Why did people think this was a boring final?

Why did people think this was a boring final?

Attached: 27655349_277629059434273_4290700780781612966_n.jpg (630x754, 66K)

because their team didnt win it

because it was

The CL final hasn't been a good game in many years now

would you rather watch a champions league final like real juventus where, from an early stage of the game, you can already see who's going to win because of superior stamina?

i'd much rather watch a tense game like the one last night

ABL cope. By trashing the quality of last night's cerebral clash of the titans they hope to diminish Liverpool's well fought Conquest of Europe.
ABLism is chronic and sadly incurable, and I hope these people get the palliative care they so desperately need. Klopp's success will likely cause these people even further physical and mental degeneration as they finally shuffle off this mortal coil.

pretty much all final games turn out to be crap quality wise. last night's game had quality but lacked entertainment, and that's what most people want to see.

they just wanna be entertained with a lot of goals and fast pace

last good one was 2015 i guess
honestly both teams played extremely shit tho

the trophy was won in the semi-finals

liverpool just did a professional job on spurs, it was basically a routine win

I'd rather watch a norwegian third division GOOD game instead of a boring game with loaded teams, any time

penalty in the 1st minute was anticlimatic
Sloppy play from Liverpool overall, Spurs started to fuck up everytime they reached the final 3rd or took weak shots

2018 was very entertaining though
Karius
Ramos and Salah
Bale's goal

Pen in the first 20 seconds completely killed the game

the same reason they think you didn't deserve 2nd place at wc.
modern football is 90% luck, it's boring to watch.

Here's hoping Liverpool win the premiership next year.

Attached: milady.jpg (533x800, 97K)

everyone on this board worships the WC 2010, when that was one of the most boring and low-quality tournaments in recent history.

how do you explain that?

it didnt offer anything to the neutral spectator. both teams are unable to play with the ball, hoofballs every 20 seconds, horrendous passing rates, almost no shots on target, no dribbles, no duels, very slow movement, very low covered distance, no emotional intensity (son was perhaps the only guy with fire on the field), quiet and boring stadium atmosphere (and who can blame the fans?), no incredible individual performance, every dead ball took like a minute to be played, every second goal kick landed out of bounds lmao, everything was just so fucking SLOW and dull. now if this was a league game at sunday 3pm i would say nothing. but this was a fucking CL final.

Shit WC Final
Shit Champions League Final

How do we fix it?

Enjoy the semifinals which were/are epic

make semi finals and finals best of three play offs.

People like that WC just because of the memorable moments rather than quality of play
>EXALIFTIN
>Waka Waka
>Weekend at Bernie's Mandela making an appearance
>French team civil war
>USA wins 1-1!
>*BZZZTTTTTTTT*
>Lampard's disallowed goal
>Suarez's handball save off the line
>Bloodthirsty final
I'm sure I missed way more out but no other WC has been so memorable, at least within my lifetime.

hoofballs? what game were you watching? if anything there was a minimal amount of that. the whole criticism comes from the fact that tottenham played slowly from the back.

the stadiums these days are always quiet and boring. that's nothing new in the big tournaments.

i just genuinely dont understand what game were you people watching? was I under some drugs last night or are you all just insane with miniscule attention spans, im not sure.

every fucking final doesn't live up to the hype. every single one without mistake

theres nothing to fix.

And yet

>eliminates you

it was a good tactical final you ADHD mongs

>was I under some drugs last night
no, you just don't know shit about sports.

but it was fucking boring lol. the games were of awful quality. no one could pass for shit because of the awful ball they were using, there was no atmosphere because of vuvuzelas

just goes to show people like things for memes not actual football

This

because you watch liverpool vs tottenham match three times per year

Ablists mate. It's all cope now.

Because it was just a random prem game.
Same country CL finals always suck, it takes the international aspect out of it

1 leg played in some random neutral city is going to do that.

great argument!

>tactical final
>penalty in 20 seconds

the only thing you could criticise from last night's game is that tottenham werent brave enough at times. that's all. everything else was just as good as every other final, meaning not particularly.

not enough memes for your retards and other ladbible casuals to enjoy.

well your argument isn't good either, you picked 1(one) thing from the krauts arrangement and ignored all the rest. It was a boring slog, on top of being massively unfair from the first minute.

In what way does an early penalty diminish match tacticality? If anything it should increase due to changed environment.

the game had like 700 passes in total, from both teams. real alone had this many against Jj two years ago. literally every stat is lower than that game two years ago and even compared to last year it is inferior in every way. excluding salahs pen you had one shot on target in first half. i could name more reasons but this will boil down to "oh you have no clue this was tactical bla bla" so whatever.

>massively unfair
It was a penalty according to the rules of the game. Is the rules unfair?

>first greentext comment
>second witty greentext comment
ahahahaha see, i have outsmarted you

Attached: 1333213684209.png (280x328, 106K)

Hey Brie, is that you?

Attached: Captain Marvel.jpg (1440x1512, 642K)

yes I'm sure tottenham planned to conceive a goal in the first minute.

If you found it boring in watching it that's fine, but looking at statistical reasons for why you found it boring in an attempt to prove that it was objectively boring is going too far. People like different things, it's why God made red apples and green.

nobody's saying it was against the rules, but in the spirits of sports and determining which side is better, it was massively unfair.

Doesn't help that the call was a handball in the box. That it happened so early on took all the life out of the match

You've lost me mate. I'm sorry.

EPL was unironically exposed, fluke year

nothing boring about it. the fact that liverpool scored so early made it even more interesting, because tottenham took control of the match and made liverpool retreat and wait for their chances. it was great to see a team that many consider to be of lower quality to outplay their "superiors". they played well but just didnt take their chances when they should've.

it was also interesing to watch liverpool press them and force them into hoofing the ball, which they didnt do that many times, and instead stuck to their principles of building it from the back, and managing it easily.

i'd rather watch a game like this than a game where one opponent just dominates another and scores 10 goals that are all scissor kicks.

you guys are just ADD retards that are addicted to memey moments. that's your idea of a football match.

So you ARE saying that application of the rules is unfair.

I'm saying that tottenham didn't even get the chance to present their tactic properly.

>Both European cup finals feature only English teams
>Somehow this proves that the EPL has been exposed
Sorry, but I'm just not following you on this.

>because tottenham took control of the match and made liverpool retreat and wait for their chances
this happened in the 70 minute of the match and lasted 10 minutes. I'm starting to think you were on some drugs last night.

oh fuck off you simpleminded retard.

lol tottenham controlled the match. liverpool pretty much entirely countered or semi-countered. did you even watch the game?

yeah if you liked this match and found it to be good, all to you. but this thread asked about reasons for why people think this match wasn't that good. and if subjective opinion plus statistics are not a valid reason, then i dont know what is.

no one said this was a good match. it just wasn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be. people are up in hysterics over it everywhere i read about it.

and
England reached the wc semi. It was a good year for English football desu

Am I retarded or was that not a handball in the box? It doesnt matter what angle his arm was at the ball still wouldve hit his shoulder. Either way ref should know better than to ruin the game within the first minute.

was pretty slow paced

Actually know that I look at it again it didnt even hit his shoulder it hit his ribs below his arm. What am I missing?

sure he'd rather watch a UCL final with 1st minute refball penalty duh

>it just wasn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be
Says who? It was terrible.

It wasn't exciting
Goal scored at 2 mins
After that I thought spurs will attack relentlessly, but that harry shite Kane was fucking the game up.

Because it was in comparison the the semi's.

Liverpools championship was won at anfield against big bad barcelona.

Spurs championship was won against the best club for the past few years in man city.

Anything other match would have never equaled the intensity and drama of the semi's.

Never thought I'd see klopp play mouball. Pretty disappointed with the entire match but I guess klopp has learned he needs to copy the best to be the best.

mouball?

What game were you watching?

I think they need to fix the way they host the finals. wouldnt it be better if they built a dedicated stadium that would host the final? instead of going to some random teams stadium.

and will win the nations league in 7 days

Attached: ZERO YEARS OF HURT.jpg (954x982, 234K)

Do other countries not have a 'finals' stadium like Wembley?

wembley is just a stadium for your own national team, doesnt every nation have that? even norway has one

Cringe and bluepilled

Felt like two teams playing to finish 10th in the league.
to be fair it was already over after 20 seconds

>doesnt every nation have that?
No actually. Wembley is more of the exception to the rule.

perfect sum up

The Olympiastadion in Berlin and Stadio Olimpico in Rome both always host the German and Italian domestic cup finals in a similar way to Wembley. Think the Copa Del Rey changes venue every year though.

they really should have it. going to wembley is cool in itself. thats what uefa lacks, soul.

I think before we build a 100k seater in Switzerland we should try upping fan allocations. The """Sponsors""" clearly do not give a shinny shite about the tickets anyway because they all get sold on.

I agree. Imagine if last night was 50/50 fans only.

but now you've put the idea in my head I do kinda like the idea of a Wembley for Europe. I was thinking what country would you even put in, but Switzerland is an obvious candidate and it's easy access for everyone relevant.

Im not sure on the country until i know if it should be built in a city or on the countryside for kino scenery

(You)are a faggot

you can't really put it in a country with teams that regularly make the final, you can't put it in some shithole and it has to be central, ergo Switzerland.

it bounces off his shoulder onto his outstretched arm, are you sure you're looking at the right call?

Wait to the Copa America final

Attached: ArgieSun5.png (1600x1600, 503K)

The UEFA Supercup used to be hosted in Monaco every season.

humongous hyperdome on an oil rig in the med
it'd be a logistical nightmare but sick as hell

alternatively, on the summit of Mont Blanc

Monaco would be great in theory as a location, but the stadium is only 18k(!)
I wasn't expecting it to be 70k when I googled it but 18k is championship tier.

Switzerland has no soul and is almost as expensive as Norway. it would be shit atmosphere. Also the country has no roots to great football, neither teams nor players.

It's not supposed to have any of those things. It's supposed to be neutral. The physical shape/size of the stadium and the fans is what creates the atmosphere, which is why it would not be a bowl. The only thing the actual country needs to have is location, airport capacity and good infrastructure (things like Hotel space and so on).

wrong.

it needs to be a special gorgeous place with kino scenery. not some sterile shithole.