Why is there no National British Isles football tournament ?

Why is there no National British Isles tournament? With
>England
>Scotland
>Wales
>N. Ireland
>Ireland
It would be huge right? I don't see why this hasn't happened? Or has it and it just got shut down early on? I mean it's not the 80's anymore so we wouldn't need to worry about the IRA.

Attached: 51VLCI2VaLL.jpg (354x500, 32K)

>englandwinslol
Would get boring fast.

didn't you fags do this way back in the day?

this

They did it a few years back but I think England didn't want to play

Regardless. Shit would be huge. An underdog would win at some point anyway, Wales and Scotland would stand some chance.

Why is Scotland so shit? They are pretty much as big as England.

Need more speedy niggers

There was before the world cup was invented

>"British Isles"

Nice try.

Landmass wise yes, population wise no.
Also the Scot is built for throwing bits of tree around and eating oats. They haven't yet imported the critical mass of third world runningnogs necessary to field a whole football team.

Why'd they get rid of it?

It's purely geographical. No one calling you not Irish, it's just a fact that you are part of the British Isles the same way it's a fact that Germany is in Europe.

Russia is the biggest country in the world, but you say it's the best?

The British Home Championship was discontinued after the 1983–84 competition. There were a number of reasons for the tournament's demise, including it being overshadowed by the World Cup and European Championships, falling attendances at all but the England v Scotland games, fixture congestion, the rise of hooliganism, the Troubles in Northern Ireland (civil unrest led to the 1980–81 competition being abandoned), and England's desire to play against 'stronger' teams. The fate of the competition was settled when the (English) Football Association, swiftly followed by the Scottish Football Association, announced in 1983 that they would not be entering after the 1983–84 Championship. The British Home Championship trophy remains the property of the Irish FA, as Northern Ireland were the most recent champions.

Shame. I wish they'd bring it back, Hooliganism isn't nearly the problem it was and the Irish are fairly tame these days, there'd be some top banter on here. What do you think?

I'd watch it, would be nice to do every 4 years or something on an odd year.

We both know that deep down that you still consider Ireland a part of the British empire and believe that all Irish people are just serfs born to serve their superior English masters.

Fucking hell I can see why you're all Liverpool fans with that victim mentality

We nearly have something in club football, the Scottish Challenge Cup

>For the 2018–19 edition there are 58 teams: 30 from the SPFL; the twelve under-20 teams of the Scottish Premiership clubs; four each from the Highland League and Lowland League; and two guest teams from each of the NIFL Premiership, Welsh Premier League, English National League, and League of Ireland Premier Division.[6]

Connah's Quay Nomads got to the final lel

Attached: Irn-Bru-Cup.jpg (989x567, 52K)

Not really. The British empire was terrible. I do wish Ireland was part of the UK though. I like Ireland and the Irish. It's a shame things turned out how they did. If things had been handles better over the course of history, Ireland would be part of the UK with no fuss.

Q Champions league version fo the UK teams would be cool.

Would still be Tottenham vs Liverpool though

Spot on. Remember, blacks > dogs > irish

>The British empire was terrible
It wasn't worse than the Spanish empire. At least your colonies (most of them anyway) became decent countries.

>mentality

I mean, they were victims

The fact remains that it just wouldn't be a good competition. Some team occasionally being good enough to challenge England isn't enough to sustain interest, particularly when most of the other games end up as dead rubbers.

Just the white ones

I don't, I'm envious that you lads seem to be facing forward whilst us Nigels here bicker and squabble about nothing.

As an Englishman i'd love to see England win every 4 years, would be a good change of pace .

They were yeah, but they act like they still are

These things take time. It hasn't even been 50 years since the troubles lol

Aren't Scotland and Ireland leaving due to Brexit?

>The British empire was terrible
lmao I bet you actually believe that too

Are you not? why do you speak english?

>Aren't Scotland and Ireland leaving due to Brexit?
Scotland can fucking try but they can't and wont. Ireland isn't part of the UK.

They watch EPL over their own league. Sad!

Republic of Ireland is already a sovereign country, Northern Ireland is part of the UK.

Okay. Arent Scotland and Northern Ireland leaving due to Brexit?

yes all hail mother russia

Many such cases!

It was bad, the reason we are flooded with 3rd world immigrants from around the world changing the demographics of our country eternally is because of the British Empire. We helped some countries get to where they are today? And what do we from it? Nothing.

Of course not.

They should just do a British Isles league. The meltdown when Celtics and Rangers get regulated will be great

Better yet, they should scrap the Carabao cup and make it an Islands competition with the best 3-4 teams in each country's top league

>and Rangers
oh no he doesn't know..

Thought they were because they voted to remain?

hey, that’s not nice to dogs. they’re mans best friend.. dogs > blacks

What happened?

That doesn't mean they're going to secede from the UK. Would California leave the United States if everyone voted Republican but they voted Liberal? No.

Canada just started the inaugural season of our premier league. Can we join?

California has never tried to leave
Scotland and n Ireland have

A Britbong can correct me here if I'm wrong, but I swear part of the conditions for Scotland staying in the UK was that it would stay in the EU, right?

they did it to themselves.. not hysel but hillsborough

Their trade is with England. Why ditch them for EU?

Attached: main-qimg-5d494d5b6481cadb041d06b60ebb268a.jpg (600x426, 49K)

Yeah but voting remain while britain votes leave in brexit is not the same as an independence referendum, if leave wins overall then scotland and n. ireland have to suck it up since they are still part of the queen's united kingdom

>Are you not? why do you speak english?

>People in Uruguay speak Spanish.

>Uruguay must be part of Spain.

They can still leave if they want to, but if the EU don't take them they'll be fucked. And there's a good chance Spain wouldn't want to encourage that kind of behaviour so would block them.

Yeah, it's a mess but a second referendum on Scottish independence is years off.

The problem Scottish nationalists have is a bit of a contradiction, in that they want the UK to stay in the EU for open trade with our closest and largest trading partners.

However, if they argue to leave a Brexited UK to rejoin the EU, it would essentially be Brexit on steroids, as the Scottish economy is completely interlinked with the rest of the UK.

That would make sense if this wasn't the new world and the population actually lived here before colonization.

Ireland cant afford to take Northern Ireland in

Spain wouldn't recognize anybody's independence, ever
Then again Spain is still whining about the catalan referendum being a violent coup d'etat, while at the same time supporting a real military coup in venezuela. Logic doesn't apply in this country

Asspain

England first place.
Scotland last place.

Everytime.

Wales, Norn Iron and RoI have all been to international tournaments since Scotland last did, they're shite.

Serious question: Would greater autonomy (basically self-governance in all internal affairs) for all regions pacify separatist movements in Spain?

Wales v England 2016 was hilarious

UK first country to defeat itself

Spain is already very decentralised, so no, basically.

Itd just be the FA cup

Wouldnt work unless the league is forced to have a club for each region

that would not be a bad way to get more money into the other associations and hopefully in time increase the quality of their football competitions

i know people would be excited to watch norn irish and league of ireland teams to play celtic rangers and liverpool, though the english fans would probably only (barely) care about the old firm teams and the english teams would dominate

Alternative proposition:

- Scotland
- Ireland (united)
- Le Wales
- Norf
- Middul
- Souf

Well they could be in Championship league? Swansea is already there

No, and most regions actually want more centralization
Really the only parts of Spain with considerable presence of separatism are catalonia and to a lesser extent the basques

There isn't a single player who would get into England's squad in any of those countries, except for Andy Robertson.

>50
Troubles ended in 1999 mate, if you're going by the "official" shit of the GFA. It continued well into the 2000s in reality. 2004 was the last really bad year for it, in my memory.

He's talking about the Irish, you spastic.

Ramsey would make the squad at least

There were no conditions. They had a vote, and voted no.

I get your rationale but there are other European countries who never had a major empire abroad and are still around the same pace as we are with high net immigration.

The Irish literally rebelled against the British Empire every single generation since the moment the British stepped foot on the island. They did the same thing against the Vikings. The Irish unironically would never have allowed themselves to go quietly into the night.

Until Alan Shatter quietly changed the citizenship laws against the wishes of the Irish people and tens of thousands of Nigerians and Brazilians became "Irish" overnight. Irish government put the propaganda into overdrive and now you have Irishmen and women (mostly from Dublin) claiming that Ngubu Nbolobo who lived in Dublin for 5 years despite spending 35 years in Nigeria is just as Irish as Seamus Ó Ceallaigh whose family were all born and raised in the same village in Donegal for as far back as parochial records can show. But don't forget, the first generation yank born in America to Irish emigrants isn't Irish if he comes and lives in Ireland.

Alright, thread's over

Gentle reminder that Cromwell ended the exile of the jews in England and if he hadn't and it was still in effect to this day, the world as a whole would be less "diverse".

Cardiff
Swansea
Rangers
Celtrics
Belfast

All in UK 2nd league

They should do it but split England up into the Northumbria (the North), Mercia (Midlands), East Anglia, the Home Counties, London and Wessex

Of course, NORFERN BVLLS would dominate proceedings

For me, it's Mercia

scottish top 3 clubs vs english 4/5/6 clubs. I'd watch.

Very small number of ngubus
and
Most of Scotland’s land is uninhabited. Parts of it are classed as Arctic-tier desolation

Inb4
>but muh iceland!!!

>Celtic vs Man Utd
>Rangers vs Arsenal
>Kilmarnock vs Tottenham
You like watching one sided hammerings?

What a disgusting map, since when were we a part of England?

Celtic and Rangers would come right back up after spending some time with championship money

This would be good if England could use only their second team and the first team can play for the other countries, just not England. Maybe people like Bale can play for England if they want too

Could be a B team competition, always interesting to see fringe players given a chance to impress.

>England B
>Scotland B
>Wales B
>Northern Ireland B
>Republic of Ireland B
>Gibraltar
>Jersey
>Isle of Man

Two groups of 4, top 2 progress to semis, 3rd v 3rd to decide 5th overall, 4th v 4th to decide 7th, 3rd place play of and final. Every team gets to play 4/5 games.

>the state of ManU
>the state of ass
>tot'num
i'd say it's pretty even user.

County Championships similar to the Irish sports would be kino.

As a unionist Scot I kind of want us to get independence post-brexit. The look on the SNPtards faces when Spain blocks our re-entry into the EU will be fucking hilarious

I'm down, but only if we call it 'The Guinness Celtic Isles Soccer Jamboree'

I hope you've got a way out the country if that happens

Given the state of arsenal and man u currently I’d say both OF teams could beat them, especially considering arse and manure would underestimate them and would deploy their C-teams

Sturgon: ENGLISH EXPATS IN SPAIN BLOCKED US

there are no conditions, they had to sell us their country because they fucked up their colonies so hard

Yorkshire, Cornwall, Jersey and Isle of Man all have 'national teams' under CONIFA and every county FA has an Under18 representative team. It honestly would take much of a leap to create a proper counties tournament, though realistically few pro clubs would release players for games.

>try to colonize Panama
>end up getting absorbed into England

that was Northern Ireland

you're not suggesting the republic was aiding the IRA are you?

>repeatedly invade England
>repeatedly pillage and rape English townsfolk as if you were some 8th century Viking barbarian

>wonder why the English invade you back and kill your monarchs and aristocracy so they can live a peaceful life

>implying Will Grigg isn't what England needs right now

UP THE TICKS

got it!
according to last [this] seasons table.
SPS:
1 Celtic
2 Rangers
3 Kilmarnock

EPL:
5 Arsenal
6 Manchester United
7 Wolves

1 table, Scottish clubs play English clubs home and away, same for English to Scottish. 1st place in the table is the Champion.
>the fuck kinda table is that
read this a while ago, I think it's called an "Amsterdam round robin: or some shit like that.

The Scots and Welsh are the real Brits. The English are just German/Danish settlers

Nah

>most sung song at the WC
>doesn't even get to play
I can't believe they did him like that.

England = Cell
Scotland & Wales = Androids

Tbf it depends what counties are used, if it's historic counties then the title would just rotate between Yorkshire, Lancashire and Middlesex. Using the modern counties (Greater London & Manchester, Merseyside, etc.) might make it a bit more interesting.

Would England's B team be good enough to qualify for the World Cup?

Ireland didn’t qualify, so no

Scots started settling in Britain at the same time as Angles and Saxons. In fact it was the Scots/Irish raids and settlements that led to the Romano-Britons hiring Saxon mercenaries to defend them

We all know how that ended

So only raelly Welsh are legit Brits?

And Scots are from where?

Ireland

>Legit Brits
>Not on Union Jack

Hilarious

>Scots started settling in Britain at the same time as Angles and Saxons.

The Scots (from Ireland) didn't physically replace the Pics, though. It was more like a merger, and modern Scots are still overwhelmingly descended from the pre-Scottish northern Britons (as well as Angles in the south east). The English are also mostly not descended from Angles,Saxons, Jutes, etc., though not to the same extent as the Scots. And in the case of the English, the cultural replacement was more thorough.

>we
Who are you referring to?

>tfw all 4 were supposed to be playing a tournament in Yorkshire this summer
>Isle of Man dropped out because they are the perennially butthurt bad boys of ConIFA along with Cornwall, at the last moment

They've invited the Chagos Island team, made up of the community forcibly removed to make the British Indian Ocean Territory.

Attached: IMG_20190527_234824.jpg (1131x1600, 244K)

See:

Starting around 600 AD or so, people from Ireland known as Scots began invading and settling in northern Britain, bringing the Gaelic language (as opposed to the Bythonic Celtic language of the Picts) with them. By about the year 900 AD, the nobility of Scots and Picts had merged. But modern scots are still mostly not descended from these Irish settlers- it was a cultural/linguistic replacement, not a demographic replacement.

The area of southeastern Scotland (including Edinburgh) was settled by Angles and has always been English speaking, though it was incorporated into the Kingdom of Alba (Scotland).

Most ‘Scots’ today aren’t actually descended from Ireland. The Kingdom of Alba (Scotland, successor state of Dal Riada - an Irish state from Ulster) just absorbed the Britons in Strathclyde, the Picts in the rest of the Highlands and the East Coast, and later the small amount of Northumbrians in the area on the East Coast from Edinburgh down to the border, into their own country.

Most of the inhabitants of Scotland today are descended from the original Briton/Pictish tribes that first inhabited the land. The vast majority of Scots who have actual Irish ancestry have it through Irish immigration in the 19th and early 20th centuries

black people are not better than dogs ya simp

And aren't the Brits in Northern Ireland decsents of Scots?

The fuckery

Yep, this guy knows. The modern Scots are a composite of:

(mostly) Picts/Caledonians (native Britons who were not part of Roman Britain)

(minority) Strathclyde Britons (or, "Northern Welsh")

(minority) English Northumbrians

(minority) "Scots" from Ireland

(very minority) Norse settlers

Mostly yes. "Scots" went from Ireland to Pictland, merged with the local majority, then a thousand years later some of their descendants went back to Ireland.

Northern Ireland is weird. It’s the result of British plantations inhabited by mostly by Scots and a large minority of Northern Englishmen in an attempt to turn Ulster into a Protestant province and solidify British control over Ireland.

There were and are still many native Irish Catholics in Ulster but the plantations mostly did their job.

One thing I’ve always found intriguing is the fact that since Anglicans (the English) has most of the say in the running of Ulster during the 1600s and 1700s, many Presbyterians (Scots) decided to leave and immigrate to the USA, where they became known as the Scots-Irish and has a large part in the development of the South. They’re the reason why the Ku Klux Klan have ‘Klan’ in their name

Yeah, the American south is packed with the descendants of Ulster Scots. Millions more than are in Norf Ireland today. Interestingly, a lot of them like to think of themselves as Irish, because due to reasons, being Irish is considered fashionable in America.

like 30 percent of "ulster-scots" who emigrated to america were anglican

Yeah, but:
Americans tend to not recognize "English" as a real ethnicity. English is certainly the most common ancestral component for white Americans, but few people will describe themselves as being of English descent. They'll gladly call themselves Irish though, even if they only have like 1/8th Irish ancestry. It's dumb, but oh well.

Do they do that because being of English ethnicity is just the standard/norm or because they don’t want to be associated with England

I've met many Americans who identity as English descendants

there used to be one. but hooliganism. By English fans

Yes, and we're 100% correct in believing that.

I hope we put together a combined team for Tokyo 2020.

Attached: Aaron Ramsey Team GB.jpg (735x1024, 152K)

Not quite. The English are Britons/Celts who intermixed with the various German tribes.

Attached: Genetic Britain (2).jpg (1024x724, 155K)

England bought Scotland? Thought they merged tl have an empire

Is Brexit even gonna happen?

>20% irish btw!

Mostly because being English is (falsely) considered bland and "generic," and therefore not meaningful or legitimate. More recently there might be some degree of not wanting to be associated with England because of the association of OPPRESSION. But for the most part, it's because everything else is considered more exciting. Irish is probably the most fashionable, followed by Italian or Scottish.

Why are Irish people autistic and have an inferiority complex?

Irish are mostly Man United fans. Liverpool is more popular in Northern Ireland.

what bout this britbros?

arent you forgetting there was more britons and celts in england than wales and scotland put together?

Yes

>Englandwins the first 25 tournaments
>Scotland finally wins one through memes

Meh, it'd be cool to see the one time Celtic/Rangers/Whoever win when they do, but then it'd go back to the snorefest that is englandwinslol

They have TVs in northern ireland?

If you have 1 Irish parent you are Irish. Please do your research before posting

That's a fantastic name for it.

well, we had to pick up their tab still, but yes

half agree and half can’t believe you’d say such a thing. These fucking assholes really are just like us aren’t they

>pay their Bill's
>they whine

Is Scotland a rebellious teenanger?

Filled with gay whisky addicts m8.

Wheres isle of man?

I'd like to see the Anglo-Italian cup re-introduced
Clubs from teh championship and Serie B

>constantly off their tits on drugs
>loud and obnoxious

yes

>its another obsessed with scotland thread

yawn

>NI VS IRELAND match happen
>score is not a draw
>bomb explode

>MI6 unionist brainwashing psyop

Attached: 56346346456.jpg (968x726, 150K)

Kill yourself, mboko. You will never be Irish. For the record, Alan Shatter changed the citizenship laws originally so that any child born to TWO foreign parents on the island of Ireland, was automatically Irish. The Irish ended up having a referendum about that bullshit back in 2004 because they never wanted it in the first place. Of course, the damage was already done. Which is why you and your nigerian mates can all pretend you're Irish now.