Who had the better season?

Who had the better season?

Attached: Untitled-design-1[1].png (1000x562, 369K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7045151/Manchester-City-fan-storms-Wembley-press-box-directs-foul-mouthed-rant-journalists.html
agi.it/sport/calcio_accordo_juve-guardiola_firma_4_giugno-5528607/news/2019-05-23/
youtube.com/watch?v=XVFf3kAyXJ8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No one has held premier league twice in a row since Fergie in 2009
An English team won the CL in 2012

I'll let everyone else decide

Both wanted what the other won. But City won 3 trophies so City had the better season.

Man City.

>Gets knocked out of the CL by SPURS
Liverpool clearly had the better season, they righted last seasons CL final humiliation and came 2nd in the league with their best points ever, City just won the league AGAIN with their £2bn squad. PSG of England

Who cares? They both had better seasons than United and Everton.

I would say Liverpool.
Manci surely won more trophies but they didn't get th biggest cup. And Manci really needed that one to justify their multi-billion $ input from rich jews and arabs.

Liverpool won the cup of the cups as a actually rather mediocre team thanks to Klopp. So clearly Liverpool. Even Tottenham has a better season than Manci.

Every English football fan cares more about the Premier League than the Champions League. The fact that City also picked up the other two domestic trophies is just a bonus for them.

>Basing a whole season on two games which were decided by a marginal offside

The fact that Liverpool fought tottenshit in the final kind of ruined the prestige of the CHL trophy

I understand your viewpoint because winning the German league isn't that big of an achievement given the same team wins it every year

>Manci surely won more trophies but they didn't get th biggest cup. And Manci really needed that one to justify their multi-billion $ input from rich jews and arabs.

I would say the first people to do back to back EPL since the fergie era with record points against another billion dollar team while winning the domestic treble justifies that spend.

Liverpool

>dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7045151/Manchester-City-fan-storms-Wembley-press-box-directs-foul-mouthed-rant-journalists.html
City fans blame journalists on the fact that no one cares about their soulless club's meaningless achievements

liverpool obviously

City obviously, they won 3 trophies: 82% win rate

>zoomers think liverpool got a better season because the referees ignored robertson's red card, matip's handball and because dembele missed a sitter

Seething

This is something I don't understand. How was the Matip one not handball if the one last night was?

simple. referees have huge ego, they're not fans of VAR, they don't want their decision to be overturned

>2 games
What about all the other games against the other league winners of Europe?

man city
they won the league

Which is better a premier or a champions

champions is won by second rate teams who struggle to win the league

This.

There was literally 1 league champions in the Semi-Finals.

one is 10x harder to win than the other for an english side
so yeah lmao

Matips hand was by his side rather than fully stretched out

Champions League is hardly a league, it goes to a knockout formout halfway through

City obviously

PL > CL

yeah exactly the most prestigious competition in any sport is always knock out format, thats how it works, you cant give away the top trophy without a final

>let's have Champions of Macedonia and Gibraltar play in the cup instead of Dortmund, Lyon and Atletico it's a fraudulent description otherwise

Champions of top 8 leagues in a league format would be best option

>Liverpool win Post-VAR Champions league
>City win Pre-VAR Premier league.

Liverpool have better season.

wow thats actually fucking babyish, what seething faggot crybabys

>Farça/Mandril era has come to an end
>Liverpool v City is the new clasico of europe
How do you cope Yea Forums?

Attached: no goal m8.jpg (400x400, 52K)

who played the better football? city
who won the most trophies? city

obviously city then

not a league then, is it

>implying
they'd have lost to Wet Spam at the very least

The amount of refball Liverpool got in their favour this season to even get close to City was amazing.

>mickey mouse trophies
yawn

Only the Champions League matters, not even kidding.

>played the better football
>lost to spurs
HMMMMMMM

over the course of the season yeah
city played far superior football to liverpool who scraped a lot of wins/draws in dire matches through pure luck/refball
city can comfortably beat their opponents without having to sweat

imagina se o barcelona tivesse ganhado, o quando ia valer essa merda

@ me in a first world language please

>back to back EPL
>since the """fergie era""'
Is this supposed to be an accomplishment?

1st domestic treble ever amazing. But Liverpool because they clearly are building momentum with a club and manager that have a true bond. Meanwhile City are looking paranoid and nervous desperate to cling to their reign and to Guardiola who is approaching the time he needs to go to recharge in his lazarus chamber.

not really
liverpool got very lucky with a lot of wins/draws this season which they obviously won't replicate next season
meanwhile city have got 98+ points two seasons in a row which means they have shown they have what it takes to be consistent
liverpool won't get within 10 points of them after christmas I would put my mortgage on it

>City won three titles
>Liverpool won zero titles
Take a hard guess.

>came 2nd in the league with their best points ever,
Being a runner up is irrelevant.

indeed, BUT matip controlled the ball with his hand, putting it away from messi

Titles aren't everything. Liverpool's story of UCL redemption is a much better moment than City's title dominance. That's why after they win their 1st treble City fans rush into a press box just to complain about Salah. They feel nothing.

Aren't liverpool going to spend extensively this season as well? Their buys have been more or less on point. They will be adding more depth to their squad this season and I believe they have a more balanced squad even right now.

But tbf Pep had to go without KDB for most of this season. He needs to stay fit for the next one if they have a chance at stopping liverpool.

It's actually pretty funny in that each team won the wrong title. Liverpool fans wanted the league and City fans wanted the CL.

No offense but I am seeing quite of a lot of liverpool fans saying "this is how you win without slave money" after their UCL victory and there was quite a lot of whining about slave money again after shittys PL win.

liverpool also flukes their way out of the group stage

Barça

Liverpool.
Man City were given piss easy draws in their two cup wins but lost to spuds in the CL, and nobody cares about their "treble". The fact that both EL and CL finals featured FOUR English sides and yet Man City wasn't even one of them says it all.

liverpool was closer to the europa league than city ever was this season

>The fact that both EL and CL finals featured FOUR English sides and yet Man City wasn't even one of them says it all.

Why the fuck would they be in EL finals you tard? It actually speaks volumes about their PL win where they had to overcome all these teams to win it.

>Winning 0 trophies is better than winning 3
An american in Germany???

They both won a title the other never have, so they're equal

>overcome all these teams to win it
What teams? Spurs, United, Arsenal, and Chelsea spent 2 months playing "top 4 is lava"

City's record against the EPL top 6 this season, all competition's included AND CL record:

w 15
d 3
l 3

Liverpool's record against the EPL top 6 this season, all competition's included AND CL record:

w 13
d 5
l 6

But the fact they dominated the European tournaments makes them good and ergo makes Liverpool's accomplishments more impressive as well? Funny that.

Even if they weren't playing top 4 is lava city would've won. That's how good their season was this year.

>Even if they weren't playing top 4 is lava city would've won.
Exactly, that is my point.

CL wins over domestic cups. That's why no one says Juve or Bayern had an amazing season

EPL is a different matter than bundes or serie A

seething scouser

Did you see when son "handballed" in the box? When it clearly hit his chest

what the fuck does that even mean lmao

CL groupstages

Basing a season off a few millimeter on the line

>Everyone is talking about Liverpool and what an amazing season they had
>No one is talking about City other than their possible impending CL ban from UEFA

Geee... I wonder

>implying anyone cares about Manchester City

Now in English, macaco.

no

>No one has held premier league twice in a row since Fergie in 2009

Do people in England even care about that now that Liverpool won another CL?I know no one ever mentions City over here.

Well considering the fact that Manchester city won
The premier league
The league cup (carabao)
The Football association cup (FA cup)

And consider themselves treble winners from England , apart the fact that Liverpool only won a champions league...

I think by that city had a better season

(Btw Liverpool just lost 1 game in the premier league)

>possible impending CL ban from UEFA
lol yeah no you're delusional if you think this'll happen

They are in a one horse race. Very different from the epl. Liverpool has won 2 Cl and no premier leagues.

Neither won a title they didn't have before, so both failed

Objectively, City.
Subjectively, Liverpool. They were never the favorites to win the league and had some tough matches in the CL. More of a surprise they didn't slip in the final. They got better as in they improved more from last season. Even without blatant refball they'd be second and the CL was never gonna be a problem. Big spirit.
On the other hand, don't underrate the FA cup. League cup was a fluke tho.

Liverpool. Champions is more important than any local trophy, even if they're 3 (FA and EFL are quite irrelevant)

Are we just making stuff up now ABLbros? I didn't get the memo
>letting a syphilis ridden faggot like van dijk win the CL
Did i do good?

>actually advocating super league bollocks because a team you dont like won a trophy

State

Subjectively I would say Liverpool because they've progressed.

Last year was "heavy metal football" which was more exciting to watch but this year they've become dead-eyed killers capable of holding onto narrow leads, breaking down bus parkers and winning when they aren't playing well.

Are Man City playing better football than last year? I don't think so, perhaps getting more out of Raheem Sterling counts, although admittedly there is a 'ceiling effect'.

That's like asking who had the better season last year. Barcelona or Real? Real won the CL. Doesn't matter that they shat the bed in the league.

City fans don't even care about the CL lol

almost like the press are full of bitter fans of the old big clubs or something lol

>beating burton swansea and other shitters for meaningless domestic cups
Vs.
>beating the champion of nearly every big league to be kings of Europe

Look at this objectively, seething cuckaloid

or the treble judging by their parade turnout and ground

City is already forgotten.

Why would you ever want to follow a sport that has this problem?

Liverpool only really beat Barca this year
They had an easy run and still managed to be the first ever CL winner with 4 losses

They both had a better season than each other. What I mean by that is, City may have won the League, FA and LC trophies, but they would have happily traded all of them for the CL. Likewise, Liverpool won the CL, but the League is the one they really wanted.

Attached: Consider the following, JoJo.gif (500x281, 458K)

I really think it was even to be honest. I'm not sure what I'd prefer, a domestic treble or just a CL win? Hard to decide, maybe the CL win just pips it though

>PSG, Napoli, Barca and Bayern is an easy run

Liverpool are the only team to do that though. United, City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Blackburn and Leicester all have more PL titles than CL. Even then Liverpool have more league titles than European ones

Making a comparison between two teams who were separated by 1 point in the league and won the cups that were to be won.
I'd say that for City the season was kinda ruined because they wanted to win everything, but were knocked out of UCL too early in the quarters, but realising the domestic triple kinda makes up for it.
For Liverpool the season was kinda ruined for getting so close to being EPL champs, but winning the UCL certainly makes up for it.
I bet City would give 5 years of winning both domestic cups in exchange for UCL, while Liverpool only wants to win EPL. Considering these, I'd say they had a good season equally.

Attached: thinking.jpg (534x443, 24K)

Liverpool had to play the best team all over Europe to get the CL.
City had to stroll over teams with 1/10th of their budget to win mickey mouse cups.

And other than Barca, those teams are shit.

>Liverpool had to play the best team all over Europe to get the CL.
They only played Barca who were any decent.

>everyone in the cl is shit apart from barca, liverpool and city
>WTF THEY HAD AN EASY RUN
but then liverpool had the hardest run because they actually faced another 'good' team

So what point is it you're trying to make, you dumb ape?

You're the one who started sperging out about the quality of opposition as if it had any relevance to post the post this fella made

Obviously Liverpool.

im a completely different poster moron, im just demonstrating your argument to be a load of shite, nothing personal like

Liverpool

>i-it's not m-me

Again; what point is it you're trying to make, you dumb ape?

City, undoubtedly.

>what point is it you're trying to make, you dumb ape?
>im just demonstrating your argument to be a load of shite, nothing personal like

Attached: 1559436989568.jpg (404x404, 28K)

why are scousers so fucking stupid? is it the irish and welsh ancestry in them?

But you've not even done that though. You're like those huehues on here who argue by saying people are wrong but never explain why.

>is it the irish
Yes.

I posted facts

>B-b-b-but you've not even done that though
lmao alright lad just messing around, better luck next season

Attached: 1559445374796.png (810x780, 733K)

Here comes the damage control

Attached: cameron-david-happ_1762769c.jpg (460x287, 28K)

From the perspective of their respective ownerships, Liverpool.

The foreign owners who get into PL soccer don't care about winning a domestic cup/league/etc, there's a million of them (MC won three of them this season alone) but it's the Champions League that matters.

Mohammed bin Mohammed wants to beat his cousin/brother/uncle who owns some French team in the Champions League.

who got quints

for real though lads though how many domestic trophies would you trade for a CL, i'd say 2 leagues + 5 assorted minor trophies is a decent deal

>From the perspective of their respective ownerships, Liverpool.
the fuck??

what's funny is that city and liverpool all won the trophy the other wanted the most

One ownership group is from Boston, the other is from Agrabah. None of them cares about the people of Manchester or Liverpool. None of them is from England so neither cares about winning the English league.

The Champions League's reach extends even as far out as the USA, though.

i hate you yanks so fucking mauch

>i hate you champions league-winning yanks so fucking much
ftfy

honestly who gives a flying fuck what Man City do?

If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

you haven't won it though you fat fuck.

they did actually, the owner wins it the most

this is yank-tier stupidity. behave yourself or i will slap that fucking croque monsieur right out of your mouth

uh oh it's been a while I didn't have a real croque monsieur, will eat one tomorrow

I get that the English Premier League is the richest league in the world, but come on. The Champion's League is the best teams from the entire WORLD! Real couldn't make it to the final, nor Barca, or any other super club. Liverpool truly had the best season as they had no business winning it over EVERY SINGLE OTHER CLUB IN THE ENTIRE WORLD. Fuck anyone who says the league is more important

They fucking won it you dumbass, god I hate you

Maybe, but Sheikhs and the foreign supporters don't care about that compared to the CL. They'd trade it all for the CL. PSG and City are desperate for the CL. They didn't invest oil money for domestic trophies, but for the CL. Domestic fans may be happy, but ownership and foreign fans are disappointed.

League is a huge accomplishment, and harder to win, but nothing captures the hearts of men like knockout tournaments. The World Cup is knockout because that's what creates the drama that inspires and grips people.

The only way that a League trophy will ever eclipse the CL is if there is a Super League. Even then, the inevitable international Cup tourney would still be rated higher by fans.

This. Rumors of UEFA action against City including a ban from Europe could trigger a release clause in Pep's contract allowing him to sign elsewhere. That's what I think is behind the Pep to Juve rumors. They know that UEFA action is coming and Pep has already worked out contract details with Juve, to sign the contract on June 4th and to be announced June 14th. That is going to cause the City project to crumble.

Meanwhile, Pool are really clicking and this trophy will justify opening the war chest for Klopp even more as well as make them one of the top destinations for young talent like de Ligt. Things are looking very up for them.

Barca is a mess. Valverde needs to go, but the question is still who to replace him. And that squad needs some retooling. They have great pieces that aren't fitting well and far too much reliance on Messi and just waiting for Messi to do something. This season was approaching Argentina levels of reliance. They need a Suarez replacement badly.

What a fucking terrible post.

>domestic treble
sure is mls in here

True, but it still doesn't top CL. That's the cup of cups.

We will know for sure on June 14th if Pep is announced for Juve. He most likely has a release clause for UEFA/FA action that would then void his contract. If the smoke surrounding Juve is proven, then the reason for Pep's departure would be incoming Europe ban.

City lost to Spurs ffs

ooookaaay. thanks for your constructive feedback. do you have any particular issues with it or are you just assmad in general?

Which has nothing to do with Liverpool's run, you fucking thick nigger.

Keep up with the times.

Is not the entire purpose of this shit thread to discuss which of these clubs had a better season? City choking to spurs in the biggest fucking tournament while Liverpool wins the whole thing is kind of relevant. You'd better run because I think I hear the call to prayer in Trafalgar Square.

>Pep to Juve
Sarri's name is drying on the contract as we speak

>don’t underrate the FA cup
They didn’t play a single top half PL team in the entire competition. Beating teams that far below them with the stacked squad they have that means rotation isn’t even an issue, is not that impressive. The league title was City’s only notable achievement this season.

It was irrelevant to the points that were being talked about. Can always rely of retarded burgers to shit up a football thread with their clueless musings.

>this seething man u customer
lmao

>Real
>Barca
>good

We shall see. This wouldn't all surprise me. I'm just still not ready to just entirely jettison all of the smoke from high tier sources about Pep to Juve. Maybe it doesn't pan out, but to my mind with Pep having already signed an extension, the only way that any of that makes sense that there are even talks is because management at City already knows which way the wind blows and UEFA is going to hand down a Europe ban. Maybe Sarri signs for Juve and Pep stays, but this amount of smoke regarding at the very least negotiations tells me UEFA is indeed handing down a ban. The earliest we would see confirmation would be June 14th if Pep was announced. If he doesn't sign, we'll have to wait for UEFA or some really credible leaks.

Chelsea actually

ah, have you switched now that man u are doing shit?

>league win, fa cup win, league cup win, charity shield win and quarter finals of champions league
apparently worse than
>2nd in league, 3rd round of fa cup (lost to wolves), 3rd round of league cup (lost to chelsea), CL win

Attached: uwotm8.png (318x400, 99K)

When I think of the season's biggest matches for city I think of 4-3 win loss to spurs

When I think of the season's biggest matches for city I think of 4-0 win against barca

That's the thing about city right now. They are so exceptional things become routine, so we focus on their records and titles and numbers. When it comes to really memorable games and performances none really stand out for me besides Kompany's amazing goal and more so for the moment it was.

But the 4-3 against spurs was so great. Sad the way it turned out for them but I'm desperate for more games like that and moments like Kompany's.

>I'm just still not ready to just entirely jettison all of the smoke from high tier sources about Pep to Juve.
"high tier sources". WTF are you talking about you bloated mess? The man himself as categorically said they're bullshit.

>When it comes to really memorable games and performances
Like fucking over Liverpool's title chances with the 2-1, or destroying Chelsea? Or the clusterfuck that was the Schalke game?

>city
whoops meant liverpool obviously

Of course it's relevant. The entire purpose of your line of reasoning was to heavily discount Liverpool's accomplishment because their path wasn't "difficult" enough and that this implies that City's accomplishments were better because Liverpool just lucked out with easy draws. That's bullshit. The other team being discussed drew Schalke in the first round and then bombed out to Spurs whom Liverpool defeated in the final. If you are going to try to discount the CL run, then the fact that City bombed out in the quarters against a Spurs side that Liverpool defeated is pretty relevant seeing as it's the premier tournament. You just don't like that you can't discount the CL run without me pointing out that it makes City look shittier.

It's just a stream in inane irrelevant arse gravy from you isn't it? Man City didn't win the CL, it's irrelevant. No one was talking about their run in the CL, it's irrelevant.
Stick to ape collide and coon hoop, fella.

?

your thoughts on liverpool getting knocked out of both domestic cups at the first round entered?

your thoughts on being 7 pts clear of city at like xmas and still coming 2nd?

Attached: stop.png (297x326, 81K)

*6 you ABL pussy.

Liverpool were two goals away from entering the Europa League. They only entered the KO stages of the CL by virtue of point 7 on UEFA's tie-breaker list, that being they scored 9 goals in the group stage to Napoli's 7.

>one army wins European War

>meanwhile a bunch of Mancs beat up a bunch of random Brit tribes

clearly the former

>The absolute STATE of seething shitty customers in this thread

SIX FUCKING TIMES LA.

Luigi Guelpa was the first reporter to break Ronaldo to Juve. He is the one who broke the story about Pep agreeing to 4 year €24MM deal with Juve to sign on June 4th and to be announced June 14th.

agi.it/sport/calcio_accordo_juve-guardiola_firma_4_giugno-5528607/news/2019-05-23/

Here is the link to AGI which is essentially Italian Reuters and not known for publishing bullshit.

Again, Pep can say all he wants, but many players and coaches have said one thing in the media and then did the complete opposite. They have no obligation to tell the truth when the truth might harm ongoing negotiations. They will say whatever it takes to keep media shitstorms from forming and manage it.

I'm not saying that this means it's true. But quality sources have given this credence. Pep may not sign, but I do believe that talks have been had and terms discussed. maybe he doesn't sign, but there's fire of some sort here and all that does is make me confidant that UEFA action is already known by City management.

i love how spee customers would rather support sand neggers than scousers

The ABL mental gymnastics lol. Time to pick up a new sport to follow you mutant.

>high-tier sources
>it's one gob shite italian
Fucking embarrassing.

>Again, Pep can say all he wants
Yes he can. And seeing as it's relevant to his future career I suspect he knows more about it than you or your "high tier sources"

>ABL
absolutely cringing at some fat nigger in his pokey wood hut thinking he's some legit scouse lad because he post turd like this.

Attached: l.jpg (330x319, 47K)

A club could finish 10th in the Prem and bomb out first round of both domestic cups every year for 10 years, but if they also won the CL every year for those 10 years, they would be heralded as the greatest club to ever take the pitch. That's the reality. I'm not saying that City had a terrible season. It was excellent. How could I say otherwise. However, the CL is still the Wild Card Draw 4. That fucking Sheikh would trade all three of those trophies for the CL. HE views it as a failure because the CL is what all those oil barons want. The domestic stuff is to springboard to the CL. How can I say that City had a better when City's own owner would trade all the domestic success for the trophy Liverpool just won?

Enjoy your Europe ban.

>A club could finish 10th in the Prem and bomb out first round of both domestic cups every year for 10 years, but if they also won the CL every year for those 10 years
This is why Yanks are laughed at in football threads

>there are people itt that unironically believe that burnley and brighton are harder competition than bayern and psg

That fat nigger in his pokey wood hut has you absolutely shaken though la

I love how you think I'm a Man Cty fan simply because I point out the dumb shit you post and your tiny black mind cannot comprehend that I could possibly be a fan of any other on the hundreds on clubs in this county.

Man City won't be thrown out of Europe anyway. CAS will overturn it on appeal.

You seem rattled his dumb shit is being exposed, Tariq.

Thanks for the you m8.

Attached: 1421694152805.jpg (442x933, 71K)

let me guess, you've never seen your lads win the CL?

During the same time period Real won 4 out of 5 CLs, they only won the league once. Barcelona won it thrice. How many people in fifty years are going to say Barcelona were better though?

>continues to ignore reality
Players continually make career decisions based on where they can get CL access. They don't care about coming and winning an FA cup or the League. They all aspire to win the CL. Sure, local fans may care about the league, but football isn't local anymore. City's and Liverpool's ownership isn't even fucking local for crying out loud. The domestic trophies for sure mean something, but CL is simply more prestigious. Football is global now and global competition is what the doctor ordered. You may not like it, but it's inevitable...as is Super League. The momentum of money has already said so.

Confirmed for having no retort. You're done here. Off you pop, chubbs.

Absolutely this.

The reality of what? You cannot even see the flaw in what you've posted, you thick twat.

6(SIX) Times ;)

Liverpool. Every big clubs want CL. Not every big clubs want domestic title/trophies.

CAS will overturn what? They banned English clubs for 5 years after Heysel. Why on earth would they be prohibited from banning one club?I It isn't a labor issue. City has no right to play in UEFA competitions. There's no grounds for overturning it and that sounds like hopelessly wishful thinking.

this is one of the best examples of confirmation bias you'll ever see on Yea Forums

>How many people in fifty years are going to say Barcelona were better though?
You mean the treble winning Barca?

You're a plastic, lad. No one takes your goading seriously, even genuine Liverpool fans despise you.

You really think Sheik Mansor doesn’t have a raging hard on for the CL? You really think the PL matters to him when they’re woefully behind United and Pool in that regard. And you’re calling people thick. Lmao at you

Thanks for another you. Glad you’re thinking of me so much.

>CAS will overturn what? They banned English clubs for 5 years after Heysel.
Fuck me, you're tragically thick. Try and guess what is wrong with this part I've quoted. I'd be seriously impressed if you understand what is wrong here.

So you cannot see what is wrong with your comment? Go play with the cops, fella.

Not a rebuttal. Answer the question.

What flaw? Enlighten me, oh ascended master. The CL is the tits. It alone is worth the price to enter. More people dream of winning the CL than they do the FA cup and League. And if given the choice, most players would choose to win the CL. Just because English fans are still living mentally in bye-gone eras doesn't mean you have a leg to stand on. Everyone outside your tiny island is in agreement that Liverpool just had the best season of clubs in Europe. Lots of clubs had successful campaigns and won silverware and shared in glory, but Liverpool just took home THE prize.

nah i'd rather win the fa cup than the league or the CL propa english competition that biggest in the world anyone who says otherwise is a bitter kopite

That was one season out of 5. For the other 4 years they were knocked out in the quarters. At their peak you could argue they were better, but for the entire 5 year time period?

On. What. Grounds. Would. They. Overturn. Ban?

UEFA banned English clubs for 5 years. That's a fact. I'm clearly some kind of mental nigger for not seeing your salient point that is so strikingly absent from your post.

>At their peak you could argue they were better
So you've just contradicted yourself, mate.

Englel sounds more and more like America.
>view their domestic competition as best in the world
>disregard CL
>even though rest of the world view CL as the highest competition on club level

How? Their peak was the season where they won the CL lol.

>More people dream of winning the CL than they do the FA cup and League.
Plebs do, patricians know that the FA Cup is the thinking man’s cup

The rest of the world is just seething over how good and entertaining the Premier League is. Reminder: 4 PL teams in the European finals.

>UEFA banned English clubs for 5 years.
Completely fucking irrelevant. Two completely separate and unconnected events. Why are you even bringing this up?

It has absolutely nothing to do with Man City possibly breaching FFP, which CAS will overturn on appeal as Man City's lawyers will tear apart the flaws in UEFA's decision.

FA cup is biggest? They don't even broadcast that. At least Prem games are watched around the world. If you're happy winning a tournament in your backyard, so be it. but don't act like it's anything other than provincialism. Enjoy your tin pot. The CL is where billions of eyes will be. And even your FA cup winning players would trade it in a heartbeat for a CL. If that's the case, it doesn't speak well of the FA cup.

Because that treble-winning Barca was in that time period.

No one is doing that though.

And? We're talking about the entire 5 year period where Real won 4 Champions Leagues and Barcelona 1. For just 1 season Barcelona were the better side, but that doesn't mean Real weren't better for the other 4.

>oh got i love city so much i cant wait to watch their lawyers in action oh yes yes YESSS GET IN THERE COURT OF ARBITRATION FOR SPORT
you sound like you discovered football last year

What are you struggling to understand here? The quality of a side is not measured purely by their success in the CL. There's no doubt that RM side was a good one, but to suggest the argument in 50 years time will be as cut and dry as you're suggesting is just pure delusion. Even by your own admission you think the treble-winning Barca in that time were better

What flaws? UEFA hosts a tournament and gets to dictate the rules for entrance. There is no right to participate. There is no entitlement to entrance if you don't follow the rules clearly laid out.

They aren't unconnected. The 1985 ban shows that UEFA has the authority and right to bar anyone they want from THEIR competition. FFP rules are part of the qualifications for said tournament and breach of them puts UEFA in a strong position to sanction them just liek they sanctioned English clubs who had nothing to do with some of the problems. If there were any grounds for action, it would be in this case where clubs who were not party to the trouble were sanctioned. But nope..UEFA was well within their rights to do so...as they are here. City is not the first club to face such action. And lawyers aren't magicians who are going to come and wave their wands. There is no standing to win a challenge in this case as FFP applies to all equally as a criteria for entrance in UEFA held competitions.

>you sound like you discovered football last year
And you sound like you only learned English last week.

They broadcast it here m8. You prob just don’t know which games are which cause they fucking play like 18 competitions a year

*CRASH*
*BOOM*
*KPOW*

>the bantz

I think the treble winning side were better during that one very specific season. Real Madrid were obviously better for the rest of the years. If you're only going to remember the 14/15 season, sure Barcelona were better, but if you're going to think about the team that defined the later half of the 2010s, you're going to think about the Real Madrid side that won 3 CLs in a row. The same Real the only won the League twice during that entire decade.

>UEFA hosts a tournament and gets to dictate the rules for entrance.
Yes, but they don't get to overrule CAS decisions, you dense fat fuck.

>They aren't unconnected.
They are though. There is literally no connection at all between Man City possibly violating UEFA's FFP regulations and UEFA being lent on by the British government to ban English clubs from European.

insults only work if you target something the other party is insecure about
now i know two things 1. your a fucking no mark glory hunter 2. my grasp of english is almost certainly better than yours
thats how i made you feel like the little shit you are
learn from it

imagine being this plastic shitstain.

I was being a bit facetious. I can get Championship games too, but how many people are watching abroad really. It's certainly not a prime time ticket like NBC has done with the Prem. It's not a big ticket item and I'm sure that holds for other foreign markets. Whereas, the CL is a worldwide event. To compare the FA cup to the CL is silly. The FA cup is still worth winning, but it's shadow looms larger in English minds out of sentimentality, not out of true relevance.

>they don't get to overrule CAS decisions
You've still not given me the grounds for which CAS would even rule on the matter other than magic lawyer hand-wavy mumbo jumbo.

>There is literally no connection at all between Man City possibly violating UEFA's FFP regulations and UEFA being lent on by the British government to ban English clubs from European.
Other than UEFA having the authority to actually do it.

1. Supporting a team in the 7th level of English football cannot be glory hunting in any way.
2. Your grasp of English is literally paki-tier, you semi-literate shitskin.

>insults only work if you target something the other party is insecure about
And yet look how utterly seething you are when I called out your shit English comprehension.

>replies to Russian poster
>everyone I don't like is "plastic"

>it strikes again

Keep em coming sperg, it's always fun to see meltdowns when you can't argument your """opinions"""

>You've still not given me the grounds for which CAS would even rule on the matter other than magic lawyer hand-wavy mumbo jumbo.
Because Man City have already called out the inconsistencies in UEFA's findings

>Other than UEFA having the authority to actually do it
This was never disputed. What is being disputed is your pathetic attempt at trying to draw some comparison between to completely unrelated incidents and thinking it some how supports your dumb argument.

It's telling also, how you've now dropped the bollocks Pep to Juve argument too now you realise it was a joke.

guy, no one here gives a fuck about the owners, we're not talking club politics. fuckin A, guy

>when you can't argument your """opinions"""
Ah, so you're the dumb semi-literate Brit on a proxy.

>ABLs still seething

6 TIMES LA

Imagine seething this much.

English teams have won the Premier League every year since 2010 at least (that's how far back i looked) so for an English team to win the other one is more unusual

I never said Pep to Juve was a joke. I said that I think it’s 99% chance that talks were actually held and the only way that happens with Pep’s contract extension is if UEFA action is on its way down.

The only reason I connected them is to show UEFA has the authority to ban them. If you don’t despite it, then there’s no need for the comparison. The “inconsistencies” are not going to stand. It’s a sham of a sovereign PR firm masquerading as a football club. No one seriously believes that City hasn’t breached FFP in its operations. CAS is overturning nothing. The ban will come and it will stand.

Pack it up, boys.

bruh

>I never said Pep to Juve was a joke.
I know you didn't, said you now realise it's a joke when it was called out, you thick bastard. You "high tier sources" didn't turn out to be sources at all, it was one gobshite journo who made a shot-in-the-dark claim basically to draw attention to himself and has been shot down by Pep himself.

>CAS is overturning nothing
You don't know this though. You didn't even know who CAS were until I mentioned them.

>The ban will come and it will stand.
You literally have no idea. You've already demonstrated with the Pep to Juve crap that you read little titbits of info and consider them facts because it suits your fuckwitted agenda. Just because UEFA have recommended an expulsion doesn't mean the adjudicatory chamber will commit to it.

Clue yourself up for once, you gormless tit.

This is objectively the best post in this thread.

Now this is some serious coping

UMA

English teams win the pl every year but english teams only win the CL every 5 or 10 years

This is your brain on ABL

Wish Man City owners invested in Finnish football. They could get Mickey Mouse cups from here for much cheaper and it'd benefit us greatly.

City right now might be the best team of all time. CL is a joke compared to premier league. City had a better season this year and last year as well

Why are Liverpool fans so fragile and insecure, lads?

they aren't actual liverpool fans; they're plastics, band-wagoners, glory supporters, frauds, customers. they have no idea what it is to be a fan of a football club. legit, genuine liverpool fans don't behave the way the numpties itt do.

I dont understand if CL is a joke, that they dont easily win it then

You'd like to think so but sadly shitposters are in real life too.

Not quite the same angle but I'm a Red, work near Manchester. Keep it quiet as the office has no business knowing who I suport, not like I'm going to go drinking with any of them. It's been slightly eyebrow raising (though unfortunately not surprising) to hear sp- and reddit-level bollockry spouted in public. All the usual slurs and hearing 'scouse' pronounced with two G's but when not in a match day context it jars, especially when it's from no-marks who support teams like Oldham - who, best will in the world, don't exactly have a history with Liverpool. It's like being round a bunch of insecure teenagers (especially, weirdly, the token bluenose).

I'll admit that gobshites have been around forever but unfortunately the old G.I.F.T has broken. It ain't just online any more. I'm legit waiting for the first fight to break out over 'bantz' (and never have I learned to hate a simple word so much).

It’s 6, lads. Six.

It's just seething mancs though

Liverpool

The fact is Liverpool will always have a better season than city. Imagine being city and spending a billion dollars on this squad it must be like playing a video game with cheats on yeah it's fun at first but eventually it all feels so pointless because you know you didn't really earn any of it. Liverpool on the other hand deserve the Champions League

Liverpool have spent a billion since they lost won the league, city had spent 70m since their last title

Attached: you.jpg (645x729, 81K)

CL is a lot more prestigious than the EPL, but you do need to be more consistent to win the PL since you can apparently meme it into the finals of a CL like Spurs did.

But alas Citeh already won the PL last year so this year no one cared anymore. The other 2 literalwho domestic trophies are worthless.

Seis veces, chamos. SIX ;)

>PSG
Arguably shit
>Napoli
Objectively shit

Jesus christ you cringed away any sympathy I had for you, your point or your support for Liverpool.
Fucking mutt glory hunters stop shitting up my board REEEEE

City are under investigation by the FA, FIFA, and UEFA for being fucking trash.

back to back EPL is rare

>Implying anyone would willingly switch to Chelsea, especially a customer
Come on m8 try harder

>came 2nd in the league with their best points ever
youtube.com/watch?v=XVFf3kAyXJ8

You're obviously a bit retarded.

obviously city
they were better throughout the year and won 3 trophies
liverpoo only won 1, in a competition where being the best isnt a requisite to participate anymore, and where often the luckiest rich club wins

those get knocked out early, but pre bosman champions of top 12 leagues were actual contenders

They will win next year

Ever licked a nognog's dick, mate?

No but I know your mum has

Was it yours?

Yes, did she tell you?

Confirmed coon

Lol what