The ball bounces off his chest befoure touching his arm. It wasn't a penalty

The ball bounces off his chest befoure touching his arm. It wasn't a penalty.

Attached: GIF-Tottenham-Liverpool-0-2-Champions-League-2019-Final-Match-Handball-Foul-in-Penalty-Area-by-Sisso (500x281, 1.33M)

Other urls found in this thread:

thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-12---fouls-and-misconduct
inews.co.uk/sport/football/champions-league/liverpool-penalty-moussa-sissoko-handball-video-champions-league-final-tottenham-referee
youtube.com/watch?v=Xdgu5R84zko
sofascore.com/liverpool-real-madrid/UsEgb
sofascore.com/liverpool-tottenham/IsU
youtube.com/watch?v=JpwiVTSI8XY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

no one cares

they still scored later

He clearly chested the ball into his own arm and controlled it to go to ground right there

>He clearly chested the ball into his own arm
top kek

from the other angle you can see the ball basically rolls down the full length of his arm, stopping the pass connecting to firmino.

>gif

Attached: 1559419593800.webm (1280x720, 2.68M)

he still blocked the ball with a fully outstretched arm

it hits the chest first. it has to be intentional for it to be a handball.

yes, everyone knows it was a refball

it does not have to be intentional to be a handball. if your arm is in an unnatural position it is a handball even if unintentional
holding your arm full out is an unnatural position

This. It's why defenders will hold their arms close to their body while in the box. Fuck Liverpool but it was unfortunately a penalty

people misunderstand what 'intentional' means, it refers to the position of the arm not the state of mind
he intentionally put his arm in a position that made his frame bigger, he then blocked a cross in part using that arm, 100% pen

>dude is clearly pointing to teammates to pay attention to certain area
>hit ball towards outstretched arm
>penulty
i hate faggots who have never played football

HANDLING THE BALL

Handling the ball involves a deliberate act of a player making contact with the ball with the hand or arm.

The following must be considered:
-the movement of the hand towards the ball (not the ball towards the hand)
-the distance between the opponent and the ball (unexpected ball)
-the position of the hand does not necessarily mean that there is an offence
-touching the ball with an object held in the hand (clothing, shinguard, etc.) is an offence
hitting the ball with a thrown object (boot, shinguard, etc.) is an offence
The goalkeeper has the same restrictions on handling the ball as any other player outside the penalty area. Inside their penalty area, the goalkeeper cannot be guilty of a handling offence incurring a direct free kick or any related sanction but can be guilty of handling offences that incur an indirect free kick.

thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-12---fouls-and-misconduct

>hits his armpit then hits his arm as he's trying to move his hand down.

So once he gets into that position with his arm stretched like that is he meant to jut hold his arm there to avoid accidentally touching the ball on the way down?

he literally "moved his hand towards the ball" by holding it in an unnatural position and blocking the ball
but you're right, Yea Forums poster, you know more than the professional referees

are you daft, he was signaling, communicating with his teammates, clearly pointing at some area, this wasnt moving his hand towards the ball, if anything, mane was aiming at the arm and took advantage of the situation

he shouldnt have it out there. otherwise every player would just run with his arms out like a plane because the ball might accidentally hit it and block a cross or shot with 0 punishment

Look at where the ball hits him again
If hi hand was by his side then it would have hit him there, it's not until he tries to move his hand down to a natural position that makes it graze his arm.
Also professional referees can and have been wrong, look at Liverpool's handball vs Roma, or their offsides in various matches, or Salah's dives

>always have my arms as far out as possible at all times
>someone kicks the ball against my hand
>NO PEN IT WAS NOT DELIBERATE
have i just beaten football?

so whenever a cross is being put into the box, i should hold my arm out to block it, but as long as i'm pointing somewhere it is me just trying to communicate with my teammates

>e literally "moved his hand towards the ball"
He did not, his arm was moving downwards since before the ball was kicked towards him and didn't change that movement to intercept the ball.
>by holding it in an unnatural position
-the position of the hand does not necessarily mean that there is an offence
>but you're right, Yea Forums poster, you know more than the professional referees
Professional referees can make mistakes the same as anyone else.
Except if it would have hit his arm directly and not off a bounce it would have been a penalty.
It was dumb of him to have his arms like that, but by the rules it is not a penalty.

The head red of FIFA said it's a penalty, you can't be saluting Hitler in the box.

Of course he shouldn't have it out there, but once you get to that stage where do you go from there/

yes, according to the morons in this thread.

inews.co.uk/sport/football/champions-league/liverpool-penalty-moussa-sissoko-handball-video-champions-league-final-tottenham-referee

And they're clearing up the written handball rule for next season (pic related) for common sense lacking retards like you who see a vague ass "law" that pretty much says "consider these 3 things when you give a foul for a handball offence" and think that it's some clear ruling that any referee can judge handballs based on and that referees aren't educated according to official rule interpretations on how to act.

Attached: IMG_20190603_001356.jpg (714x435, 52K)

if anything this was just karma, spurs are the biggest divers in the league, pochettino has even said he trains them to dive and theres nothing wrong with that.

so? he made his body bigger, if you don't award a penalty, I guess every defenders will put the arms that way to reduce crossing opportunities

Do they ever go against what a ref said?

Just a little reminder
while VAR is there, a ref can still decide whatever he wants. Corruption can still be very much alive in the sport today.

clearly you havent played a single sport in your life, you dont point everytime when cross is delivered, and clearly he tried to move his arm out of the way, and that is when the ball touched his arm

It doesn't work like this. Sissoko can be unwillingly swing his arm but he has know than in the box you can't do that. Even for pointing something at your teammates, just don't swing your fucking arm.

that cross would have got to salah and it would have been a goal if he didnt handball it so no loss. its our own faults that we didnt score, we had 89 more minutes. kane is a tosser for lying about his fitness

someone post the webm of the Liverpool handball in the box against Barca that wasn't given despite the blatant handling

>cant do a traditional 10 second heil when the opposition are crossing
game has gone lads

clearly you're the mentally challenged one and didn't even read my post. according to you, if you hold your arm out to communicate with teammates it doesn't matter if it blocks the ball, because you're just trying to communicate. so why not hold my arm out all the time and just make it look like i'm communicating with my teammate?

>next season
that means 'not this season'

If players do that they risk the ball hitting them directly on their arms what would be a penalty. The important thing here is the bounce.

Have you not seen Salah?

Salah didn't have s single shot on target during the match outside the penalty

no webm
youtube.com/watch?v=Xdgu5R84zko
>psstt nothing personal Messi.

"diving" is a big word. most "dives" are legit fouls when the player emphasize the foul by overacting, referees are humans if you don't "play" the foul most of the time they will ignore it

>Have you not seen Salah?
yeah saw him today carrying the european cup, what a fucking player

butterfly effect

its too late, youve taken the chance and youre at the mercy of the guy with the ball

You should be grateful that a penalty was given so early - it forced Liverpool into playing a style for 95 minutes that allowed Tottenham to control the game.

Had it not been a penalty, I have very little doubt that liverpool would've gone into their usual possession-controlling gameplay style and only become more dominant throughout the game - even if they did score eventually.

>kane goes shoulder to shoulder
>dives, rolls, appeals
>english media pretends it didnt happen
lost all sympathy for spurs at that point

this makes up for that dive spurs did in the 2-2 draw with them a year or two ago. last minute dive for a pen they scored after salah scored a late 'winner'

>have 95 minutes to score
>dont score

how did you think you were gonna win. liverpoo would have scored another if they needed to

you just fucking bottled it. AGAIN.

dont try to be an aeroplane

you sure? last year liverpool played a similar final
sofascore.com/liverpool-real-madrid/UsEgb
sofascore.com/liverpool-tottenham/IsU

You mean when Van Djik kicked Lamela in the back of the leg
youtube.com/watch?v=JpwiVTSI8XY

It was harsh but still a pen, mane aimed for his arm but he shouldn’t have had it out in the first place, the Son handball on the other hand never even touched any part of his arm

that was their 2nd fucking pen too. most refball game of all time

>Kicking somebody in the back isn't a penalty

last years real madrid were 10 times the team this spurs one is though

of course, feels like liverpool could only win against spurs in the final

does it matter if it hits his chest first? I’m not familiar with the particulars of the rule, but it hits his arm and hand pretty directly, the way his arm and hand move as it rolls down his arm is slightly unnatural to me.

He was w/ his arms wide open tho
that's what made te ref concede a penal

>does it matter if it hits his chest first?
Yes, it does. The handball has to be intentional and he can't predict that the ball will bounce to his arm after hitting his chest. rules here I agree that he shouldn't have his arm stretched like that because it can lead to an error from the ref, but it's an error from the ref nevertheless.

ah yes this is definitely NOT handling the ball when you literally move the direction of the ball with your hand

Attached: 1372649203000.png (374x400, 44K)

It hits the underarm/underneath his shoulder.
No matter where his arm was, his shoulder position would barely change, and as it rolls down his arm after he's moved it to a natural position, it would have hit his arm anyway even if they were down there

he could have purposefully done that (held out his arm, “pointing”) to stop a waist level cross going in, in a cheeky way

And that real team lost to spurs in the group stages, Liverpool just like to play defensive football in finals, don’t blame them their strength is in countering

Who the fuck cares, the final was a boring shit show, never let English teams get into the finals because they will be a disappointment

>the movement of the hand towards the ball
sissoko fucked up having his arm like that in the area and moving his arm downwards altering the trajectory of the ball

Becuase if the ref didn't give that bogus penalty Liverpool wouldn't have spent the entire match playing Burnley tier football with all men behind the ball

but he has his arm like that before the ball was even coming towards him

This thread is why there should be more yellows for dissent

so it would have ended 4-0 liverpoo instead of 2-0

Yeah it wasn't a penalty, but they won by 2 goals so it doesn't really matter.

Nice try at justifying how shitty they played.

>its fine to have your arms in any position you want at any time as long as the ball hasnt been hit yet
what

Imagine if players had to have their arms sticked to their bodies for the whole 90 minutes

meh its not even that controversial
you dont move in the box with your hands up

Not a handball and clear match fixing

imagine closing down with your hands out like a keeper
might make attacking quite hard

Based. I couldn't see who was holding it because he lifted it infront of his face. Left side near the back of the bus, one or two down from Bobby

Not really, because if it hits your arm (first) it's a penalty.

Liverpool did score another

We know

so what if you're doing that, but it hits your foot and ricochets up onto your arn, thats fine then? even though you had your arms out like a keeper?

>flick ball up at opponent
>win
The Burgers were right about this semen slurping sport

The butthurt in this thread is DELICIOUS

According to the rules, it's not a penalty. You can argue that the rules are wrong but under the rules the game was played it isn't a penalty and the ref was wrong to award it.

Perfect ABL test. Imagine if the kits were inverted lmao.

the rules aren't the rules though, are they, interpretation is fundamental and the prevailing interpretation (as clarified in next years rules) is that its a pen

>the rules aren't the rules though, are they, interpretation is fundamental
lmao no, the rules are pretty clear.
>the prevailing interpretation is that its a pen
it isn't, most handballs that come from a bounce off some part of the body are not called by refs.

>the rules of football are clear
oh you've never seen a football match before this one, okay this thread makes sense now

Oh you've never read the current rules of handball before, okay your posts make sense now.

>it isn't, most handballs that come from a bounce off some part of the body are not called by refs.
They are in the Champions League as was heavily publicized. They will be in all leagues from next season onwards since the March revision to Law 12.

If you don't like the rules, don't show up for UEFA sanctioned tournaments. Like Spanish teams.

>don't show up for UEFA sanctioned tournaments. Like Spanish teams.
I'm pretty sure Spanish teams are the ones that have won more UEFA sanctioned tournaments overall, but hey.
The rules say it isn't a penalty, just admit it and get on with it.

>The rules say it isn't a penalty, just admit it and get on with it.
I can tell you are an expert. Football has laws, not rules.

it is exactly the same for the subject at hand

>that means 'not this season'
Are you retarded or just unable to read? CURRENT official rule interpretation, FUTURE written rule. The fucking UEFA head of referees is literally explaining it more in depth in the article I linked. You would've known that if you knew how to/bothered to read.

Why would you point to a teammate whose back is to you you dumb fuck

>lmao no, the rules are pretty clear
lmao what? Did you just honestly say that the rules regarding handling the ball are pretty clear? "When you make a decision, try to consider the distance of the opponent, hand movement and that hand position doesn't necessarily mean an offence (implying that usually it does, but that there might be a multitude of other factors in play, so not necessarily)" is clear and there is a clear unified line on what counts as a handball? Absolutely not vague as all hell and dependent on a billion different ways of interpretation?

didnt think this webm would ever be relevant again

Attached: hulk.webm (480x480, 1001K)

"Handling the ball involves a deliberate act of a player making contact with the ball with the hand or arm".
The key word here is 'deliberate'.
And if you add:
"the movement of the hand towards the ball (not the ball towards the hand)"
and
"the position of the hand does not necessarily mean that there is an offence"
then the rules are very clear in this specific scenario.

Imagine getting to a CL final against all odds
only to have a nigger ruin it for you with a handball in the penalty box

How the fuck is that specific? What has to be deliberate? The act that causes the contact with the arm or does the player literally have to in his mind intend to handle the ball? Can you spread your arms out wide with the intent of spooking the opponent and the ball hits, it won't be a foul because you didn't intend to handle the ball?

The position doesn't necessarily mean that there is an offence? So when does the position matter? Not a single word on that. Does it matter at all? Does it matter only when the hand is in a certain position because the player decided to put it in that position? Or is it the other way around?

None of it is concrete or set in stone, it's all up to the referees judgment. The only case where it isn't so is "-touching the ball with an object held in the hand (clothing, shinguard, etc.) is an offence
hitting the ball with a thrown object (boot, shinguard, etc.) is an offence"

But none of that even matters, you've already been BTFO by the UEFA head of referees. If you'd just read the article.

Are french niggers the most retarded "human beings" in the world? i mean look at the current football brainlets with ability and no brains.

>dembele
>sissoko
>mangala
>kimpembe
>mendy
>mendy
>mendy

this was literally the most brainlet thing i have ever seen in a champions league final and the penalty is wholly deserved. it may not be a true penalty, but i feel even the referee thought that being a brainlet deserves punishment

>fully extend your arm inside area
>ball hits it
>no penalty
Literally what sport do you watch, dumbass. That's a penalty anywhere in the world

Which Article?

>it has to be intentional for it to be a handball
nigger what
you can't actually be this thick right

>yfw sissoko hands in a 3000 word Kantian essay about how it was not a hand ball because it was not his intention to handle the ball

Attached: 1558109111091.jpg (1178x1280, 103K)

>It wasn't a penalty.

Attached: 2019CLfinal-for-dumbos.png (400x700, 27K)

How is this allowed?

Lmao nice sport yurocucks

would have scored three if it didn't happen tho

But it didn't touch that part of his arm, when it did hit his arm his am was in a different position