Why is it still called the Ballon d’Or and not the golden ball...

Why is it still called the Ballon d’Or and not the golden ball? It’s a well known fact that English is the most dominant language in Europe, so why does this award still have an irrelevant language name?
>le history
The World Cup was invented by a French guy, but you don’t see it being called the Coupe du monde

Attached: BFA24A5E-24CB-4455-B109-7773DD4C8E3E.png (300x300, 93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=54ItEmCnP80
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Oh, and 7-1

ballon dor sounds cool

please, shut the fuck up and leave already

americans are NOT welcome in this board.

What does it matter? Why everything needs to be standardized? I thought americans were against this type of stuff for using Imperial system and playing their crazy retarded sports.

Great, more american francophobia.

France Football created the award and ran it for more than 50 years before handing it over to fifa (guess what that stands for). It's an hommage (or tribute in your illiterate retardese) to the people that made it happen.

Tradition, you plastic fuck

>tradition

Attached: 16467082-A599-4F6C-813C-A634417E46EF.png (647x778, 17K)

Still seething over 7-1 kek

French magazines own the award and they give the popularity ball to whoever will get them the most money

>isn't aware that FIFA is run mostly in french
>le petit pays des "États Unies d'Amérique"
Hate to break it to you but the rulebook I got back when I was applying to become a ref was supplied by FIFA and in french first then in english.

This is an American-created website Jose you can seethe all you want

great argument

Because English speaking nations can't play soccer

australia is good

They're one of the best teams on their continent but globally speaking they are still weak.

I recommend watching more A-League games. The standard of football makes for an enjoyable spectacle.

>The standard of football makes for an enjoyable spectacle.
MLS gives me this feeling too. It's so terrible that it's so entertaining

The logic is watertight on this one

No one here watches or gives a flying fuck about soccer.

what sport do you play instead? snake fighting? kangaroo boxing? emu retreat?

R E N T F R E E
E
N
T

F
R
E
E

>not playing "An arvo on the beach" and "Prawns on the barby"

Pipe down Pajeet

shower swordfighting

it's funny you say that. we had an australian in the group since he was in town for school and everytime we went on a trip he would do gay shit, like jump in the shower when someone was in it and spank their ass or tug on their dick or something. he would usually play a song like
youtube.com/watch?v=54ItEmCnP80
on his phone when he did it so it was funny instead of gay, but ya. that australian dude.

Most sports federations, FIFA included, have French names. French is just a popular language among the executives.