Has there ever been a more powerful sports city than Los Angeles?

If so, name them.

Attached: download.jpg (285x177, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

espn.com/los-angeles/radio/show?showId=now
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: 1558565079980.jpg (645x729, 71K)

Lately, Boston

Athens

San Antonio

Really? When has Boston been the media center for ESPN and FS1? When has free agents come to any Boston team?

Ever notice that LA teams never have to rebuild because FA's just flock to them?

LA is an embarrassment to California

so they're just a place where highly rated players go to end their careers. kind of sad

Extremely redpilled post

t. Gay Area resident

Talk to me when you win a championship

Yeah, Shaq in 1996 came here with the intention to retire. Also LeBron last year. Also Kareem in the 1970s.

Idiot.

>Ever notice that LA teams never have to rebuild because FA's just flock to them?

Attached: 6628CEFB-EABC-4E07-AA47-1333C53A87A7.png (425x560, 137K)

kawhi leonard is from los angeles
in many ways california wins a championship either way

For the last decade, unironically the SF Bay Area
>3 world series won in 6 years
>4 NBA championships won in 5 years
>shorks never close but always make the playoffs (remind you of anyone, LA?)
>NFL is at it's lowest point in history so who cares but the 49ers and Raiders (who haven't moved yet) are still well known franchises
>The rest of the United States of Flyovers hates CA so they do it with unlimited negative media coverage and mean mean words from channy desus

damn 2 players from decades ago and 1 guy whose career is over. Ya got me and definitely did not aid my argument.

>1 guy whose career is over

LeBron is still in his prime you jealous fuck. And fuck, look at who the Clippers are gonna get.

West Hollywood is gayer than the Castro

>can't even drag a team of shitters into the playoffs like several other players are capable of in the west
>his prime
thats a yikes if true

Boston has won way more
And outside of this run, Bay Area teams are largely irrelevant.

>benched before the season was even over

Ohnononononono

Berlin

Attached: regular-16-9.jpg (900x506, 139K)

>it's pronounced Los FEliz
>let's go to the Bowl
>this hotdog is so good, I wait 45 minutes in line with tweakers every day for it
>shit i'm out of gas
>can't wait to hit the club tonight and wait in line for 1.5 hours to get to the bar
>our teems are the best

And yet, ESPN and FS1 is working overtime to get/pressure players into going to the Lakers. New York analysts like Stephen A Smith, Max Kellerman, Nick Wright and Cris Carter, LA based Shannon Sharpe, Skip Bayless and Colin Cowherd

They are all on the forefront of recruiting players for the Lakers. They are also simultaneously pressuring the face of the Warriors, KD, into leaving.

Tell me that's not the power of LA in sports.

Athens
Madrid
London
Barcelona
Paris
Wellington

As a former bay area resident, I'm not sure you really want to talk about the insane ways people pronounce local things anywhere.

>this last decade
Boston dominates hockey and football
>and outside of this run, Bay Area teams are irrelevant
imagine resting on the laurels of the dead and dying and insulting a city for creating legacies from scratch in (((Our))) lifetime

The Lakers are an equal big story to the Warriors. One is a lottery team and the other is in the finals.

Tell me again LA doesn't have power.

Reminder San Francisco is quite LITERALLY a shithole.

Attached: san francisco is literally full of shit.jpg (1075x1666, 625K)

Weird how they shill so much and yet pg, boogie, klay, and others aren’t actually coming to LA

>we’re a lottery team

Embarrassing

Kawhi is coming
AD is definitely being traded to the Lakers
Beal is most likely being traded for the #4 pick and Lonzo

And don't forget, Klay's dad works for the Lakers and Klay's whole existence is owed to the Laker organization because without the Lakers, his dad wouldn't have any rings and his dad wouldn't have raised Klay in Southern California.

have they done this for other cities? I'd be interested in mine, for reasons

based and shitpilled

Not a single one of those things is gonna happen lmao

SF may have the librul laws that allow it, but most of the homeless people are transplants from the Great White Poverty that is the midwest

Klay's dad literally works for the Lakers, you idiot

espn.com/los-angeles/radio/show?showId=now

Lets be real: if you've touched a basketball at any point of your life, you've also thought about putting on a Laker uniform.

cope

more kids still imagine wearing a bulls jersey

lol ok.

you live on an island

don't we all

and i can still smell the human defication coming from here

How many more times do the Lakers need to strike out on big FAs before their fans realize nobody is coming there except LeBron?

Edmonton in the 80's.

>Oilers with Gretzky
>Eskimos with a young Warren Moon

Well until someone wins more championships than the Lakers.

>Le 34 year old prime athlete

Fucking kek! Lenigger is a fucking cancerous prima donna, who is single handedly running the Lakers into the ground. He killed the locker room when he tried to trade all the young talent for Davis and tried to get Tyrone no backbone Lue to replace Walton. Good luck in the 2020 draft lottery!

I want to be the first man to poo on the Golden Gate Bridge.

Hard to be in the lottery with AD and Beal, with Kyrie and Kawhi possibly joining in.

Stick your Spic sports, you spic.

there's nothing I could say that would refute this
you sure it isn't rotting flesh from sheffield

I will sell this concept to Netflix so we can make a quick million on a shitty documentary

so in 2 weeks?

California is an embarrassment to America

tell your cancerfornians to stop moving everywhere else then

Zoomer athletes don’t give a fuck about championships won before they were born

>im-fucking-plying they can win wihtout KD

>being delusional
don't let your emotions cloud your judgement. shit's embarrassing

Not as embarassing as being a player in California and NOT being in LA. LA = more endorsements, more media coverage, more fans.

Boston is about to win 3 major titles in 1 season lmao what did LGay do lmfao

Get FA's to win championships in everything. Only New Yorkers can talk to us, sorry.

genuinely chuckled

Kyrie isnt coming to LA, KD isnt coming to LA. Youre going to get Kemba Walker and like it

Yeah, but AD and Beal aren't too shabby either.

This decade belongs to the bay and boston.
Both have won 6 chips since 2010. Both are in all likelihood about to win a 7th.

>Implying they’ll even get Kemba

And what FA are you gonna get?
Even LeBron has to suck Kawhi's dick so he can come play for your shithole city even if its for the other team.

Yet LA and New York Get way more coverage and are constant threats in FA.

Boston and the Gay Area have to rely on luck. Only cities that get big name FAs consistently should be in the conversation

The concept of free agency has made Los Angeles by far the #1 American sports city

The only way to defeat LA dominance is by getting rid of free agency, which will never happen

>faveLA

what good is being a "threat" in FA if they never come through

it's nothing but media hype stuck in the 80s

cant tell if serious post

What’s living in a favela like, Joao?

nice bait

I don't know, I don't live in LA

Boston. Your cities last championship was with a hockey team that's now eternally on tank mode. Also Rasm are overrated trash that the NFL rigged the playoff game last year because muh new shiny #2 media market mons

This year. Dodgers.

The rebuild is almost done and they are by far the best team in the NL

The difference between the Red Sox and the Dodgers. You talk about winning in the future, the Red Sox won in the present lmao

Yeah because the Red Sox ain't doing much winning in their future lmao

this is Pajeets fault

Pajeets don't live there though

Why is LA's skyline so...blah? It looks pretty unimpressive for a city its size. Is LA like a European city where its mostly midrises?

nah it's homeless white people

user, I...

LA is visually the least impressive important city in the world. New York, Tokyo, Berlin, etc. All way more impressive.

The future is all subjective, the only objective fact is the Red Sox beat the Dodgers in the last World Series and are champions while the Dodgers have nothing

Berlin? lmao what

b-but my constant polluted skyline

Berlin is gorgeous

>Hating on Kemba
What the fuck user.

No other cities have snowcapped mountains and palm trees in one skyline shot in the world. Maybe somewhere in France or Italy.

Not even Cape Town is like that because Table Mountain doesn't get snow.

but hardly belongs alongside New York or Tokyo or even Miami if we're talking about impressive skylines

lmao what

hawaii, lad

This one LAutist is so embarrassing for actual LA sports fans on this board

>Hawaii
>snow capped mountains
>skyline

lol what is this 1848? your skyline is a fucking parking lot and you only have water because your neighboring communities have been fleeced and left for dead, i.e. owens valley
la is unironically a mistake and a parasite

That's not even a modern picture of the LA skyline. Wilshire Grand (the tallest building west of the Mississippi) is noticeably missing along with many other sky rises. Modern day, it looks more complete than Chicago.

Tokyo has native palm trees and obviously fuji is visible from most parts of the city, and of course further south they are more numerous and in view of fuji and other snowcapped mountains. You aren't so special. This kind of thing is on most continents

Attached: d3f1e5e3d71c3579504ada03a2f0304f.jpg (1080x810, 78K)

Nice skyline picture.

Currently, as in right now, the Red Sox are a shitshow while the Dodgers are rolling.

Currently, as it stands now, the Red Sox are the reigning world series champions

Is this Denver?

Why is LA so weirdly structured?

And why the fuck are Beverly Hills, Santa Monica and San Fernando randomly not part of the city?

Attached: LA map.png (836x654, 334K)

Baseado

Imagine living in Brazil and calling other places a favela.

That's how bad LA is

i've been to both places, LA is worse and doesn't have the excuse of being in a 3rd world, which makes it 10x as worse. also you actually get laid in brazil

LA is nowhere near as bad as any place in Latin America. You people need to travel more.

>tfw second worst team in the league and are somehow not the biggest train wreck playing at Staples Center
Laughing hard at the lelkers

Attached: smuk kings frog.png (394x430, 96K)

Most people in LA don't consider the San Fernando Valley part of LA.

Shitfrancisco-tier post

They're only technically outside city limits. When you actually visit it doesn't feel you're outside of LA or anything

>tfw hate libs with a passion but part of me wants to live in Cali

Beaches, nice weather, hot women, great music... but goddamnit I hate liberals

California literally subsidizes most of the nation's economy so flyover hicks live long enough to produce more fetanyl addicts.

Berlin is a concrete dump m8, the only nice part is that museum island area thing, I forget the name

Really? In real life I feel like most people think of it as part of LA. Only transplants don't

Some neighborhoods chose to be independent cities in order to avoid the bureaucracy of being a part of a large city. But they're still all a part of the same county.

>blow a 3-1 lead
>niners only relevence is a QB who lost to joe flacco kneeling
>Raiders leaving the bay area
>shorks only making one final and losing in a decade where they spent the majority of it under both LA teams, one which won 2.
>As have no relevance
>fans are mostly bandwagon filipinos and edgy hipsters who watch their games with onions

>town is so devoid of championships they actually count MLS
yikes

Attached: file.png (1342x298, 33K)

In real life, Hollywood has more relevance to people's lives than Silicon Valley.

>Hollywood more relevant than Google, Facebook, Twitter, etc.

come on

i could get the deep change under my couch and the top book on the shelf at the same time with all that reaching

"tech" is fungible whereas the film and television dominance of southern California simply doesn't have a global peer or precedent. Nearly the entirety of the movie business had been consolidated there while they were still figuring out how to get water to the region in the 1910's.

It's the only truly American industry to endure and remain in America. No American city has ever come remotely close to making a challenge (lol at anyone suggesting NYC). Globally, London is the only place I can think of with a film/tv presence that could at least start to make a claim that they are playing in the same league. Berlin and Mexico City at different times in history, but not now.

stop being a little snowflake because of a difference of opinion

they're still figuring out how to get water, but it seems hollywood is good at getting a nice flow of little boy buttholes to drink from

t. Tranny

>sports channels based in LA
>they mostly talk about Boston teams come playoffs time
really makes you think

Why isn't he brown?

You sure about that? Because the Lakers have gotten more press than either NBA finals team.

Boston.

At LEAST one championship team a season (in their respective sports). SOMETIMES two, maybe three.

I used to live there and they don’t get nearly as crazy during Championship Titles as they did during the early 2000s.

It’s kind of sad, desu. They are so used to winning when Brady retires, Kylie leaves, and the Sox continue their spiral, they’re going to have no idea what is going on.

Not being an asshole, I just know a lot of people there that watching sports has become a backburner-tier activity since it’s almost a given they will win SOMETHING.

Again why isn't he brown

All press is good press.

But when everybody in the country is talking about you like the retarded kid in the back of the class who shits his britches and eats crayons, it doesn’t shine a good light on you.

Political Apathist here.

It’s literally Tumblr: The State, but if you make good money and can make your life yours, it’s a fucking paradise.

I love how you consider us rivals, but we don't even acknowledge you. New York is our only rival.

are you frightened by the prospect?