sortitoutsi.net/football-manager-2019/essentials

>Guide to Football Manager
guidetofootballmanager.com/

>Pairs and Combinations:
passion4fm.com/football-manager-player-role-combinations-duty-pairs/

>Team Shape and Mentality:
community.sigames.com/topic/401273-what-is-team-shape/

>Team Talks:
strikerless.com/2016/02/19/the-hartman-doctrine-why-the-hairdryer-treatment-works-surprisingly-well/

>Training and mentoring in FM19
community.sigames.com/topic/452839-fm2019-the-unofficially-official-training-and-mentoring-guide/

>Macca's database:
pastebin.com/uj27eQhe ('15)
pastebin.com/7e3Vv0ap ('16)

youtube.com/watch?v=RJqimlFcJsM

Attached: 1414788429029.png (877x624, 261K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisburn_Distillery_F.C.
vi.nl/nieuws/markante-trainer-barry-hughes-81-overleden
fmrte.com/forums/topic/7188-can-i-reverse-brexit-or-change-the-rules-somehow/
youtube.com/watch?v=H47ow4_Cmk0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>3

I'm making a custom league system but I can't into structure, anyone got any interesting ideas for how it should function? crazy playoff systems etc

nostalgic Dutch politics.. wasn't he gay?

how can you play video games at a time like this ?

Nice try.

WORLD LEAGUE

Alright lads. I'm continuing my Distillery game. 100% win rate so far. All my regen signings (using a 3rd party program, I've played legit enough and I always do this before the new version comes out) are made but it's my default FW that is banging them in. He's on 13 goals because he's got decent speed. Kerr, despite being my best player, can't do much as a Press Forward (D) and I don't really wanna change him to a poor position. My new LW had good freekicks so is banging them in. Two new CB's are giants so doing well.

>tfw thought I was getting an away win against top of the league.
Elbouzedi scored a worldie then a tap-in when the ball fell right to his feet from a corner :/ Still lots of games in hand to climb table

Attached: a13f834a54533c23d1d4bb1618cd8ae5.png (1754x718, 157K)

The Irish league can be really fun but the schedule is really rough. In FM2018 at least there was no squad rules so you can kind of cheese that

If you remember to do some basic things (set clubs outside WORLD LEAGUE to extinct, give every WORLD LEAGUE club the same rep + facilities, give every nation the same youth rating) it's doable imo

Attached: 1558303351890.png (4972x2517, 1.85M)

What's a good hockey management game to play?

I've finally found a 4-4-1-1 that works well as my 442 counter. 2-0 in 16 minutes. Unfortunately I've been losing leads
Yeah it's pretty comfy. I'm doing a journeyman, will probs see if I can move up a level at the end of this season.

Attached: 0ca8fbf7ee9d2462e87e7bdcb45a6b2a.jpg (1917x975, 1.17M)

>posting midgame
Yeah I drew 2-2

Also I just noticed that muh Bohemians got relegated in your game. Guess the manager didn't figure out my winning strat of signing high flair/low workrate Italians to win.

gainz bump

Attached: mattyiceprogession.jpg (1000x1000, 237K)

wake up you lazy shits

Well done on staying alive last night /trb/ im proud of you

I'm a gamer

Good morning, men!

fuck you and may you run afoul a pancake fanatic

>no option to call my black players "niggers" and put them on training in the cotton fields
unbased

>Employing people of colour in the first place

How

I want to make a custom tournament that consists of a biannual friendly tournament between league all-stars teams. Is this doable?
The teams would basically be NTs but you can only call players from specific leagues in that season. The tournament would be top 8 leagues of Europe, regular knock out

Seems really hard to do

>club refuses my 85M offer
>accepts 79M from Chelsea

Attached: delet.png (600x583, 340K)

Good morning!

Attached: D7rMIiWW0Ac_9UK.jpg (2048x1147, 447K)

>Player refuses to talk to me because he's just signed a new deal
>Signs for PSG a week later

Attached: 1519768761746.jpg (700x500, 50K)

Attached: solvi fk.gif (308x300, 605K)

why is busquets sad

Lads. Help. I'm playing my Distillery game. Most of my players are on semi-prof contracts or whatever. People keep trying to grab my best players on frees. I have fended them off for the last 5 games by offering my players new contracts, which they accept.. but it doesn't stop more bids coming in. One of them is my striker who hhs scored like 14 goals in 10 games. I don't want to lose him.

any Editor fiends in?
I'm trying to make a pretty basic league system like pic related, but whenever I try to 'test competitions' I get an error message saying that the Second Leagues A/B competition needs to have a 'competition level' set to 2, which it already has. What gives?

Attached: leagues.png (635x520, 15K)

>board organise a testimonial game for one of my player
>player already left on loan
So is he gonna come back for the game?

are they on non-contracts or part-time contracts? If they are getting a weekly wage instead of just app fee then they shouldn't be able to pinch your players

non-contracts, can't do anything else.

>Distillery
Like Irish league Distillery? What sort of suffering are you putting yourself through that you'll watch pixels on an away day to Ballyclare?

Attached: uwotm8.png (318x400, 99K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisburn_Distillery_F.C.

The best lads. Nick Beta is god like.

>Irish league
Don't let them hear you say that.

I forget to say. Basically, I wanted to go to the worst rep league in the business, as a world class stated manager, with a 3rd party program that allows me to find Northern Irish regens for me to sign and for me to make them good enough to get into the CL. But I'm honestly thinking about going back to my Telstar game because I'm sick of fighting off players try to nick Wright and Beta.

>the worst rep league in the business
Gibraltar

>with a 3rd party program that allows me to find Northern Irish regens for me

Attached: 1401383653453.jpg (254x300, 11K)

lads i kinda wanna get back into tribbling, haven't played since 16, should i load it up?

Yeah I always use 3rd party programs in the last few until a new version is out. It allows me to squeeze some more fun out of it. And no, Gibraltar isn't the worst rep league in the business. It's Bluefin Sport Premier Intermediate League. It has a Rep of 10. Gibraltar has Rep of 49.

just use the belgian system

Yes.

I've actually watched them in real life as I grew up in N.Ireland and supported Glenavon as a child.

Grosvenor is a shithole stadium. Not quite as bad as Shamrock Park or Solitude though.

Lmao. I usually play as Oxford United. I only found out recently there is a team called Oxford United Stars in the even-lower-than PIL. I'd need a custom database to play them and at that point might as well play as my local.

>might as well play as my local.
wtf Oxford City are my local club
h-hi neighbor

Hey. I've only met one other guy who supported Oxford United on this board. I know City aren't that far behind but United are my closest 'relevant' club. I did do a Oxford City game too before I did this one, but found it too easy. I take it you actually support Oxford City and don't support United?

desu I don't really support any team, I just like all the local teams to do well

I mean, I follow United. I want them to do well. But I'm not absolutely doopin' mental about them. Dad is an Arse supporter so I kinda follow them too. Sister is Spurs fan. Parents from London. So it's a bit of a clusterfuck. It's better than supporting Reading. Perpetual chokers. So, happy with United. >We signed Big Sam's kid (also called Sam) as a CB this window. Now we just need a FW. I wish we'd sign players from abroad. Our last manager did and had one of them not had his legs broken before season started we'd have done so much better. Why the clubs in lower divisions don't look outside UK I don't know. Then again, last manager signed fucking Obika (yes I do go on about how shit he was).

>Dad is an Arse supporter so I kinda follow them too. Sister is Spurs fan.
I'd say at least you're not a disappointment to him
but then again, you are on Yea Forums...

Aye. True. I did manage to quit the site at the end of 2007 for about 5 years. I came back out of boredom and realising you could be banned for stupid shit on proper 'forums' (not that you don't get banned for stupid shit on Yea Forums these days).

I talk to my dad about football but he isn't as knowledgable as me. He's very 'casual' these days. He's silent general, he isn't even a boomer. He's that old. So he's see Arsenal through a lot of phases. I bought him the Unbeaten Run DVD for his birthday last year. I had bought him the '89 season too. He once bought me a membership to Arsenal Online, which allowed me to view the matches. I never used it, I saved it for the next season and then forgot. I still use the mug he got me. My sister bought me Arsenal sheets, but I think she did it as a bit of bants seeing as Spurs are much better than Arsenal these days.

My dad isn't interested in local because it's not really his local since he's a London lad. I am though, it's nicer knowing your team being shit is par the course, while Arsenal being shit hurts because, well, they used to be good (though Oxford United have the wonderful record of being the first club in English history to be relegated to non-league division after previously winning a domestic cup sometime in their history). My sister doesn't support Liverpool purely because of my dislike them for in essentially killing Oxford's chances of remaining in first division due to getting them banned the very year they got into Europe.

/blog

Hard to say without looking at it, but IIRC there will be three separate competitions: Second League A/B (umbrella competition), Second League A, and Second League B. Make sure all 3 have their competition level set to 2, both in the competitions and in your nation rules.
At least, that's my first guess at troubleshooting.

So. I've decided I want to run a nationalist save, either as a club that only signs players and coaches from their home country (or maybe other "aryans" if appropriate), or a club from a separatist region that only signs locals like Bilbao

I'm stumped who to manage though. All the big clubs in England are either leftist or owned by non-Anglos.
Lazio's no fun because everyone in Italy is right wing anyways.
DC United would be cool but I don't want to deal with all of MLS's crazy rules
Ideas?

Chivas USA

Doesn't exist anymore m8

well then take over some other LA club and apply their rules

make 2030 today

An MLS team that's all Latinos?
That already exists. It's just called MLS

I'm in the final of Steel & Sons Cup! Not that my board cares. I managed to reach the Semi-Final of the Northern Irish County Antrim Shield. But lost 2-1. My only non-win this year. Board expected me to be competitive in it; so I did well.

>opposing manager slamming the pitch as the reason he lost
Dude, my meme 16 year olds rekt you.

beitar jerusalem
only sign jewish, israeli players

thanks I kinda just removed all nation rules and started again and it seems to be working now

I considered them but I can't feel properly far-right while managing a bunch of jews

Altınordu F.K. are the Turkroach Bilbao

Istanbul Basaksehir (Erdogan's project team) + only Muslim players

Attached: 1tfrzd5adka11.jpg (2048x1284, 372K)

Didnt do anything special, had been playing him in the first team since he was like 21

I think Guadalajara (or Chivas, don't know how they're called in FM) only signs Mexican players.

>STILL getting green arrows
what a god

Attached: Magnus Wiklund_ Overview Attributes-3.png (1366x768, 326K)

Anyone ever seen an amazing regen from a shit country, like a Haitian world-class centreback?

nothing really wacky, but I've seen some world-class bolivians and south africans in older versions
saw a kind of europa league-quality fullback playing for monserrat once, but he was just an english dude with a 2nd nat

MLS used to produce regens with completely random second nationalities (including tiny islands, North Korea, etc).

I think it was FM17 when one of the teams in my turklig had a perfectly acceptable Cuban poacher (formed in Cuba) but he was probably just 120-130 CA.

>formed in Cuba
Like a lab babby?

Attached: 1465935348182.gif (343x284, 933K)

Barca just signed an El Salvadoran winger in my save for like 30 mil

shh, canadians are around

Best RB regen in this save

Attached: guinée bissau.jpg (1920x1080, 458K)

wingers are kind of essential in 19. they even defend, sort of. it's not so bad

Federations really are cunts. Won a WC, an Euro and a Nation League for France and they sack me after a quarter final exit a the Euro

>being surprised for getting sacked after you've fallen short of your expectations

history never mattered

Bleak considering its not injury related.

Attached: Wolfsburg_ Senior Fixtures.png (1366x705, 811K)

>AJUSTcio

Sad news for the Go Ahead Eagles fans:

vi.nl/nieuws/markante-trainer-barry-hughes-81-overleden

Looks like they're afraid of TV

Will they ever do something about the crazy imbalance with regens? Clubs always end up stacked with world class strikers and CBs while everyone is scrounging over the couple decent keepers and fullbacks

I find that annoying aswell. I don't understand why are there so much world class strikers running around

I think it's probably ok that a ton of 15-16 year olds come through as "strikers," the problem is that the AI isn't smart enough to retrain them as wingers/amcs/wingbacks/etc. if their attributes suit it.

>Go Aded
F

For some reason there's also fuck all left-footed DC in my save

bump

That is actually pretty rare though

Help lads. Playing my Distillery game and I got the 'Minimum 8k to play' Brexit result. I don't want this. I forgot what the best one is. I dunno how to get the best one. I hate this shit.

that sucks Del Bosque but you know what it is

Attached: 1401117227508.gif (400x225, 1.96M)

Attached: international superstar soccer deluxe rebic vs argentina caballero.gif (301x220, 3.63M)

>*concede penalty a minute after equalising against back-to-back league champions*
heh, never change Drogheda

Attached: 9ec7366cbbc9dcf00ff92bf170bb5302.jpg (1919x1014, 1.06M)

Don't suppose you two know how far back the decision is made or there is a way to edit it? I could go back a save or two and hope something new happens. But I dunno how far back the decision is made. There's no point me playing if the £8k is in place.

Okay this one hurt. Their squad is miles ahead of mine and I'm favourites for 10th in my defence (or lack of it)

Attached: a94c13b8fe0869040e79765eb6f81ae9.jpg (1913x850, 1M)

shall I sack my fucking assman? Get spanked 6-1 and he wants me to tell them their efforts were excellent.

Attached: 51c644e81a62af589f78c2a61bc1fbd6.png (1592x294, 189K)

Without showing the player statistics you're asking us to guess. I feel like the assman's going too far but sometimes you do need to be kind to the boys when they lose away to a much stronger team.

which game has the most POWERFUL and CUTE regens? maybe 14 or 15?

Attached: manager.png (2606x1362, 380K)

Pls help...

Attached: pls halp VAR.jpg (519x537, 135K)

After the fact there is probably nothing you do senpai

Yeah but before. Lets say I reload before this announcement is made, it always goes with the same result. I don't know how far back you have to go to make the result different. Or if there is a way to edit it.

help me with The Great Midfield Cull of 2025-26, /trb/
the only one who's staying for sure is sekulic because he's reliable as fuck (and the captain, and a club legend), but I included him to show what I don't need more of. probably need to keep 2-3 others.

no idea if there's a way to edit it, but I think the decision is made at the start of the save

Attached: midfielders.png (1206x3751, 1.24M)

>but I think the decision is made at the start of the save
NOOOOOOOOOOO. IT'S SUCH A SHIT RESULT. £8k for anybody even in the top N.I division is fucking insanity.

Attached: goncern.jpg (640x634, 70K)

>fmrte.com/forums/topic/7188-can-i-reverse-brexit-or-change-the-rules-somehow/
Looks like you can with >FMRTE

Sweet. I shall do that. Fuck this Brexit shit it's the gayest fucking cockblock.

>having to pay $5 to keep your save playable
bad feel
based FM15

>$5
That's like the cost of a house in UK due to Brexit :^)

never say their efforts were excellent if they lose, always go for 'we played our best but it wasn't meant to be'

Sadly it seems all you can do is change back to the EU, rather than change what type of Brexit deal you have. Thanks anyway. Not really the solution.

I'm currently managing New Zealand and their A-League team Wellington Phoenix
I decided to hire a gm and let him manage the rosters
He did a shitty job running the club into debt getting old players
I still won the league anyways but the next year will require a major roster overhaul with mostly youth players
I was gonna leave but idk should I stay? I'm slightly intrigued now
They haven't given me a contract extension yet

If youre in the EU wouldnt it not matter?

The Phoenix are a financial basketcase anyway. If you like the idea of a challenge, go for it.

Itzhak, Hagg, Hogberg, Diallo are my bottom four.

brexit MEANS brexit

thanks. will probably loan itzhak, sell hagg and hogberg, and use diallo as backup
loading up an old save and seeing catastrophic squad bloat is a drag. but at least I don't remember why I was keeping all those guys at the club anymore

Yea but if you literally put them back in the EU wouldnt the restrictions not matter

Does the release clause for clubs in continental competition not work if the selling club is also in continental competition?

Their faces are fucking with me as well.

And Diallo's octagon. I hate the look that happens when they're fast and have vision but are completely flat on the attacking prowess.

>6

aside from graphic glitches, hagg may well be the ugliest regen I've ever had, yeah
diallo is frustrating as fuck but has very little first team experience so I'll give him a little longer

anyone else have a player punching far above their weight? My left back is a scottish highland player but won the PoTY for scottish league 2 and 1

look at this fucking faggot, and my other striker has scored 3 goals

Attached: Capture.jpg (1279x769, 118K)

I had a rightback who, despite being rated only "decent" for the swedish 2nd tier, regularly performed well in european competition
just left for "new challenge" reasons though

Attached: Glasberg.webm (738x444, 1.41M)

Is there a point to taking an under23s national team job in a journeyman save?

Country knowledge, reputation, and maybe coaching stats (I don't really know how those improve).

You're like a tiny baby. Watch this.

Attached: 20190603093859_1.jpg (1920x1080, 349K)

Got a job in the Slovakian 2nd division anyway. Pretty decent jump up from managing in Wales the season before. For some reason the club literally has no staff though and I have to fill all the spots myself.

won the match with this og

Attached: oMpg6jTF7S.gif (366x261, 1.76M)

>that injury animation

I guess the best option is to find very good young defensive mids and retrain them Kimmich/TAA style. The attributes are already there pretty much aside from crossing and dribbling but doesn't position training cost potential?

Do a retarded Promozione/Eccellenza/Serie D system where it's regional and then surrounding regions, first place gets automatic place then it's play-offs for teams from second to fifth. Or ninth for ultra memes.

Speaking of my Castel di Sangro save
>pic related
This
This wasn't a match
This was a fucking verdict, Jesus Christ
>7-1 odds of winning

Attached: In riva al lago, al lago di Como, vincemmo 5-1.png (2560x1080, 880K)

youtube.com/watch?v=H47ow4_Cmk0

Attached: Here comes the salt shaker.png (2560x1080, 680K)

Does FM still do that retarded thing where it sorts tiebreakers by reputation in italy?

No, it does an even more retarded thing where it sorts tiebreakers on ALPHABETICAL ORDER.

How do you record the video for these goals? THe ingame video exporter keeps crashing my game, and ShareX can only do it with a really low framerate

OBS works well though l haven't messed around with the settings enough to make it look better than this

Attached: 2019-06-03 06-14-10.webm (1280x720, 2.81M)

Based. Much better

Attached: 2019-06-03 13-38-42.webm (1138x934, 2.99M)

my FM2019 crashes randomly when I click on a competition link, I've learned to instinctively save before checking up any group stages or whatever
anyone else having this new feature?

Is it just me or having two decent wingers and then a target man, who you built your team around, is actually effective? Benteke was a monster in my Palaca save.

started a 2019 save with Academica in Portuguese div2, played 4-4-2 with target man Hugo Almeida and some nigger next to him and got promoted the first season

torrent version I assume?

>our stadium is going to be shut down for 13 MONTHS while 6k new seats are installed
>the stadium itself was only built 3 years ago
>even after it's done, it'll still be way too small

Attached: Dunne14.jpg (499x486, 57K)

y-yes is it common in pirated versions? it's really the only bug I found so far

Dunno but I had the same issue. Also wasn't able to upgrade facilities. Worked since it was annoying enough to make me buy the game

>Swedish infrastructure

>in china
>get chance to sign 4* CA/5* PA 21yo chinese international GK to bottom-half team for relatively little money
>cool, sign him
>have a decent 5* PA 17yo behind him
>get offer, he demands to talk to the other team
>sure, off you go
>one of our team leader imports gets unhappy about it
>dressing room largely backs him
>fuck
>this lasts for the first 3 months of the season
>he finally gets over it
>cool
>our other team leader import IMMEDIATELY picks up the mantle of being angry about it

fucks SAKE

Attached: 2019-06-03 16_16_50-Football Manager 2019.png (412x187, 11K)

How is playing in China? I managed the Chinese national team once but everyone was so fucking old and there wasn't really any good prospects for the future.

It's not happening my dudes.. No one but my midfielders can score.

Attached: table.png (1915x1012, 295K)

>Adrense

Attached: y tho.jpg (1813x2111, 806K)

Small team, good enough logo, not a shit name.

...Fair enough

Basically just a no drama boring team to press spacebar to.

>No drama boring team
>Italy
Quite literally an oxymoron, even my provincial middle of nowhere team is drama central.

>FM19 is updating
why

deleting reyes?

So it was that that was causing retarded slowdowns.

speaking of which, are there player has died events on FM? I haven't played in 10 years

kinda weird. the researchers/developers haven't ever really adjusted the league to actually work properly in the 'everyone is super rich' era, they just gave EVERY team an underwriter or better sugar daddy (which i bitched about in the last thread because a few teams don't have sugar daddies because they fucked up 19.3, and i don't know what happens when those teams lose their sugar daddies but it looks like they just get fucked with no reprise)

this also means that you get a weird balance in the league because teams just hold onto their superstars forever and, because things weren't set up to deal with China Money and they've not paid as much attention as they should to it since, seemingly there are basically no new ones coming in. as of 2022, the only big-money new import i've seen was Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg, who joined Mascherano/Lavezzi's old team from Stoke. maybe that'll change when players finally retire but we'll see i guess

it plays out similarly to a lot of the smaller non-EU leagues where the chinese players are just barely non-trash enough (i think the overall quality picks up over time with the regens you get but i'm not far enough into this save to know yet) to not just make you throw your hands up entirely, and you get to develop a lot of young players etc., but they're very rarely real prospects, this is i think the best regen so far (who went for £17m as a 17yo)

also, the transfer rules are weird (no foreign GKs, you can only sign 5 players over 23 and then another 3 between 17 and 23 per season so rebuilding a squad is slow, etc.), and there's other little things that bug me (it's one of the few countries where you can never naturalise a player, also the game doesn't generate any Uyghur regens ever despite the fact that they're a pretty decent chunk of the relevant players/prospects at game's start)

(cont.)

no, don't think so. there are "player is so badly injured he decides to retire" events, but that only happens when it's an older guy and he's close to the end of his career anyway
and there's "player comes out as gay" events, but it's regen-only and has no real effect on anything

so tl;dr it's kinda interesting short-term i guess, but it's broken on a pretty fundamental level, and the particular way in which it's broken combined with some of the rules etc. means that you can't do much that's interesting in terms of building up a club and/or China as a footballing nation, which is always a huge part of the appeal for me when managing in places like this (i had a fun few years on my FM17 journeyman save where i did something similar in Uzbekistan). i'll probably manage for a little bit longer there on this save, see if i can break past a couple of the big clubs, but it's not like e.g. Japan or South Korea where i'd maybe consider trying to build a dynasty if i was feeling it

Attached: 2019-06-03 16_49_51-Football Manager 2019.png (1342x533, 131K)

>but that only happens when it's an older guy and he's close to the end of his career anyway
happened to my key player 25yo winger I had just signed on a free, got a 9-12 month injury and just told me to go fuck myself

Highly unlikely. They didn't remove Davide Astori from Fiorentina last year and he died in March.

>- Fix for game performance issues when running in Mac OSX 10.14.4+
>- Fix for rare crash occurring when using add/remove leagues functionality

Yeah I know, thats why I chose this team. Can't find much information about them other than that they exist and have existed for a while.

shit, never seen that. did he have a long injury record or something?

Adro is kind of a meme itself though.
>Flat-out in the middle of fucking nowhere even though there are two lakes nearby
>7k inhabitants, 10% are internationals with the greatest minority being Moroccans
>Legit one of the few cities where the Italian Republican Party ever put a mayor in charge
>Same guy later ran for office as an independent twenty years later and won but was replaced by a commissar
>Lega has been in charge fifteen years straight
>Literally nothing interesting ever happened period
I'd like to understand what the fuck they're going in Group D but it's either tomfuckery to play with teams more on their level or FM being retarded.

iirc he had the usual 1-2 day meme injuries sometimes but never anything serious, he was my main RM and I was actually waiting for him to return

Attached: ded.png (1583x816, 213K)

what

Attached: 2019-06-03 17_23_00-Football Manager 2019.png (1738x277, 44K)

Yeah I read about the Lega stuff sadly but I doubt that with 7k inhabitants anything at all really goes on there. I like the middle of nowhere idea though.

also
>pink away kits

they regularly get stronk in fm. just lousy research on how the dutch-curacaoan link tends to work, I guess.
nevertheless they are improving irl

>pink
Not worn enough 2bh

Attached: 1490666062274.jpg (307x470, 28K)

>managing team in Vanarama National League North
>they are complete shit
how the fuck do you get promoted with a team in National League North /trb/

Free agents, loans, rejected youth academy players and 442

This and 4-2-3-1 is also a viable alternative.
>t. dominated Como 5-1 at home despite having half the budget

>have no wage budget
loans and 442 it is then

loans are 100% the way forward. a couple good players per year will make a huge difference all the way to the top of the championship. developing your own youth isn't really worth it until you're close to being in the top flight, although if you happen to get a good player in a youth intake or something you might as well use him

cheers for the tips. I think with the state of the team right now I will just have to sit out the first season with a top-half finish then poach some of the youth players dropped from larger teams, for example lower-league legend Keyendrah Simmonds

>spent 18 hours on the editor replacing Crimea with a new nation with a new league system and new clubs
>realise that Crimea (or more specifically, its Unique ID) is apparently hardcoded to be unplayable so the NT doesn't work at all and players/staff of that nationality aren't generated
MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKE

Attached: 1494614958360.jpg (387x543, 57K)

MIKE'D

You'll have a wage budget soon since everyone's on 1 year deals down there. Or maybe 2 year deals sometimes. Plenty of opertunities for a complete overhaul.

any of you ever been sacked?

I was pretty much guaranteed to be sacked from Stockport. I got a points ultimatum that I couldn't keep but then I got a job in Ireland before I was officially fired.

how the fuck do I deal with this fucking "crashing at the same date" problem
been unable to play for 3 weeks now

report it to SI and wait to be told that the fault lies with your computer and not their product

Post rivalries

Attached: Carmarthen Town_ Next Opponent Past Meetings.png (1920x1027, 2.33M)

Kornheiser.jpg

Attached: Capture.jpg (1279x771, 98K)

holiday past the date. if that doiesn't work then give up.
Also torrented copy or not? It certainly happens sometimes to paid copies but most people reporting it are usually on a shitty torrent and it happens at the exact same date on every save so you could see if there is a different version to torrent (or even buy it but fuck SI) and maybe see if switching your save over makes a difference but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

it's fm 17, steampunks torrent copy.

weird thing is, it crashes whenever afc champions league group stage of that season are played, but somehow after 100+ tries I managed to sim past one of those days

tried to adjust with fmrte but didn't work

Try nosteam instead

I have a guy not showing up for training literally every week, I warn or fine him every week and every time he complains it's harsh

wtf

nationality? if he's a ngubu you'll have no chance but to sell him

fining players seems to piss them off even if they've really transgressed. I'd stick to warnings. if he's rejecting those, even after not having been fined for a little while, just get rid of him.

"rivalry"

Ok lads, its been too long since I've played any FM, what team should I start a save with?
>no bastia

Attached: 220px-Eintracht_Braunschweig_logo.svg.png (220x220, 48K)

it's unfortunate, he is good, he greatly respects me and has me as favoured personnel (but seems to have lost faith in me) and i would like to keep him in the squad. i signed him for 2.5m when he was 16. i am doing a save where i am only allowed to sign belgians.

unfortunately he is on the way to burnout paradise.

Attached: bram bijnens.jpg (1920x1040, 335K)

Any preferences?

I miss quitting this save and never getting to see this player's career unfold.

Attached: Alan Loftus_ Overview Attributes-7.png (1366x768, 434K)

sunday league experience, no badges, pick your favorite of whoever will take you. Then move up from there.

Shitty, but not so shitty I wanna shoot myself because the team isn't full and no players will join

Chania Kissamikos if they're in the default db, Salernitana if not.

Attached: 1280px-Derby_County_crest.svg.png (1280x880, 92K)

ofc pomorie

Alta IF in the Norwegian 2nd division

>pre-season expectation is win title or else
>fixture clashes everywhere means we're 4 games behind everyone else
>game starts commenting in news reports about our 'poor league position'
There's a sacking coming lads, I can feel it.

Attached: 4.png (618x737, 86K)

pretty sure i've entered a feedback loop and this is going to repeat forever

Attached: bijnens2.jpg (1920x1040, 202K)

Fine him and keep fining him until he's got no money to go to nightclubs.

Bilbao

Attached: 1559502690910.jpg (600x729, 56K)

who else /narrow/ here?

in every version prior to 19, yes
now I'm fully committed to the school of /wide/

Youve always been wide you slut

Don't tell me you're using w*ngers

Attached: wingerout.jpg (595x521, 57K)

Attached: Captura de Ecrã (6).png (1366x768, 625K)

you used to like that, honey, what changed?

literally and unironically, yes, two W(A)s

does anyone else lose their will to keep on playing their save when their game crashes and they lose progress, even if small?

How you like them apples

Attached: 20190604002636_1.jpg (1920x1080, 358K)

Ok, just a bit of history I'm the guy who last thread asked bout splitting the league off and gave up but in my 3rd division I set up a playoff and when I go to rule check it says 26/12/2017 is not in the season date and when I go change the season end date it still says the same thing. The fuck I do

I had this Vietnamese dude Dang Huu Quang who I got with Portsmouth and he won 3 balloon doors in a row. He also got naturalized as an English player because Vietnam didn't call him up lmao.

Bullshit game. Time to move on at the end of the season I think.

Attached: it's happening.png (613x631, 39K)

what is Italy's problem

Attached: Crosseyed Painless_ Inbox.png (1920x1080, 319K)

is Mou in charge?

Aaah catenaccio at it's finest.

>your unwillingness to play league games is the board's biggest concern

Looks like it will be tight for the relegation play-off spot. Only 6 points between 4th and 9th.

Attached: 3b5d68c0057c80d9dd1ec733dc92e4ab.png (1915x849, 197K)

I've given up tryin to change the Brexit rules. I hope FMTRE adds an option next year, all I can do is add UK back into EU. I'll see what changes.

Anyway, I won the Steel & Sons Cup with Distillery only to find out the board doesn't rate it. Why? Why don't boards rate fucking trophies? I only won 2-1 and people are slagging me off for not winning by 3+ GD.

>three points back with four in hand
That's just FM. I'm pretty sure Macca had to deal with that in his Drogheda save because he'd have won 5 from 5 and still have three or four in hand on the rest of the league due to rescheduling.

>Why don't boards rate fucking trophies?
They rate trophies on prestige. If it's not a particularly prestigious trophy, they won't really care.

etxposed

Attached: Dingle Fritz_ News.png (1366x768, 355K)

Attached: 1405283549580.jpg (429x399, 28K)

PTSD from conceding like retards on multiple occasions

Also, difference I've noticed from the new update, it refreshes logos, kits, trophies, competitions and the like instantly. You don't need to hit "Reload Skin" anymore.

alri

This is bullshit I hate it. One save I dropped into relegation play-off as I got to finals in two cup competitions and had about 6 games in hand. However no one acted like I had all these games in hand, my morale shot right down and everything went to shit.

I had that problem in my Drogheda saves where I would have 4 games in hand after 6 games and the board would threaten me with the sack for having 6 points when my title rivals had 15.

Has anyone else seen their info panels slowly sliding up between games? The panels that you arrange on the match pitch view. I keep having to drag some of them back down every 5-10 games or so

I tried boys, I really did

Attached: 1.jpg (452x448, 42K)

yeah it does that for me in FM18
it's amazing how SI can't even program UI panels to stay where you put them for more than 30 seconds

Somebody explain this shit to me now, they're also in league fucking one

Attached: World_ Clubs Finances-5.png (1920x1017, 341K)

what the fuck. is this a >user db?
what's their reserves' average attendance like?

user db always does this

Probably old news but still the first time I got it
I kek'd

Attached: Did you see that ludicrous display last night.png (1920x1017, 257K)

Portuguesa

>I've given up tryin to change the Brexit rules
In my case, I simply tweaked a few rules to have a Brexit that means Brexit (no Bosman, no EU, work permits required). Using the Brexit tab in the Editor doesn't deliver consistent results. Reminder: top English clubs do not give a single shit about Brexit. They still can buy everything they need, and often will.

>struggle horribly all season with the same 3 formations I won the league and CL with the prior year, board and fans giving me shit
>2 games left and about to miss CL qualification try going back to a 4-2-3-1 which I haven't used in 4 seasons and don't have the ideal players for
>this happens
o-okay

Attached: Untitled.png (1910x1080, 2.17M)

Who's Buyern's manager?

please tell me you just torpedoed their title challenge too

They've had a troubled past.
>klopp not even lasting a year

Attached: Untitled.png (1910x1080, 181K)

wow, that is man utd tier

rip

Attached: Untitled.png (551x74, 11K)

>Sacking that many coaches without taking a hit to your status
Reputation Manager full throttle.

kek
RIP herr herrlich

Won't happen. FM is somewhat coded not to sack two managers in a season... most of the time. However he shouldn't last.

>Your team are being offered at 5000-1

So you're saying there's a chance

A big chance actually. I like these odds.

Attached: Never tell me the odds.jpg (627x352, 38K)

I got £1 on you and ur boys, don't let me down

That's lestah odds. Something lucky about being 5000/1

Fucking fuming, this may be how I Tottenham my season

Attached: fuck off.jpg (695x403, 37K)

but why

>Conceding that many shots
W E W
E
W

Attached: Tottenham Bottlers.jpg (962x1123, 104K)

because >user db

>national team and club scheduled at the same time
>manage national team match
>game turns right back around and lets me manage club match

Suspension of disbelief destroyed
I want a refund

>Be at one match
>Arrange for tv in dugout showing other match
>Sit on phone to assistant the whole time and get him to relay your orders/put you on loudspeaker for team talks

Is there a way to fix this? He is a good boy, 21 years old, very talented, too good for us, but not yet kicking up a fuss despite getting 50m offers from AS Monaco for him.

But he won't renew his contract because he feels my team isn't good enough for his ambitions (he's right, but I'd still like him to stay)

Attached: pre concern.jpg (1920x1040, 224K)

How long does he have left on his contract?

Man look at this absolute midget

Attached: 20190604231942_1.jpg (1920x1080, 363K)

>AMC
>Manlet
It's not nice to laugh at your own people Matthieu.

Attached: 1447447910968.jpg (599x340, 23K)

3 and a half years

basically all you can do is keep improving your team and doing well. hopefully in a year or so, there'll be a period of time when no clubs are actively chasing him, and the team is doing well enough that he'll accept a new contract.
you can get a lot done in 2.5 years

choked the league by not being able to amass 3 points from the last 6 matches

i'm out, you win Miles

Such a weird combination of nationalities on this team

Attached: Shakhter Soligorsk_ Players Senior Squad.png (1920x986, 1.38M)

Then he can keep complaining. Unless your board sells him, he's staying. If he had one year left, you'd sell.

I thought they had moderately significant foreign player rules. are ukrainians exempt maybe?

Hello men, how is your save going?

I restarted my Serie D save. I realised that Gavorrano was very close to where I went on holiday in Italy last time so I switched to them.

got robben for free and marcus rashford on loan. now i need a CB because my main one left for 25M

Breddy gud
On one hand, I'm unbeaten in 7 and in 2nd place and the media is sucking my cock for it
On the other hand, 5 of those 7 were draws and I get the awful feeling this team isn't actually that good

literally uninstall. Being in a position like that and choking AND blaming Miles.

Attached: 1476139424413.jpg (250x250, 11K)

That's not how you write backup RW.

Attached: editor_2019-06-05_00-24-34.png (1920x1027, 84K)

Italy is comfy to /trb/ in.
Mine's going good thanks. Started unemployed, sunday league start. Got hired by Swedish fourth tier club, left and got hired by Irish prem side. With being favourite for 10th, I finished 8th last season to stay up, and this season the same but I'm currently 5th. Very tight at the moment from 4th to 9th though.

Attached: 87e647a8a6c71d40ef961574e589832d.png (1306x778, 249K)

Does the World Cup really only allow players to wear numbers up to 23 or is this SI just being lazy shits with their national teams again?

just beat fakin top of league away dint I. cam on the lads

Attached: 53c1ff0541cf672dc8a654745d0df64f.png (1247x545, 121K)

's going well. in all likeliness going to win the league 3rd time in a row, while in the meantime going through a rejuvination of the squad. hoping that i can get all these guys to come good together so we can have a deep run in europe in a few seasons.

Attached: potentials.jpg (1920x1040, 378K)

That's actually true, you are forced to use 1 to 23 with no gaps. At one point a NT wanted not to use a number to honour a dead player and the FIFA refused, suggesting they should give that number to the 3rd keeper since he's unlikely to play anyway.

Italy and South America are literally the only areas I can motivate myself for a long term save. And it has been like that for half a decade now kek.

Just saw my hometown club got bought but a supporters' trust
What difference does that make? Was considering taking that job if it ever opened up

IME, it essentially means they're resell the club in a year or two. I never had a CEO that had the trust of the fans stay on board for over a couple of seasons. I don't know if it's a bug, SI quality or a "feature", but they just don't last.

>half-time
>other team has 0 shots
>still trail 1-0

Shit that only happens to me, I swear

A heavy away loss in the champions league knockout? Who could be to blame for this?

Attached: awayloss.jpg (1920x1040, 330K)

ah yes

Attached: poop.jpg (1920x1040, 378K)

>2034
gravenberch should still be great, why the fuck was he an unused substitute?
fucking get it together pep

Attached: Bald Wet Cunt Exposed.jpg (864x594, 100K)

Is there anything worse?

Attached: end me.png (677x31, 3K)

based

>consider selling wingback because he's a relic of my early seasons at the club and has 5 crossing
>buyern won't give me more than 3m for him so I back out
>sets up two goals in an EL knockout game with great crosses and probably would've had more assists if his teammates were on the ball
maybe that attribute just doesn't do anything

FM doesn't rate FBs/WBs that are technically terrible poorly, so here you go. That said, if he has decent tekkers aside from his Crossing, IWB is still an option.

nah, he's a lump. halfway decent utility player, but really just physicals and nothing else

Attached: Nico Zeh_ Overview Attributes.png (1366x768, 317K)

>opposing teams score 0 goals on us during group stage
>still get knocked because of 2 own goals in 3 games

See my previous statement about shit that only happens to me

On the other hand
>1-7 2: Huehuehue Bougaloo

Attached: FIFA World Cup_ Overview Stages.png (1920x1017, 131K)

It's that time, /trb/
Place your bets

Attached: FIFA World Cup_ Overview Stages-2.png (1920x1017, 91K)

Norway or the highway

Homefield advantage brother

Attached: happymurrica.png (426x364, 11K)

on the evidence of this year's u20 WC, I'm with ecuador

>but really just physicals and nothing else
Strong pacebabbies are FM's favourite FBs. A FB with decent tekkers but average physicals is considered shit, while a FB with great physicals but only enough technique to pass the ball to their closest midfielder gets picked more often. I remember the media going apeshit because I picked for the NT a FB that could actually pass (and was more versatile) but was ageing with serviceable physicals over a FB that was a literal Sagna: fast, strong but with no technique. Obviously said old FB absolutely destroyed the opposition in the following friendlies. 2bf, he was previously at my club, and due to his average physicals he only could find a job in Austrian D2 while if FM could see the value in having such a player, he'd be good enough for much better teams.

Got promoted to the Championship with fucking ease season 1, struggling in said championship in S2. Back 3 are pure garbage but I can't afford to upgrade.

o bertacchini
o lu-ukaku
o deschamps tchau deschamps tchau deschamps tchau tchau tchau

Attached: Chelsea v IK Frej Täby_ Match Review.png (1366x768, 254K)

I just lost my best MC because I can't make them sign proper contracts. Fuck sake. Fuck this, signing more regens to replace him.

>Nick Beta ended his goal drought today
>He had gone 10 hours of competitive football without scoring
>check his stats
>27 goals in 30 games
??? Why is the game only counting league?

Hello, what date does the Brexit decision come up in the game? I like to fast forward unemployed through most of the first season in my playthroughs and I end up missing the ruling.

What date is real life getting its final Brexit ruling?

t-thanks

just realized i've been mixing kalala's when i thought i only had one

Attached: kalala lads.jpg (1920x1040, 224K)

I haven't managed in Spain in about 400 years, what's an interesting club in the lower leagues to go to?

Real Union
>Founding member of la liga
>In based basque country
>won copa del rey twice in early days with an English manager who, as a player, is the second highest all-time goalscorer in the top-flight.
>In 2008 against Union was the first time in history that Real Madrid were eliminated by a Segunda División B team at home
>based logo imo

Extremadura Unión Deportiva

Won the Mcean or w/e it is Cup with Distillery. Got a double so far. I can't win them all as I went out in the Shield in the semi's. I'm upset. I got a replacement for my lost MC but he's cup tied anyway. Either way, goal is to win remaining ones. I've lost one, drawn one out of all games so far.

thanks sons I'll check em out

>i don't know what happens when those teams lose their sugar daddies but it looks like they just get fucked with no reprise
turns out this happened to the team i ended up taking over (local businessman takeover) and the answer was just "yes". great job si. beautiful stuff. do not make any sort of long-term plans in china

Attached: 2019-06-05 13_30_16-Football Manager 2019.png (1487x372, 41K)

whats a good Zidane tactics in fm19

2-2-1-2-1

"I have faith in you. Go out there and make a difference."

Attached: 1496526971394.png (2048x1536, 3.99M)

We have fucking $400 million dollars and its been 5 years since i've been allowed to hire another coach

Attached: BATE Borisov_ Finances Summary.png (1920x986, 1.11M)

do they give an excuse? I don't really think the excuses signify much, but sometimes I get a kick out of them
>we're refusing to setup an affiliate club link because your recent results [against man city and dortmund in the CL] haven't been good enough

how's your season been?

Attached: just fucking end this season already.png (1573x814, 197K)

Some bullshit about us already having enough but its like they cost $500 a month.

>Didn't adjust to the winter crash
Welcome to /trb/ Pedro.

Attached: 1473965206636.gif (302x339, 1.72M)

I made a few adjustments after The Midseason Slump(TM) and it seems to be going fine now. Probably I'll just look for another team after this season regardless of the result though.

Attached: 20190605165034_1.jpg (1920x1080, 344K)

I will win the league if I win my next match. Regen signings saved everything. (even tho Beta wasn't a regen signing and is my best goal scorer, he's barely scoring in the league)

Attached: league 2.png (1739x844, 219K)

>in the middle of the worst run ever at the club
>play last match without any strikers
>score 2 against Sporting for the first time ever
>they turn it around last minute
>Benfica chokes and they win the title

this is why you watch our league

Attached: wildride.png (1592x822, 207K)

>a Beta that isn't a complete disappointment
wew

won the league with a squad of average age 22, now a tricky summer of having to keep my key players here as the major european sides come in with their bids

Attached: aalst boys.jpg (1920x1040, 210K)

>26 goals and 11 assists in 27 goals in the league
how much can i ask for him?

Attached: file.png (1768x1009, 376K)

>valued at 1.8k
If you were AI you'd ask for at least sextuple digits
But depending on his actual PA 50k would be fine IMO

but because of rep, the best you can hope for is probably 10k + 50% of next fee
not that you shouldn't try to ask for more

haha

this sucks man

Attached: 2019-06-05 18_16_45-Football Manager 2019.png (888x182, 23K)

RIPIP

Attached: 1465141933585.webm (960x540, 1.98M)

it's a fucking heartbreaker, second full season at the club, i'd just got my import players of the future and beyond, patched up the big deficiencies, great group of lads that were ready to shock the asian footballing world over the next couple of years

i'm 4th in the league going into the stupid 2-month chinese summer break so maybe i can at least leave them with asian champions league qualification

Attached: rip renhe.png (2536x2696, 973K)

Damn tsu posters

tsu

that 3rd goal was vintage tsu. everyone in the whole world knew exactly what was going to happen the minute he got on the ball, nobody could stop it

what's the worst press conference and why is it the new signing press conference?

Lads. I need your assitance. I just got my youth intake for my Distillery game. I got an amazing FW. Like, super amazing for my level. So good he could easily go into my first team. Do I try and keep my current top scorer by offering him a new contract every time somebody tries to sign him on a free (non-contract thing) or do I let him go and play my new youth candidate?

F

pls respond, guys, pls....

can you keep the top scorer and use the kid anyway? if the new guy is as good as you say, I imagine he might eventually get snapped up by a club big enough that your trick won't work, and then you'll want the other guy back

compare the two players and show us the stats is an obvious thing to do. How do we know how amazing this youth guy is? Might have some big flaws.

Youth kid on left.

Attached: gregg.png (1728x674, 99K)

I'd say left is better by a fair bit. Also the dude on the right is literally called beta kek.

Yup. But he's been banging them in for me.

Apps: 36
Goals: 35 (7/7 Penalties)
Assists: 9
Average Rating: 7.05

This is his strike partner, a regen I signed early on. Pretty good I thought (he's best as Pressing Forward (D)) and I thought he might do well with Gregg. Hopefully Gregg will improve rapidly (I have top tier training in my manage skills as usual). Here he is.

The weird thing is, Nick Beta is Northern Irish but the game states he has an 'Unknown' Place of Birth. TransferMarket says he is Northern Irish... but the Distillery wiki page says he is Haitian.

Attached: kerr 2.png (1321x1127, 202K)

>name is Beta
>determination: 1
you literally couldn't make it up!!

Yeah but he's banging them in kek. I'm gonna offer him a new contract to keep the fuckers off him and use him until end of season. Then we'll see. Gregg will be used next season (I won the title, still haven't lost a game in league) instead of him.

I haven't played this since 2011, how much has the game changed?

lots, but also not nearly as much as you might have hoped. there's lots of funny little shit like agents/private chats with players/tactical instructions that have shifted around to the point where they'd look unfamiliar to you, and there have been tweaks to the match engine to the point where some tactics that were fantastic in fm10 are now borderline useless, but overall it's the same >game.

not much

Attached: fm18 mascot.png (615x462, 198K)

>that feel when you're watching a highlight and the opponent has forced a foul on you and the ref trots over (or minces in some cases) and you think, hope, pray, that it's a red card
>Player Got A Stiff Talking Too
FUCK OFF.

I remember, when I first started and hadn't learned FM's tells, I would yell OFF OFF OFF at the screen every time one of my players got fouled

>tony adams director of football
>john carver assistant manager

yeah, I'm thinking this game is based

Lads. What's the best fm19 skin ?

Not at all.

wish I knew. can't find one I like

Regens keep looking worse

Wannachupbrew instant result

14 team league
>26 home/away round robin matches
>league is split in two top/bottom halves
>12 home/away round robin matches in each half
>38 matches total
During the second set of round robin matches, each team will have one bye week. The 7th/8th placed team will have theirs in the last round of matches, to make title races/relegation battles more interesting.

anyone got an updated version of this?

Attached: 1510268343349.png (2250x662, 703K)

2015 > 2013 > 2014 > 2012 > 2011 > 2016 > 2017

Attached: GmDq3V2.jpg.f142450113f1ccdd5065856b029dd79c.jpg (2200x250, 124K)

2008 > 2015 > 2012 > 2010 > 2009 > 2013 > 2014 > 2016 > 2011 > 2018 > 2017

*sends a looping header through the middle to nobody despite having 15 yards of space to bring the ball down*

What does the "maximum 3 new players" mean for Champions League registration? I'm trying to pick my squad for the knockout stage and it's telling me eight of my players are new when they played in groups

weird. it does mean that they weren't registered in your last squad list in that season's competition, but clearly something funny's going on.
how old are they? did you maybe not register them because they were u21 and qualified automatically?
can you reload a save right when the message about announcing your squad arrived and see if it's happening because of something you did in the screen after opening it?

Yeah they're u21. The greyed-out hyphen next to their names meant unregistered in my retard brain

Have this clip of Ederson forgetting that he has arms for your help

Attached: 2019-06-06 09-02-33.webm (1280x720, 1.94M)

*goalkeeper goes out of the box and heads the ball*

Attached: 1498426917769.jpg (316x314, 23K)

*shoots off-balance from 40 yards because the "Open Net" trigger fired*
*misses*

>2-0 up at half time
>gave away 0 shots
>2nd half is a 'COMPLACENT COMPLACENT COMPLACENT' episode
>2-1 after 70 minutes
>red card in 91th minute from a double yellow after the first yellow was in the 85th minute
>already made 3 subs to take off yellows in the minutes before
>they have a CCC in the 95th minute
>game ends 2-1

I never doubted.

>be me
>play Crusaders in Cup
>they're literally best team in Norn Ireland
>I'm bottom
>manage to meme a 2-1 win by scoring two set pieces
>phew
>my regen 17 year old RB has somebody bidding on him
>go to offer him a new contract to get other club to fuck off
>I DON'T BELIEVE THE CURRENT SQUAD IS GOOD ENOUGH TO MATCH MY AMBITIONS
>he isn't even the best player in my squad
Well fuck right off then, cunt. I'll just sign an equally good RB regen.

Sorry, I'm in bottom division (but already won the title because lol, too e-z)

MILES!

Attached: 1559838493054.png (1186x854, 258K)

farming simulator 19. based.

never managed in South America before, should I start with Brazil or Argentina?

There's no reason to stack extra coaches if the workload is already light is there?

That google stadia thing might be good for FM. If there's tiny button lag it won't matter because it's FM, but you'll be able to run bigger databases with better performance (probably). Would also be good for map games (paradox, civ etc). No idea how they'd get it working for shooters or stuff like FIFA, PS4 remote play is unplayable

I did a Temperely run and it was super fucking easy as the variation in level difference between top division and the one below is minor. You're also at a major advantage if you do Brazil (not that Temperely is Brazil) because Brazil have the best Youth Rating (along with France) and thus you get god tier regens every year somewhere in the nation and it's easy as piss to find them.

If you can get multiple 7 Star Coaches for each area and it's Light, then no. But there is also no harm in doing so and extra coaches can have different styles which, especially in regards to Youth, can determine what youth lads you get.

Yeah I was in argentina a couple years ago. I think IRL when good argentinian players wash out of europe, they're very selective about going to the big clubs and the big clubs are very aggressive about pursuing them. But in FM they'll be on the free transfer list for 6 months, then they'll go to a player-owned Temperley, Tiro Federal etc. no problem.

What the actual fuck is this regen

7 star?

Attached: supergerrard.png (1918x1080, 300K)

See, I found this guy and signed him for £2.5M. He's literally banging them in for me already. In three years time he'd be world class and I'd have no trouble just strolling the league. Not that I have many troubles as is. The issue with EU is that there is a limit on how many non-EU players you can have in Europe. So Argentinians have to be really good to be signed and if they're a wash they're just dropped and not risked any more. Unless, of course, they get a secondary nationality and thus get away with it that way.

>wasting all that glorious and delicious stat gain on multiple positions
Hate that shit. At least he can drop deeper back if you're winning. Good player though. He's tall, got good jumping, decently strengthed, not slow, good balance, good bravery, good decisions. Only issue is low determination. Rest will make him a good recycler.

And I meant 5 Star. It used to be 7 Stars.

Attached: £2.5m t.png (1735x1123, 267K)

Also should note that Marquez isn't even a regen. I had a few regens that would have come good too. Marquez is great. Shame I couldn't get him to drop the AMR/AML shit so he could get more stat gains. If only he was 16/16 speed.

>balanced

*gets fat and depressed in your path*

Attached: michael johnson.jpg (599x374, 38K)

>playing a current year fm with an even laggier interface
no ty

Oh nonononono. The prophecy is written

Attached: Untitled.png (1918x1080, 274K)

it really is some major BS that an agent can force a release clause that he is not willing to budge from ("min release fee locked by agent"). As if a REAL agent wouldn't be swayed to increase the release clause if i drastically improve his fee and the player's wages; It is ridiculous

just edit it out if they do that. it's the same shit with clubs demanding (read, locking) 50% sell on fee for a player when they're some shitter club being offered £5m for a guy valued at £5k.

>90% of shots in a box come off fucking defenders
>never any fucking penalties
Sick of this shit, pinball bullshit.

Had no choice lads. Due to discipline system in Norn Ireland I had to promote my superstar youth lad to senior team, despite me wanting to give him a proper debut season.

Actually, no, fuck it. I'll play a meme formation instead.

You can use something like FMRTE in the multiplayer? What the fuck? My friend has a crazy amount of money with a shithole club, his players have unrealistic stats and they are always in 100% condition. How is it possible?

I let my assman handle the youth intake now I'm over my wage budget

Anything I can do other than release players?

[spoiler]please help I'm new to FM[/spoiler]

Attached: 1547396942249.jpg (184x184, 5K)

peru or chile

You can use FMRTE, yes. I used to use it against my ''''''''mate'''''''' and he did it against me (we both claimed we weren't, I didn't use it to give me money though, just to scout people) but this was like 10 years ago.

1k/wk put you over your wage budget? The easiest way to sign kiddies is to wait until the candidate trial matches then click sign recommended players

Sell or loan players out. Swap some transfer budget for wage. Most boards won't give a shit as long as you get results and if you then get promoted your budget is increased anyway. If you progress/do well in top division, it goes up anyway. As for youth intakes, as far as I know, just wait until the candidate list, then the friendly match, then sign the best ones. Or load up a scout program and see who has the best potential and go off that.

Some options off the top of my head:
- Try to sell or loan them (with 100% wage compensation)
- See if you have any transfer clauses available you can cash out - when you sell a player and have something like a sell on clause, you can usually make an agreement with the other club to cancel the clause and get some money right away in advance; you might have some of these. Go to transfers -> clauses. see pic related for a sample
- If you have transfer budget available, you can move the slider from transfer budget to wage budget
- Go to board > make board request > ask for more transfer or wage budget

Attached: sellonclause.jpg (1920x1040, 154K)

Yeah first thing I do is become dictator of the club.
In my reputationless unemployed start, my HoYD kept signing very, very mediocre youth players on £30/week when I had key players on £20/week or non-contracts. How fucking retarded?

offer them a new contract and depending on your level, they might accept a non-contract with high appearance fee (if they're youth it shouldn't matter)

thanks lads

WHAT THE FUCK. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF MY REGENS SAYS THAT THE CLUB ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH TO MATCH HIS AMBITION. I SIGNED YOU. WE'RE TREBLE WINNERS AND BEATING TOP DIVISION TEAMS. WHAT THE FUCK?

for me, personally, it's Quality Of Possession

Attached: qop.jpg (217x94, 7K)

>wolfram
>ourbreakfast

>Board is now upset that Kerr isn't performing well
>he's still doing OK
>I can't make him score as he's a Pressing Forward (D)

Apps: 37
Goals: 21
Assists: 5
Average: 7.47

I've told him he needs to step up but I have nobody to replace him.

tell him to be himself

>Pressing Forward (D)
no chance you can play him as S or A?
PF-a is powerful shit in lower leagues, PF-s is fine if you also want them to hold up the ball

>loan in defensive minded CM
>he starts scoring for fun

>set CM as DLP-d
>set DM as DM-s with a 'get further forward' instruction
>DM averages about 1 goal every 3 games from late runs to the top of the box
he's (supposedly) a terrible finisher too, lel

Weird name

Attached: 20190606223924_1.jpg (1920x1080, 380K)

weird logos

one of my favourite regens in fm15 was called israel. that was back when setting a guy at AMC and telling him to dribble as much as possible would guarantee you wins

Attached: Traditional Jewish Dance.gif (276x204, 3.45M)

Hold my drink

Attached: okok.png (1920x1080, 1.47M)

>mongolian
sorry, I don't want to put my hand anywhere near your glass of fermented horse piss

which one of these should I install and play right fucking now??

Attached: which.jpg (231x145, 11K)

2010, holiday for 10 years

>

Attached: fm14 dialogue.jpg (573x67, 7K)

thank you for the feedback

I've gone with 12 for now

top (non-meme) choice

based

Attached: 1465704568874.jpg (1000x800, 61K)

lads how do i stop being shit at this game

>game
git gud

or is this about the England match?

Go do your post match interviews Gareth

either/or
how do i git gud, then

would like to see southgate launch into a series of expletives tbqh

kinda wanted to go with an even older FM but the old pre-widescreen interfaces would just be too confusing to me

Attached: MESSI MESSI MESSI.jpg (1920x1062, 480K)

>utd probably relegated
please

Attached: English Premier Division_ Overview Profile-14.png (1920x1017, 513K)

looks like brexit negotations are finally over, september 2034

Attached: brexit.jpg (1920x1040, 155K)

Mike the optimist

unless you're going ultimate nostalgia mode (i.e. old CMs) 11-14 is the golden age anyway, the immediate post-CM/FM split FMs were not that great anyway and 11 was the one that added dynamic league reputation (pre-11, leagues would never change their reputation, which meant that they never got significantly better/worse and that if you were a club outside of england/spain/germany/italy you would just get fucked if you ever became a superpower because your reputation got capped at a certain point)

i wish i still had my fm11/12 saves, for some reason i think 12 was the last time that i ever really enjoy lower-league management in england and therefore had the patience to take a club up the leagues, idk why. probably something about how the game started slowing down once they released FM Classic/FM Touch and just let everything get bloated to shit

im looking at my fm13 screenshots now and i totally forgot i made my guy lithuanian, i think that was because of morzikei somehow. jesus christ we're all getting old

Attached: Juozas Eduarskas_ Overview Profile.png (1304x746, 424K)

La Liga is tactically decades ahead of the Premier League and English football in general.

Get fucked.

Good night lads.

>manager pictures
F
>jesus christ we're all getting old
feels bad being old enough now that I can give my manager my real date of birth and him not being 'too young' to realistically be a manager

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nice try, kiddo!

how ashamed should I be of relying on a player like this?

marks for:
>came through my youth academy
marks against:
>complete shit
>wouldn't have made it professionally if not for his speed
>one-footed
>double-barrel name
>winger

Attached: Thomas Strandell-Nolstam_ Overview Attributes.png (1366x768, 319K)

we all have to have a brainlet pacebabby once in a while la

wew at this performance
I usually let the first half playthrough and go make a brew or something and so I come back to this, meaning that I will be 10 points clear of Derry who are 9th and in the relegation play-off spot.
I'll tell the lads not to get complacent and no doubt they will concede within 10 minutes of the restart

Attached: a176dee4262685b491da7cc24761d8e3.jpg (1918x814, 562K)

3-0 is a pretty safe h/t scoreline in my experience
4-0 is the one you have to worry about

lol nearly straight away. Why is this game so predictable?

Attached: bba577ecf3fd2a9c0e74991841386245.jpg (1905x1006, 1.08M)

what made you want to manage that team? Journeyman career?

fucked if I can remember, I started this save shortly after 19 came out and only came back to it recently
I think I just wanted a stable 2nd tier team that wasn't a favourite for promotion and had a neat crest

Yeah I switched him to PF-S and he got a goal, so the board is happy now. His 10 hour goal drought (in the league) is over. I'm raping up this league. I lost my best RB to a way higher division, but I just signed another free agent. None are a risk, they're all good enough. 1st in goals scored, 1st in goals conceded (least, obviously) because I signed two regens who were giants and were quite good. Still only one loss this season.

If I didn't lose that one game, I'd be able to get a sextuple if I win the next two semi-finals and finals. Quintuple would be nice tho. I mean I beat Crusaders 2-1AET (they scored in 94th min of injury time) and my towering CB scored two goals that game from set pieces. Surprisingly rare. Both have 4 goals in 38 games.

Anyway, going for undefeated season but have a feeling it'll fuck up.

Wish there would be a way to campaign for VAR to be installed in your leagues/cups. Also, the day I can fucking ask my club, when we're sitting on half a billion, to build a Lv.20 training and youth facility and max budget everything etc etc is the day I ca die happy. The fact I have to beg and plead my club every year to get training facilities, only for them to only go up 1 once built (and sometimes you're in the middle of building and the board will order more and I dunno if it's just another +1 or what). I just want the best facilities done NOW.

Into the final of the North Irish Intermidiate Cup. Won Semi-Final 3-0. Against a Championship team I've already beaten already. Beta has 43 goals in 43 games with 9 assists. He is simply insane.

>Wish there would be a way to campaign for VAR to be installed in your leagues/cups
FM already has VAR and had VAR long before real life had VAR.

Double-barrel name is a positive. Don't slander Kurt in front of me again.

Attached: Kurt Schroll-Knudsen_ Overview Attributes-11.png (1366x746, 229K)

I am aware of that mate, my point is, I'm in X division that doesn't have VAR, I wish there was a way for me to ask for VAR in the game. Campaign for it in game.

And into the Final of the other cup. Fucking Beta is so good. Time and again he saves me.

Attached: beta rape.png (700x574, 213K)

>SIX fucking starters injured within the space of 2 weeks
what the fuck is happening in training?

when in doubt, fire your entire coaching staff

>all those fouls
mad respect

>Bruins fans mad because they got fucked over by poor officiating

LMAOOOOO000 GET FUCKED BOSTON
But all divisions have VAR.

I'm embarrassed by the format of this post, but the city of Boston can still go fuck themselves.

>fans are unhappy with how well [player who didn't make a single league appearance last season for me] started on loan (he has a 6.43 average rating on loan) and a player as important as him should never have been loaned out in the first place

Attached: 04f[1].png (246x200, 20K)

I have the most yellow cards and reds too. AssMan will go 'Play Get Stuck In' and I'll apply it and never take it off as it seems to win me games.

Never seen VAR applied in NIFL Premier Intermediate League.

You need to focus more on how much Boston needs to get fucked.

If you got a decently fast winger, is Knock Ball Past Opponents a good idea?

Fuck it. Gonna do it.

Finished my Distillery season unbeaten. Won all games but one. Now to win two more finals. I signed a AML and he's banged in 20 goals, 20 assists in 42 games. Seriously so many easy players to sign. My club hated my wage (but since nobody was on proper contracts, it was easy to deal with). I signed a good lad from Northern Ireland Police Service too.

Also set Gregg to improve his Ant, Comp and OtB. I don't think he will very easily. It'll take another season to get him up 1 or 2 he needs in each to get 10's. Still, he'll be playing in first team next year. Still torn on whether to drop Beta or Kerr.

I holiday'd from 2012 to 2025 and this is the best regen

Attached: 20190607110408_1.jpg (1920x1062, 209K)

You can also from your initial offer choose these clauses and click remove and exclude from negotiations. This works for me 99% of the time in FM19.

Issue is when you wanna offer 5% or 10% and they then go 'nope lol 50%' and lock it and the lowest you can do is 40%. It's like when you're offering somebody a wage

>I want £5k
>Max offer I can do is £4.5k
>Offer £4.5k + 10% wage rise
>No, I want £5k, but I'll take the 10% wage rise too
>Offer £4.5k + 50% wage rise
>No, I want £4.8k but I'll take the 50% too
etc, like, fuck off. I also want a way of filtering out staff who won't become U18 Managers etc (or at least find ones who will) and become coaches and shit. It's murder finding quality coaches sometimes who also are willing to go into U18 etc. Also, random staff members with good/decent GK training who can't be offered GK Coaching position because their last job wasn't one.

So many issues that need to be fixed.

Yeah, that's annoying. I never offer that shit though, good way to nuke your finances. Prefer to give bonuses based on winning cups/leagues/team of the years etc. because atleast then you have the prize money to offset the costs. The mechanic you mention is retarded though and Miles will never fix it.

are you fucking serious?

Attached: 1541593939908.png (1283x724, 598K)

>no 15

Attached: 1424084075634.jpg (1200x900, 169K)

Having 10 teams in a league is so weird when it's like this. 3 points seperate 3rd and 8th kek. 6 teams all fighting for 2 euro cup 1st qualification round spots

Attached: da77555efe6dc755c40138352b9c05de.png (1747x548, 128K)

When I played in the Irish league I found that despite there only being 10 teams there's usually a very sharp divide between the haves and the have nots.

Anyone know if there's a way of applying a different highlighted colour to player names for different shortlists?

>big, one-footed striker who's amazing at everything but has shit bravery
this is sort of the ultimate form of the archetypal FM forward regen

Guess the score lads

Attached: guessscore.jpg (398x219, 23K)

>mfw every "midfielder" my scout brings me is either a winger or AMC

Attached: 1VYDj.gif (600x544, 906K)

0-0

I wish, played 4-2-4 for the majority of the second half,theyre barely in my end of the field and score on a freak 35 yard screamer in the last second.

End me now

Attached: guessresult.jpg (1858x1080, 470K)

2-1 loss. One of the two goals was an own goal by one of your players.

Basëd

Attached: dualipa.png (678x823, 360K)

Is it gay to kiss another country if its still you?

Why is melanoma so bad at doing its fucking job?

>things a random /int/ thread generator would come up with
spookily accurate

>player leaves the club
>our knowledge of him instantly vanishes and looking up any data requires a scout report
ok

Attached: eightfootslap_ext.jpg (407x576, 68K)

It's going well

Attached: its going well.png (502x911, 150K)

This image doesn't match your sarcasm-filled statement.

he actually signed a new 5-year contract (without a min. release clause!) the absolute madlad. despite having interest from the biggest clubs and getting 50m bids for him in the summer. Absolutely based

Attached: steegmans.jpg (1920x1040, 456K)

/trb/ is a very serious thread and we should all strive to be genuine with our posts

Would this guy make a good half back?

Forgot image

Attached: Mus.png (1280x768, 747K)

I don't have FM19. Do it yourself.

Attached: FM08-18 regens.jpg (2200x250, 184K)

Give me the diagram/attribute analysis

Dude, where his his passing?

what a blessed pass. shame about the finish

Attached: 2019-06-07_21-21-59.webm (1422x840, 2.08M)

Oops

Attached: MUS2.png (1280x768, 750K)

I think he would, yeah. I haven't had much luck with HBs in this version but maybe I'm just playing the wrong formations

>"I'm disgusted with your handling of the situation, and this won't be the last you hear on the matter!"
>gets released

Morzi is always wrong..

It's very tempting but I don't know. I'll be in the prem this seasons so I'm not sure the whole no physicals will fly.

Attached: 20190607214248_1.jpg (1920x1080, 337K)

DO IT

is there any point to having a club philosophy other than giving your board another reason to be disappointed in you?

I'm more interested in the fact that lithuania is currently losing to luxembourg

Probably not unless it's to try and say what they want to hear in the initial interview process.

*ahem*. Apologize

Attached: CuqOKtFWcAAQbZa[1].jpg (1024x683, 81K)

If it's buy young players or anything else you'd do without thinking in every game I think it gives you points with the board

Ya beauty

Attached: 2019-06-07 21-32-16.webm (1920x1080, 2.17M)

delicious

new thread lads