feel ashamed

Why?

>when did Texas become so economically relevant outside of oil?

It always has been. It's the 2nd or 3rd most populated state in the union. Why should it be irrelevant?

>We are the [cancer] of the country.
ftfy urbanite

Because Walmart is for plebs, the fact they're making this much money shows how much plebs there are in the US desu

And I always sort of saw Texas as nothing but oil fields, a bunch of gun-obsessed cowboys and highway gas stations in the middle of nowhere where creepy stuff happens. Guess I should update my Hollywood-induced stereotypes about the state.

Texas is more relevant than California economically.

There is only 1 NFL team in the state of New York and it's in Buffalo. How does that make NYC people feel?

That makes no sense.
Aldi and Lidl are also for plebs, still they make a lot of money in Germany, don't they?
In Switzerland noone goes to Aldi & Lidl

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>wtf why do so many people want cheap goods at low prices

Other grocery stores are memes. Their prices are higher for no other than the "atmosphere" of not being Walmart. Getting persnickety over what grocery chain somebody buys groceries at is the gayest shit imaginable.

But not that much.

Also, Walmart is on a whole new level of pleb

Attached: qqjRY8u.jpg (2048x1152, 354K)

Isn't there an actual valid argument that SF/Bay Area is actually more economically relevant than SoCal?

SoCal has a larger GDP but the Bay Area's GDP is nearly the same size despite having 1/3 the people and is growing much faster.

No what the fuck are you talking about? I grew up in LA and SF isn't relevant at all in the real world. I never hear anyone say "if you make it in SF, you can make it anywhere" like you do with LA and NYC.

SoCal has theme parks and San Diego, everything else great about California is in the Central/North part of the states. LA is an overcrowded shithole and Hollywood reeks of piss.

walmart is embarrising

youtube.com/watch?v=HpPUUWp5sO4

Quit acting like LA is relevant. It's for failed actors and musicians and spics who live 50 minutes outside of the city and work as waiters

>$3 trillion economy
>irrelevant

Uh huh.

yeah, if you ignore GDP, median household income, number of millionaires, number of billionaires, and Fortune 500 headquarters. I'm sure there's some metric that supports you.

>of LA and NYC?
the frozen land of waste and filth that is new york
keep it the weather is absolute shit along with the enviroment
the everexpanding dogshit desert cancer cities that is LA keep it just the same weather is that of a weather for foul lizards, snakes and brush
the gull to hold high these dumpster level locations in high esteem only shows the dumpster level of the 0p
eat a dick faggot

>SF and silicon valley make trillions quarterly but is irrelevant
>b-b-b-b-but muh hollywood LA is based

kys

I don't understand why I should care about any of this. Walmart has some of the cheapest prices on goods so it makes the most money. None of your arguments against it are relevant.

Growth rate is all that matters.

I actually vote the opposite, the leagues would be better without transplant cities like LA or NY.

> I have a small white penis
Fixed.

Yeah, as if

Knicks v Lakers
Yankees v Dodgers

Wouldn't kill it in the ratings. Ask any foreigner what 2 American cities they know, and NYC and LA would come up first.

All the banks, media, movie studios, economy, etc.

they must not think its that bad. Most economic elites in the US live in those two places unless they are Warren Buffet.

I don't want anyone that does stuff like in the vid close to me. It's incredibly creepy

>they
you make me laugh

usatoday.com/story/money/business/2018/11/01/fortune-500-companies-list-cities/38215229/

Where's LA?

Do all of California.

Welcome back LA Raiders autist, remember this jints/doyers series is over the weekend.

so you admit LA is the worst part of california?

I didn't write the article you dingus. Also, the premise wasn't about California but LA specifically.

Then you're being intentionally misleading.

No you are.
>There is nothing really of consequence outside of New York and LA and no one would ever visit any American cities outside of those two.
>Do all of California
How retarded are you?

The LA area includes more than the city of LA, you absolute dipshit. Its like saying the city of London only has 5,000 people because the city of London is 1.7 square miles.

Either way, judging by ESPN and Fox Sports, they really do wish only NYC and LA had sports teams. And a huge chunk of us agree. What purpose do teams like the Memphis Grizzlies or Kansas City Royals serve?

Well people in LA don't really think about New York either. We like to think we're the center of the universe.

nah, Northern Virginia commands the most powerful military in the history of Earth. la and nyc exist at our whim.
HTTR

well the royals have won a world series this century, which is more than can be said about the dodgers

the grizzlies, unlike the lakers in the last decade, have made it past the first round of the playoffs and arent overpaying a washed out fraud to contract vaginitis and write space jam 2

So you want to include SF, San Diego and Sacramento?

>LA public schools in action

But LA Galaxy is one of the most successful MLS teams.

fuck off urbanite jew

not recently

But really, who cares about either the Royals or Grizzlies? Not even people in KC or Memphis really do

They're more obsessed with the big market teams than they are with their own teams

not even remotely close to an argument

>itt: some LA faggot tries to ride the coattails of NY and gets brushed off

> That's fine, not everyone can handle being around financial, technological, and media centers. If you can't make it in either city, you can't make it anywhere.
Truth. If you can’t make it in Boston or San Fran you have to settle for second tier NY or LA.

You must not work in a big corporation or in media because working in a place like NY or LA is usually a sign that you are an important executive of the company. Boston and SF are more back office type places that provide logistical support for the main offices.

]we

>Can someone tell me why there are pro sports teams outside of New York and LA?

>We are the only two relevant cities in the country. We have all the celebrities. All the money. All the banks. All the big corporations. There is nothing really of consequence outside of New York and LA and no one would ever visit any American cities outside of those two.

>Tell me why there are teams outside of them?

Attached: images.jpg (247x204, 9K)

Yah except for apple and google (hell most tech companies in general) being located in SF

Whatever you say.

Atlanta has no identity nationally/internationally
It's like Houston

Why do SF fags think they're in this conversation? Just like their obsession with all LA sports teams, keep your inferiority complex away from us.

The Warriors are about to win their 4th NBA Finals this decade
The Giants are the only baseball dynasty since Jeter's Yankees
The 49ers are the most prolific NFC franchise
The Sharks are the one of the most consistent contenders in the NHL
Stanford is a powerhouse NCAA program in a number of sports
Cal is good too

Two championships in two different years is not impressive. My city did that in 1995.

and the New England revolution are the worst MLS team so btfo

And yet still have an inferiority complex to LA

Exactly, fake transplant fans and foreigners

Your inflated sense of worth does not equal an inferiority complex by anyone

Also, LA has been irrelevant in all sports for over a decade. Good bait thread though

There’s a way to have a conversation about relevant sports cities and SF never comes up

Not only sports, but business, politics, culture, etc.

Lakers=16
Gay Area=16

The Kings won one in 2014

Lakers: 16
Gay Area: 16

Royals are based
>WS winners
>kino stadium
>made Lorde into a star
>pine tar incident
>great tailgating

I’m not even a KC fan and I know this

i wouldnt mind living in nyc but LA seems awful. i dont even want to visit there, would rather do SF if im taking a vacation

LA and New York also have all the gender nonspecific 'theys' so it makes sense they would have all the sports.

Attached: 2848.jpg (965x714, 93K)

Lakers: 1 ring in 2010
Dodgers: 2 pennants in 2017 and 2018
Rams: NFC Champions 2018
Kings: Stanley Cup in 2012 and 2014

exactly

Lakers: 16 rings
Gay Area: 16 rings

It’s okay - big cities like London, Tokyo and Los Angeles aren’t for everyone

LA is nothing like london or tokyo you moron

Lakers=16 rings
Gay Area=16 rings

Bay Area has more wins

LA is by far the closest thing the US has to a Shanghai or a Tokyo.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_urban_areas

LA has, by far, the #1 densest urban area in the USA. The uniform high density is like that of an Asian city where it lasts for 50-100 miles.

but the densest area of population in LA is nowhere near the densest of NY, Shanghai, London, Tokyo, etc

why would you think this is a good thing?

this is exactly why everyone says the Ghana and Ethiopia are the most relevant countries in the global economy.

>But not that much
It’s almost as though they’re not based in the most populated country in the West with the biggest economy on Earth.

you got btfo by someone who is a retard

Knowing it's a bait thread, why would you respond any way?

But the density is relatively uniform across all the metro area.

Because it shows how much of a megacity LA is.

>Russian
What in le fuque?

Why is this thread just people from LA thinking they are anywhere near the level of NYC? They really aren't in real life.

Texas is larger than Germany and has nearly 30 million people. So yes it's all those things you say but they have multiple giant cities and industries as well, Houston, Dallas, Austin, San Antonio etc.

lol its so blatantly obvious its an LA fag trying to seem comparable to new york. it's a totally different kind of city, which is fine, but the inferiority complex is real

California is the third-largest state in the union by area. You can't claim that all for LA you dork

i visited austin last year, pretty cool city desu. there's like no public transportation tho which sucked

Yeah, they aren't even remotely comparable other than "we're large cities". For one reason or the other, I think of SF being the corporate center of California and LA being a much more developed Miami.

Sports are entertainment though and LA and NYC are comparable media centers, I guess. But for anything else, not even close.

>Megacities
>good

Okay Shlomo.

i enjoy being able to walk everywhere and different kinds of cuisine. pretty comfy

Just about all of the resources for food we eat in the United States comes from California, Arizona, Texas, and Florida. The rest of the country is basically irrelevant considering their input combined is less than these states.

Places like the Dakotas, or Iowa or whatever "feel" like the backbone of the nation for resources but they could be given back to the natives tomorrow and almost nothing of value would be lost agriculturally. As a matter of fact, most of these small agrictultural states are basically subsidized by big states like Florida and California.

Cities are where most of the world's commerce and culture happen

You should travel more. LA is definitely one of the great world cities.

You can do that in any size of city with proper planning. It doesn't require a ballooning, swollen population and endless sprawl to do so.

>there's like no public transportation tho which sucked

This is the case pretty much everywhere in the US outside major metropolitan areas

most cities have at least a train from the airport to the actual city tho. austin didnt

>most cities have at least a train from the airport to the actual city

If by most cities you mean DC, NYC, LA, or Philly than sure. Just about everywhere else your catching a cab from the airport though.

portland, seattle, san jose, chicago, denver are places ive been that have them. im sure there's others that im not remembering right now too

>Posting evidence that English is spoken in the vast majority when you are arguing otherwise

Lmao

Add Miami to that list as well

Can someone explain to me how outside of gays San Francisco is relevant at all?

...silicon valley

Tech can be done anywhere though and in the popular consciousness, most people don’t know about SV

Can someone explain to me how outside of Jews Los Angeles is relevant at all?

2nd largest US city
Busiest port in the US
Most internationally connected city
Largest media center
Best weather in the US

Name a city as large as LA that’s irrelevant

mexico city

other than that show about silicon valley, and anyone watching apple tech trade

The location of the team doesn't matter that much

It doesn't? How about for free agency, which these two cities have a monopoly over.

The nu world trade center has ruined NYC’s skyline and that stack of boxes they have planned for the second one is gonna make it even worse.

The only people who say SF isn't relevant are LA people. Why is that?

Karachi

49ers are second to the Cowboys in the NFC desu

Even Vancouver does

Third world cities. How about first world ones.

Actually it’s their terrible housing/rent control laws that keeps new places from developing. Chicago for example is perfectly affordable outside of downtown.

this is completely delusional desu

LA hasnt had a big FA in years

LeBron literally last season.

he came because he wanted to be closer to LA to film his shitty space jams equel

paul george, kawaii, boogie, and numerous others have said theyre not going to LA

The WS is most likely Yankees-Dodgers.

Anthony Davis will end up the Lakers or clippies

I can answer this one. Ever been to Regoma Saskatchewan? you know what there is to do there? get Drunk, contemplate suicide and watch the god damned Roughriders. People in LA and NYC have tonnes of things they can do. but the flyover shitholes have nothing else. It is their claim to fame and they are forced to take pride in it because they have nothing else. would literally have no idea St. Louis existed if they didn't have teams.
he is being hyperbolic. Boston and Seattle are also of note. but other than that nothing.

LA and NYC are decrepit shitholes filled with the worst degenerate people you can imagine. Most people do nothing of consequence and produce nothing. I say this as someone who lives in New York.

To answer the OP the two cities combined have 13 million people or so. The metro areas make it maybe 30 million. So still less than 10% of the country.

Atlanta is nigger Mecca. No joke, when a black in the southeast “makes it” that’s their target destination. That’s their culture. Charlotte is closer to having no identity.

I went to LA recently and was shocked by how dirty it was. Like legit homeless people and filth everywhere. blew my mind

Attached: 1543772058285.jpg (433x389, 16K)

This was definitely made by an LA faggot. That is not a New Yorker mentality. It's an insecure LgAy one

America would be instantly 100% better if those cities sunk into the sea.

>sees bait thread
>fully acknowledges that thread is bait
>still takes the bait anyway
so this is the power of new york education...

I remember when I was in college there Santa Monica was like night of the living dead. Just brain dead drug addicts on sleeping bags. But it’s way worse now, and in more places, run the place these days.

What is the New York mentality?

'AY, IM WALKIN E'AH

Yeah losing $6 trillion of economic production makes America better

>New York and LA
>....and LA

Walmarts are often so disgusting and filled with riffraff it’s worth it to pay 10-15% more for literally anywhere else even if it actually has a narrower selection. The carts are usually broken in some way and there’s often some kind of solicitor or “charity” out front, and the staff are trash of course. I can’t wait til I’m financially stable and I can shop at Target.

I get New York but who cares about LA? All I know is it has one of the wealthiest and beautiful areas in the valley region, but the city itself seems like a smog filled and spic infested hellhole.
>muh economy
Houston has an economy too.

>muuhh degenerates.
based cletus.

This is like a dumb Amerifat asking:

"Why is Bavaria so economically relevant outside farming?"

Kys, krautfag.

Yeah, major cities tend to be congested, like LA, Tokyo, Shanghai, etc.

How much does LA have in common with Tokyo and Shanghai though? I've never heard that comparison ever.

But what makes it relevant besides Hollywood? It would be well down my list of American cities to visit, after New York, Chicago, DC, Seattle, Miami, Orlando, Austin, maybe even Portland, NOLA, and Boston.

Forgot the Bay Area and San Diego too.

Last 18 years of Boston sports has been dominate.

This year they might win 3 out of the 4 major sports.

I can say from Alabama the bay is way more relevant. I know so many people who moved there for some kind of software/engineering work. I don’t know anyone who moved to LA except my mom in the 80s and she left after a few years because it was shit.

Attached: ianzJnf.jpg (750x738, 591K)

>I don’t know anyone who moved to LA except my mom in the 80s and she left after a few years because it was shit.

Which porno she in?

Flyoverfag here. Lived in LA for several years, have family in NYC.

>filthy fucking LA trying to latch on to glorious NYC

Los Angeles is fucking trash.

Do you really think it was the Irish immigration? Are you sure they weren't just working class drones/legal slaves for the upper class WASP populations of Boston, New York, Toronto, or any other city full of Irish diaspora?

All eight of my great-grandparents were immigrants from Northern Ireland to Toronto, and I can promise you any upward mobility my family has experienced is a result of my family selling themselves out and converting to protestantism

Didn't most of the Irish move to Montreal? Did the Irish in Quebec end up assimilating to the Anglophones or Francophones?

I think its New Yorkers trying to use LA's good name

>Other grocery stores are memes
Groceries are the one thing Walmart can't win at in prices. You can find cheaper food at Aldi, farmer's markets, and some chain grocery stores like Kroger.

LA is literally the capital of flyover land though. Just another 3rd world shithole.

Where are you flying to if you’re flying over LA?

Tokyo is a lot cleaner than LA

>Regome
whats worse, Regina or Saskatoon?

since
rely, its the Jews

But Tokyo and LA both have that megacity feeling that you don’t feel like you’re not in an endless non dense unwalkable suburb

Not even New York is like that because outside of Manhattan, parts of Brooklyn and Queens, the NY area isn’t dense at all

LAX. If you live in the southern or eastern suburbs you might as well be in Kansas City.

for

false

Montreal's West End has quite a few Irish, but Toronto has significantly more.
Even with all of the nonwhites Toronto is still 10% Irish according to the last census.Go back before the end of WWII, and that number was easily 30% or more - our NHL franchise used to be called the St. Pats, because that was the biggest and proudest ethnic group that supported the team

Hahahhaha

Saskatoon. Regina has the riders and a few people.

This, plus the transit system is way better and there's less crime. I'd pick Tokyo over LA any day and I say that as an LA county native.