Who's the best midfieldier in your opinion?

Who's the best midfieldier in your opinion?

Attached: pjanic_041101.jpg (1399x933, 702K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OdxMkQhq58g
youtube.com/watch?v=_TkIA5TSxZQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Not him

Frenkie de Jong

Jisung park

Attached: 407590.jpg (590x350, 36K)

Kante

Attached: fan service 2.jpg (563x571, 129K)

Highly underrated because he plays in Serie A

>Pjanic
We're not in 2016 anymore Gustaf.

not him

people don't rate pjanic just because he's muslim
fucking racists

Denzel Washington?

2008-2012 - Xavi
2012-2016 - Iniesta
2016-2018 Modric
2018-? Kevin de Bruyne

Sneijder 2010
Ribéry 2013

neither are proper midfielders. Sneijder was a 10 (and it's a myth that he deserved the Ballon D'Or in 2010... all his best performances were in 2009 and he dropped off a cliff in 2010). And Ribery is a winger through and through.

Stupid frog.

>2016-2018 Modric

this list

made me realize how godly Modric is. hes literally Messi dribbler with better vision and passing

Paul Pogba.

For me, it just has to be Stijn "De Artiest" Spierings for promoting >us back into the Eredivisie.

Attached: 489b3805315d9f212ba62bfec0b7febc.jpg (880x495, 67K)

>and it's a myth that he deserved the Ballon D'Or in 2010
fake and gay, kys

Easily Kevin de Brown

>hes literally Messi dribbler with better vision and passing
lol what the fuck am I reading. Messi is world's ahead of modric in all three of the those categories. the only thing stopping Messi from being the world's best midfielder is him not being a midfielder

No, he just isn't the best midfielder in the world, not even close on current form

Attached: 291289E1-8F4A-493A-B295-91E7D054DECA.jpg (634x755, 136K)

I agree that Pjancake is underrated, but he's not the world's best midfielder my dude

No. Laurence Fishburne.

I'm reminded of this classic

youtube.com/watch?v=OdxMkQhq58g

>be best fk taker in the world
>have to let shitnaldo take them because of his name
just

Of all time - Iniesta
Now - Prolly KDB

>Of all time
why do people say this stuff? unless you've been watching soccer since the 60s you're writing yourself into a corner. just say "best I've ever seen"

TSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Attached: 1558460273262.jpg (1581x1751, 411K)

Fine. Best I've ever seen.

>0/27
pathetic

Attached: 1557001871659.jpg (1920x1080, 300K)

He’d be very close to Messi in all 3 categories but can defend and run like a madman for back to back to back 120mins. Don’t think there’s been anyone close to Modric in the midfield in recent years.

yeah, don't misunderstand me, I rate modric quite highly. he was arguably madrid's most important player during the CL domination (I say arguably because the importance of Ramos, Ronaldo, and Marcelo shouldn't be understated).

but if you could clone Messi, and have one of them be a CAM, passing to himself, good christ how many goals would they score? that's the problem with barca, Messi does this magnificent passes but they wind up at the feet of bottlers. Imagine if Messi and Ronaldo ever played together? what joy it would be to watch.

all UEFA had to do was organize an All Star game. what a shame.

>an All Star game
Don't worry, you'll see them both play together in a charity match when they're pushing 50

Attached: suicide.png (432x505, 188K)

present? damn, that's a hard one
there's really not a single one that stands out from the rest in a somewhat distant manner

Messi and Modric have different roles, they’re both amazing at what they do.
If Modric would take more free kicks and Messi would show any defensive effort ever, it’d be easier to compare them.

This flag
This post

Attached: A9DCDE13-0FD8-465E-9D64-0146D26142AE.jpg (480x360, 28K)

>Messi would show any defensive effort ever, it’d be easier to compare them.
yeah this is one criticism I have of Messi. although you can argue he saves his calories for when he "needs" them, sometimes he's just not mentally into a game, and says fuck it, proceeding to count the blades of grass and chase butterflies.

I always thought if you could take Ronaldo's heart, and his /strongmind/, and transplant it into Messi's body, you would have an unstoppable force

Best DM - Kante
Best AM - Messi
Best CM - De Bruyne
Best box-to-box - ????
Best young AM - Sancho
Best LW - Hazard
Best RW - ????

>Ronaldo's heart
What heart? Ronaldo camps out in the box all game. Messi does a lot more running with/without the ball.

Yeah I understand what your saying but it’s very hard to compare them as they’re completely different roles.

Modric just hardly ever makes mistakes, his passes are always intelligent and have purpose. He manages games so well and he’s always in the game. Easily Madrid’s most important player after Ronaldo. Ramos came up with some big goals but he makes far more mistakes. Marcelo too.

Just watch the World Cup match between Croatia and Argentina. Modric absoloutly controls the game, never makes a mistake. Things like that don’t get noticed because they seem simple.

Fabinho
Messi
De Bruyne
Meme role
Havertz
Hazard
Salah

Kante easily

he screams at his guys, he never says die. he plays the captain role when they need it. this is what Barcelona needed during that 4-0 against liverpool. they needed someone on their team to SCREAM at them, say "wake the fuck up!", they needed this after 2-0, after 3-0, and certainly after the disgraceful fourth goal. they all just looked so defeated with their shoulders slumped. not saying it's all Messi's responsibility but fuck me does Barcelona need leadership.

idk, you just get the feeling when watching Messi and Ronaldo that Ronaldo cares more.

point taken

>Ronaldo cares more
Yeah cause Ronaldo needs his teammates to supply him good balls in order to be effective, without good service he's practically worthless. Messi on the other hand is the one relentlessly creating chances and he has to work with trash and one trick ponies like Dumbele and Coutinho, Liverpool were outplaying them at Camp Nou until Messi got those 2 quick goals

I would never claim that Ronaldo was better than Messi. My eyes work, clearly Messi is superior. I just feel that Ronaldo is more passionate, which is something Messi and Barcelona would profit from

No passion in the world could make Pique become a good defender. There's a reason why Spain became awful the second Puyol retired, he was the one making Pique look competent.

And Bale.

yes, Puyol was the leader that Barcelona was sorely missing against Liverpool. Mascherano was another leader who is also gone. They just need some guts on the roster. Even a coach with guts. During that 4-0 slaughter fucking Valverde just stands on the sidelines, stonefaced as always, with arms crossed, as thought this was according to keikaku.

Bale had terrific moments but I always felt like he was inconsistent. Same with Isco

That is what I was referencing.

B silva

Pique being awful isn't Messi's fault. It's not Messi's job to tell Pique he shouldn't be spaced out during a corner.

>It's not Messi's job to tell Pique he shouldn't be spaced out during a corner.
if you're referring to the fourth goal, the entirety of the barcelona squad was spaced out. fucking ter stegen was clapping at someone as the corner came in. in their minds they were defeated already. that's why they needed leadership. 11 players, 0 leaders.

NA posters need to stop just stick with basketball and hockey

If we were in 2016 we would still be talking about Bautista.

For me, it's Jack Wilshere.

Hendo. Fuck the haters, high footballing IQ needed to appreciate his game.

Then you're shit out of luck, because Henderson is one of the dumbest players in Liverpool's squad. No wonder Klopp wanted Fabinho so much.

>le long pass out of position inbred man

youtube.com/watch?v=_TkIA5TSxZQ

Attached: 968CF1FC-51E6-4975-92E9-7B9E79E4D798.jpg (800x600, 63K)

>Muh passion

>and it's a myth that he deserved the Ballon D'Or in 2010... all his best performances were in 2009 and he dropped off a cliff in 2010
fucking end yourself

Witness midfielder perfection

Attached: 5abbe3a5aea96.jpg (1920x1080, 80K)

Dude, they had Reynaldo the whole time.

>le average in Serie A man

from the makers of
- André Gomes
- João Mário
- Gélson Martins
- Renato Sanches

The newest Primeira Liga flop, coming, this summer, near you!

This time its different goy