Does Steph Curry have one of the worst NBA contracts?

Max Kellerman this morning brought up some of the worst contracts in the NBA, and he brought up Steph Curry. And since Steph Curry can't be the best player in the world, anything close to max for him isn't worth it

youtube.com/watch?v=ZYqvAWbrb0I&t=

spotrac.com/nba/golden-state-warriors/stephen-curry-6287/

He's getting paid the following amounts in the next three years:

2019-20: $40,231,758
2020-21: $43,006,362
2021-22: $45,780,966

Two questions
1) Is Steph Curry a bad contract like Westbrook or Wall or CP3? At least the latter two have proven they can carry a team by themselves
2) How tradeable is Steph Curry on the open market?

Attached: stephen-curry-warriors-nba-playoffs-sweep.jpg (1300x724, 92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/steph-curry-asked-bob-myers-about-taking-discount-contract
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

fuck off you literal retard they're not dropping him for kd shut the fuck up already autist.

Stop shilling first take, this is an FS1 board.

Who said anything about KD? Steph Curry's contract is pretty fucked up. What has he done to deserve all that money? He isn't LeBron. He isn't Kawhi.

As a Laker fan, I wouldn't want Steph unless the Warriors throw in picks and eats half of the salary. He's more like a $20 million player than a $40 million one.

You're retarded.

At this point Steph Curry is a brand as well as a basketball player. He's already won three rings and 2 MVPs, so keeping him around at 40~ million per season is a steal for how much revenue he brings to the franchise and NBA in general. Denying that he is one of the best players in the world is also pretty fucking stupid. If John Wall deserved a Supermax than so does Steph.

>Implying anyone thinks John Wall deserves a supermax

You know how a cap works, right? Steph doesn't play any defense. At all. SO he should only get paid for his offense, and $0 for defense because defense is 50% of the game

Why did you even make this post?

I'm just saying once KD leaves, the Warriors are so fucked because they gave this really retarded contract to someone who doesn't deserve it.

>Is Steph Curry a bad contract like Westbrook or Wall or CP3?
>How tradeable is Steph Curry on the open market?
if this isn't bait then you really should go back to beddie bye sweetheart

>giving a supermax to the best shooter the game has ever seen in his prime is dumb
Troll better, you tard.

it's the same durcant shill trying to downplay curry

I even forgot to mention that they have Bird Rights on his contract. You're a fucking retard.

Yeah, in what business model is giving a 33-34 year old player $45 million is smart? Look at the Rockets with CP3 or Kobe's last years.

Idiot

>Implying it isn’t Durant himself

OP is either an unholy marriage between unironic assblastedness and pure stupidity or a bad shill

I'm not even a Warrior fan. I'm a Laker fan. Tell me how its smart to give a 33-34 year old player $45 million is a smart idea?

>he isn't lebron
which is exactly why he deserves the money

>falling back on old memes once again
Curry isn't CP3 or Kobe, he's greater in a few set ways. He's majorly responsible for forging the franchise into what it is. Before him, dubs were as important as the Hawks. Kobe, as great as he is, played with the Lakers his whole career, who were already the Lakers. CP3 is a joke. Pay the man, and if you flyover inbreds think it's such a bad move, you should be excited for it

Attached: 1558627325989.gif (212x225, 90K)

LeBron at his best is a DPOY candidate. So LeBron goes 100% on offense and 85% on defense, hence he took a 4 year $154 contract. That's worth it

Steph doesn't do anything on literally HALF OF BASKTBALL. If Westbrook and Wall are bad contracts, so is Steph. Why is Max Kellerman the only one saying this?

>Curry isn't CP3 or Kobe, he's greater in a few set ways. He's majorly responsible for forging the franchise into what it is.

So you're paying a player on past performance instead of future projections? Smart.

It's not, thank Chris Paul and the banana boat boys for unionizing and rough-arming the owners into paying them that much money.

Even Steph Curry himself wanted to take a discount because he knows its stupid

nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/steph-curry-asked-bob-myers-about-taking-discount-contract

Even he knows he should be paid more like a JJ Redick or Kyle Korver than an actual supermax star a la LeBron or AD or Kyrie or Kawhi

>He's majorly responsible for forging the franchise into what it is
Not really, he's been carried by having another all-time great shooter in Klay, a literal nigger who no-one wants to call for techs or fouls because muh passion in Green, and a whole host of support guys who didn't fail to deliver in key moments. Igoudala could have been a career 25/5/5 guy if he didn't decide to take a massive paycut and play support for Curry and Klay. Durant is a luxury, he always needed the Warriors more than they needed him.

Kawhi is the only guy you listed worthy of a supermax.

>Durant is a luxury, he always needed the Warriors more than they needed him.

No, KD made the Warriors into a dynasty.

>his name is literally a brand
>most valuable players of the team
>2016 Season
>Does Steph Curry have one of the worst NBA contracts?
Your mom should've aborted

you missed the point, i can't fucking stand this subpar intelligence on these boards anymore

Attached: 154095098509238.png (1022x731, 643K)

So...again, paying for past performance instead of future performance. There's nothing smart about giving a 33-34 year old with a well documented history of ankle injuries $45 million. There's no way to spin that into a positive.

In fact, if I were the Warriors, I would've lowballed him and told him to "ask for his sponsors to make up the difference"

Except Curry's game doesn't rely on retard tier athleticism, retard. Christ, you need to stop making these threads already KD

All that off ball running doesn't need athleticism? You don't need lift from your ankles for jump shots? Thanks for exposing the fact you've never played ball.

Nice strawman retard. That wasn't what I said though.

You still NEED athleticism to play in the NBA. 3 pointers require athleticism.

How is LeBron not a supermax player? You're kidding right?

Why are you purposely being retarded? I'd meant athleticism in the way of trying to drive into the paint every possession as opposed to being a shooter. Kys honestly

>curry would be great if he wasn't carried by klay
>klay would be great if not carried by curry
>iguodala would've been an awesome 6th man on any other team other than the legendary team where he was their 6th man and he got FMVP
>draymond bad
>if only these literal whos hadn't been drafted into a a joke franchise and turned it within one year into the single most dominant force in basketball, (((I))) would respect them
>kd is the greatest player on earth but would be nothing if he wasn't carried by all these guys who are getting carried by the other guys
>yeah well only because they're getting carried by KD
>kd gets hurt and they win anyway
>yeah well steph gets carried by klay
and so on and so on

in what way is lefraud a supermax player, especially after the shitshow last season?

In year 17, he's still a top 2 player in the NBA.

Explain NBA salary’s to me pls

Attached: DB03FD94-DD41-4BF5-8851-A8F9F921DB3C.jpg (658x901, 61K)

Steph Curry still drives into the paint though and that's a huge injury risk. $45 million for a 33-34 year old.

It will be a shit contract in the last year or two but that always happens in sports

Yeah, it'll make signing anyone hard in 2020 or 2021. I don't see Curry aging all that well.

The Warriors should consider trading him while he has some trade value. Maybe for some picks.

I'm sure they will consider it but what GM would take him?
If I'm the Dubs I try everything to keep Kd on the team, and just eat the luxury tax. Even if it means literally throwing this Finals as others have said.

Who’s Max Kellerman?

Some dude from the /nba/ general that constantly posts retarded hot takes.

t. butthurt

Just another jew in sports media trying to grab a headline

The wisdom of paying 34 year old Curry $45 million is ???

You can have one guy on Max, and about 3 guys on 20M odd, the rest you should try fill up with Veteran / Rookie contracts, Free agents, or undrafted gems

Lebron hasnt played defense since he left cleveland

He had to be pushed by his own teammate into contesting a 3 pt shot

Not even slightly

>couldnt even get an 8th seed
>benched before the season was even over

the Rockets who were the 2nd best team in the best conference?

/thread

Attached: 1552589461972.jpg (396x221, 25K)

Two time mvp and the greatest shooter ever? Yeah they should definitely cut him. It's not like he's lead the team from being borderline irrelevant to the most op team in NBA history or anything.

Some cuck who let some nigger insinde his home and then the nog killed his brother

Attached: 1554735536625.gif (404x416, 180K)

$45 million at 34 years old

AND they’re trying to trade CP3 already....so you made my point

I don't think you could think any less for yourself user, the only evidence you present is the one meme clip the media showed you 9,000 times.

Fuck off ESPN social media faggot. Fuck (((Max Kellerman))), I hope he gets murdered by a nig just like his brother. Neck yourself, ESPNcunt and tell your social media marketing bosses to fucking neck themselves as well.

Fuck ESPN as an organization, people, and idea. Fuck everything tangentially related to ESPN. Fuck Disney, too. Fuck off social media marketing cunt.

Attached: 88455094-db42-456d-b50e-2b4b091f69dc-file_58bb1b85.jpg (970x546, 179K)

are you telling me this dude make 130 million dollars in 3 years? how these people not billionaires?

I mean isn't this Steph's last big contract? I can't see the Warriors paying him that much at 34-35. Would he be a ring chaser?

And? Not like he is 38. Vince Carter is 41 and chucking three. Curry is of the best 3pts shooter ever. he will be fine

Vince Carter isn't making $45 million

No shit. That not the point. If 41 vince carter can still fucking play, then Steph Curry, one of the best at 3pts will do just fine at fucking 34, lmao.

That's cool for Steph's next contract, but on this current one, I can't help but feel it was a severe overpay.

His game will age well plus the entire team is of a similar age so the team will decline at once so you can rebuild once the contract is legit bad.

For stars, you pay for the peak knowing you will overpay the end of the contract

i know op is trolling but he's the greatest pg in the league since 5 years.

they are.

Yeah, in the past. At 34, when Steph is getting $45 million, will he be a top PG? I doubt it.

>His game will age well

Evidenced by ??? Shooters age badly

nice bait

>nba
>defense
pick one

How is it bait? If Westbrook, CP3, and Wall are considered bad contracts, how is Steph not a bad contract?

based and SKEEEEEUPpilled

Attached: E6FE678E-2685-4DBC-B358-6BFB25262653.jpg (728x547, 244K)

they are not making that much, tax eats large part of it away, they are not making even a 100 mil after paying tax

that is not true soccerbro.
that is just a meme

this

>His game will age well
Yeah chucking 15 threes a game and running through endless screens to get open always ages well

>be so lethal the opposing team has to guard you as soon as you cross the center
>meme chucker
okay

Curry can destroy teams by himself. He isn't an absolute hard-carry like Harden but he can still single handedly decimate a team at any given time. Any player that can single handedly win games to the extent that he can gets paid big time.

>taking talking heads seriously

the "worst contracts in the NBA" conversation right now begins and ends with john wall

Why. If he puts asses in seats then who cares? It's not like they were going to build a championship team or something. You need to be realistic

>same justification that was used for kobr's unjustifiable last 2 years

nobody shows up to wizards games

no. no. no.
no.
no that's different. LA could have brought in top flight FAs.

Is Demarcus warming up???

He's listed active for game 1

Stephanie has titles and they don't. You win chips and that is enough to justify nearly any contract. Joe Flacco is proof of this even if they're different sports